Project Management: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Prevent Marketing Team Burnout and Get Over OvertimeJoe StaplesMarketers are known for late nights and jam-packed days. Unfortunately, that kind of schedule can lead to diminished productivity at best, and burnout and turnover at worst. There's a better ...
Digital Asset Management: How to Demonstrate Business Value, Create a Business Case, and Search for the Best SolutionJenny RidgeIf you've decided that your business needs a digital asset management (DAM) system to take over from your old, complex legacy systems, demonstrating business value may be fairly easy. If ...
Goat Rodeo or Gantt Chart: Five Better Ways to Creative ContentDeborah HolsteinMyth: creative content is the result of a smooth, linear process, thanks to inspired designers, writers, illustrators... The idea appeals to project managers and heads of marketing who love their ...
Slow Marketing: How to Deliver Faster Results by Slowing Down (Yes, You Read That Right)Ann HandleyIn our fast-paced, always-on, agile, want-it-yesterday, mile-a-minute world... there is a critical need to slow down. Why? Because doing so allows you to achieve real results—faster.
Top 7 Reasons Creative Directors Need Digital Asset ManagementLeslie WellerFrom time savings and increased productivity to usage rights, asset protection, and more, DAM's day as an essential tool for creative directors has arrived. The rewards are plentiful, and the ...
17 Handy Tools for Entrepreneurs, Startups, and MarketersBeth WorthyBuilding a business is not easy, but thanks to ever-developing technology you have access to useful and effective tools that can simplify your work. Make yourself and your business more ...
The Top Five Drivers of Marketing Execution PerformanceChris DentThe first step to marketing execution done right is to understand what drives performance. Here's a look at the biggest drivers of performance.
Five Questions You Need to Ask Before Purchasing New TechnologyBrittany WickersonMarketers are inundated with offerings of state-of-the-art applications that can greatly improve every aspect of B2B marketing. These five questions will help you evaluate technology vendors and applications quickly to ...
Get Organized: Four Simple Ways to Keep Creative Projects on TrackJoe StaplesCreative teams thrive on flexibility, doing some of their best work when given the freedom to explore and experiment. But too much of a good thing can be, well, too ...
Marketing Project Musts: Stay Organized With These Five TipsRachel Haim HadasMultiple clients with multiple projects, all with multiple deadlines... Whether you are approaching a new product launch, a website redesign, or any other project, here are a few ways to ...
Project Management: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Top Hacks for Becoming a Project Management Master: Nathan Ellering on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTips, tricks, and hacks for managing marketing projects from Nathan Ellering, the demand-generation lead at marketing calendar company CoSchedule and an instructor for the Marketing Project Management Essentials course from MarketingProfs.
Project Management: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Project Manage Like a Pro: 3 Expert Tips to Streamline Reviews and ApprovalsBroadcast on 4/25/2017 with Ashley Spurlock, Kelly SantinaJoin us for this free seminar as we uncover three ways you can work smarter to reclaim your wasted time on reviews and approvals. Sponsored by Workfront
- MarketingProfs University: Time Management BootcampBroadcast on 3/2/2017 with Eva RykrsmithIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to prioritize tasks and create maximum customer value through the application of quality management principles. You'll discover how to consistently make high-value decisions about where, when, and how to invest your attention, energy, and resources to achieve success for both you and your customer.
- Marketing Project Management 101: Six Project Management Skills Every Marketer Needs to KnowBroadcast on 1/31/2017 with Brent Bird, Jason FallsStop trying to organize on the fly and putting in overtime to stay on top of your work. Join us for this free seminar to learn the basics of project management. You’ll walk away with the skills to manage your resources and get everything done on time, so can avoid future uncomfortable conversations with your boss (at least about project management). Sponsored by Workfront
- MarketingProfs University: High-Performance MarketingBroadcast on 3/10/2016 with David NewberryIn this PRO seminar, we'll introduce the principles of agile methodology and lean manufacturing, and explain why these matter not only to manufacturers, but also to knowledge-based functions like marketing. You'll see how these principles can be applied to create a high-performance team. We'll also walk you through practical ways to apply these techniques in a day-to-day working environment.
Project Management: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Four Essentials for Successful Event PlanningReleased on 8/5/2016 with Matt HeinzIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the four elements you need in your event planning to guarantee success. We'll cover best practices for how to organize, focus, and execute from pre-planning to post event follow-up. You'll leave with tools you can apply to any event to achieve your objectives and goals.
- Take 10: How to Develop a Dynamic Creative Briefing DocumentReleased on 1/2/2015 with R. Stephen RayfieldIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss the key components of a creative briefing document. You'll be able to take what you learned and develop a document that provides solid direction and parameters to your agency, internal marketing communications team, and/or any other group that has a hand in developing your product or brand campaign.
- Take 10: How to Create a Teaser VideoReleased on 6/20/2014 with Ken CossinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create excitement around your new product launch by producing a winning teaser video. You'll also learn how to promote your video pre- and post-release to ensure it gets viewed.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Find Creative Inspiration Outside the OfficeReleased on 4/4/2014 with Amy Marks-McGeeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three critical steps that will not only help you identify your brand's key values, but will allow you to develop these values into your brand's own unique musical vocabulary.