Web Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Why a Global Content Model Makes Sense in Today's Market [Infographic]Laura ForerGoing global can mean a lot more work for marketers as they scramble to translate content into local languages. Today's infographic suggests that a global content operating model can reduce ...
How to Reuse Old Content to Boost Your SEO and Keep Your Audience EngagedOn YavinHow can you ensure a constant flow of new and engaging content to maintain your following and reach new audiences? And how can you improve your SEO? By cleverly recycling ...
Six Building Blocks of a High-Converting Lead Generation FormAshley WalshLet's be honest: Website visitors hate to fill out your lead generation forms. Luckily, there are proven ways to reduce form friction and get prospects to hand over their valuable ...
Anatomy of a Viral Video: A Tale of Two StoriesStephan SpencerBetween two similar videos, what makes one buzz to the top of the YouTube charts, and one languish in obscurity? Experts weigh in.
How Small Marketing Teams Can Achieve Big Content WinsJacob WarwickWhether you're focused on building a content strategy, creating and distributing content, or measuring content performance, even one-person teams can achieve content marketing success.
Three Ways UGC Influences Sales: The Case of Real-Customer PhotosJuliet CarnoyWhen you scale your content creation efforts with user-generated content, and use real customer photos alongside branded content in your marketing, you'll gain credibility and authenticity for your brand and ...
Own Your Interview: Nine Questions Every Content-Writing Candidate Needs to AskMarc ThalerYou can't get answers if you don't ask questions. And if you don't get answers, you can't make informed decisions. Ask these nine questions, and you'll be on your way ...
The Chief Content Officer Is Dead; Long Live Content MarketingPawan DeshpandeIt turns out that having a C-level executive in charge of content marketing has not been realistic, but the need for content—and content leadership—remains. So who's going to lead the ...
Localizing Your Website Can Help You Win Customers [Infographic]Laura ForerIf your website targets visitors worldwide but is only in English, then you could be missing major opportunities. This infographic explains why localizing your website should be a must for ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook Undermines LinkedIn, Amazon Takes on Skype: 11 Stories This WeekChristian NeriThis week, two giants gang up on a third: Facebook undermines Microsoft's LinkedIn as Amazon digs at Microsoft's Skype. LinkedIn unveils new data-driven features, Facebook comes to your TV screen, ...
Web Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Social Media and the Future of Publishing: Amy Maniatis of National Geographic Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNational Geographic has dominated print media for 125 years, and now the organization is staking its claim on social networks and photo-sharing sites. EVP and CMO Amy Maniatis discusses brand management, the power of content, and the importance of emerging ...
Think Like a Producer, Not a Publisher: Andrew Davis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantMarketers need to think and act more like executive producers, those people behind the scenes of movies and TV shows who spend all their time "trying to find the resources to create the right kind of content for the right ...
Getting Content Strategy Right: Michael Brenner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThe "S" word can be intimidating, but failure to articulate a clear strategy (and goals!) for your content marketing will undermine its effectiveness. Here, Michael Brenner discusses how SAP defines—and implements—its content strategy.
Web Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Harness User Experience as Your Secret Marketing WeaponBroadcast on 5/18/2017 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to identify your customer's current online experience and how you can make it unforgettably delightful. You'll leave with tools and tips to ensure every interaction your customer has is so positive that they can't wait to return.
- Fix Your Funnel: 15 Things to Remove From Your Site ImmediatelyBroadcast on 2/2/2017 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why you need to run (not walk) to your content management system and make immediate changes for the good of your lead funnel. You'll discover what you should add or remove from your site—to fix the top, middle, and bottom of your funnel—so you can increase traffic ASAP!
- How to Use Media Relations to Drive SEOBroadcast on 4/7/2016 with Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use content and traditional media relations to get on the first page of Google results for your priority keywords. We'll also share how to build brand awareness and increase your domain authority, as well as what to include in your content map to continuously generate new ideas.
- Creating Trustworthy ContentBroadcast on 10/1/2015 with Gerry McGovernIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create an online customer experience that's based on trust. You'll walk away knowing how to create trustworthy content and armed with a solid understanding of guidelines for creating no-fluff content that your customers will use and believe in.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts SearchBroadcast on 8/13/2015 with Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- How to Build Your Podcast BrandBroadcast on 7/23/2015 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, we'll walk you through how to get started in podcasting—from understanding its current state to the mechanics and equipment needed to begin. You'll learn how to develop a podcast that both aligns with your brand promise and engages your audience. We'll also share techniques on how to turn your current listeners into brand advocates, and you'll walk away with actionable tips you can start using right away to take your podcast from good to great.
- Breathe New Life Into Your BlogBroadcast on 5/21/2015 with Christina IngeIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the secrets of making your blog better than ever. From getting more people to read your posts to proving the ROI of blogging with lead generation techniques, you'll walk away with ideas that will make your blog more than nice-to-have—it'll be a cornerstone of sales growth.
- Going All In: How to Avoid the Perils of a Website RedesignBroadcast on 5/7/2015 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the perils of a website redesign, and show you how to design a site for improved performance. We'll also share case studies of redesigns that have succeeded and failed, and you'll leave with practical advice on how to assess your existing site. (You'll also find out how Finish Line ultimately saved its online business!)
- Brain Science and Web MarketingBroadcast on 2/26/2015 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll reveal the secrets of marketing masters and provide you with neuromarketing tactics applicable to the relationship between the brain, behavior, and marketing on the web. We'll share research, case studies, and specific neuromarketing tactics that any brand can use to better connect with their customers—including the use of social proof, psychological anchoring, and how to tap into cognitive biases in your writing.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Build and Maintain a Thriving Content EcosystemBroadcast on 11/3/2011 with Ann Handley, Matthew T. GrantAnn Handley and Matthew T. Grant walk you through creating, implementing, and sustaining a content marketing program by remaining what you already have.
Web Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Eight Steps to Making Great Smartphone VideosReleased on 11/18/2016 with Jeremy A. WilliamsIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about essential planning considerations for smartphone videos. From outlining what you're going to shoot to ensuring you have all your accessories, this Take 10 will make sure you're (over) prepared for your next video shoot.
- Take 10: Improve Website Effectiveness With an Optimized Contact PageReleased on 10/7/2016 with Krista MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a contact page that will grow your business. We'll show you how to optimize your page's content and layout to ensure your visitors feel comfortable reaching out to learn more about your business. You'll leave with tips you can put into action right away to increase your contact page's effectiveness.
- Take 10: Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Bounce RatesReleased on 3/18/2016 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to lower your bounce rates. We'll discuss the importance of great copy, common layout and navigation issues, and little-known pitfalls that could cause visitors to leave.
- Take 10: Nine Things to Remove From Your WebsiteReleased on 3/11/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn just 10 minutes, we'll ask the tough questions about your website content including: do you really want people to click that? And does it even work as website content? From press releases and email links, to PDFs and cat videos, we'll show you nine things to remove from your website so you'll want to run (not walk) to your content management system for immediate changes.
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: 10 Tips for Creating Quality Video on Your SmartphoneReleased on 12/18/2015 with Rocky WallsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share simple, straight-to-the-point tips for creating high-quality video using your smartphone. From shooting, to sharing, to editing, you'll leave with actionable tactics you can put to use right away.
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Refresh Your Website (Without Spending a Fortune!)Released on 2/6/2015 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, we'll share five simple tips to improve and refresh your website. You'll be able to makeover your website so that it looks current, loads faster, and increases your search engine optimization ranking—without wasting your time and money.
- Take 10: How to Gain More Search Visibility From Blog PostsReleased on 11/14/2014 with Lorrie Thomas RossIn just 10 minutes, we'll share how you can optimize your blog for search with easy architectural tactics and tools. Plus, you'll learn simple steps that you can add into your blogging routine to give your content more SEO power.
- Take 10: UX for the Non-Techie—How to Better Guide the User Through Your SiteReleased on 10/3/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn some simple UX tricks to improve your website and your clients' journey to ensure that each page contains useful information and a meaningful call to action. Plus, you'll learn how staying agile can quickly enhance the UX and keep your clients' coming back.
Web Content: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Serious Marketer's Guide to Creating a Website That WorksThis 51-page guide is dedicated to exploring what it takes to develop and operate a website that works for your company. Whether you're building a website from scratch or optimizing an existing one, approach the project with the mindset of strategy first, execution second. Your planning process should be purposeful and thorough.
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- Website Metrics: What to Measure and How to ImproveIn this 27-page guide, you'll learn how to focus on the website data that matters most when you're intent on getting the most from your website—specifically, that which concerns website traffic, the visitor journey, visitor engagement, and conversions. It covers the various metrics to track in order to assess your website's performance in these areas and offers actionable tips for improving those results.