Web Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: LinkedIn's Latest Changes, How Social Will Change in 2017: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriSkim for a fresh start in 2017: all the LinkedIn changes marketers need to know; Twitter's cry for help, and its launch of 360-degree live video; consumers' concerns about social ...
Goodbye Google Keyword Planner, Hello Keyword Research Using PPCDavid ZimmermanDid you sigh when you heard Google is revoking free access to its Keyword Planner? Your first reaction was probably something like "Google is sticking it to us again." But ...
How to Prevent Churn and Retain Customers of Online ServicesChris CheneyCustomer churn is a normal part of doing business. The reasons customers leave you are diverse, but they fall in two categories: voluntary and involuntary. Understanding the differences between the ...
Seven Tips for Creating Effective Explainer VideosSteven CotroneoIf you're considering investing in marketing video in 2017, you'll want to read these useful tips for creating an explainer video that can help you drive more sales.
A 12-Point B2B Positioning Health-CheckLawson AbinantiThis B2B positioning health-check will tell you how effective your positioning really is. And it'll help you overcome preconceived notions about positioning effectiveness and give you a proven way to ...
Online Marketers Need to Embrace Personalization: Here's Why and HowAssaf DudaiYou've found yourself in the midst of the most crowded market imaginable—online content. The best shot you have at attracting and maintaining audiences is relevancy. And the foundation of relevancy ...
Top 4 Things You Should Know on Your Journey to Content Marketing SuccessAlicianne RandFinding your way to content marketing success is not always easy. Here are four lessons and a few secrets to help you on your journey.
Tips for Onsite Content Optimization With a Human TouchNyima BieberHere's real advice for optimizing your website in a way that is both strategic and natural. Learn how to avoid Google penalties for over-optimized content, and get best-practices and character ...
Links, the Ranking Factor That Real Estate (and Other) Websites IgnoreCaleb McElveenVarious ranking factors contribute to ranking your website and content high in search results, but the one that is seemingly ignored among them is consistently identified as the one with ...
Eight Missed Opportunities in Your B2B ContentDan StelterWhat really motivates buyers to act? When using content, many B2B companies struggle to engage buyers. Here are eight engagement tactics that work, according to research, but marketers use them ...
Web Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Social Media and the Future of Publishing: Amy Maniatis of National Geographic Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNational Geographic has dominated print media for 125 years, and now the organization is staking its claim on social networks and photo-sharing sites. EVP and CMO Amy Maniatis discusses brand management, the power of content, and the importance of emerging ...
Think Like a Producer, Not a Publisher: Andrew Davis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantMarketers need to think and act more like executive producers, those people behind the scenes of movies and TV shows who spend all their time "trying to find the resources to create the right kind of content for the right ...
Getting Content Strategy Right: Michael Brenner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThe "S" word can be intimidating, but failure to articulate a clear strategy (and goals!) for your content marketing will undermine its effectiveness. Here, Michael Brenner discusses how SAP defines—and implements—its content strategy.
Web Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Use Media Relations to Drive SEOBroadcast on 4/7/2016 with Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use content and traditional media relations to get on the first page of Google results for your priority keywords. We'll also share how to build brand awareness and increase your domain authority, as well as what to include in your content map to continuously generate new ideas.
- Creating Trustworthy ContentBroadcast on 10/1/2015 with Gerry McGovernIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create an online customer experience that's based on trust. You'll walk away knowing how to create trustworthy content and armed with a solid understanding of guidelines for creating no-fluff content that your customers will use and believe in.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts SearchBroadcast on 8/13/2015 with Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- How to Build Your Podcast BrandBroadcast on 7/23/2015 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, we'll walk you through how to get started in podcasting—from understanding its current state to the mechanics and equipment needed to begin. You'll learn how to develop a podcast that both aligns with your brand promise and engages your audience. We'll also share techniques on how to turn your current listeners into brand advocates, and you'll walk away with actionable tips you can start using right away to take your podcast from good to great.
- Breathe New Life Into Your BlogBroadcast on 5/21/2015 with Christina IngeIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the secrets of making your blog better than ever. From getting more people to read your posts to proving the ROI of blogging with lead generation techniques, you'll walk away with ideas that will make your blog more than nice-to-have—it'll be a cornerstone of sales growth.
- Going All In: How to Avoid the Perils of a Website RedesignBroadcast on 5/7/2015 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the perils of a website redesign, and show you how to design a site for improved performance. We'll also share case studies of redesigns that have succeeded and failed, and you'll leave with practical advice on how to assess your existing site. (You'll also find out how Finish Line ultimately saved its online business!)
- Brain Science and Web MarketingBroadcast on 2/26/2015 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll reveal the secrets of marketing masters and provide you with neuromarketing tactics applicable to the relationship between the brain, behavior, and marketing on the web. We'll share research, case studies, and specific neuromarketing tactics that any brand can use to better connect with their customers—including the use of social proof, psychological anchoring, and how to tap into cognitive biases in your writing.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Build and Maintain a Thriving Content EcosystemBroadcast on 11/3/2011 with Ann Handley, Matthew T. GrantAnn Handley and Matthew T. Grant walk you through creating, implementing, and sustaining a content marketing program by remaining what you already have.
- MarketingProfs University: Winning the Video RevolutionBroadcast on 10/13/2011 with Steve StockmanDuring this PRO seminar you'll learn how to rethink your approach to video and create videos that don't suck. Uncover the 10 critical elements of an effective video, including why audiences watch videos and how to make your story a success.
- MarketingProfs University: Getting Your Website Strategy RightBroadcast on 7/14/2011 with Gerry McGovernYou don't need a website strategy; you need a task strategy. Manage the customer task, and measure website success based on task completion.
Web Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Eight Steps to Making Great Smartphone VideosReleased on 11/18/2016 with Jeremy A. WilliamsIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about essential planning considerations for smartphone videos. From outlining what you're going to shoot to ensuring you have all your accessories, this Take 10 will make sure you're (over) prepared for your next video shoot.
- Take 10: Improve Website Effectiveness With an Optimized Contact PageReleased on 10/7/2016 with Krista MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a contact page that will grow your business. We'll show you how to optimize your page's content and layout to ensure your visitors feel comfortable reaching out to learn more about your business. You'll leave with tips you can put into action right away to increase your contact page's effectiveness.
- Take 10: Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Bounce RatesReleased on 3/18/2016 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to lower your bounce rates. We'll discuss the importance of great copy, common layout and navigation issues, and little-known pitfalls that could cause visitors to leave.
- Take 10: Nine Things to Remove From Your WebsiteReleased on 3/11/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn just 10 minutes, we'll ask the tough questions about your website content including: do you really want people to click that? And does it even work as website content? From press releases and email links, to PDFs and cat videos, we'll show you nine things to remove from your website so you'll want to run (not walk) to your content management system for immediate changes.
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: 10 Tips for Creating Quality Video on Your SmartphoneReleased on 12/18/2015 with Rocky WallsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share simple, straight-to-the-point tips for creating high-quality video using your smartphone. From shooting, to sharing, to editing, you'll leave with actionable tactics you can put to use right away.
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Refresh Your Website (Without Spending a Fortune!)Released on 2/6/2015 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, we'll share five simple tips to improve and refresh your website. You'll be able to makeover your website so that it looks current, loads faster, and increases your search engine optimization ranking—without wasting your time and money.
- Take 10: How to Gain More Search Visibility From Blog PostsReleased on 11/14/2014 with Lorrie Thomas RossIn just 10 minutes, we'll share how you can optimize your blog for search with easy architectural tactics and tools. Plus, you'll learn simple steps that you can add into your blogging routine to give your content more SEO power.
- Take 10: UX for the Non-Techie—How to Better Guide the User Through Your SiteReleased on 10/3/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn some simple UX tricks to improve your website and your clients' journey to ensure that each page contains useful information and a meaningful call to action. Plus, you'll learn how staying agile can quickly enhance the UX and keep your clients' coming back.
Web Content: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- Website Metrics: What to Measure and How to ImproveIn this 27-page guide, you'll learn how to focus on the website data that matters most when you're intent on getting the most from your website—specifically, that which concerns website traffic, the visitor journey, visitor engagement, and conversions. It covers the various metrics to track in order to assess your website's performance in these areas and offers actionable tips for improving those results.