Web Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Top Sites Driving Referral Traffic, by Content CategoryAyaz NanjiGoogle and Facebook dominate referral traffic to all types of online content, but the proportion of visits driven by each varies significantly by topic, according to recent research from Parse.ly.
Five Ways to Make Your Marketing Copy a Whole Lot More EngagingNick UsborneWriting better copy isn't difficult, but it does take a reset of how you think about marketing copy. Follow these five steps to find your brand's authentic voice and connect ...
When Great Content Isn't Enough: Remember Technical SEO If You Want Your Content to RankHamlet BatistaContent is king, right? Well, not so fast. Technical SEO is vital, too. Follow these tips to make sure your content can be easily discovered online.
Four Agile Practices for More Efficient Content ProductionAndrea FryrearContent creators have a tough gig. Too often, our colleagues view us as short-order content cooks who can whip up content at a moment's notice. Fortunately, there's a process designed ...
The Three Content Types That Most Influence E-Commerce PurchasesAyaz NanjiConsumers say detailed product descriptions, images, and customer reviews are the three content types that most influence their purchases on e-commerce websites, according to recent research from Clutch.
The Surprising Place Where Text Content Is Thriving: Video in a Mobile-First WorldBecky BrooksTo account for shifts in consumer behavior, marketers have to adapt their video marketing approaches to a mobile-first world in which text and video are forming a symbiotic relationship.
The Actionable Guide to Building an Effective Content Team (And How to Nurture It)Mayowa KoikiThe need for high-quality content cannot be overemphasized, which is why you need a team that knows how to implement your content strategy. Here's how to build and nurture a ...
The Right Words at the Right Time in the Right Place: Three Platforms to Publish Your Content OnLaurie DavisArticles are a fundamental tool in your content marketing toolbox. Here are three places your articles can find a home, each of which serves a different purpose and offers unique ...
30 Pro Reporting and Interviewing Tips for Content MarketersDavid SparkHere are some top tips for interviewing and reporting from journalists themselves—everything from rebooting a failing interview to getting the soundbites you want.
Nine Ways to Invite More Engagement With Your ContentKristian JønssonWe are all after content that converts readers into customers, gets shared, builds backlinks, and ranks high in search results. But you can't get any of these results unless your ...
Web Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Social Media and the Future of Publishing: Amy Maniatis of National Geographic Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNational Geographic has dominated print media for 125 years, and now the organization is staking its claim on social networks and photo-sharing sites. EVP and CMO Amy Maniatis discusses brand management, the power of content, and the importance of emerging ...
Think Like a Producer, Not a Publisher: Andrew Davis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantMarketers need to think and act more like executive producers, those people behind the scenes of movies and TV shows who spend all their time "trying to find the resources to create the right kind of content for the right ...
Getting Content Strategy Right: Michael Brenner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThe "S" word can be intimidating, but failure to articulate a clear strategy (and goals!) for your content marketing will undermine its effectiveness. Here, Michael Brenner discusses how SAP defines—and implements—its content strategy.
Web Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Harness User Experience as Your Secret Marketing Weaponwith Jon-Mikel BaileyIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to identify your customer's current online experience and how you can make it unforgettably delightful. You'll leave with tools and tips to ensure every interaction your customer has is so positive that they can't wait to return.
- Fix Your Funnel: 15 Things to Remove From Your Site Immediatelywith Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why you need to run (not walk) to your content management system and make immediate changes for the good of your lead funnel. You'll discover what you should add or remove from your site—to fix the top, middle, and bottom of your funnel—so you can increase traffic ASAP!
- How to Use Media Relations to Drive SEOwith Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use content and traditional media relations to get on the first page of Google results for your priority keywords. We'll also share how to build brand awareness and increase your domain authority, as well as what to include in your content map to continuously generate new ideas.
- Creating Trustworthy Contentwith Gerry McGovernIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create an online customer experience that's based on trust. You'll walk away knowing how to create trustworthy content and armed with a solid understanding of guidelines for creating no-fluff content that your customers will use and believe in.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts Searchwith Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- How to Build Your Podcast Brandwith Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, we'll walk you through how to get started in podcasting—from understanding its current state to the mechanics and equipment needed to begin. You'll learn how to develop a podcast that both aligns with your brand promise and engages your audience. We'll also share techniques on how to turn your current listeners into brand advocates, and you'll walk away with actionable tips you can start using right away to take your podcast from good to great.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Blogwith Christina IngeIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the secrets of making your blog better than ever. From getting more people to read your posts to proving the ROI of blogging with lead generation techniques, you'll walk away with ideas that will make your blog more than nice-to-have—it'll be a cornerstone of sales growth.
- Going All In: How to Avoid the Perils of a Website Redesignwith Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the perils of a website redesign, and show you how to design a site for improved performance. We'll also share case studies of redesigns that have succeeded and failed, and you'll leave with practical advice on how to assess your existing site. (You'll also find out how Finish Line ultimately saved its online business!)
- Brain Science and Web Marketingwith Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll reveal the secrets of marketing masters and provide you with neuromarketing tactics applicable to the relationship between the brain, behavior, and marketing on the web. We'll share research, case studies, and specific neuromarketing tactics that any brand can use to better connect with their customers—including the use of social proof, psychological anchoring, and how to tap into cognitive biases in your writing.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Build and Maintain a Thriving Content Ecosystemwith Ann Handley, Matthew T. GrantAnn Handley and Matthew T. Grant walk you through creating, implementing, and sustaining a content marketing program by remaining what you already have.
Web Content: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Eight Steps to Making Great Smartphone VideosReleased on 11/18/2016 with Jeremy A. WilliamsIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about essential planning considerations for smartphone videos. From outlining what you're going to shoot to ensuring you have all your accessories, this Take 10 will make sure you're (over) prepared for your next video shoot.
- Take 10: Improve Website Effectiveness With an Optimized Contact PageReleased on 10/7/2016 with Krista MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a contact page that will grow your business. We'll show you how to optimize your page's content and layout to ensure your visitors feel comfortable reaching out to learn more about your business. You'll leave with tips you can put into action right away to increase your contact page's effectiveness.
- Take 10: Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Bounce RatesReleased on 3/18/2016 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to lower your bounce rates. We'll discuss the importance of great copy, common layout and navigation issues, and little-known pitfalls that could cause visitors to leave.
- Take 10: Nine Things to Remove From Your WebsiteReleased on 3/11/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn just 10 minutes, we'll ask the tough questions about your website content including: do you really want people to click that? And does it even work as website content? From press releases and email links, to PDFs and cat videos, we'll show you nine things to remove from your website so you'll want to run (not walk) to your content management system for immediate changes.
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: 10 Tips for Creating Quality Video on Your SmartphoneReleased on 12/18/2015 with Rocky WallsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share simple, straight-to-the-point tips for creating high-quality video using your smartphone. From shooting, to sharing, to editing, you'll leave with actionable tactics you can put to use right away.
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Refresh Your Website (Without Spending a Fortune!)Released on 2/6/2015 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, we'll share five simple tips to improve and refresh your website. You'll be able to makeover your website so that it looks current, loads faster, and increases your search engine optimization ranking—without wasting your time and money.
- Take 10: How to Gain More Search Visibility From Blog PostsReleased on 11/14/2014 with Lorrie Thomas RossIn just 10 minutes, we'll share how you can optimize your blog for search with easy architectural tactics and tools. Plus, you'll learn simple steps that you can add into your blogging routine to give your content more SEO power.
- Take 10: UX for the Non-Techie—How to Better Guide the User Through Your SiteReleased on 10/3/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn some simple UX tricks to improve your website and your clients' journey to ensure that each page contains useful information and a meaningful call to action. Plus, you'll learn how staying agile can quickly enhance the UX and keep your clients' coming back.
Web Content: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Serious Marketer's Guide to Creating a Website That WorksThis 51-page guide is dedicated to exploring what it takes to develop and operate a website that works for your company. Whether you're building a website from scratch or optimizing an existing one, approach the project with the mindset of strategy first, execution second. Your planning process should be purposeful and thorough.
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- Website Metrics: What to Measure and How to ImproveIn this 27-page guide, you'll learn how to focus on the website data that matters most when you're intent on getting the most from your website—specifically, that which concerns website traffic, the visitor journey, visitor engagement, and conversions. It covers the various metrics to track in order to assess your website's performance in these areas and offers actionable tips for improving those results.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns by Tom Treanor
- Nine Cringey Mistakes in Marketing Writing and Content by Anja Skrba
- Why You Need a Modern Email Preference Center and How to Build ... by Jason Lark
- How to Deliver Personalized Content at Scale No Matter Your ... by Randy Frisch
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media ... by Elena Kutsopal