Customer Communications: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Indispensable Welcome Email [Infographic]Laura ForerKnock, knock. Who's there? New subscribers. And it's time to welcome them to your brand. This infographic shares ideas for welcome series and tips for making those first emails impactful.
Six Social Media Behaviors Your Brand Needs to Stop Right Now [Infographic]Laura ForerOh, no, you didn't! Make sure your brand isn't participating in these six social media no-nos.
The Most Important Branding Element You Are Likely IgnoringDavid Meerman ScottBranding is vital in today's crowded marketplace of companies, ideas, and products. And though most of us understand visual branding with images, colors, logos, etc., few understand that sounds and ...
Four Steps to Unlocking the Real Power of Marketing Personalization [Infographic]Laura ForerSavvy marketers use smart personalization to keep customers engaged. This infographic shares stats you need to know and the four major actions you need to take to make personalization truly ...
Three Ways to Bring a Human Touch to B2B MarketingMark RipleyCombining creativity with B2B marketing is an ongoing challenge. How do you build an emotional connection with your customers and inspire deep-seated brand loyalty when you lack the direct tactics ...
Seven Tested Ways Texting Can Help Your Business [Infographic]Laura ForerSMS campaigns can supplement other marketing efforts, and they can also be used for more transactional messaging. Today's infographic describes how SMS can be used for marketing and why small ...
Do Consumers Fill Out Brand Feedback Surveys Thoughtfully?Ayaz NanjiMost consumers say they do not take the time to fill out customer feedback surveys thoughtfully, according to recent research from Customer Thermometer.
Five Ways Brands Are Screwing Up Customer Engagement: How You Can Get It RightBrandon CarterWhat's so hard about engaging people who were already convinced enough about you to have made an initial purchase? These are five big mistakes companies make in their relationships with ...
Why a Global Content Model Makes Sense in Today's Market [Infographic]Laura ForerGoing global can mean a lot more work for marketers as they scramble to translate content into local languages. Today's infographic suggests that a global content operating model can reduce ...
United Untied: A PR 101 Lesson in Crisis CommunicationsMelissa DrozdowskiWe've seen the shocking viral videos. The rage-inducing photos. The fire-and-brimstone calls for a boycotts and firings. How did it all go so wrong? More important: What lessons can we ...
Customer Communications: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Trouble With Half-Truths: 'Spin Sucks' Author Gini Dietrich Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNoted communication professional, speaker, and "Spin Sucks" author Gini Dietrich explains how lying or "spinning" damages brands in the long run, and how to take an ethical approach to PR that drives positive business results.
What's the Future of Business? Author Brian Solis Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneProviding the best product won't be enough to carry your business into the future: You need to create experiences your customers want to share. Author Brian Solis discusses the need for innovative leadership, the new generation of consumerism, and his ...
Customer Communications: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- What's in It for Me? How to Create a Customer-Centric Product MessageBroadcast on 2/9/2017 with Lawson AbinantiIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the two most important factors in developing a compelling message strategy for your product or company—the uniqueness of your offer and whether it solves your target audience's most pressing problem. You'll walk away with an action plan that will connect your message with your customer every time.
- Hug Your HatersBroadcast on 1/12/2017 with Jay BaerIn this PRO seminar, you'll find out why you need to hug your haters and embrace complaints. We'll share specific frameworks for answering them, tips on how to handle trolls, why you need to answer every complaint, in every channel, every time, and more. You'll leave with actionable advice and tactics to keep your customers and grow your business.
- MarketingProfs University: Talk Savvy—Smart Communication for a Social WorldBroadcast on 6/12/2014 with Amber NaslundIn this PRO seminar, you'll get an insider's look at what's changed, find out what truly great online communication looks and feels like, and learn how to ensure you're "talk savvy" in today's constantly shifting social web.
Customer Communications: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Improve Website Effectiveness With an Optimized Contact PageReleased on 10/7/2016 with Krista MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a contact page that will grow your business. We'll show you how to optimize your page's content and layout to ensure your visitors feel comfortable reaching out to learn more about your business. You'll leave with tips you can put into action right away to increase your contact page's effectiveness.
- Take 10: Five Keys to a Better Direct Mail ListReleased on 8/21/2015 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the different types of prospect lists available as well as tips to help you select the right list to reach new customers. You'll also learn how to enhance and segment your existing marketing data to drive better results from your direct mail campaign.
- Take 10: Five Scannable Hot Spots in Your Copy That Boost ResponseReleased on 11/7/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to highlight the key selling points and calls to action by strategically placing them in the five hot spots your readers' eyes gravitate to. You'll walk away with tips on how to develop more persuasive and effective copy that is organized in a way that will encourage response.
- Take 10: Customer Engagement—How to Turn a Negative Into a PositiveReleased on 10/24/2014 with Jeannie WaltersIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to handle customer experience mishaps with finesse. You'll also learn how to create a greater level of brand trust and loyalty despite the customer issue, and ultimately, how to turn an unhappy customer into a loyal one.
- Take 10: Three Ingredients That Turn Engagement Into Measurable Business ResultsReleased on 11/22/2013 with Rachel HappeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to build a successful engagement strategy that will help shape your business and bring in the results you need.
- Take 10: Appealing to the Ego to Get Great ContentReleased on 11/1/2013 with Ian GreenleighIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss four proven ways to create powerful "ego cycles" by accessing the egos of influencers and of your target audience.
- Take 10: Triggered Email Messages that Will Make Your Cash Register RingReleased on 3/29/2013 with Reggie BradyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about three types of triggered messages that you should add to your marketing arsenal.