Personas: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Avoid These Four Marketing Budget-Planning Mistakes This SeasonJ.J. KardwellDespite the annoyance, budget planning is an absolute necessity. Without it, you can't proceed or succeed. When planning for 2018, here's how to avoid and correct the top 4 mistakes ...
10 Questions to Ask When Interviewing Your Next B2B Digital Marketing AgencyAlexander KeslerIf you've never done it, working with a B2B digital marketing agency can feel like a bold exploration of unknown territories. To make sure you don't lose your way, ask ...
Four Ways to Use SIC and NAICS Codes to Boost Marketing EffectivenessMimi MilesThe SIC and NAICS classification systems were developed in an era of relatively little technology, but they provide a useful framework for the hundreds of industry verticals that manufacturing marketers ...
Travel as an Indicator of Demographics and Lifestyle [Infographic]Laura ForerUnderstanding your customers' travel preferences can help you to better understand and reach them.
Five Top Content Leaders Shed Light on the Needs of Modern B2B MarketingBarry FeldmanContent marketing experts Scott Abel, Ardath Albee, Michael Brenner, Ann Handley, and Robert Rose share a heap of insights on content. If you know content marketing, you know that's quite ...
Four Steps for Driving Customer Loyalty With Data SciencePauline BrownTo build loyalty and retain customers, marketing teams can take these four steps that improve customer insights and the overall customer experience—and build lasting customer relationships.
How to Use the Six ABM Processes to Align Sales and Marketing and Drive Real ResultsJon MillerAccount-based marketing is built on six processes that flip the focus from generating leads to courting the companies you want to do business with. An added benefit: total sales and ...
Buyer Personas: How Much Detail Is Too Much?Marcus SchallerAt what point does a buyer persona mutate from a useful marketing tool into a meaningless collection of bullet points, stock headshots, and random guesses? Here's what we really need ...
Marketing's Important Role in Accelerating Sales to Large Buying GroupsChristine SlocumbJust five years ago, in small-to-midmarket companies, 1-2 people were typically involved in the purchase decision. In recent years, that trend has shifted; now, 3+ people must approve purchases, even ...
Seven Segmentation Mistakes That Will Cost Your Business MoneyAnna KayfitzAre you getting the most out of segmentation, or are you leaving money on the table? Here are seven common mistakes to avoid.
Personas: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
What's Old Is New Again... Account-Based Marketing: Nipul Chokshi of Lattice Engines on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNipul Chokshi of predictive analytics company Lattice Engines explains how account-based marketing can be scaled to work for companies with a large volume of target accounts, and offers advice for implementing ABM.
Keys to Creating Effective Buyer Personas: Ardath Albee on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantHas your organization ever created buyer personas? If so, did you ever use them? Many don't—because they don't create truly useful personas in the first place. Ardath Abee lays out key elements of personas you can really use.
Personas: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Discover Your Presentation PersonaBroadcast on 11/10/2016 with Scott SchwertlyIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn about Badge, a first-of-its-kind skills assessment system that will help you discover your natural presenter type—so you can dazzle any audience on any topic any time. We'll also share lessons from past and present speakers who have mastered the art and science of presentations. You'll leave with actionable tips on how to discover and improve your communication style to achieve your greatest success.
- Using Buyer Personas to Make an Impact on Your Marketing ROIBroadcast on 5/15/2014 with Adele RevellaIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover a practical plan to ensure that your buyer personas have a direct, measurable impact on marketing ROI.
- How to Develop Effective Content for Each Stage of the Buying JourneyBroadcast on 3/13/2014 with Shelly KramerThis PRO seminar will provide you with a solid understanding of how to develop the kind of content you need to propel your buyers along a path to purchase. You'll also learn how you can create content to retain these customers for a long time to come.
- MarketingProfs University: Understanding and Engaging Today’s Connected BuyerBroadcast on 6/7/2012 with Tony ZambitoThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Digital Advertising Academy will get you inside the minds of your buyers and cover why understanding them is the first step to successful branding, marketing, and demand generation.
- How to Build Personas that Persuade Buyers and Increase SalesBroadcast on 2/23/2012 with Adele RevellaJoin us February 23rd for a PRO seminar with B2B marketing expert Adelle Revella, and discover a simple step-by-step process for building buyer personas to help you deliver messages that persuade buyers at each stage in the buying process.
- Cure for the Common Website: Using Personas to Boost Site PerformanceBroadcast on 2/10/2011 with Mark O'BrienPersona development is one of the most important and overlooked aspects of website planning. During this 90-minute PRO seminar, learn everything you need to know to create personas and use them to develop a highly effective website.
- Buyer Personas: A Smart Way to Align B2B Sales and MarketingBroadcast on 1/17/2008 with Adele RevellaSmart companies are using buyer personas to prepare for success at every step in the sales process. When sales and marketing can anticipate their buyers' questions, concerns and objections, they can confidently develop training and tools that establish the perfect answer to their buyers' needs.
- Personas 2: Using Mental Images of Customers for Better Product Planning, Branding and MessagingBroadcast on 3/8/2007 with Tamara AdlinThis seminar will introduce the basic phases of the Persona Lifecycle, which will help you understand the specific steps and level of effort required for success. We'll also discuss a few short-cuts you can use to create ad-hoc personas.
- Personas 1: Breakthrough Customer Insight for Product, Website Design and MoreBroadcast on 3/7/2007 with Tamara AdlinPresenter Tamara Adlin will provide a variety of examples, illustrating the different benefits of implementing a personas program. She shows which marketing objectives personas support, and will help you identify whether a personas program would be a good fit for you.
- Boosting E-Commerce Conversion Rates with Persuasion ScenariosBroadcast on 11/9/2006 with Bryan EisenbergBy modeling customer behavior with Persuasion Scenarios, you can fix holes in your sales process by understanding your customers’ buying process.
Personas: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Simple Steps to Identify Your Buyer PersonasReleased on 3/28/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll take a look at some fun and effective ways to gain a deeper understanding of your audience (a.k.a. your "buyer personas"), and together, we will learn how to develop yours!