Marketing Planning: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Four Ways to Use SIC and NAICS Codes to Boost Marketing EffectivenessMimi MilesThe SIC and NAICS classification systems were developed in an era of relatively little technology, but they provide a useful framework for the hundreds of industry verticals that manufacturing marketers ...
Eight Key Elements Your Annual Marketing Plan Must Have to Succeed in 2017Lauren DavenportThe annual marketing plan you created last quarter already feels out of date. How on earth are you supposed to plan for an entire year when marketing technology and platforms ...
Five Questions to Answer When Creating a Video CampaignChris BondhusHere are five ways to get smart about planning, implementing, and measuring video to ensure your video marketing campaign engages your audiences and achieves your objectives.
The Cost of Running a Marketing Automation Team [Infographic]Laura ForerThe cost of implementing a marketing automation solution in your organization goes beyond the technology. See how much the people on a marketing automation team cost as well.
Just-in-Time Marketing: Reach the Right Customer at the Right TimeMark Hosbein, Rob DavisJust-in-time marketing reduces marketing waste and drives revenue growth. Investing in the right capabilities, models, and technologies can transform marketing operations and achieve a competitive edge.
The Most Effective Digital Channels to Include in 2017 Marketing PlansAyaz NanjiMarketers expect brand websites to be the most effective digital channel in 2017, according to recent research from Ascend2.
How to Use Scenarios to Achieve Marketing AgilityLaura PattersonScenario analysis is an essential part of creating agility. Scenarios help you anticipate. They help you ask better questions and prepare for the unexpected. They increase your readiness, which is ...
Brands' Top Inbound Marketing PrioritiesAyaz NanjiMarketers say their top inbound marketing priority this year is growing organic/SEO traffic, according to recent research from HubSpot.
Don't Panic! What to Do Instead When Your Marketing Campaign Doesn't Go as PlannedDavid GroverIt doesn't matter how much time you spend on crafting your marketing campaign: You have no guarantee it will pay off. Sometimes marketing just doesn't work the way you want ...
Eight Ways Planning Will Make You a Better Content MarketerMeg HoganYeah, you could totally wing it blog post by blog post, tweet by tweet. But if you truly want to build brand awareness and create meaningful relationships with your readers, ...
Marketing Planning: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Create a High-Performance Marketing PlanBroadcast on 3/28/2017 with Rachel RosinJoin us for this free seminar to get a six-step blueprint for creating a high-performance plan that will wow your management team, guide your content creation, and set you up to show measurable growth at year's end. Sponsored by Act-On
- Digital Trends for 2017: What You Need to Know NowBroadcast on 8/11/2016 with Mike CorakIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the top digital trends that will deliver today and into the future. We'll walk through the best of what's ahead while gaining insight and tips for real-world application in digital communications, roadmap creation, and most importantly, performance optimization. We'll expose false predictions and shine a light on the trends you shouldn't ignore. You'll leave with the knowledge and actionable information you need to succeed in digital marketing in 2017.
- Apply an Agile Approach to Your MarketingBroadcast on 5/12/2016 with Jim EwelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to address two of the most critical tasks in agile marketing. Agile marketing expert Jim Ewel will discuss how to get you into the mind of the customer and understand what they are trying to accomplish—and why.
- How to Host a Marketing Growth HackathonBroadcast on 2/25/2016 with Paul RoetzerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how marketing hackathons bring together marketers, executives, and entrepreneurs to brainstorm and solve business growth challenges in an interactive, single-day event. We'll give you six steps to not only conduct your own marketing hackathon, but also to help you quickly identify campaigns with the greatest probability of impacting business results.
- The Recipe for an Integrated Approach to Event MarketingBroadcast on 11/12/2015 with Allison SagetIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the recipe for event success: brand recognition, lead generation, and thought leadership. You'll be able to use this framework to help your company get the most out of events and achieve your business objectives.
- How to Build a Successful Content Marketing PlanBroadcast on 4/23/2015 with Michael BrennerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the key factors for content marketing success and the core components of a content marketing strategy. You'll leave with some advanced tactics you can implement immediately to help you stand out and achieve success from your content marketing.
- How to Use Metrics to Achieve Greater Results From Your Next ExhibitBroadcast on 10/16/2014 with Joe FederbushIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how exhibitors, regardless of size or budget, can develop and execute an effective and strategic event marketing measurement strategy. You'll learn how to use the right tools to justify your event's budget, and take away tried-and-true tips such as how to calculate the optimal booth size and number of personnel needed to achieve maximum results.
Marketing Planning: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Name Your BrandReleased on 9/4/2015 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss how to choose a brand name that resonates with your customers. We'll walk you through the four types of names and the elements that make them sticky, as well as teach you how to evaluate your company and product names against the competition.
- Take 10: Five Keys to a Better Direct Mail ListReleased on 8/21/2015 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the different types of prospect lists available as well as tips to help you select the right list to reach new customers. You'll also learn how to enhance and segment your existing marketing data to drive better results from your direct mail campaign.
- Take 10: Hire, Outsource, or DIY—How to Assess Your Marketing NeedsReleased on 1/30/2015 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to determine which projects you can DIY, and which projects you should outsource or hire a contractor to handle. We'll discuss the pros and cons of outsourcing, how to decide when to use it versus using in-house personnel, and how to communicate your needs clearly for the best results.
Marketing Planning: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Four Requisites for Agile Marketing SuccessIn this 36-page guide, we'll run through four requisites for agile marketing success—the right attitude, the voice of the customer, "flow-jo" (flow mojo), and teamwork—along with a myriad of tips for putting it all into motion.