Marketing Planning: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Five Pillars of a Solid Digital Marketing Strategy That EnduresPeter PetraliaWhy in this digital world would you operate your digital marketing communications without a solid strategy and plan? Set your foundation on the right footing now, and you'll save time ...
How to Improve Your Content Marketing by Embracing FailureTyler HakesSometimes, your content crashes and burns. That might mean no one reads your article, it doesn't get shared, or you get bombarded with nasty comments. But, all that's OK. In ...
How to Build a Micro-Influencer Marketing Program in the Months Before Black FridayLyle StevensBlack Friday might seem like it's a long time away, but some of the most worthwhile holiday marketing activities require months of planning. If you want to build out a ...
11 Questions to Ask Before You Create a Marketing Video [Infographic]Laura ForerLights, camera, action! But before you get to that point, check out these 11 questions to ask yourself about creating a marketing video for your brand.
How to Use Google AdWords: 11 Steps to Success [Infographic]Laura ForerDoes your Google AdWords strategy seem to be stagnating? Check out this infographic for 11 key steps to make sure you're using AdWords to its fullest potential.
Big Data: From Buzzword to Business Benefits [Infographic]Laura Forer"Big Data" is more than just a buzzword—implementing it correctly can be a boon to your business and bottom line. Learn more about how to use Big Data in your ...
Four Ways to Use SIC and NAICS Codes to Boost Marketing EffectivenessMimi MilesThe SIC and NAICS classification systems were developed in an era of relatively little technology, but they provide a useful framework for the hundreds of industry verticals that manufacturing marketers ...
Eight Key Elements Your Annual Marketing Plan Must Have to Succeed in 2017Lauren DavenportThe annual marketing plan you created last quarter already feels out of date. How on earth are you supposed to plan for an entire year when marketing technology and platforms ...
Five Questions to Answer When Creating a Video CampaignChris BondhusHere are five ways to get smart about planning, implementing, and measuring video to ensure your video marketing campaign engages your audiences and achieves your objectives.
The Cost of Running a Marketing Automation Team [Infographic]Laura ForerThe cost of implementing a marketing automation solution in your organization goes beyond the technology. See how much the people on a marketing automation team cost as well.
Marketing Planning: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Digital Trends for 2017: What You Need to Know NowBroadcast on 8/11/2016 with Mike CorakIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the top digital trends that will deliver today and into the future. We'll walk through the best of what's ahead while gaining insight and tips for real-world application in digital communications, roadmap creation, and most importantly, performance optimization. We'll expose false predictions and shine a light on the trends you shouldn't ignore. You'll leave with the knowledge and actionable information you need to succeed in digital marketing in 2017.
- Apply an Agile Approach to Your MarketingBroadcast on 5/12/2016 with Jim EwelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to address two of the most critical tasks in agile marketing. Agile marketing expert Jim Ewel will discuss how to get you into the mind of the customer and understand what they are trying to accomplish—and why.
- How to Host a Marketing Growth HackathonBroadcast on 2/25/2016 with Paul RoetzerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how marketing hackathons bring together marketers, executives, and entrepreneurs to brainstorm and solve business growth challenges in an interactive, single-day event. We'll give you six steps to not only conduct your own marketing hackathon, but also to help you quickly identify campaigns with the greatest probability of impacting business results.
- The Recipe for an Integrated Approach to Event MarketingBroadcast on 11/12/2015 with Allison SagetIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the recipe for event success: brand recognition, lead generation, and thought leadership. You'll be able to use this framework to help your company get the most out of events and achieve your business objectives.
- How to Build a Successful Content Marketing PlanBroadcast on 4/23/2015 with Michael BrennerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the key factors for content marketing success and the core components of a content marketing strategy. You'll leave with some advanced tactics you can implement immediately to help you stand out and achieve success from your content marketing.
- How to Use Metrics to Achieve Greater Results From Your Next ExhibitBroadcast on 10/16/2014 with Joe FederbushIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how exhibitors, regardless of size or budget, can develop and execute an effective and strategic event marketing measurement strategy. You'll learn how to use the right tools to justify your event's budget, and take away tried-and-true tips such as how to calculate the optimal booth size and number of personnel needed to achieve maximum results.
Marketing Planning: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Name Your BrandReleased on 9/4/2015 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss how to choose a brand name that resonates with your customers. We'll walk you through the four types of names and the elements that make them sticky, as well as teach you how to evaluate your company and product names against the competition.
- Take 10: Five Keys to a Better Direct Mail ListReleased on 8/21/2015 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the different types of prospect lists available as well as tips to help you select the right list to reach new customers. You'll also learn how to enhance and segment your existing marketing data to drive better results from your direct mail campaign.
- Take 10: Hire, Outsource, or DIY—How to Assess Your Marketing NeedsReleased on 1/30/2015 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to determine which projects you can DIY, and which projects you should outsource or hire a contractor to handle. We'll discuss the pros and cons of outsourcing, how to decide when to use it versus using in-house personnel, and how to communicate your needs clearly for the best results.
Marketing Planning: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Four Requisites for Agile Marketing SuccessIn this 36-page guide, we'll run through four requisites for agile marketing success—the right attitude, the voice of the customer, "flow-jo" (flow mojo), and teamwork—along with a myriad of tips for putting it all into motion.