Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Use Product-Market Fit to Drive Business GrowthLaura PattersonThe term "product-market fit" may not be familiar to some marketers, but it's fundamental to business growth. Here are five areas marketers should focus on to make sure their brand ...
How to Ensure ABM Success via Organizational StructureDebbie QaqishMany marketing organizations lack the organizational structure to energize and optimize an ABM strategy and program. In some ways, Marketing's traditional org chart may actually hinder ABM success.
Four Steps to a Compelling Brand Story That Wins Over CustomersCourtney AppsWhen a brand story is crafted correctly, consumers will be proud to associate with and represent your brand, and they will market it of their own volition via word-of-mouth.
How to Supercharge Sales: Four Storytelling Plots to Eliminate Buyer Skepticism and MistrustHarry MillsBefore salespeople can convince a prospect to buy, they have to convince that buyer of the need for change. Facts and figures that are devoid of emotion often fail to ...
How to Create a Thriving Ecosystem of Customers, Partners, Advocates, and InfluencersJane HiscockA unilateral or bilateral business model, whereby vendors sell to customers or via business partners, is old-school. Today, forming an ecosystem is the way to increase shareholder value, foster customer ...
How to Get Marketing Help When You Need ItElaine FogelDoes your small business have marketing and branding needs but not enough money to hire an agency or a consultant? Don't fret, you have many options to ensure you get ...
Win/Loss Analysis: Strategize Your Results [Infographic]Verónica JarskiCompanies that study their past deals have a 3-7 times higher win rate than companies that don't. Here's how looking at past sales can help you win future deals.
How to Apply the 'Golden Circle' to Your Marketing and Performance MeasurementLaura PattersonMarketers are likely in the thick of marketing planning, so now is a good time to revisit how to apply both the Golden Circle and the best-practices of alignment and ...
The Three Keys to Mastering Marketing in Today's Noisy MarketplaceLinda PopkyToday's marketing environment is noisy and crowded. We have so many new techniques to promote our products and services that the chaos and clutter are getting worse. How do you ...
Six Steps for Turning Competitors Into AlliesJohn ToskeyRather than competing head-to-head, consider the players in your field and how you could combine efforts to help both you and the other company—and, ultimately, your own customers.
Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Startup Marketing and the Power of CX: Figurr Founder David Cooperstein on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneStartup marketing expert David Cooperstein, founder of the agency Figurr, shares insight into how marketing for startups differs from enterprise marketing, the advantages of each, and the importance of customer experience to any marketing organization.
How to Incite Action With Marketing: Use 'The Red Thread.' Tamsen Webster on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMessage strategist Tamsen Webster explains "The Red Thread"—a framework for structuring communications that will move your audience to action.
Never Stop Learning: Mark Organ on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneThe founder and CEO of advocate marketing software company Influitive explains how he co-founded marketing automation giant Eloqua, why training and development are a "mission-level priority" at his company, and how he hires exceptional employees.
Entrepreneurship for Freaks: Chris Brogan Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Brogan discusses his new business book, The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth, as well as what distinguishes "freaks" from more traditional entrepreneurs and how to maintain a supportive community when the trolls come calling.
Whiteboard Selling: Author Corey Sommers Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCorey Sommers, SVP of whiteboard strategy at Corporate Visions, is also co-founder of WhiteboardSelling, where he was CMO. In this episode of Marketing Smarts, he discusses the book he co-wrote with David Jenkins, Whiteboard Selling: Empowering Sales Through Visuals.
Create Contagious Content: Author Jonah Berger Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJonah Berger, author of the bestselling book Contagious, discusses how companies can use word-of-mouth and social transmission to amplify their brand message.
Trolls, Jerks, and 'Civility in the Digital Age': Author Andrea Weckerle Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneOnline conflicts can cost businesses thousands of dollars (and hours) to resolve. Attorney Andrea Weckerle, author of Civility in the Digital Age, explains how you can protect yourself when a situation turns ugly.
To Grow You Must Change: John Jantsch on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantJohn Jantsch believes that if businesses are to grow, they need to be ready, willing, and able to change. To navigate and instigate such change, business leaders need a clarity of purpose and they need to set big, audacious goals.
Getting Content Strategy Right: Michael Brenner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThe "S" word can be intimidating, but failure to articulate a clear strategy (and goals!) for your content marketing will undermine its effectiveness. Here, Michael Brenner discusses how SAP defines—and implements—its content strategy.
Content Should Make Things Happen: Joe Pulizzi on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantJoe Pulizzi is THE content marketing guy. And he has quite a bit to say about content marketing in general, but I was most curious to find out how he has used content marketing to grow his business at the ...
Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- From Awareness to Advocate: How to Build an Email Nurturing Campaign That Converts and Keeps Them Coming Backwith MaryAnn PfeifferIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to develop an effective nurturing campaign strategy that will move your prospects from lead to (loyal) customer, helping you build an ongoing relationship to foster brand advocates. You'll also see some real-world examples of how these campaigns are used for B2B and B2C organizations to help you create a library of tactical ideas.
- In this online seminar, you'll discover how to harness the power of analytics. From establishing clear business goals to improving the key performance indicators (KPIs) that matter most, you'll learn the specific steps needed to create an actionable analytics strategy that will provide campaign insights and performance metrics, and deliver the crucial benchmarks for success.
- How to Adapt: Creating a Content Strategy for Mobilewith Christina IngeIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create device-agnostic content that reaches your target audience and achieves your communication objectives. You'll come away with strategies to tell even the most complex B2B sales story, or engage the most niche B2C consumers, with awesome content—on any platform!
- MarketingProfs University: How to Plan and Build a Can't-Fail Content Marketing Strategywith Michael BrennerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share key factors for content marketing success and how to deliver useful information to your customers without breaking the bank. You'll walk away with advanced tools, tactics, and templates that you can implement immediately to help you reach, engage, and convert new customers for your business, and stand out from the competition.
- Digital Trends for 2017: What You Need to Know Nowwith Mike CorakIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the top digital trends that will deliver today and into the future. We'll walk through the best of what's ahead while gaining insight and tips for real-world application in digital communications, roadmap creation, and most importantly, performance optimization. We'll expose false predictions and shine a light on the trends you shouldn't ignore. You'll leave with the knowledge and actionable information you need to succeed in digital marketing in 2017.
- Algorhythm—The Pulse and Future of Brandswith Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, Mitch Joel will explain why B2B marketers need to be aware of the new consumer-centric landscape. You'll learn how to successfully market B2B products by tapping into your own buying habits. Mitch will show how the world continues to change and challenge brands like never before.
- Running the Gauntlet: Essential Business Lessons to Lead, Drive Change, and Grow Profitswith Jeffrey HayzlettThis PRO seminar, taught by Jeffrey Hayzlett, will reveal how to run and drive change through marketing and business, from getting ready to creating and sustaining momentum.
- Brand Yourself: Busting the Nine-Second Barrierwith KiKi L'ItalienThis PRO seminar will teach you how to establish a cohesive personal brand, have better personal relationships, and live the life you were meant to live.
- MarketingProfs University: Presentation Elevation—How to Educate, Inspire, and Engagewith Michael WeissThis PRO seminar and kick-off class of MarketingProfs University's Presentations Unleashed will teach you how to make a powerful impression on your audience and leave them energized and inspired by your ideas.
- How to Become a Trusted Brand and Industry Leaderwith John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to position your brand as a go-to authority in your industry. We'll discuss how to increase your visibility and explore the critical difference between marketing and branding (and how an understanding of that difference can help you).
Strategy: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Four Essentials for Successful Event PlanningReleased on 8/5/2016 with Matt HeinzIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the four elements you need in your event planning to guarantee success. We'll cover best practices for how to organize, focus, and execute from pre-planning to post event follow-up. You'll leave with tools you can apply to any event to achieve your objectives and goals.
- Take 10: How to Build a Scrappy Brand BlueprintReleased on 7/22/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to build a five-part blueprint you can use to grow your brand's presence on any budget. You'll leave with actionable steps to create a clear and consistent brand experience across all channels.
- Take 10: Your Guide to Quick and Easy Social Media ImagesReleased on 11/6/2015 with Cynthia SanchezIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how easy and inexpensive it can be to make images that will help your social media stand out and get the right kind of attention. We'll shed light onto the tools available to you and share tips to help you get started right away.
- Take 10: Demonstrate Marketing Success by Setting Clear ObjectivesReleased on 6/14/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines you'll want to follow in order to set clear objectives. If you follow these tips, you'll be able to clearly demonstrate marketing success in a language that your senior management team understands.
- Take 10: Five Tips to Help You Get OrganizedReleased on 9/7/2012 with Jill DuffyGet back on track with five organizational tips you can put into place right away to help increase your productivity (and that means more success, more revenue!)
- Take 10: Four Steps to Creating a Useful Engagement MetricReleased on 8/3/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to best engage with your customers, why engagement is important, and how to put it to good use!
- Take 10: Five Key Ways to Optimize Your QR Code PerformanceReleased on 7/20/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five keys to great QR code execution, including how to use QR codes to help build a stronger brand, how to entice users to scan your code, and how to measure the success of your campaign.
- Take 10: A Recipe for Success—7 Content Marketing Tips from The Best Chefs in the BizReleased on 5/11/2012 with Verónica Maria JarskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven easily digestible and tactical tips taken from some of the top chefs in the biz. Paired with your handy Take 10 checklist, these tips will allow you to tackle your content marketing challenges with no reservations.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns by Tom Treanor
- Nine Cringey Mistakes in Marketing Writing and Content by Anja Skrba
- Why You Need a Modern Email Preference Center and How to Build ... by Jason Lark
- How to Deliver Personalized Content at Scale No Matter Your ... by Randy Frisch
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media ... by Elena Kutsopal