Engagement: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five Steps to Using Employee Advocacy to Drive Brand EngagementPushpa IthalEmployees can be a brand's most influential advocates. Put that often-untapped resource to use by empowering employees to be your brand's best ambassadors.
How to Promote Loyalty Rewards Programs [Infographic]Laura ForerCreating a loyalty program is just a first step to customer engagement—you also must promote and maintain the program to keep customers excited and engaged. Here are some simple ideas ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook vs. 'Engagement Bait'; Amazon vs. YouTube: 11 Stories This WeekChristian NeriFacebook's war on engagement bait; Amazon just trademarked AmazonTube; Snapchat is teens' favorite; Twitter makes business direct messaging more personal; make your own Snapchat Lenses; 2018 marketing predictions from LinkedIn; ...
#SocialSkim: WhatsApp Business Features; Facebook's New Organic Reach: 11 Stories This WeekChristian NeriWhatsApp unveils business account features, hints at app for brands; Facebook redefines how it calculates organic reach; Instagram just reinvented the hashtag; with "threads," Twitter makes tweetstorms official; Pinterest's self-serve ...
Email for Retail: Three Opportunities Despite the Retail 'Apocalypse'Paul MandevilleAs we near the end of 2017, retail faces significant profitability issues. In turn, marketers are facing pressure to capture and retain customer attention, and they're resorting to flashy new ...
Nine Ways to Invite More Engagement With Your ContentKristian JønssonWe are all after content that converts readers into customers, gets shared, builds backlinks, and ranks high in search results. But you can't get any of these results unless your ...
Five Ways Your Own Employees Can Boost Your Marketing ContentMonica NortonEven the greatest content needs an early boost to gain traction in social media. Paid promotion and influencer marketing can help, but they can be costly. Fortunately, virtually every organization ...
The Engagement Gap: How B2B and B2C Firms Are Missing the MarkAyaz NanjiMost marketers say they have a deep understanding of how to engage consumers, but many consumers do not agree, according to recent research from Marketo.
In Pursuit of the Perfect Headline: What's the Secret to Making Your Audience Click?Steve RaysonWhat is the secret to an engaging headline? Everyone has an opinion... but what does the data say? After analyzing 100 million headlines, we found that the essence of an ...
How Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Are Changing Things for MarketersGavin FinnMarketers have lately been talking much more about how augmented reality and virtual reality will change marketing. It's time to take a step back and put a practical spin on ...
Engagement: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Employee Engagement and 'Intelligent Inbound': SmartBug Media Founder Ryan Malone on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneRyan Malone, founder and CEO of digital agency SmartBug Media, discusses "intelligent inbound marketing," enhancing employee engagement, and cultivating balance within a marketing organization.
A Casting Call for Empathic Marketers: Actor and Best-Selling Author Alan Alda on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAward-winning actor and best-selling author Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) shares insight into how actively cultivating empathy can improve communication in sales, medicine, science, and practically every other industry. He discusses improv and other approaches for relating to others, and shares many ...
Big Heart, Small Budget: Social Media for Nonprofits and Small Businesses: M. Valentina Escobar-Gonzalez on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSocial media expert and networking powerhouse M. Valentina Escobar-Gonzalez lays out her strategy for helping nonprofits and small businesses achieve social media success.
Audiences Are Assets: Author Jeffrey K. Rohrs Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneUsing paid advertising to borrow someone else's audience isn't sustainable. Jeffrey K. Rohrs explains how to build a "push-button audience" that will serve as a renewable energy source for your company.
Engagement: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Email Marketing Master Course: How to Use Email to Build Customer RelationshipsBroadcast on 12/7/2017 with Adam Q. Holden-BacheIn this online seminar, you'll learn about all aspects of an email lead nurturing program, from initial awareness to post-purchase follow-up. You'll get insight, tactics, tips, and takeaways that you can implement to improve the email relationship-building campaigns for your business.
- Hello, It's Me... The Adele Guide to Doing EmailBroadcast on 4/20/2017 with Michael BarberIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn which email engagement tactics and best practices will ensure your emails stand out, get opened, and generate the ROI you seek. You'll leave with resources upon resources to help you develop awesome emails that Adele would open and approve!
- How to Demystify Influencer Marketing With ContentBroadcast on 11/3/2016 with Lee OddenIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how influencer content programs tap industry voices that buyers trust, and align with brands to deliver on both thought leadership and customer acquisition goals. While there are many opinions and approaches to influencer marketing, we'll cover the three proven approaches B2B marketers can take to satisfy buyers across the sales experience.
- Inspiring Action: The Future of Influencer MarketingBroadcast on 9/29/2016 with Heidi SullivanIn this PRO seminar, we'll share what the experts see as challenges, best practices, and success stories in the fast-growing world of influencer and advocate marketing. You'll learn how B2C and B2B companies are working with online influencers and customer advocates to grow their reach, engagement, and conversions.
- Hooked: How to Create Addictive Content for Your BrandBroadcast on 4/16/2015 with Andrew DavisIn this PRO seminar, Andrew Davis will discuss six simple secrets to create a hook—a twist on a familiar theme designed to catch and keep your audience's attention. He'll share personal lessons learned that you can apply to your content strategy and teach you the A-to-Zs to building your list, driving new revenue, and solidifying a true relationship with an ever-growing fanbase.
- Relevance is the Key to a Competitive Content StrategyBroadcast on 9/25/2014 with Ardath AlbeeIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain what it takes to achieve the level of relevance needed in this real-time environment to turn prospects into buyers. We'll discuss why relevance requires marketers to look beyond the one-off campaign approach to a more continuum approach that builds a story. You'll leave with several key skills that will help you improve the effectiveness of your content marketing efforts.
- Supercharge Your Brand: How Companywide Empowerment Drives Social Media AdvocacyBroadcast on 9/12/2013 with Susan Emerick, Chris BoudreauxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how empowering your employees, customers and partners to use social media to drive engagement, create meaningful customer relationships and engage in real-time conversations can help increase your brand awareness and revenues, while decreasing your marketing, sales and customer service costs.
Engagement: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: A Step-by-Step Guide to Launching an Employee Advocacy ProgramReleased on 9/23/2016 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, we'll go through the seven steps you need to launch an engaging and highly successful employee advocacy program. You'll learn how to define success, create a content strategy, and get the right people involved from the start so your program can grow.
- Take 10: Seven Steps to a Successful Re-Engagement CampaignReleased on 9/9/2016 with Meera KothandIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you why a subscriber re-engagement campaign is an important part of your email marketing strategy. We'll share a seven-step process detailing how to set up and launch your re-engagement campaign from scratch. You'll leave with a thorough understanding of the different types of winback emails, the order in which to send them, and what to do with inactive subscribers.
- Take 10: How to Make Your Graphs and Charts Effective Communication ToolsReleased on 4/3/2015 with Richard GoringIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to achieve more with your graphs and charts. You'll learn how to create and use visuals in PowerPoint more effectively, which graphs you should use to illustrate your data, as well as how to avoid common mistakes.
Engagement: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Engage Customers and Generate Leads With Interactive ContentThis 27-page guide will answer all your questions about interactive content. It'll show you that it's about more than just games. It may even inspire you to "interactivate" your own content and engage your readers.