Word-of-Mouth: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The New Branding: Five Tips for Creating Shareable Brand ExperiencesPeter BeckToday, branding is not about slapping logos on various media. To grow, your brand needs to be providing consumers with disruptive—that is, memorable and sharable—experiences.
How to Launch Your First Employee Advocacy Program, and Why You ShouldIsmael El-QudsiWant to increase your social presence while also boosting employee engagement? Here are 10 steps to launching a successful employee advocacy program.
Four Niche-Industry Social Media Marketing Campaigns Done RightBrandon LewisLooking for some social media marketing inspiration? Go beyond standard posts with these four unique and effective campaigns.
Your Three-Step Road Map to Creating Viral Content [Infographic]Laura ForerWhen marketing content goes viral, it can seem like your lucky day. But it's likely much more due to planning and execution than luck. Today's infographic shows you what goes ...
Three Steps to Providing Stellar Customer Experiences In-Store [Infographic]Laura ForerAs we approach the holiday season and shoppers head into malls and stores, keeping up customer service becomes extra important. Here's how you can make sure your store provides service ...
The Power of Employee Social Media Advocacy [Infographic]Laura ForerToday's infographic explains how companies can work with some of their biggest advocates and influencers—their own employees—to help Marketing reach new audiences through employee social media advocacy.
The Power of Micro-Influencers: How to Find the Right Social Media Influencers for Your CampaignsIsmael El-QudsiAs influencer marketing grows, audience size is taking a back seat and engagement is becoming the No. 1 indicator of success—i.e., relevancy and leads. And that's where social media micro-influencers ...
Three Common Social Media Influencer Mistakes to Avoid (And How to Avoid Them)Lilach BullockSocial media influencer marketing is still a relatively new practice, which means making mistakes is unavoidable. Here's how you can avoid three of the most common influencer marketing mistakes.
How to Harness the 'Testimonial Economy' in Your Marketing StrategyMark BabbittWe now live in the Testimonial Economy, where what we say about ourselves doesn't matter, what others say about us is what sways opinion, and bad reviews can override even ...
Four Steps to a Compelling Brand Story That Wins Over CustomersCourtney AppsWhen a brand story is crafted correctly, consumers will be proud to associate with and represent your brand, and they will market it of their own volition via word-of-mouth.
Word-of-Mouth: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Triumph Over Trolls and Misinformation: Janice Person of Monsanto on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJanice Person, online engagement director at Monsanto, shares how blogger outreach and community engagement help the B2B company to overcome negative brand sentiment, misinformation, and outright trolling.
Insights From Ford Motor Company on Influencer Marketing, Content & More: J T. Ramsay on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFord Motor Company's digital media manager, J T. Ramsay, discusses Ford's influencer outreach, brand ambassador program, content marketing, and more.
When Your Reputation Is on the Line (and Online): 'Manipurated' Author Daniel Lemin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDigital marketing strategist and bestselling author Daniel Lemin explains how online reviews can damage—or improve—your business, and how you can protect your company's reputation.
Innovation in Marketing: Ford's Angie Kozleski Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFord Motor Company's global marketing and digital communications manager, Angie Kozleski, discusses Ford's approach to influence marketing, blogger outreach, event marketing, and social media.
Turn Customers Into Zombie Loyalists: Peter Shankman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor and entrepreneur Peter Shankman discusses his book, Zombie Loyalists, and the surprisingly simple approach that turns customers into loyal, passionate brand advocates.
Power Up Through Experiential Marketing: Shell's Chris Hayek Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Hayek, director of global brand management for Shell Lubricants, explains his approach to integrated marketing, communicating innovation, and creating experiences that bring the brand to life for consumers.
Building Your Brand's Community: Dan Sullivan of Crowdly Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCrowdly founder Dan Sullivan shares insights about community management, brand advocacy, influencer outreach, and the psychology of trolls.
Marketing Smarts Special: Industry Stars Reveal Their No. 1 Strategy for Success [Podcast]by Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea Gorgone16 Marketing Smarts guests from 2013 tell you which marketing tactic they would choose, if they could use only one.
Entrepreneurial Spirit: The Founders of Barefoot Wine Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Houlihan and Bonnie Harvey started Barefoot Wine in a laundry room and grew it into one of the top US wine brands. They talk about how their approach to selling wine disrupted the industry, and what others can learn ...
Create Contagious Content: Author Jonah Berger Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJonah Berger, author of the bestselling book Contagious, discusses how companies can use word-of-mouth and social transmission to amplify their brand message.
Word-of-Mouth: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Transform Your Business to Be the Most Highly Recommended Brand in Your CategoryBroadcast on 3/27/2014 with Paul RandIn this PRO seminar, one of the pioneers of word-of-mouth marketing will share best practices and real-world examples showing how you can become the most highly recommended brand, and gain a competitive edge.
- Turning Social Referrals into Measurable Business ResultsBroadcast on 3/22/2012 with Nicole GoodyearIn this seminar, you'll review B2B social referral case studies to discover how they can bring measurable results to your business including higher conversion rates and increased average order and lifetime value. You'll walk away with practical knowledge on how to create and measure social referral programs that drive more qualified leads, increase sales, and produce rich social content for your brand.
- The NOW Revolution: Make Your Business Faster, Smarter & More SocialBroadcast on 3/24/2011 with Jay Baer, Amber NaslundIn this session, social strategists and authors, Jay Baer and Amber Naslund, will explain the key changes companies are making to succeed—and thrive—in a world where five minutes feels like an eternity.
- Managing Your Reputation in a Social WorldBroadcast on 3/10/2011 with Christine B. WhittemoreThis seminar will highlight best practices and strategies for managing your reputation in a social world. You'll learn guidelines on how to make the most out of conversations with customers.
- Kick Off the New Year With Seth Godin: 57 Ways to Connect With Customers and Get Them to Spread Your Ideas for YouBroadcast on 1/13/2011 with Seth GodinIn 90-minutes with business luminary Seth Godin, learn how can you up customer engagement, be seen as a thought-leader and broaden the reach of your brand. These are real ideas you can use from a master of marketing. Don't miss this fun, fast-paced seminar packed with ideas you'll want to implement immediately.
- Is Your Company Beloved? How to Drive Extreme Customer LoyaltyBroadcast on 10/7/2010 with Jeanne BlissSeminar attendees will walk away with the tools needed to turn their company into one that customers love and can't live without. You'll hear anecdotes and most importantly, suggested actions to help your company develop true customer advocacy.
- Social Media Slowpokes: It’s Not too Late to Connect with Your Customers OnlineBroadcast on 6/24/2010 with Paul ChaneyHaven't had the time, resources, or guts to get into social media? Your customers aren't waiting around for you to show up. Learn some simple steps you can take to start connecting with them.
- Brand Detractors and Brand Evangelists: How to Connect with Influential Citizen MarketersBroadcast on 1/28/2010 with Jackie HubaHeard of sneezers? These are the folks talking about your brand that you want to reach. Here's how.
- Love or Marketing? How Word-of-Mouth Will Save Your BrandBroadcast on 11/6/2009 with Andy SernovitzDon't rely on luck and a prayer to spread word about your brand. Have a plan.
- The Anatomy of Buzz: Real Life Marketing Lessons, with Emanuel RosenBroadcast on 11/5/2009 with Emanuel RosenThe Web may have accelerated buzz, but you still have to give them something to talk about.
Word-of-Mouth: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Steps to Start Your Own Word-of-Mouth Marketing CampaignReleased on 12/16/2016 with Mack CollierIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three necessary steps to get your word-of-mouth marketing campaign off the ground before you put it into action. You'll leave understanding the differences between fans and influencers, and the benefits of each, so you can identify which one will help you best achieve your campaign objectives.
- Take 10: How to Put Your Word-of-Mouth Marketing Campaign Into ActionReleased on 12/16/2016 with Mack CollierIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the key questions you need to answer, how to measure your results, and the ethical issues behind WOMM. You'll leave with the tools to ensure your word-of-mouth marketing campaign hits it out of the park every time.
- Take 10: What's in it for Them? Crafting a Compelling Value PropositionReleased on 10/18/2013 with Corey EastmanIn just 10 minutes you'll learn how to identify who your ideal customer really is, and what your unique value proposition should be in order to achieve product-market fit.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Become a Go-To Resource for CustomersReleased on 2/24/2012 with Brian SolisIn just 10 minutes, Brian tells you exactly what you need to do to become relevant and a go-to resource for your customer.
- Take 10: How to Boost Event Attendance with Social Media MarketingReleased on 6/3/2011 with Alan BelniakIn this Take 10, social media expert Alan Belniak shares tips for using the most popular social media networks to build interest for special events. He also provides ideas for inspiring your business colleagues to use their social networks to promote conferences, forums, seminars, webinars, and much more.
- Take 10: How to Monitor Conversations with Free Online ToolsReleased on 3/25/2011 with Douglas MetzgarIn this short webcast, community marketing principal Douglas Metzgar demonstrates how you can monitor conversations online for free.
- Take 10: YouTube Advertising in 7 Easy StepsReleased on 10/15/2010 with Michael MillerJoin online marketing penman Michael Miller as he walks us through the seven steps to launching a YouTube Promoted Video campaign that supports your video's rise to prominence.
- Take 10: Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn EventsReleased on 10/8/2010 with Jason AlbaTake a quick 10-minute tour of LinkedIn Events with expert Jason Alba, who spells out not only how to access and use the Events application, but also how to wield its branding and word-of-mouth powers.
Word-of-Mouth: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Influencer Marketing Success StoriesInfluencer Marketing Success Stories features 13 companies that have leveraged the influence of outspoken opinion-makers and ordinary online reviewers to achieve their marketing objectives. With examples including Forbes Digital and Virgin America, this new Case Study Collection will show you how use influencer to boost brand awareness, introduce new products, increase sales, and more.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.