Content Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Four Effective Techniques for Working With B2B InfluencersTom WhatleyWorking with B2B influencers can help you reach new audiences, and it doesn't have to cost a fortune if you know how to engage with them organically.
The Business and Industry Content Preferences of C-Suite ExecutivesAyaz NanjiSenior executives rely heavily on email and traditional media for their content, and they are most interested in content that delivers useful insights, according to recent research from Greentarget.
Five Guest-Posting Mistakes to Avoid If You Want to Get PublishedKelsey RaymondEditors are the guest-article gatekeepers at your audience's favorite online publications. If guest posting is part of your content marketing strategy, take a look at what they have to say ...
Content Marketing and Native Advertising: A Match Made in Marketing HeavenRyan GouldContent marketing and native advertising each have their own benefits. But when used together, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Read on for tips to help ...
How to Measure the ROI of Your B2B Content Marketing CampaignsJolina LandichoThis guide includes costs to consider, metrics to monitor, and formulas to use so you can determine whether your content marketing campaigns are producing the ROI you want.
64 Statistics That Will Guide Your Content Marketing [Infographic]Laura ForerA smart content plan can make your content marketing efforts more effective. But how do you know what content to focus on? This infographic shares stats about content marketing that ...
How to Get Sales Prospects to Care About Your Marketing ContentRandy FrischCreating content is a waste of time if your target audience isn't consuming it. Here are three steps to creating content that prospects will care about.
Five Content-Led Marketing Campaigns That Drive ResultsChris CanoPromoting too many sales and discounts can devalue your brand and hurt your bottom line in the long run. Instead, use content to build audience engagement, boost your brand, and ...
Is Your Content Strategy Heading in the Right Direction? Four-Steps to Make Sure It Does.Jake AtheyIs your content marketing strategy working as hard as it should be and achieving your goals? Here's how to audit your content to ensure it's moving your customers—and your ROI—in ...
What Brands Post on Social vs. What Consumers Want to SeeAyaz NanjiThere is a significant disconnect between what marketers post to social media and what consumers want to see brands post, according to recent research from Sprout Social.
Content Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Using Constant Curiosity to Create 'Firecracker Content': Jon Burkhart on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneContent strategist, B2B Marketing Forum speaker, and author Jon Burkhart explains how brands can use constant curiosity to create "firecracker moments" for customers. He also shares the secret to knowing when to engage in real-time marketing.
Focus on 10X Growth, Not 10% Improvements: CoSchedule's Garrett Moon on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCoSchedule CEO Garrett Moon shares insights on marketing project management and leadership from his new book, 10x Marketing Formula: Your Blueprint for Creating "Competition-Free Content" That Stands Out and Gets Results.
Employee Engagement and 'Intelligent Inbound': SmartBug Media Founder Ryan Malone on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneRyan Malone, founder and CEO of digital agency SmartBug Media, discusses "intelligent inbound marketing," enhancing employee engagement, and cultivating balance within a marketing organization.
Creativity, Disruption, and the Expression Economy: Ron Tite on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneRon Tite, speaker, author, and owner of content marketing agency Church + State, says creativity is the key to marketing, likens business disruption to a political coup, and discusses the rise of the "Expression Economy"—his take on modern business.
Why ABM and Inbound Don't Play Nice: Joe Chernov, InsightSquared CMO, on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJoe Chernov, chief marketing officer at sales intelligence company InsightSquared, discusses why account-based marketing and inbound are often at odds, how brand marketing is coming back, and why 2018 is the year of customer marketing.
The Secret to Hosting Unforgettable Live Events: CMA's Chris Marr on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Marr, founder of CMA, gives Marketing Smarts the inside scoop on how he hosts some of the most popular marketing events in Europe—and how he uses that success to power his broader business goals.
Create a Content Strategy That Rocks: Jason Miller of LinkedIn Marketing Solutions on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneContent-strategy insights and tips from best-selling author Jason Miller (Welcome to the Funnel), head of content and social media marketing at LinkedIn Sales and Marketing Solutions EMEA.
B2B Influencer Marketing (Seriously!) Lee Odden of TopRank on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDigital marketing and PR strategist, consultant, author, and speaker Lee Odden explains why B2B brands need to work with influencers and offers tips for building mutually beneficial influencer relationships to co-create valuable content.
Humor in Marketing: Marketoonist Tom Fishburne on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneVeteran content marketer, cartoonist, and author Tom Fishburne (Your Ad Ignored Here: Cartoons From 15 Years of Marketing, Business, and Doodling in Meetings) talks about the role of humor in marketing and why cartoons might be the ultimate content marketing ...
Building B2B Brand Awareness Through Content: Amanda Milligan of Fractl on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAmanda Milligan, branded content manager at creative digital agency Fractl, shares content marketing tips based on her experience helping B2B and B2C clients build brand awareness and achieve content marketing ROI.
Content Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Marketing Writing Bootcamp: Seven Professional Secrets to Safely Use Humor in Marketingwith Erik DeckersIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn seven techniques to finding humor in almost every situation (including the ones you're not supposed to), and the techniques professionals use to "write funny" without resorting to tired clichés and stereotypes.
- Content Marketing for Humans in the Age of Robotswith Chris BroganIn this Teach Me How seminar, Chris Brogan shares actionable takeaways on how to capture your customers' attention with carefully crafted content. You'll learn essential writing tips, the key to selecting topics that engage, and how to get your audience to interact with you in a real and authentic way. You'll walk away with the tools to break through the noise and be heard (and listened to) by your prospects and customers.
- Content Strategy for B2B Lead Generationwith Andy CrestodinaIn this Teach Me How seminar, Andy Crestodina will walk you through each step in the process for driving B2B leads with content marketing, from first action to final outcome. You'll learn how to become a dual-threat marketer by combining search and psychology, SEO with conversion optimization, and cheese and mousetraps. You'll leave with the tools to make your content drive the right leads to you.
- In this Teach Me How seminar, discover the magic to storytelling in a digital world that inspires people to take action across channels. You'll learn five secrets that the most successful brands use to create cohesive narratives and how to tell stories that shift your content from noisy to necessary. You'll leave ready to create seamless, connected tales that inspire your audience to follow your trail to greater engagement and more conversions.
- How to Add Live Streaming Video to Your Marketing Mixwith Ashley FausIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to use live stream video to connect with your community; the pros and cons of choosing a live streaming app over a traditional video, webinar, or podcast; and the types of stories you can tell with these emerging platforms. You'll also discover how brands across several industries have had success with live streaming video.
- High-Performance Content Marketing: Create More Compelling Content Using a Custom Content Architecturewith Shelly BowenIn this online seminar, you'll learn the key steps to creating your own content architecture blueprint. You'll discover how to ensure your blueprint covers your core messaging priorities so it serves as your guide from process to execution, and how to customize it to meet your company's needs and goals.
- The Meat and Potatoes of Podcasting: How to Create a Successful Podcastwith Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn the key steps to starting a podcast, from setting goals to recording and editing to promoting your published show. You'll leave with the tools to help you rock the mic—and make sure your podcast succeeds!
- The Content Formula: How to Create and Measure Content That Convertswith Michael BrennerIn this Teach Me How seminar, we'll show you 10 ways you can quantify the return on your marketing through a consistent content approach. You'll also learn how to use content to create an appealing destination that your customers can't wait to visit again and again.
- In this online seminar, you'll learn how to fine-tune your content planning and development to better mirror reader habits. You'll discover what your audiences want to read and need to know, and how to reach and genuinely influence prospects. You'll leave with the tools to harness your readers' preferences to improve your content's trust factor.
- How to Adapt: Creating a Content Strategy for Mobilewith Christina IngeIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create device-agnostic content that reaches your target audience and achieves your communication objectives. You'll come away with strategies to tell even the most complex B2B sales story, or engage the most niche B2C consumers, with awesome content—on any platform!
Content Marketing: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Eight Steps to Making Great Smartphone VideosReleased on 11/18/2016 with Jeremy A. WilliamsIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about essential planning considerations for smartphone videos. From outlining what you're going to shoot to ensuring you have all your accessories, this Take 10 will make sure you're (over) prepared for your next video shoot.
- Take 10: A Step-by-Step Guide to Launching an Employee Advocacy ProgramReleased on 9/23/2016 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, we'll go through the seven steps you need to launch an engaging and highly successful employee advocacy program. You'll learn how to define success, create a content strategy, and get the right people involved from the start so your program can grow.
- Take 10: How to Create and Leverage Testimonial VideosReleased on 8/26/2016 with Marsha DrukerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn everything you need to get started creating testimonial video content for your company's marketing efforts. We'll show you how to harness the art of storytelling for better videos, along with various ways to promote the finished product across your website, social channels, and marketing campaigns. You'll walk away with actionable steps to plan, create, and leverage effective testimonial video content.
- Take 10: Nine Things to Remove From Your WebsiteReleased on 3/11/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn just 10 minutes, we'll ask the tough questions about your website content including: do you really want people to click that? And does it even work as website content? From press releases and email links, to PDFs and cat videos, we'll show you nine things to remove from your website so you'll want to run (not walk) to your content management system for immediate changes.
- Take 10: Create Your Content Strategy in Eight StepsReleased on 2/19/2016 with Jennifer SmoldtIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a killer content marketing plan. We'll discuss why it's so important to have a well-documented strategy in place, as well as how to identify your distinct differentiators and create a unique story that will appeal to your target audience.
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: 10 Tips for Creating Quality Video on Your SmartphoneReleased on 12/18/2015 with Rocky WallsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share simple, straight-to-the-point tips for creating high-quality video using your smartphone. From shooting, to sharing, to editing, you'll leave with actionable tactics you can put to use right away.
- Take 10: Repurpose Content for Your BlogReleased on 11/13/2015 with Allie Gray FreelandIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to save time and resources by maximizing the lifetime value of your pre-existing content. We'll walk you through how to repurpose content for your blog, so you can breathe new life into press releases, sales decks, customer service transcripts, social content, and more.
- Take 10: Your Guide to Quick and Easy Social Media ImagesReleased on 11/6/2015 with Cynthia SanchezIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how easy and inexpensive it can be to make images that will help your social media stand out and get the right kind of attention. We'll shed light onto the tools available to you and share tips to help you get started right away.
- Take 10: How to Use Content to Engage Customers Throughout the Sales CycleReleased on 7/10/2015 with Michael PeggsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share how to keep your customers in the conversation by creating content that entertains, engages, and educates. You'll learn how to use content to boost brand awareness, drive leads, and increase conversions as prospects move through each stage of the sales cycle—from discovering your brand through the final phase of purchasing.
Content Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- An Earful of Advice for the Podcasting BeginnerThis 34-page beginner's guide will help you understand the essentials of podcasting.
- Engage Customers and Generate Leads With Interactive ContentThis 27-page guide will answer all your questions about interactive content. It'll show you that it's about more than just games. It may even inspire you to "interactivate" your own content and engage your readers.
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- The Marketer's Guide to Social Media ContentIn this 61-page guide, you'll learn how to, plan, develop, and optimize social content that captures and engages the attention of your audience.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Insight
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- 15 Tools to Boost Your YouTube Marketing by Aleh Barysevich
- Four Successful Ways to Combine Inbound and Outbound Marketing by Sarah Baier
- Buyers Leave Your Clients. Find Them and Sell to Them Again. by Blake Johnston
- Five Tips for Making Company-Culture Videos That Captivate Your ... by Victor Blasco
- The Ultimate Guide to Coming Up With Useful Ideas by Amber Dawson