Pricing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Smart Pricing Strategies for Generating Higher Conversions (Part 2 of 2)Rohan AyyarPricing is more than cost plus margin or lowering your prices just a tad below competitors'. Think like a buyer to zero in on profitable pricing strategies tailor-made for you, ...
Smart Pricing Strategies for Generating Higher Conversions (Part 1 of 2)Rohan AyyarTechnology has changed consumer behavior, in turn forcing marketers to consider newer takes on traditional pricing models. You now have to dig deeper into buyers' thought process to understand what ...
How Consumers Find and Use Mobile AppsAyaz NanjiMost consumers first hear about mobile apps from friends and family, according to a recent report from Google and Ipsos.
Dramatically Increase Conversions Using the Scarcity PrincipleJosh BrownThe impulse to acquire what is scarce is wired deep into the oldest part of our brain, alongside our other survival instincts. Here are four ideas for how to ...
Are Consumers Willing to Pay for Content From Online Publishers?Ayaz NanjiSome 40% of US consumers say they currently pay for news, fashion, sports, or business digital content, even though 70% say they access those categories of content online regularly, according ...
Does Amazon Usually Have the Lowest Price Online?Ayaz NanjiAmong online retailers, Amazon.com consistently offers the lowest prices on products in various key consumer categories, according to a recent report from L2.
Which Marketing Offers Motivate Travelers?Ayaz NanjiAsked what would make them book a vacation more quickly, 42% of travelers surveyed say they would do so for a best-price guarantee and 23% say they would do so ...
Are Online Product Prices Lower Than In-Store Prices?Ayaz NanjiMost consumer products (69%) have the same price online and offline, according to a recent report from Anthem Marketing Solutions.
Build Customer Loyalty With Rewards and Other Tactics That MotivateSha FakiriThe digital age has changed how buyers research and buy products. An online rewards program can be a powerful way to reach buyers over and over, helping build a new ...
The Most Important Element for Increasing Leads and SalesTom PickThe "consumerization" of B2B marketing is about reducing friction at all customer touchpoints. B2B vendors need to learn from friction-reducing techniques of consumer goods firms and retailers.
Pricing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Common Pricing Roadblocks (and How to Get Around Them)Broadcast on 3/21/2013 with Heidi CohenThis PRO seminar will examine five major pricing challenges today's marketers face and how you can overcome them like a champ.
- Using Market Frameworks to Analyze Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/21/2013 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use market frameworks to understand your market and analyze your competition, understand your own strengths, and uncover weaknesses you may not even know you have.
- Small Business Series: How to Set Prices the Smart WayBroadcast on 8/17/2007 with Michael GoodmanPricing strategy is the sleeping giant of marketing strategy. The marketing mix element with perhaps the greatest potential to affect the bottom line and properly position a brand or a company with its target audience—yet the one most often relegated to a simple financial or sales decision, without regard for its impact on the brand. This seminar will address the role of pricing as a marketing tool, and ...
- Evaluating Marketing Mix TradeoffsBroadcast on 10/5/2006 with Andrew Pierce, Chris GibsonIn this fascinating case study, you'll hear how marketing strategists from Prophet helped United Healthcare achieve its goals.
- Using Pricing Strategy to Create Competitive Advantage in B2B Markets—It's Time to Change the GameBroadcast on 8/17/2006 with Joseph ZaleThrough several examples, we will discuss how to align prices and price structures to track with value, a pricing process that forces customers to acknowledge value.
- Writing a Marketing Plan for Entrepreneurs and Small Business: From Blank Page to PresentationBroadcast on 6/9/2005 with Michael FischlerA marketing plan is the single most important guidepost you’ll have to maximize effectiveness and minimize the risk of marketing. Learn how to get the most out of your marketing plan.
- Brand Building Basics: Profit from Your Company’s Greatest AssetBroadcast on 11/10/2004 with William ArrudaBranding is not just for the big guys or for products on the grocery store shelf. Companies of any size can benefit tremendously from the power of a strong brand. Branding doesn’t have to be costly to be effective. In this seminar, you will learn simple ways to make deposits in your brand bank without having to invest a small fortune.
Pricing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: A Crash Course in Pricing StrategiesReleased on 1/11/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll get a thorough overview of pricing strategies and options you'll want to consider before establishing a price for your products.
- Take 10: Four Ways to Monetize Local Daily DealsReleased on 5/18/2012 with Amy FowlerJust like everything else, there's a right way and a wrong way to add daily deals into your marketing mix. In just 10 minutes, you'll learn the right way to make daily deals lucrative for your business.