Pricing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Seven Ways to Go Beyond Black Friday If You're a Small BusinessJoe MannaSmall businesses can't go toe to toe against large retailers on Black Friday. It's just not a fair fight... But small businesses can still capitalize on Black Friday in ways ...
How to Create Your Hourly Rate for Digital Marketing ServicesRob EleveldThe good news is that you don't need an MBA and you needn't have taken an accounting class to figure out the basics of your cost structure and an associated ...
Reducing Your Rates: How Low Should You Go?Kate ToonYou send a great proposal, but now the client says your costs are too high. Should you reduce your rates to win the job, or should you stick to your ...
How Much Bloggers Charge to Publish Sponsored ContentAyaz NanjiFully two-thirds (67%) of bloggers say paid sponsored/branded content is their most profitable revenue generator, according to a recent report from Zig Marketing. Moreover, though 90% of bloggers say they ...
Three Counterintuitive Ideas for Making Your Growth Strategies WorkTim RiestererCompanies looking for more profitable growth often turn to three common strategies. But each has a major flaw that causes leaks in precious margin. Here are counterintuitive ideas to make ...
62% of Shoppers Use a Mobile Device in Stores to Check PricesAyaz NanjiThe majority of shoppers (62%) use a mobile device at a brand’s physical location to compare products and prices, according to a recent survey of global consumers conducted by SDL.
Consumer Price Sensitivity and Deal Seeking Up in 2013Ayaz NanjiNearly 3 in 4 shoppers (74%) are more sensitive to price in 2013 compared with 2012, according to a recent survey of US consumers by Parago.
Three Steps for Stopping Checkout AbandonmentJames DuvalAny e-commerce site owner knows the frustration resulting from the abandonment of a full shopping basket. But the most likely causes of a high rate of abandonment are few, and ...
The 7 Ps of Customer Retention MarketingKarl WirthWe often think of marketing as a way to acquire customers. But, today, business is more relationship-based and therefore just as focused on retaining customers. So how do the 7 ...
What's Showrooming? (And Six Ways You Can Combat It)Michael StevensArmed with smartphones, shoppers are going to brick-and-mortar stores to evaluate products—then, often while still in the store, buying them online to get deals. That's "showrooming." Here's what you can ...
Pricing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Common Pricing Roadblocks (and How to Get Around Them)Broadcast on 3/21/2013 with Heidi CohenThis PRO seminar will examine five major pricing challenges today's marketers face and how you can overcome them like a champ.
- Using Market Frameworks to Analyze Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/21/2013 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use market frameworks to understand your market and analyze your competition, understand your own strengths, and uncover weaknesses you may not even know you have.
- Small Business Series: How to Set Prices the Smart WayBroadcast on 8/17/2007 with Michael GoodmanPricing strategy is the sleeping giant of marketing strategy. The marketing mix element with perhaps the greatest potential to affect the bottom line and properly position a brand or a company with its target audience—yet the one most often relegated to a simple financial or sales decision, without regard for its impact on the brand. This seminar will address the role of pricing as a marketing tool, and ...
- Evaluating Marketing Mix TradeoffsBroadcast on 10/5/2006 with Andrew Pierce, Chris GibsonIn this fascinating case study, you'll hear how marketing strategists from Prophet helped United Healthcare achieve its goals.
- Using Pricing Strategy to Create Competitive Advantage in B2B Markets—It's Time to Change the GameBroadcast on 8/17/2006 with Joseph ZaleThrough several examples, we will discuss how to align prices and price structures to track with value, a pricing process that forces customers to acknowledge value.
- Writing a Marketing Plan for Entrepreneurs and Small Business: From Blank Page to PresentationBroadcast on 6/9/2005 with Michael FischlerA marketing plan is the single most important guidepost you’ll have to maximize effectiveness and minimize the risk of marketing. Learn how to get the most out of your marketing plan.
- Brand Building Basics: Profit from Your Company’s Greatest AssetBroadcast on 11/10/2004 with William ArrudaBranding is not just for the big guys or for products on the grocery store shelf. Companies of any size can benefit tremendously from the power of a strong brand. Branding doesn’t have to be costly to be effective. In this seminar, you will learn simple ways to make deposits in your brand bank without having to invest a small fortune.
Pricing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: A Crash Course in Pricing StrategiesReleased on 1/11/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll get a thorough overview of pricing strategies and options you'll want to consider before establishing a price for your products.
- Take 10: Four Ways to Monetize Local Daily DealsReleased on 5/18/2012 with Amy FowlerJust like everything else, there's a right way and a wrong way to add daily deals into your marketing mix. In just 10 minutes, you'll learn the right way to make daily deals lucrative for your business.