Marketing Inspiration: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Top 25 Marketing Influencers [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiThe biggest influencers in marketing? Here are the top 25, according to InsideView. Take a look for a dose of inspiration for your own marketing.
LeBron James's Five Keys to Marketing SuccessJosh HaynamLeBron James is one of the greatest basketball players ever. Even when his natural ability reaches its limit, he continues to improve by using simple principles that can be directly ...
Marketing Megatrends: Observations From Arianna Huffington at Vocus's Demand Success ConferenceKerry O'Shea GorgoneDemand Success conference keynote speaker Arianna Huffington gave attendees her take on marketing today, as well as on how the workplace needs to change to sustain the wellbeing of employees.
10 Lessons From Digital Pioneers on How To Become a Digital SuccessPaul Springer, Mel CarsonIf you could speak with the brains behind TED Talks videos, Google's Webmaster community, and my.barakobama.com—and 17 other digital pioneers, what might they advise? Probably not what you'd expect.
What Marketers Can Learn From FarmersBecky McCrayMarketing is a game of seasons and cycles. We deal with ups and downs, timing, and patience. It's a lot like farming, actually. Farmers have to deal with seasons, and ...
Five Crucial Steps to Retaining Brand Loyalty in a CrisisAnita Williams WeinbergWhether a brand is facing a minor kerfuffle or a major tragedy, the path of correction should be simple and clear. Learn how to take control of any crisis situation, ...
Four Lessons From the Co-Founder of OfficeMax [Slide Show]Christian GulliksenAs co-founder of OfficeMax, Michael Feuer learned a thing or two about launching and running a successful company. Here are four of his invaluable lessons on empowering your employees, building ...
What Guy Kawasaki Learned From Steve Jobs [Slide Show]Christian GulliksenWhen Apple mastermind Steve Jobs died in October, tributes praising his genius flowed forth. As Apple's chief evangelist for years, Guy Kawasaki knew Jobs well—and learned invaluable lessons from him. ...
Dialogue Writing, Part 2: Where to Start [Video]Brent WalkerThe listener needs to know—within the first couple of lines of dialogue—who is talking, where they are, and why they're having this conversation. No small task—but there are tricks!
What Nordstrom Can Teach You About Crisis Management [Slide Show]Christian GulliksenWhat can be better than exceptional customer service? A recent experience with upscale retailer Nordstrom serves as a prime example of how to win customers over—under less-than-desirable circumstances.
Marketing Inspiration: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Language of Brand Love: Loveworks Author Brian Sheehan Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Brian Sheehan discusses his latest book "Loveworks," the characteristics of beloved brands, and how you can create a "sensual experience" for your prospects and customers.
Newsjacking, Real-Time Marketing, and the NEW New Rules of Marketing and PR: David Meerman Scott Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneA perennial favorite of marketers and marketing instructors alike, The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott has sold 300,000 English-language copies over four editions. David discusses what's changed in marketing since the last edition, and how ...
Choose Your Own Marketing Adventure: Nick Westergaard Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNick Westergaard of Brand Driven Digital gives us a sneak peek at his B2B Marketing Forum presentation on Choosing Your Own Marketing Adventure. For more great insights, come see him speak in October.
No Pain, No Gain: Jonah Lehrer Discusses Debate, Dissent, and Creativity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOne of the rules of traditional brainstorming is... "Don't criticize anyone's ideas." But does that work? "Criticism is really good for the imagination," Jonah Lehrer explains in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts.
What Is Your 'Signature Idea'? Mark Levy Talks Thought Leadership on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThought leadership doesn't depend on what you think about your ideas and your perspective; it depends on whether other people are in fact following your lead. You don't choose to be a thought leader, in other words; you become a ...
Influencing the Influencers... With a Glock: Paul Barrett Talks About America's Gun on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn the early '90s, more than a quarter million Glocks (a semiautomatic pistol) had been sold in the US. Marketers can learn a lot from the runaway success of this handgun, as Bloomberg Businessweek's Paul Barrett told us in this ...
Marketing Inspiration: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- From Marketer to Author: How to Publish a Book for Powerful MarketingBroadcast on 5/28/2013 with Guy KawasakiIn this very special online seminar from MarketingProfs, Guy Kawasaki, author of APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur and former chief evangelist of Apple, explains why a book can be your most engaging marketing tactic, as well as how to actually make it happen.
- MarketingProfs University: Campaign Planning and Management FundamentalsBroadcast on 11/1/2012 with Jon MillerIn this PRO seminar, we will go over the basics of campaign planning and management to help you create the framework for a successful campaign.
- MarketingProfs University: The Social Habit 2012—How Americans Really Use Social MediaBroadcast on 10/11/2012 with Tom WebsterThis PRO seminar will provide genuine insight and actionable tips as Tom guides attendees through an interactive exploration of what America's "Social Habit" really means for content creators, marketers, and brands.
- Using Crowdsourcing to Develop and Enhance Your ContentBroadcast on 9/27/2012 with David BratvoldIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn what crowdsourcing is, why it's important, and how you can use it to beef up your content.
- Six Steps to Creative Problem SolvingBroadcast on 5/24/2012 with Alicia ArnoldIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn techniques for generating more quality ideas in a shorter amount of time and how to use creative thinking to tackle your organization's toughest challenges by leveraging the scientifically proven, globally tested, six-step Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem Solving process (CPS).
- Cognitive Surplus: How Sharing and Collaboration Can Benefit Marketers in a Connected AgeBroadcast on 4/19/2012 with Clay ShirkyIn this seminar, Clay Shirky will show you how to tap into your customers' cognitive surplus by providing a platform for customer collaboration—and how this collaboration can turn into big positive results for your business. Plus you'll discover how you, as a marketer, can become more valuable to your company through the insights you gain by fostering this collaboration.
- The State of the Thank You EconomyBroadcast on 9/22/2011 with Gary VaynerchukJoin us as we discuss the incredible tool that allows brands to show customers that they care: social media. Social media offers brands the opportunity to listen to and engage with anyone having a conversation on these networks.
- The Art of EnchantmentBroadcast on 6/2/2011 with Guy KawasakiWith concepts taken from his popular new book, Guy Kawasaki explains how to influence people's hearts, minds, and actions.
- Seth Godin: How to Avoid The Meatball SundaeBroadcast on 1/3/2008 with Seth GodinThis seminar with Seth Godin is perfect for anyone wrestling with the collision of traditional marketing and the New Marketing that's happening online. It's all about avoiding the meatball sundae. "What's a Meatball Sundae?" you ask ...
- Eleven Big Ideas, with Seth GodinBroadcast on 8/8/2006 with Seth GodinWIth this engaging seminar, we can promise you a bunch of irrelevant, disconnected stories that are guaranteed to spark at least one big idea!
Marketing Inspiration: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: A Recipe for Success—7 Content Marketing Tips from The Best Chefs in the BizReleased on 5/11/2012 with Verónica Maria JarskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven easily digestible and tactical tips taken from some of the top chefs in the biz. Paired with your handy Take 10 checklist, these tips will allow you to tackle your content marketing challenges with no reservations.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Be Bold with Your Social Business AgendaReleased on 1/27/2012 with Sandy CarterIn just 10 minutes, Sandy describes exactly what it takes to create a social business agenda. For companies hesitant to embrace social, she offers a lot of encouragement and practical suggestions on how to experiment.
- Take 10 Author Series: How Everything You Learned About Motivation Is Wrong—And How to Do It RightReleased on 12/9/2011 with Daniel H. PinkIn this Take 10, Dan debunks the many myths surrounding motivation and offers a number of tips and tricks for cultivating a true culture of motivation in the workplace.
- Take 10: How to Podcast Like a RockstarReleased on 9/9/2011 with Corey O'LoughlinIn this Take 10, MarketingProfs content marketing specialist Corey O'Loughlin walks you through the fundamentals of podcast production.