Channel Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
10 Essential Steps to Revenue Growth in 2016 for Brands With an Indirect Sales ModelGary RitkesThere's a growth-stifling disconnect between brand marketers that have indirect sales models and the local channel partners that sell the brands' products or services.
The Key to Successful Positioning: '3 Cs' ResearchLawson AbinantiPositioning shouldn't be left to chance. Unless you do your research, your message to the market has almost no chance of getting through and hitting the mark. Here's what you ...
Which Marketing Channel Gives You the Most Bang for Your Click? [Infographic]Verónica JarskiConsider the various online marketing channels you use regularly. Do you know which ones yield the highest return? This infographic highlights which channels get the most visitors, result in the ...
Five Ways to Develop a Cross-Channel Brand StoryDiana UdelStories have always been vehicles via which we communicate and perceive truth. So, for growth-minded retailers and consumer brands, omni-channel success hinges on the ability to deliver cross-channel brand stories ...
B2Bs Struggling With Online Marketing Mix; Sales Cycle Gets LongerVahe HabeshianUS B2B marketers are struggling to optimize their online marketing mix, with many unable to segment and target the right decision-makers or measure program success across the entire marketing funnel, ...
Why Your Customers Are Just Not That Into YouDan KohnDo you know what your customers want from their business interactions? Learn which marketing activities draw customers closer to your brand—and which ones act as repellants.
Break Down Marketing Silos Now: Build Engagement With Cross-Channel MarketingRon PersonMarketers have a tough job! No juggler's job has ever been as tough. With 13 or so online marketing channels (and just as many offline), the job of cross-channel marketing ...
Content Marketing Trends for 2012: What's in and What's OutPawan DeshpandeNo doubt about it: 2011 was a big year for content marketing. Twice the number of marketers implement content marketing vs. the number of those who use print, television, and ...
Top 5 Marketing Trends for 2012Joe CordoAs 2011 winds down, it's time to consider the trends that will dominate marketing in 2012. Here are the Top 5 trends on the horizon and tips on how to ...
Delivering on the Promise of Marketing AutomationLaura PattersonMore and more organizations are investing in marketing automation platforms. Is yours one of them? If so, learn how to select the right one, plan for its adoption, and avoid ...
Channel Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Growing a Global Brand Community: Dell Software's Dave Hansen Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGet insight into how big brands manage their communities, and learn secrets for making the most of channel partner relationships... from Dave Hansen, Dell Software global vice-president and general manager of sales, marketing, and services.
Omnichannel Marketing for Brands: Mark Schaefer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, speaker, and author Mark W. Schaefer discusses omnichannel marketing for brands, content shock, Big Data, and more.
Social Media and the Future of Publishing: Amy Maniatis of National Geographic Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNational Geographic has dominated print media for 125 years, and now the organization is staking its claim on social networks and photo-sharing sites. EVP and CMO Amy Maniatis discusses brand management, the power of content, and the importance of emerging ...
Channel Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Ways to Build a Behavior-Driven, Data-Enriched Customer ExperienceBroadcast on 7/12/2016 with Anitha Gopinathan, Stephen DumasJoin us for this free seminar to discover five super-smart ways you can build your marketing strategy around customer behaviors. You'll learn how to integrate and act on data from across channels to deliver a more satisfying experience throughout the customer journey. Sponsored by Silverpop
- Five Digital Marketing Mistakes (and How to Fix Them)Broadcast on 7/6/2016 with Ahmad AggourJoin us for this free seminar to discover five mistakes that marketers commonly make, and how you can keep them from wreaking havoc on your marketing programs. Sponsored by Act-On Software
- Unlocking the Value of Marketing AutomationBroadcast on 5/3/2016 with Malinda WilkinsonJoin us for this free seminar to discover if marketing automation is living up to its hype. You'll learn how smart marketers are using it with success, and how you can too. Sponsored by Salesfusion
- Becoming the Über-Connected Company with Social MediaBroadcast on 12/2/2010 with Sandy CarterIn this seminar, we'll address the hows and whys, in addition to the dos and don'ts of using social media to reach ecosystem partners as well as how to leverage your partners as part of your total social marketing efforts.
- Multi-Channel Analytics: Tackling the Toughest Measurement ChallengeBroadcast on 6/3/2010 with Avinash KaushikLearn how to run multi-channel analytics to measure your non-line impact. You'll get practical tips that will help you identify how to measure your campaigns (and hence claim as much of the credit as possible for your hard work!).
- Dialing Isn't Dead: How B2B Marketers Can Pick Up the Phone and Pick Up BusinessBroadcast on 10/2/2008 with Michael A. BrownWhen e-marketing hit its stride, you didn’t toss out your telephones, did you? Neither did your business prospects and customers.
- What Marketers Need to Know about Podcasting and Streaming VideoBroadcast on 8/9/2007 with Jeremiah OwyangOnline communications are changing. Customers are now sharing their brand and product experiences with each other using podcasts, online video, and now live video streaming. With the web evolving to also include these richer media channels, the savvy marketer must learn how to listen, understand, and use the same mediums.
- Crash Course #5: The Wide World of Direct Marketing on the WebBroadcast on 1/18/2007 with Jane WeberThis information-packed session will be a fast-paced scan of major online marketing trends and best practices. This session will offer examples from top marketers, including a successful magazine publisher.
- Partnership Brand Marketing: How to Connect Your Brand to Other Brands to Win CustomersBroadcast on 1/12/2006 with Gregory PollackThis seminar will show you how to connect your brand to another brand to gain new customers. Examples where ketchup was paired with home video, and toys were aligned with food, will demonstrate how to extend your reach and tap into a new customer base.
Channel Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Benchmark Survey: Email MarketingLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey of the ways companies are using email marketing, the cost savings they are experiencing, and the ways they combat list fatigue, declining open rates and other common email marketing challenges.With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.