Segmentation: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Three Marketing Tactics to Tap Into the Emerging Apple DemographicCharles NichollsApple customers are emerging as an important new demographic, accounting for a massive 89% of mobile commerce sales. It's time to apply that knowledge.
How to Increase Email Marketing Conversions [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTo help boost your email marketing conversions, check out these suggestions from a Monetate infographic.
Apply Lifetime Value Targeting to Reach Customers OnlineRussell GlassHistorically, personalized targeting has been done through direct mail, sending offers to segmented lists, targeted at personas. So how can you achieve the same level of segmentation and targeting in ...
The Four Types of Small Business Technology Buyers [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiTechnology buying decisions made by small businesses are influenced more by attitudes and beliefs than by demographic factors such as industry, revenue, and years in business, according to a recent ...
How to Uncover Confusion in Your Conversion Funnel: Article 2 of 4Sean EllisJust how do you optimize your funnel, and shuttle visitors quickly along their way to the experience that will turn them not just into a conversion but into engaged users ...
Email Open and Click Behavior by Gender and IncomeAyaz NanjiMen are likely to open emails throughout the day, whereas women are more likely to have limited windows of time to check their inboxes, according to a recent report by ...
Email Best-Practices for Developing and Maintaining Crucial Customer RelationshipsKevin GaoHere are three sets of email best-practices for turning prospects into actual customers, extracting value from active customers who eagerly make purchases, and retaining customers for the long term.
Marketers Struggling With Social and Relationship DataAyaz NanjiLess than a quarter of marketers say that they have an excellent understanding of relationship data, including customers' level of participation in social media (20%), channel preference (21%), and household ...
The Hyperconnected Life [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiLife before the internet? What's that? Today's teens and young adults only know about the digitally connected world. Here's a look at their hyperconnectivity and its effects.
Three Powerful Ways to Measure the Impact of Your Email MarketingKaren TalaveraThough email campaign process metrics such as delivery, open, and click-through rates have their place, if you don't look beyond them... the true impact of your email marketing—and opportunities for ...
Segmentation: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Content, Customer-Centricity, and the Power of Data: Acxiom's Tim Suther on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThis week's guest on Marketing Smarts is Tim Suther, chief marketing and strategy officer for Acxiom, a firm that Tim referred to as "the original Big Data company"; FRONTLINE called it "one of the biggest companies you've never heard of."
The Rise of the Savvy Auntie: Melanie Notkin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's Marketing Smarts, Melanie Notkin, founder of SavvyAuntie.com, discusses an important niche market neglected by marketers—women without children of their own, but with children in their lives.
Segmentation: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Common Pricing Roadblocks (and How to Get Around Them)Broadcast on 3/21/2013 with Heidi CohenThis PRO seminar will examine five major pricing challenges today's marketers face and how you can overcome them like a champ.
- High-Performance Landing Pages that Boost Your Bottom Line (FREE)Broadcast on 11/19/2009 with Michael Goodman, Anna TalericoGetting them there isn't enough. Here's how you can improve the odds of converting a Web visitor into a customer.
- Actionable Web Analytics: Unleash the Marketing Power of Your Web DataBroadcast on 8/28/2008 with Avinash KaushikYou don't necessarily need MORE data about your online visitors' behavior... you need to pinpoint the data that will help you make better marketing and design decisions. Getting it might not be as painful as you think.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and MoreBroadcast on 5/22/2008 with Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Identity Marketing: Using PR to Reach the Minds (and Wallets) of Today's Diverse ConsumersBroadcast on 4/24/2008 with Gail Z. MartinTraditional PR focuses on reaching mass media with a mass message. That doesn't cut it with today's multicultural consumer. Does your PR have what it takes to compete?
- Using e-Metrics to Optimize Your All-Around Marketing StrategyBroadcast on 4/3/2008 with Jim SterneOnline marketing professionals have been monitoring the success of their websites for a little over ten years now. They have been using the Internet to test alternatives in marketing strategy, messaging, positioning, offers, promotions and more. Today, these techniques can be directed at the offline world as well.
- Tighten Up Your Marketing Plan: The Nuts and Bolts of Market SegmentationBroadcast on 8/2/2007 with Allen WeissDo you really know how to do market segmentation? It's the foundation of a sound marketing plan, and many companies are getting it all wrong. This is our 100th online seminar, and we're celebrating by bringing MarketingProfs founder and CEO Allen Weiss to share all he knows about this important topic. And there's a surprise at the end!
- Segmenting the Hispanic Market: What the Numbers Really MeanBroadcast on 7/12/2007 with Blaire BorthayreThe Hispanic population has become a powerful economic force in the United States. These 43 million consumers now command enough buying power to make companies sit up and pay attention. But in this booming market, it's easy to be misled by the varied demographic information (and the lack of a conceptual framework) available to marketers.We will bring statistics to life in this online seminar, showing you how to pull together data that's relevant to your marketing goals.
- Customer-Centric Communications: It's All Different NowBroadcast on 5/24/2007 with Jeff KrawitzPeople listen when you speak their language about things they value. In MarComm, it’s our job to do that, one customer at a time; it's simple if you have two or three customers. It gets a bit tricky when you have a few thousand or more.
- Personas 1: Breakthrough Customer Insight for Product, Website Design and MoreBroadcast on 3/7/2007 with Tamara AdlinPresenter Tamara Adlin will provide a variety of examples, illustrating the different benefits of implementing a personas program. She shows which marketing objectives personas support, and will help you identify whether a personas program would be a good fit for you.
Segmentation: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Build a Twitter Following in a WeekReleased on 8/20/2010 with Megan LeapIn just 10 minutes, learn proven techniques to significantly grow your Twitter following in less than a week. Whether you want to grow a personal or business Twitter account, this webcast is packed with everything you need to know to dramatically increase your Twitter reach.
Segmentation: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Research Spotlight: FacebookResearch Spotlight: Facebook helps you focus on the most popular social network today. Get the research insights you need to create successful Facebook campaigns. Learn who's on Facebook, what they're doing, and how best to reach them.
- Benchmark Survey: Marketing to HispanicsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are targeting their marketing efforts, and adjusting their business processes, for the lucrative Spanish-speaking segment. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
- Benchmark Survey: Email MarketingLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey of the ways companies are using email marketing, the cost savings they are experiencing, and the ways they combat list fatigue, declining open rates and other common email marketing challenges.With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.