Brand Positioning: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Do Your New Products Have Real Competitive Advantages?Rick SteinbrennerHow can you make sure your new product programs have the right kinds of competitive advantage? You need to think big—and "outside the box." So follow these steps for ...
The Five Essential Elements of a Great Company Story [Infographic]Sandra StewartConcerned that you don't have enough drama or action in your company story? Don't worry... You can craft a company story that is both compelling and informative.
How Big Businesses Use Colors to Affect Your Emotions [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiHow does the color in your logo make your customers and prospects feel? Here's a look at the emotions certain colors elicit and iconic business logos that use those colors.
The Top 10 Brands With the Most Influential Content Marketing on LinkedIn [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiThe global brands with the most influential content marketing on LinkedIn are media and high-tech companies, according to a recent report from the social network.
Develop Your Brand Voice: Three Keys to Killer MessagingMaria RossHere are three tips to consider when crafting messaging so you can pique interest, create a relationship, and stand out from your competition.
How Loyal Are Millennials to Brands?Ayaz NanjiSome 64% of Millennials say they feel at least as much brand loyalty to their favorite brands as their parents do to their own favorite brands, according to a recent ...
For True Brand Loyalty, Build Contextual Marketing Strategy Into Your Brand: Part 1James GeorgeNo question about it, brand loyalty is down since the recession. To fight that trend, marketers have been using short-term tactics—with diminishing results. Something different is needed.
Rethink Your Branding to Create Crazy Love From CustomersTom ShapiroEmotions are powerful, and your customers cannot make buying decisions without them. To take your brand from good to ridiculously amazing, focus your marketing on building emotional connections with customers.
LinkedIn Showcase Pages: Target Your ContentHana AbazaIn contrast to LinkedIn's Company Pages, its Showcase Pages are focused on one aspect of your business. The idea is to create a dedicated space for your prominent brands, products, ...
Results-Driven Marketing Creative in Four Steps, Part 2: Building a Creative ConceptCameron AveryThe creative concept helps define the very core of your marketing message. It underpins your campaign content, and encapsulates the major themes to be communicated to your target audience.
Brand Positioning: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Make a Lasting Impression: 'Clarity Therapist' Steve Woodruff Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Clarity therapist" Steve Woodruff explains how you can break through the noise, help people to understand your business, and ensure that they remember what you do so that they can connect you with potential customers.
The Language of Brand Love: Loveworks Author Brian Sheehan Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Brian Sheehan discusses his latest book "Loveworks," the characteristics of beloved brands, and how you can create a "sensual experience" for your prospects and customers.
Entrepreneurial Spirit: The Founders of Barefoot Wine Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Houlihan and Bonnie Harvey started Barefoot Wine in a laundry room and grew it into one of the top US wine brands. They talk about how their approach to selling wine disrupted the industry, and what others can learn ...
Employees as Brand Advocates: IBM's Ethan McCarty Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIBM's Director of Social Strategy and Programs Ethan McCarty talks about how (and why) the company selects and showcases the social media posts of employees from across the organization.
Tasteful Branding: Supermarket Superstar Chris Cornyn Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFood branding expert Chris Cornyn serves up marketing advice for would-be food entrepreneurs—including on the Lifetime reality series "Supermarket Superstars."
Does Your Brand Have a Visual Hammer? Laura Ries on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThis week's guest , Laura Ries, believes in tying a brand's core message (the "verbal nail") to a striking visual image (the "visual hammer"). Her premise is straightforward: To leave a lasting impression on the mind of customers and potential ...
Brand Positioning: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Fifth P of Marketing: People, Email, and the Shifting Power ParadigmBroadcast on 6/24/2014 with Christopher LesterJoin us for this free seminar to learn best practices and proven strategies for creating small but meaningful conversions at every point in your multi-channel marketing strategy. We'll share insightful statistics and inspiring examples from successful brands that use their channels (with email marketing at the center) to leverage the power of their customers and fans. Sponsored by Emma
- Brand Yourself: Busting the Nine-Second BarrierBroadcast on 3/14/2013 with KiKi L'ItalienThis PRO seminar will teach you how to establish a cohesive personal brand, have better personal relationships, and live the life you were meant to live.
- How to Become a Trusted Brand and Industry LeaderBroadcast on 1/17/2013 with John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to position your brand as a go-to authority in your industry. We'll discuss how to increase your visibility and explore the critical difference between marketing and branding (and how an understanding of that difference can help you).
- Ten Best Practices for Performing Competitive TeardownsBroadcast on 7/26/2012 with Sean CampbellYou'll learn the do's and don'ts of acquiring competitors' solutions, methods to perform the teardown effectively and fairly, and how you can use the results to improve your marketing and sales collateral.
- How to Hammer Your Brand Into the Minds of Your ConsumersBroadcast on 7/19/2012 with Laura RiesIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn about the ten types of visual hammers, why you need one, and how to find the perfect one for your brand.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Facebook AdsBroadcast on 5/17/2012 with Eshwar BelaniLearn how to dramatically improve the effectiveness, reach, and ROI of your Facebook campaigns and how to use ad targeting and optimization tools outside of Facebook to create, launch, and test thousands of ads targeted at just as many (if not more) micro-segments.
- Scaling Social Business: How Brands Can Build Their Business Now (and Position for What's Next in Social Media)Broadcast on 5/13/2010 with Jeremiah OwyangThis presentation with one of marketing's most forward-thinking leaders addresses how companies should be looking at their current social media strategy and objectives, with an eye on the future.
- Harnessing a Portfolio of Brands: The Harrah’s StoryBroadcast on 2/21/2008 with Kevin O'Donnell, Lisa MarcheseWhat happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, or at least, that's what most people like to believe ... In this seminar, however, we unlock the doors to this legendary city of sin and invite you behind the scenes to hear how the largest casino operator in the world uses brand to compete and win in the fiercely competitive and ever-changing market that is Las Vegas.
- Small Business Series: How to Set Prices the Smart WayBroadcast on 8/17/2007 with Michael GoodmanPricing strategy is the sleeping giant of marketing strategy. The marketing mix element with perhaps the greatest potential to affect the bottom line and properly position a brand or a company with its target audience—yet the one most often relegated to a simple financial or sales decision, without regard for its impact on the brand. This seminar will address the role of pricing as a marketing tool, and ...
- Ten Cravings of Generation X and Y: Satisfying This Young and Lucrative MarketBroadcast on 7/26/2007 with Lisa JohnsonToday's 18-to-40-year-olds are savvy, sophisticated, and immune to conventional marketing strategies. But the buying habits of this lucrative market can be anticipated—and this seminar will reveal what works. Lisa Johnson, author, consumer expert and CEO of the Reach Group, uses her groundbreaking qualitative research, plus dozens of interviews with maverick thinkers to identify this connected generation’s new rules for engagement.
Brand Positioning: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create an Emotional Connection with a CustomerReleased on 5/9/2014 with Christine M. BarneyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three easy steps to determine the type of brand you are, build your brand's reputation, and tune in to your customers' needs. Armed with this knowledge, you'll guarantee the customer experience matches the brand promise and turn fence-sitters into evangelists.
- Take 10: Craft the Perfect Call to ActionReleased on 12/13/2013 with Lois BrayfieldIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to strategically create a call to action your customers will care about and will pay attention to.
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Turn Your Brand Into Eye Candy for Your ConsumersReleased on 6/1/2012 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to proactively prepare your brand for this social visual revolution and ensure that you have a sexy and cohesive brand image that's ready for consumption by your audience.
- Take 10: Four Ways to Monetize Local Daily DealsReleased on 5/18/2012 with Amy FowlerJust like everything else, there's a right way and a wrong way to add daily deals into your marketing mix. In just 10 minutes, you'll learn the right way to make daily deals lucrative for your business.