Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
What You Need to Know About Optimizing Video for MobileMichael LittYour top-of-funnel videos are designed for broad reach, but if the content doesn't load quickly, or if it isn't optimized for mobile, you don't get a chance to impress your ...
Your Essential Guide to Brand Integration on YouTube [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiBoost brand awareness and customer engagement by integrating your brand with a YouTuber's audience.
The Emotions That Make Images Go ViralAyaz NanjiWhat makes an image go viral? Which emotions inspire viewing and sharing? Are people of different ages and genders motivated to share by different factors?
Pinterest for E-Commerce [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWant to create more engagement with your audience? Consider using Pinterest. The online pinning board is becoming a major sales tool for marketers.
#SocialSkim: Robin Williams, Promoted Tweets, a Viral Challenge, Cozying Up to Business, More...Angela NatividadSee how the 'Net and brands celebrated Robin Williams's colorful life. Find out how many marketers have dived into Promoted Tweets, what online challenge is going viral, and how YouTube ...
What the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Us About Content MarketingLauren CovelloThe ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has turned into a viral phenomenon—and a case study for marketers looking to capture audiences' attention. Here's what it can teach us (or remind us) ...
Nine Ways to Improve Your Email DeliverabilityCarol StottEmail marketing is like driving a car, right? You don't need to know how it all works, you just use it. Except when it breaks down... and then you wish ...
In the Content Marketing Kingdom, Third-Party Experts RulePhilip ParanicasThe implied endorsement of third-party experts holds much more weight than anything a company can say about itself. Learn where to find those experts, how to woo them, and how ...
Small YouTube Special Features You've Wrongfully IgnoredAmanda DiSilvestroThese might not be the most popular video features or the most talked-about options, but they can give your video that extra something it needs to stand out from among ...
Using Video in Your Email MarketingJoe ForteA clear call to action (CTA) in email is as vital to ensuring click-throughs as the subject line is to ensuring opens, and video is the king of CTAs.
Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Storytelling and Nonprofit Marketing: Invisible People's Mark Horvath Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMark Horvath, founder of InvisiblePeople.tv, shares advice for marketers on how to share meaningful stories that move people to take action.
Smart Hiring and Quality Content: C.C. Chapman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing expert and frequent speaker C.C. Chapman, co-author of Content Rules and 101 Steps to Making Videos Like a Pro, shares tips for creating quality video content and hiring (and keeping) the best creative talent.
Presentations: 'Show and Tell' Author Dan Roam Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneShow and Tell author Dan Roam explains a new way to craft presentations that will grab (and keep) your audience's attention and inspire them to take action.
The Digital Crown: Author Ahava Leibtag Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneContent strategy expert and author Ahava Leibtag shares practical tips for helping your organization develop a content marketing strategy.
MOOCs for Marketing: Matt Grant Returns to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFormer Marketing Smarts host Matthew T. Grant returns to talk with Kerry O'Shea Gorgone about developing online courses as a form of content marketing for your business.
Your Brand, The Next Media Company: Michael Brito Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Brito discusses why companies need to become publishers, and how they can transform their organizations to embrace this change.
Becoming a Social Business: Marcus Nelson of Addvocate Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarcus Nelson, founder of Addvocate, shares insights into how companies can empower employees as brand advocates (and why they should)!
Audience-Centric Marketing: Tom Webster Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Webster, vice-president of marketing and strategy at Edison Research, explains the simple shift in thinking that can help marketers to create more effective messages.
Supercharge Your Storytelling: Burt Herman of Storify Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBurt Herman, co-founder of Storify, explains how to curate quality content using a mix of social media feeds, how technology has changed journalism, and what marketers can learn from the evolution of social.
Mastering the Invisible Sale: Tom Martin Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Martin—founder of Converse Digital and author of The Invisible Sale—discusses his secrets for using content and social networking to drive business growth without cold calls, advertising, or pitching.
Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Convergence Imperative: How Social, Content, and PR Combine for Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 8/7/2014 with Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll gain a deep understanding of how success in search requires the combination of 'holy smokes' content, strong social media, and brilliant PR. You'll learn how to apply this effective combination to your online and offline marketing efforts.
- The Fifth P of Marketing: People, Email, and the Shifting Power ParadigmBroadcast on 6/24/2014 with Christopher LesterJoin us for this free seminar to learn best practices and proven strategies for creating small but meaningful conversions at every point in your multi-channel marketing strategy. We'll share insightful statistics and inspiring examples from successful brands that use their channels (with email marketing at the center) to leverage the power of their customers and fans. Sponsored by Emma
- How to Create a Content Marketing Culture for Real Traffic, Leads, and SalesBroadcast on 6/10/2014 with Marcus Sheridan, Bairam RizaiThis free seminar will discuss how you can build a culture of content within your organization. You'll learn proven content strategies that have helped drive leads and sales for hundreds of businesses.
- Using Visual Stories to Create an Urge to ActBroadcast on 4/24/2014 with Andrew DavisThis PRO seminar will reveal the secrets to creating great video stories that actually drive revenue.
- Content Marketing Trends to Kick-Start Your Communications PlanBroadcast on 1/16/2014 with Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to give your communications plan a kick-start. Join us to draw inspiration from the best approaches and tactics in content marketing today.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Make Your Content the Belle of the Marketing BallBroadcast on 12/5/2013 with Andy FordThis PRO seminar and live kickoff class for MarketingProfs University's Content Marketing Crash Course will focus on current tools and best practices that will help you drive great content to your target audience.
- Taming the Content Beast: How to Avoid Content Creation OverloadBroadcast on 8/29/2013 with Kim GustaIn this PRO seminar, you'll get actionable advice on how to efficiently engage your buyers—and avoid feeling overwhelmed—when compelling content is on the menu.
- Getting Flexible: Working Content into Responsive DesignBroadcast on 4/18/2013 with Sara Wachter-BoettcherThis PRO seminar will teach you how to incorporate your content strategy into responsive design effectively.
- How to Stand Out, Get Results, and Have Fun With Your Content MarketingBroadcast on 2/28/2013 with Hunter BoyleIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore several great marketing campaigns that took a personable approach to content marketing. You'll see what worked (and what didn't) and you'll walk away with proven tips to take your content to the next level.
- MarketingProfs University: The Daring Brand's Guide to Creating Content Worth SharingBroadcast on 12/6/2012 with Ann HandleyIn this PRO seminar, MarketingProfs chief content officer and Content Rules co-author Ann Handley will share her philosophy about what brands like yours need to do to fully embrace content marketing to create content worth sharing.
Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Map Your Skills to Boost Your Content Project SuccessReleased on 6/27/2014 with Melissa BrekerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which skills and character traits you can map to your content projects to boost effectiveness. You'll walk away with tools, tips, and tricks to use in your content projects, as well as understanding which pitfalls to avoid.
- Take 10: Stop Wasting Your PowerPoints! How to Squeeze All the Good Stuff OutReleased on 5/16/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to extend the reach of your PowerPoint presentation through various social tools, resulting in more views and greater interest in your brand or service. You'll be able to put the content you've already created to work right away with these easy, yet effective, tips.
- Take 10: How to Create Simple and Effective Video Presentations on a BudgetReleased on 5/2/2014 with Neil WalkerIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to create highly engaging screen presentation videos that are easy, inexpensive, and don't require you to be in front of the camera.
- Take 10: Three Steps to Optimize Your Lead Nurturing ContentReleased on 12/20/2013 with Gretchen ScheimanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three steps for optimizing your lead nurturing content to your target audience, so you can help drive prospects closer to a sale.
- Take 10: Appealing to The Ego to Get Great ContentReleased on 11/1/2013 with Ian GreenleighIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss four proven ways to create powerful "ego cycles" by accessing the egos of influencers and of your target audience.
- Take 10: Tips for Driving Demand and Lead Generation Through Content SyndicationReleased on 8/16/2013 with Todd BlochIn just 10 minutes, you'll receive valuable, actionable advice and tangible examples for identifying and approaching appropriate outlets to market your new campaign effectively. You'll learn best practices for cultivating media partnerships with a variety of content marketing sources to generate fresh leads, acquire new customers, and ultimately, help scale your campaigns.
- Take 10: How to Create Mobile Friendly ContentReleased on 4/26/2013 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll get some easy tips on how to make your content mobile-friendly and easily digestible for your customers.
- Take 10: Five Keys to Creating Case Studies That SellReleased on 3/22/2013 with Gail Z. MartinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five quick and easy ways to put case studies to use for your business. You'll walk away with tactical advice for making your case studies stand out and achieving big sales results.
- Take 10: How to Humanize Your Brand Through VideoReleased on 2/8/2013 with Tim WasherIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to connect with your customers using relevant and appealing video content that does more than just push your products.
- Take 10 Video Series: Ten Tips for Making Your Content Marketing Portal a SuccessReleased on 1/4/2013 with Frank DaysFrom choosing the right domain name and picking your keyword, to determining and measuring goals, you'll discover ten tips about where to focus your efforts that will put you on the path to content marketing success.
Content: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.