Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Four Ways to Help Guest Writers Contribute Great Content for Your Company BlogLisa KasanickyA company's blog is no longer the voice of one person. It's the voice of many telling the story of your brand. How can you keep your blog current and ...
#SocialSkim: A Social Nobel, Facebook Stickers, a Twitter-Rich Bing, and More!Angela NatividadGet the latest on the Nobel Peace Prize winners, Facebook Stickers, improving your Pinterest SEO, and an exhilaratingly scary South Korean guerrilla stunt. Skim it to take a social leap!
The Disconnect Between Marketers and IT BuyersAyaz NanjiTechnology marketers are increasingly focused on one-sided content tactics even though IT buyers remain heavily dependent on community-driven information to make purchasing decisions, according to a recent report from Spiceworks.
Presentations Gone Wrong: Five Rules for Avoiding a Really Bad PresentationPooja LohanaWe've all heard presenters who apparently forgot that a tool such as PowerPoint is just a medium for re-enforcing what they have to say. Instead, text-laden slides take center stage—a ...
2015 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and TrendsVahe HabeshianB2C content marketers struggle with effectively tracking their content marketing ROI, according to the findings of the fifth annual content marketing study by MarketingProfs and the Content Marketing Institute.
What You Need to Do to Become a Thought LeaderEd BarksLet's take a look at three content delivery approaches you can use to launch a thought leadership campaign for yourself or the executives you advise.
#SocialSkim: Facebook Interest Lists, Pinterest Picks, Socnets Teens Like, More!Angela NatividadEvery week brings us fresh social surprises. This week, we'll show you the latest offerings and campaigns from Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram; a gorgeous kickoff video for the launch ...
How to Innovate Your Email Marketing: Unlock the Fourth Type of CampaignMichael FisherInnovation in email marketing is tied to the customer conversation. If marketers don't keep their end of the conversation up between purchase cycles, they risk becoming irrelevant or forgotten.
Five Email Mistakes Even the Experts MakeAmanda KiviahoEven the most experienced email marketers make mistakes—sometimes time and again. This article discusses five such mistakes and offers tips so you don't sacrifice your emails to the junk folder.
Are Consumers Willing to Pay for Content From Online Publishers?Ayaz NanjiSome 40% of US consumers say they currently pay for news, fashion, sports, or business digital content, even though 70% say they access those categories of content online regularly, according ...
Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Omnichannel Marketing for Brands: Mark Schaefer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, speaker, and author Mark W. Schaefer discusses omnichannel marketing for brands, content shock, Big Data, and more.
Storytelling and Nonprofit Marketing: Invisible People's Mark Horvath Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMark Horvath, founder of InvisiblePeople.tv, shares advice for marketers on how to share meaningful stories that move people to take action.
Smart Hiring and Quality Content: C.C. Chapman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing expert and frequent speaker C.C. Chapman, co-author of Content Rules and 101 Steps to Making Videos Like a Pro, shares tips for creating quality video content and hiring (and keeping) the best creative talent.
Presentations: 'Show and Tell' Author Dan Roam Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneShow and Tell author Dan Roam explains a new way to craft presentations that will grab (and keep) your audience's attention and inspire them to take action.
The Digital Crown: Author Ahava Leibtag Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneContent strategy expert and author Ahava Leibtag shares practical tips for helping your organization develop a content marketing strategy.
MOOCs for Marketing: Matt Grant Returns to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFormer Marketing Smarts host Matthew T. Grant returns to talk with Kerry O'Shea Gorgone about developing online courses as a form of content marketing for your business.
Your Brand, The Next Media Company: Michael Brito Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Brito discusses why companies need to become publishers, and how they can transform their organizations to embrace this change.
Becoming a Social Business: Marcus Nelson of Addvocate Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarcus Nelson, founder of Addvocate, shares insights into how companies can empower employees as brand advocates (and why they should)!
Audience-Centric Marketing: Tom Webster Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Webster, vice-president of marketing and strategy at Edison Research, explains the simple shift in thinking that can help marketers to create more effective messages.
Supercharge Your Storytelling: Burt Herman of Storify Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBurt Herman, co-founder of Storify, explains how to curate quality content using a mix of social media feeds, how technology has changed journalism, and what marketers can learn from the evolution of social.
Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: Capitalize on the Content Marketing ObsessionBroadcast on 10/2/2014 with Ginger ConlonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the core elements of a lucrative content strategy so you can successfully capitalize on the current content marketing obsession.
- Relevance is the Key to a Competitive Content StrategyBroadcast on 9/25/2014 with Ardath AlbeeIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain what it takes to achieve the level of relevance needed in this real-time environment to turn prospects into buyers. We'll discuss why relevance requires marketers to look beyond the one-off campaign approach to a more continuum approach that builds a story. You'll leave with several key skills that will help you improve the effectiveness of your content marketing efforts.
- How to Create Amazing Blog Content That Gets Seen and SharedBroadcast on 8/21/2014 with Mack CollierIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to take your blog from an afterthought to one of your most powerful customer acquisition tools. You'll learn how to maximize your business blogging efforts, write more compelling content, and organize posts that your customers will read, act on, and share. Plus, you'll learn how to create attention-grabbing headlines that are optimized for social sharing and will improve your search engine ranking.
- The Convergence Imperative: How Social, Content, and PR Combine for Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 8/7/2014 with Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll gain a deep understanding of how success in search requires the combination of 'holy smokes' content, strong social media, and brilliant PR. You'll learn how to apply this effective combination to your online and offline marketing efforts.
- Using Visual Stories to Create an Urge to ActBroadcast on 4/24/2014 with Andrew DavisThis PRO seminar will reveal the secrets to creating great video stories that actually drive revenue.
- Content Marketing Trends to Kick-Start Your Communications PlanBroadcast on 1/16/2014 with Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to give your communications plan a kick-start. Join us to draw inspiration from the best approaches and tactics in content marketing today.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Make Your Content the Belle of the Marketing BallBroadcast on 12/5/2013 with Andy FordThis PRO seminar and live kickoff class for MarketingProfs University's Content Marketing Crash Course will focus on current tools and best practices that will help you drive great content to your target audience.
- Taming the Content Beast: How to Avoid Content Creation OverloadBroadcast on 8/29/2013 with Kim GustaIn this PRO seminar, you'll get actionable advice on how to efficiently engage your buyers—and avoid feeling overwhelmed—when compelling content is on the menu.
- Getting Flexible: Working Content into Responsive DesignBroadcast on 4/18/2013 with Sara Wachter-BoettcherThis PRO seminar will teach you how to incorporate your content strategy into responsive design effectively.
- How to Stand Out, Get Results, and Have Fun With Your Content MarketingBroadcast on 2/28/2013 with Hunter BoyleIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore several great marketing campaigns that took a personable approach to content marketing. You'll see what worked (and what didn't) and you'll walk away with proven tips to take your content to the next level.
Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: No More Boring Blogs—Top Five Content Ideas for Your B2B BlogReleased on 8/22/2014 with MaryAnn PfeifferIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to write an inspiring B2B blog that's NOT boring. You'll learn the top five content ideas you can use right away, and understand why and how the right kind of content can help your blog grow your business.
- Take 10: How to Map Your Skills to Boost Your Content Project SuccessReleased on 6/27/2014 with Melissa BrekerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which skills and character traits you can map to your content projects to boost effectiveness. You'll walk away with tools, tips, and tricks to use in your content projects, as well as understanding which pitfalls to avoid.
- Take 10: Stop Wasting Your PowerPoints! How to Squeeze All the Good Stuff OutReleased on 5/16/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to extend the reach of your PowerPoint presentation through various social tools, resulting in more views and greater interest in your brand or service. You'll be able to put the content you've already created to work right away with these easy, yet effective, tips.
- Take 10: How to Create Simple and Effective Video Presentations on a BudgetReleased on 5/2/2014 with Neil WalkerIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to create highly engaging screen presentation videos that are easy, inexpensive, and don't require you to be in front of the camera.
- Take 10: Three Steps to Optimize Your Lead Nurturing ContentReleased on 12/20/2013 with Gretchen ScheimanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three steps for optimizing your lead nurturing content to your target audience, so you can help drive prospects closer to a sale.
- Take 10: Appealing to the Ego to Get Great ContentReleased on 11/1/2013 with Ian GreenleighIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss four proven ways to create powerful "ego cycles" by accessing the egos of influencers and of your target audience.
- Take 10: Tips for Driving Demand and Lead Generation Through Content SyndicationReleased on 8/16/2013 with Todd BlochIn just 10 minutes, you'll receive valuable, actionable advice and tangible examples for identifying and approaching appropriate outlets to market your new campaign effectively. You'll learn best practices for cultivating media partnerships with a variety of content marketing sources to generate fresh leads, acquire new customers, and ultimately, help scale your campaigns.
- Take 10: How to Create Mobile Friendly ContentReleased on 4/26/2013 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll get some easy tips on how to make your content mobile-friendly and easily digestible for your customers.
- Take 10: Five Keys to Creating Case Studies That SellReleased on 3/22/2013 with Gail Z. MartinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five quick and easy ways to put case studies to use for your business. You'll walk away with tactical advice for making your case studies stand out and achieving big sales results.
- Take 10: How to Humanize Your Brand Through VideoReleased on 2/8/2013 with Tim WasherIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to connect with your customers using relevant and appealing video content that does more than just push your products.
Content: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.