Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: More Ways to Sell Directly on Twitter, Plus 10 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadTwitter's Buy Now button is now easier to access. Also: Facebook's new GIF-style profile photos and TV-targeting tools, your content in an AdBlock era, Twitter's possible move into long-form content, ...
20 Email Marketing Tips to Boost Engagement and ReadershipJulia McCoyEspecially if you're targeting the twenty- and thirty-somethings who make up the core of the Millennial demographic, here's a handful of email marketing tips that will help you to boost ...
Nine Checkout Optimization Tips to Reduce Shopping Cart AbandonmentKhalid SalehAfter all the effort you put into optimizing your e-commerce pages, it is truly disheartening to see two-thirds of your potential customers abandon their online shopping carts. But you can ...
2016 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and TrendsAnn HandleyHow do B2B marketers measure content marketing success? Which metric do they say is most important? Which tactics do they use? What increases content effectiveness? What do the most effective ...
Seven Ways to Ensure Fans Don't Miss Your Facebook Page UpdatesTom TreanorAre you tired of reaching less than 5% of your fans with your Facebook page posts? If so, then you need to find new ways to get your updates in ...
Content Moderation: Who Needs It and How You Can Use UGC SuccessfullyJosh BuxbaumPutting your brand in the hands of the public can be dangerous, but the power of user-generated content (UGC) is real. If done correctly, with precautions in place, it can ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook Signal Helps Journalists Find You, Plus More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadLearn about Facebook Signal (and how to get journalists interested in your content). Also: Facebook's 360° videos, how the Emmys did on social, Dropbox's new tools for teams, and Atlas, ...
Three Ways to Make Your Email Stand OutSean GordonSalespeople and marketers need to make sure their emails cut through the noise of a busy inbox. These tips will help you craft emails that encourage opens, generate interest, and ...
How to Use Video Emails, and Why You ShouldMatthew TurnerWe receive thousands of marketing messages each day, so we don't trust marketers' emails or TV commercials or Internet ads. But people trust people who take the time to share ...
All You Need to Know to Share Your Videos on Social Networks [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiKeep track of social networks' standards, formats, lengths, and sizes for video by using this all-in-one social video infographic.
Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Own Your Content Marketing: Owner Media CEO Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Video]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris discusses his forthcoming book, Insider: Strategies and Secrets for Business Growth in the Age of Distractions. He also shares his incredibly successful approach to email and how he has used content marketing.
The Secret to Sales Success: Jill Konrath and Donal Daly on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBestselling authors Jill Konrath (Selling to Big Companies) and Donal Daly (Account Planning in Salesforce) explain how sales managers can set their teams up to succeed in the era of modern, customer-centric marketing.
Books, the Ultimate Content Marketing: Wiley's David Palmer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDavid Palmer, marketing director at Wiley, oversees Dummies B2B and the For Dummies, Business, and Education product lines. He explains how B2B marketers can use books and other content to make themselves indispensable to their audience.
Mastering the Content Code: Mark Schaefer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, speaker, and educator Mark Schaefer discusses his latest book, The Content Code, and shares secrets for igniting your content so you can break through the deafening noise and achieve marketing success.
Marketing That Surprises: A Special Guest Host Takes Over Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn line with the theme of this episode—marketing that surprises—as well as the day it airs (April Fools' Day), a surprise host takes over Marketing Smarts to discuss campaigns that surprise and (sometimes) delight!
The Art of Social Media: Viral Virtuoso Guy Kawasaki on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGuy Kawasaki, chief evangelist at Canva and author of 13 books, shares tips on content marketing and social media, and discusses how to spot a winning startup.
Rock 'n' Roll 'n' Social Media: Jason Miller of LinkedIn Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJason Miller of LinkedIn offers tips for content marketing and the effective use of LinkedIn, and shares insights from his new book, Welcome to the Funnel: Proven Tactics to Turn Your Content and Social Media Up to 11.
The Secret to Shareable Content: Syed Balkhi Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEntrepreneur Syed Balkhi, creator of popular sites List25 and WPBeginner, shares tips for creating shareable content.
Omnichannel Marketing for Brands: Mark Schaefer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, speaker, and author Mark W. Schaefer discusses omnichannel marketing for brands, content shock, Big Data, and more.
Storytelling and Nonprofit Marketing: Invisible People's Mark Horvath Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMark Horvath, founder of InvisiblePeople.tv, shares advice for marketers on how to share meaningful stories that move people to take action.
Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Creating Trustworthy ContentBroadcast on 10/1/2015 with Gerry McGovernIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create an online customer experience that's based on trust. You'll walk away knowing how to create trustworthy content and armed with a solid understanding of guidelines for creating no-fluff content that your customers will use and believe in.
- How to Use Video to Ensure a Great Buying ExperienceBroadcast on 9/10/2015 with Rocky WallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use video to engage prospects through each step of the sales and marketing funnel (and in turn, allow you to better qualify leads and pass them to your sales team with more confidence). We'll share how to ensure your videos are contributing directly to your business objectives and provide you with practical tips on how to create an effective video production plan that you can put into action immediately.
- How to Build Your Podcast BrandBroadcast on 7/23/2015 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, we'll walk you through how to get started in podcasting—from understanding its current state to the mechanics and equipment needed to begin. You'll learn how to develop a podcast that both aligns with your brand promise and engages your audience. We'll also share techniques on how to turn your current listeners into brand advocates, and you'll walk away with actionable tips you can start using right away to take your podcast from good to great.
- MarketingProfs University: The Ultimate Recipe for a Great Brand StoryBroadcast on 6/11/2015 with Meg TrippIn this PRO seminar, we'll guide you through the brand storytelling tips, tools, and techniques you'll need to create something your audience can't resist—and that they won't get tired of sharing.
- Breathe New Life Into Your BlogBroadcast on 5/21/2015 with Christina IngeIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the secrets of making your blog better than ever. From getting more people to read your posts to proving the ROI of blogging with lead generation techniques, you'll walk away with ideas that will make your blog more than nice-to-have—it'll be a cornerstone of sales growth.
- Hooked: How to Create Addictive Content for Your BrandBroadcast on 4/16/2015 with Andrew DavisIn this PRO seminar, Andrew Davis will discuss six simple secrets to create a hook—a twist on a familiar theme designed to catch and keep your audience's attention. He'll share personal lessons learned that you can apply to your content strategy and teach you the A-to-Zs to building your list, driving new revenue, and solidifying a true relationship with an ever-growing fanbase.
- How to Create Visual Content That Gets Shared and Drives TrafficBroadcast on 11/6/2014 with Donna MoritzIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the principles of using visual content and how it can contribute to your overall marketing mix. We'll discuss the key elements to creating visual content that drives traffic, and provide you with tactical tips on how to achieve maximum impact in minimum time.
- MarketingProfs University: Capitalize on the Content Marketing ObsessionBroadcast on 10/2/2014 with Ginger ConlonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the core elements of a lucrative content strategy so you can successfully capitalize on the current content marketing obsession.
- Relevance is the Key to a Competitive Content StrategyBroadcast on 9/25/2014 with Ardath AlbeeIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain what it takes to achieve the level of relevance needed in this real-time environment to turn prospects into buyers. We'll discuss why relevance requires marketers to look beyond the one-off campaign approach to a more continuum approach that builds a story. You'll leave with several key skills that will help you improve the effectiveness of your content marketing efforts.
- How to Create Amazing Blog Content That Gets Seen and SharedBroadcast on 8/21/2014 with Mack CollierIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to take your blog from an afterthought to one of your most powerful customer acquisition tools. You'll learn how to maximize your business blogging efforts, write more compelling content, and organize posts that your customers will read, act on, and share. Plus, you'll learn how to create attention-grabbing headlines that are optimized for social sharing and will improve your search engine ranking.
Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Gets NoticedReleased on 9/18/2015 with Nash RigginsIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through three simple steps to ensure your press releases make it to print. You'll learn how to craft a newsworthy angle, adhere to universal journalistic guidelines, and give editors just the right amount of spice to help your press release stand out from the rest.
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
- Take 10: How to Beat the Weekly Deadline Blues (and Get Ahead!)Released on 5/1/2015 with Roger C. ParkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to map out your editorial calendar for the year with 12 easy, monthly decisions instead of 52 weekly decisions. With the innovative ideas and tips covered in this Take 10, you'll be able to effortlessly manage your daily and weekly marketing activities.
- Take 10: How to Create a YouTube Content Library With Google Hangouts On AirReleased on 4/17/2015 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the basic framework to build a content library of video with Google Hangouts On Air. This free and easy tool syncs up with your branded YouTube channel so you can build a content library with the support of experts, vendors, customers, and more. You'll also learn how to turn these videos into additional pieces of content to connect your brand with your target audience. And bonus—it'll help boost your SEO, too!
- Take 10: How to Make Your Graphs and Charts Effective Communication ToolsReleased on 4/3/2015 with Richard GoringIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to achieve more with your graphs and charts. You'll learn how to create and use visuals in PowerPoint more effectively, which graphs you should use to illustrate your data, as well as how to avoid common mistakes.
- Take 10: How to Guide Customers Through Your ContentReleased on 12/5/2014 with Melissa BrekerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss the various stages of the customer journey and five considerations to help improve your conversion rate. You'll walk away with a framework to assess your current content and determine where there are opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Take 10: Five Scannable Hot Spots in Your Copy That Boost ResponseReleased on 11/7/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to highlight the key selling points and calls to action by strategically placing them in the five hot spots your readers' eyes gravitate to. You'll walk away with tips on how to develop more persuasive and effective copy that is organized in a way that will encourage response.
- Take 10: No More Boring Blogs—Top Five Content Ideas for Your B2B BlogReleased on 8/22/2014 with MaryAnn PfeifferIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to write an inspiring B2B blog that's NOT boring. You'll learn the top five content ideas you can use right away, and understand why and how the right kind of content can help your blog grow your business.
- Take 10: How to Map Your Skills to Boost Your Content Project SuccessReleased on 6/27/2014 with Melissa BrekerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which skills and character traits you can map to your content projects to boost effectiveness. You'll walk away with tools, tips, and tricks to use in your content projects, as well as understanding which pitfalls to avoid.
- Take 10: Stop Wasting Your PowerPoints! How to Squeeze All the Good Stuff OutReleased on 5/16/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to extend the reach of your PowerPoint presentation through various social tools, resulting in more views and greater interest in your brand or service. You'll be able to put the content you've already created to work right away with these easy, yet effective, tips.
Content: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.