Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Improve Your Tech Marketing Videos With E-Learning InsightsBruce McKenzieGetting people to grasp new ideas and ways of doing things is especially critical to the sales process in tech companies. Which is why applying teaching and learning principles to ...
How to Write a B2B Explainer Video Script That ConvertsColin HoganYou market and sell to businesses. So, if you're going to create B2B sales and marketing material (which—make no mistake—your explainer video is), keep in mind these five tips for ...
Story-Driven Data Visualization? Yep, That's a Thing, and Here's How You Do ItMatt WellschlagerB2B marketers live in a world powered by stats and facts; no wonder data visualization has become a thing, especially since so many people are visual learners. But data visualization ...
2017 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and TrendsAnn HandleyB2B marketers are finding success with content marketing: 62% of B2B marketers in North America say their organization's overall approach to content marketing has been much more or somewhat more ...
Instagram Stories vs. Snapchat: Which Is Better for Your Marketing Needs? [Infographic]Verónica JarskiInstagram Stories or Snapchat? Marketers now have another option for a social platform for limited-time photos and videos. So, which one will work best for your marketing?
#SocialSkim: Twitter Rebuilding, Google Rejoins Messaging Wars: 13 Stories This WeekChristian NeriTwitter just helped brands become more customer-service-friendly, launched a live-streaming app, and finally expanded its character limit. Also: Google's new Allo app takes on Facebook Messenger, the new Instagram feature ...
Seven Ways Newsletter Marketing Still Works for Professional Services ProvidersSteve KlinghofferMarketing rules and tactics for professional services providers (accountants, attorneys, physicians, dentists...) are often different from those for product or service marketers. Here's how newsletters work exceptionally well for professional ...
How to Write an Email That Gets Opened, Read, and Responded to [Infographic]Verónica JarskiAbout 205.6 billion emails are sent every day. Spare yours the fate of not being read! Follow these quick tips for writing a captivating email that inspires action.
Don't Be Cheap With Your Landing Pages: Three Contrarian Ways to Improve ThemAssaf DudaiUntil the Perfect Landing Page is created—an imaginary creature, no doubt—we will continue tweaking and testing and arguing the merits and faults of every landing page element. But these three ...
#SocialSkim: Apple Takes Aim at Facebook's WhatsApp, Plus 12 More Stories This WeekChristian NeriThis week's social roundup is all about community (and money). Apple puts Facebook's WhatsApp and other messaging platforms in its crosshairs, while YouTube introduces a new community feature. Also: Facebook's ...
Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Combat Email-Induced Insanity: SaneBox's Dmitri Leonov on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSaneBox COO Dmitri Leonov discusses email overload and offers suggestions for marketers hoping to keep their emails from being funneled into the "Later" folder.
Get With the Program(matic): Daniel Bornstein of Demand Media on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGain insight into programmatic advertising and sponsored content from Daniel Bornstein, senior vice-president of media monetization and operations at Demand Media, a holding company that owns ehow, LIVESTRONG, and CRACKED.
For Marketing Success, the Rx Is UX: Tracy Rosecrans of Healthline on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTracy Rosecrans, SVP of marketing and product for Healthline media, explains how she used content, UX, and SEO to transform Healthline.com into the fastest-growing health information site in the US, with more than 40 million monthly unique views.
How to Scale Your Lead Nurturing With Content Curation: Alicianne Rand of NewsCred on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNewsCred VP of Marketing Alicianne Rand discusses lead nurturing, content strategy, curation, and licensing.
Use Storytelling to Enhance Your Marketing: Ron Ploof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneStory expert Ron Ploof explains how brands (B2B and B2C alike) can create more effective marketing pieces by applying the fundamentals of storytelling to their content marketing.
Own Your Content Marketing: Owner Media CEO Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Video]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris discusses his forthcoming book, Insider: Strategies and Secrets for Business Growth in the Age of Distractions. He also shares his incredibly successful approach to email and how he has used content marketing.
The Secret to Sales Success: Jill Konrath and Donal Daly on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBestselling authors Jill Konrath (Selling to Big Companies) and Donal Daly (Account Planning in Salesforce) explain how sales managers can set their teams up to succeed in the era of modern, customer-centric marketing.
Books, the Ultimate Content Marketing: Wiley's David Palmer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDavid Palmer, marketing director at Wiley, oversees Dummies B2B and the For Dummies, Business, and Education product lines. He explains how B2B marketers can use books and other content to make themselves indispensable to their audience.
Mastering the Content Code: Mark Schaefer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, speaker, and educator Mark Schaefer discusses his latest book, The Content Code, and shares secrets for igniting your content so you can break through the deafening noise and achieve marketing success.
Marketing That Surprises: A Special Guest Host Takes Over Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn line with the theme of this episode—marketing that surprises—as well as the day it airs (April Fools' Day), a surprise host takes over Marketing Smarts to discuss campaigns that surprise and (sometimes) delight!
Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Make Your Copy Mobile-FriendlyBroadcast on 9/8/2016 with Roberta RosenbergIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to craft copy that gets noticed, read, and acted upon in the small screen confines of the mobile environment. We'll also share when to use pictures to tell your story and how to 'front load' important content your prospects won't miss during a quick scan. You'll leave with copywriting best practices and tips you can apply right away.
- The Broken Promise of Digital: Making the Customer the Center of What We DoBroadcast on 7/14/2016 with Scott MontyIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the pitfalls of getting lured into the same old same old, and give you new ideas to execute a customer-centric strategy. From listening, to understanding motivations and preferences, to the fundamentals of creating engaging content, you'll learn the importance of building trust and capturing attention regardless of the platform. We'll show you how to put humanity back into digital marketing!
- Get Scrappy: Smarter Digital Marketing for Businesses Big and SmallBroadcast on 6/23/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, you'll discover how getting 'scrappy' can help you put brains before budget and simplify your marketing in today's complex world. We'll share a range of strategic frameworks as well as tactical tips that will provide you with a reliable system for rethinking marketing as marketing re-thinks itself.
- MarketingProfs University: Establish Your Message ArchitectureBroadcast on 6/2/2016 with Margot BloomsteinIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to prioritize communication goals—ideal whether you manage web, social media, or print collateral. We'll discuss how simple tools like a gap analysis and content audit can reveal easily missed opportunities. You'll leave with the savvy to bring brand-driven content strategy techniques and thinking into your own work.
- Unthinkable: How the World's Most Creative Marketers Do What Others Don't DareBroadcast on 5/19/2016 with Jay AcunzoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore how some of the world's most creative marketers earn attention. We'll share why we need to step back from our obsession with best practices, and what to do instead. You'll leave with ideas inspired by case studies on how do the unthinkable and create better content marketing that actually stands out.
- 53 Content Marketing Hacks to Double Your Engagement RatesBroadcast on 5/5/2016 with Matt HeinzIn this PRO seminar, we'll cut through the clutter and share dozens of tactical, proven best practices that will help you accelerate the production and results of your content marketing efforts. We'll show you how to create a scalable system that can be customized to your content marketing and business objectives. You'll leave with 50+ tools, tips, and hacks to increase your content marketing success.
- From Storytelling to Story-Selling: How to Tell Customer-Centric StoriesBroadcast on 4/28/2016 with Bobby LehewIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore multiple methods for creating a compelling narrative—including the Monomytch method and the Narrative Wheel, an ancient technique developed by Native American storytellers. We'll cover Kurt Vonnegut's story shapes, and you'll learn how to brush off those stale mission and vision statements. You'll also learn how to rewind myths, retell history, and foretell the future by crafting customer-centric stories that cut through the noise and allow customers to speak for themselves.
- How to Use Media Relations to Drive SEOBroadcast on 4/7/2016 with Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use content and traditional media relations to get on the first page of Google results for your priority keywords. We'll also share how to build brand awareness and increase your domain authority, as well as what to include in your content map to continuously generate new ideas.
- MarketingProfs University: The Secret's in the SauceBroadcast on 12/17/2015 with Ann HandleyIn this PRO seminar, we'll deliver the keys to creating better content. With equal doses of humor, inspiration, and how-to, Ann Handley will share the secret ingredient to making your content stand out in a way that's uniquely yours.
- Discover and Tell Your Business StoryBroadcast on 10/15/2015 with Ron PloofIn this PRO seminar, business storyteller Ron Ploof will explain how to discover and tell your business story. He'll share how to transform messages into compelling narratives that persuade audiences to take action, whether it's buying your product, adopting a new concept, or changing their behavior.
Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: A Step-by-Step Guide to Launching an Employee Advocacy ProgramReleased on 9/23/2016 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, we'll go through the seven steps you need to launch an engaging and highly successful employee advocacy program. You'll learn how to define success, create a content strategy, and get the right people involved from the start so your program can grow.
- Take 10: Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Bounce RatesReleased on 3/18/2016 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to lower your bounce rates. We'll discuss the importance of great copy, common layout and navigation issues, and little-known pitfalls that could cause visitors to leave.
- Take 10: Nine Things to Remove From Your WebsiteReleased on 3/11/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn just 10 minutes, we'll ask the tough questions about your website content including: do you really want people to click that? And does it even work as website content? From press releases and email links, to PDFs and cat videos, we'll show you nine things to remove from your website so you'll want to run (not walk) to your content management system for immediate changes.
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: 10 Tips for Creating Quality Video on Your SmartphoneReleased on 12/18/2015 with Rocky WallsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share simple, straight-to-the-point tips for creating high-quality video using your smartphone. From shooting, to sharing, to editing, you'll leave with actionable tactics you can put to use right away.
- Take 10: Make the Most of Pinterest—How to Harness the Power of Pins for Real ROIReleased on 11/20/2015 with Dana KellyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through Pinterest's content best practices and share effective content distribution tactics. You'll learn which content trends can help drive growth in your own Pinterest community. We'll give you the tools and tips you need to achieve positive ROI from your Pinterest efforts.
- Take 10: Repurpose Content for Your BlogReleased on 11/13/2015 with Allie Gray FreelandIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to save time and resources by maximizing the lifetime value of your pre-existing content. We'll walk you through how to repurpose content for your blog, so you can breathe new life into press releases, sales decks, customer service transcripts, social content, and more.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Gets NoticedReleased on 9/18/2015 with Nash RigginsIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through three simple steps to ensure your press releases make it to print. You'll learn how to craft a newsworthy angle, adhere to universal journalistic guidelines, and give editors just the right amount of spice to help your press release stand out from the rest.
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
- Take 10: How to Beat the Weekly Deadline Blues (and Get Ahead!)Released on 5/1/2015 with Roger C. ParkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to map out your editorial calendar for the year with 12 easy, monthly decisions instead of 52 weekly decisions. With the innovative ideas and tips covered in this Take 10, you'll be able to effortlessly manage your daily and weekly marketing activities.
Content: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.