Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Most Trusted Channels for Branded ContentAyaz NanjiConsumers say Facebook is the channel in which they are most likely to trust content created by a brand/company, according to a recent report from The Acquity Group.
How to Supercharge Your Marketing With Visual Storytelling [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiPeople love visuals and stories, so combine both in visual storytelling and watch your content's reach and conversion multiply. Here are 14 tips to inspire your visual storytelling.
Seven Tools for Creating Infographics Without Using PhotoshopTamas TorokThis article will compare various tools for creating infographics to help you find the right tool for your own infographic marketing needs.
Three Easy Tips for Hyper-Personal Push NotificationsMomchil KyurkchievFor marketers considering push notifications in their mobile marketing strategy, these tips for triggering hyper-personalized notifications will help build brand loyalty, as opposed to pushing users away.
How to Use Analytics to Prove the Impact of YouTube MarketingMark HansenAre people watching your videos? If so, who is watching? And what are they doing after they watch? Here's how to use YouTube Analytics and Google Analytics to understand the ...
The Three Keys to Mastering Marketing in Today's Noisy MarketplaceLinda PopkyToday's marketing environment is noisy and crowded. We have so many new techniques to promote our products and services that the chaos and clutter are getting worse. How do you ...
How B2B Content Marketers Are Missing the MarkAyaz NanjiB2B content marketers are intent on pushing their products/services in content pieces whereas their audience is looking for substantive ideas, according to a recent report from The Economist Group and ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook E-Shops, Plus 14 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadLearn how Facebook plans to own the entire consumer journey. (Yes, we'll talk about Moneypenny, too.) Also: tools that'll up your GIF game, create instant replays, and save Periscope videos; ...
Three SEO Pitfalls That Will Wreck Your WebsiteBrad ShorrMany factors go into on-site optimization, but three items stand out as not only crucial but also frequently shortchanged or completely overlooked. Here's how you can give each its due ...
How Marketers and Bloggers Are Working TogetherAyaz NanjiHow are marketers finding bloggers to work with? Which metrics are being used to measure the success of partnerships? Whom do bloggers like to partner with?
Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Books, the Ultimate Content Marketing: Wiley's David Palmer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDavid Palmer, marketing director at Wiley, oversees Dummies B2B and the For Dummies, Business, and Education product lines. He explains how B2B marketers can use books and other content to make themselves indispensable to their audience.
Mastering the Content Code: Mark Schaefer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, speaker, and educator Mark Schaefer discusses his latest book, The Content Code, and shares secrets for igniting your content so you can break through the deafening noise and achieve marketing success.
Marketing That Surprises: A Special Guest Host Takes Over Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn line with the theme of this episode—marketing that surprises—as well as the day it airs (April Fools' Day), a surprise host takes over Marketing Smarts to discuss campaigns that surprise and (sometimes) delight!
The Art of Social Media: Viral Virtuoso Guy Kawasaki on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGuy Kawasaki, chief evangelist at Canva and author of 13 books, shares tips on content marketing and social media, and discusses how to spot a winning startup.
Rock 'n' Roll 'n' Social Media: Jason Miller of LinkedIn Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJason Miller of LinkedIn offers tips for content marketing and the effective use of LinkedIn, and shares insights from his new book, Welcome to the Funnel: Proven Tactics to Turn Your Content and Social Media Up to 11.
The Secret to Shareable Content: Syed Balkhi Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEntrepreneur Syed Balkhi, creator of popular sites List25 and WPBeginner, shares tips for creating shareable content.
Omnichannel Marketing for Brands: Mark Schaefer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, speaker, and author Mark W. Schaefer discusses omnichannel marketing for brands, content shock, Big Data, and more.
Storytelling and Nonprofit Marketing: Invisible People's Mark Horvath Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMark Horvath, founder of InvisiblePeople.tv, shares advice for marketers on how to share meaningful stories that move people to take action.
Smart Hiring and Quality Content: C.C. Chapman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing expert and frequent speaker C.C. Chapman, co-author of Content Rules and 101 Steps to Making Videos Like a Pro, shares tips for creating quality video content and hiring (and keeping) the best creative talent.
Presentations: 'Show and Tell' Author Dan Roam Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneShow and Tell author Dan Roam explains a new way to craft presentations that will grab (and keep) your audience's attention and inspire them to take action.
Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Build Your Podcast BrandBroadcast on 7/23/2015 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, we'll walk you through how to get started in podcasting—from understanding its current state to the mechanics and equipment needed to begin. You'll learn how to develop a podcast that both aligns with your brand promise and engages your audience. We'll also share techniques on how to turn your current listeners into brand advocates, and you'll walk away with actionable tips you can start using right away to take your podcast from good to great.
- MarketingProfs University: The Ultimate Recipe for a Great Brand StoryBroadcast on 6/11/2015 with Meg TrippIn this PRO seminar, we'll guide you through the brand storytelling tips, tools, and techniques you'll need to create something your audience can't resist—and that they won't get tired of sharing.
- Breathe New Life Into Your BlogBroadcast on 5/21/2015 with Christina IngeIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the secrets of making your blog better than ever. From getting more people to read your posts to proving the ROI of blogging with lead generation techniques, you'll walk away with ideas that will make your blog more than nice-to-have—it'll be a cornerstone of sales growth.
- Hooked: How to Create Addictive Content for Your BrandBroadcast on 4/16/2015 with Andrew DavisIn this PRO seminar, Andrew Davis will discuss six simple secrets to create a hook—a twist on a familiar theme designed to catch and keep your audience's attention. He'll share personal lessons learned that you can apply to your content strategy and teach you the A-to-Zs to building your list, driving new revenue, and solidifying a true relationship with an ever-growing fanbase.
- How to Create Visual Content That Gets Shared and Drives TrafficBroadcast on 11/6/2014 with Donna MoritzIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the principles of using visual content and how it can contribute to your overall marketing mix. We'll discuss the key elements to creating visual content that drives traffic, and provide you with tactical tips on how to achieve maximum impact in minimum time.
- MarketingProfs University: Capitalize on the Content Marketing ObsessionBroadcast on 10/2/2014 with Ginger ConlonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the core elements of a lucrative content strategy so you can successfully capitalize on the current content marketing obsession.
- Relevance is the Key to a Competitive Content StrategyBroadcast on 9/25/2014 with Ardath AlbeeIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain what it takes to achieve the level of relevance needed in this real-time environment to turn prospects into buyers. We'll discuss why relevance requires marketers to look beyond the one-off campaign approach to a more continuum approach that builds a story. You'll leave with several key skills that will help you improve the effectiveness of your content marketing efforts.
- How to Create Amazing Blog Content That Gets Seen and SharedBroadcast on 8/21/2014 with Mack CollierIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to take your blog from an afterthought to one of your most powerful customer acquisition tools. You'll learn how to maximize your business blogging efforts, write more compelling content, and organize posts that your customers will read, act on, and share. Plus, you'll learn how to create attention-grabbing headlines that are optimized for social sharing and will improve your search engine ranking.
- The Convergence Imperative: How Social, Content, and PR Combine for Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 8/7/2014 with Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll gain a deep understanding of how success in search requires the combination of 'holy smokes' content, strong social media, and brilliant PR. You'll learn how to apply this effective combination to your online and offline marketing efforts.
- Using Visual Stories to Create an Urge to ActBroadcast on 4/24/2014 with Andrew DavisThis PRO seminar will reveal the secrets to creating great video stories that actually drive revenue.
Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
- Take 10: How to Beat the Weekly Deadline Blues (and Get Ahead!)Released on 5/1/2015 with Roger C. ParkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to map out your editorial calendar for the year with 12 easy, monthly decisions instead of 52 weekly decisions. With the innovative ideas and tips covered in this Take 10, you'll be able to effortlessly manage your daily and weekly marketing activities.
- Take 10: How to Create a YouTube Content Library With Google Hangouts On AirReleased on 4/17/2015 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the basic framework to build a content library of video with Google Hangouts On Air. This free and easy tool syncs up with your branded YouTube channel so you can build a content library with the support of experts, vendors, customers, and more. You'll also learn how to turn these videos into additional pieces of content to connect your brand with your target audience. And bonus—it'll help boost your SEO, too!
- Take 10: How to Make Your Graphs and Charts Effective Communication ToolsReleased on 4/3/2015 with Richard GoringIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to achieve more with your graphs and charts. You'll learn how to create and use visuals in PowerPoint more effectively, which graphs you should use to illustrate your data, as well as how to avoid common mistakes.
- Take 10: How to Guide Customers Through Your ContentReleased on 12/5/2014 with Melissa BrekerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss the various stages of the customer journey and five considerations to help improve your conversion rate. You'll walk away with a framework to assess your current content and determine where there are opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Take 10: Five Scannable Hot Spots in Your Copy That Boost ResponseReleased on 11/7/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to highlight the key selling points and calls to action by strategically placing them in the five hot spots your readers' eyes gravitate to. You'll walk away with tips on how to develop more persuasive and effective copy that is organized in a way that will encourage response.
- Take 10: No More Boring Blogs—Top Five Content Ideas for Your B2B BlogReleased on 8/22/2014 with MaryAnn PfeifferIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to write an inspiring B2B blog that's NOT boring. You'll learn the top five content ideas you can use right away, and understand why and how the right kind of content can help your blog grow your business.
- Take 10: How to Map Your Skills to Boost Your Content Project SuccessReleased on 6/27/2014 with Melissa BrekerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which skills and character traits you can map to your content projects to boost effectiveness. You'll walk away with tools, tips, and tricks to use in your content projects, as well as understanding which pitfalls to avoid.
- Take 10: Stop Wasting Your PowerPoints! How to Squeeze All the Good Stuff OutReleased on 5/16/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to extend the reach of your PowerPoint presentation through various social tools, resulting in more views and greater interest in your brand or service. You'll be able to put the content you've already created to work right away with these easy, yet effective, tips.
- Take 10: How to Create Simple and Effective Video Presentations on a BudgetReleased on 5/2/2014 with Neil WalkerIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to create highly engaging screen presentation videos that are easy, inexpensive, and don't require you to be in front of the camera.
Content: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.