Hiring Outside Resources: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Must-Ask Questions When Hiring for Marketing RolesNataly KellyAs the number of marketing channels and technologies continues to grow, so too does the need to hire specialists for your team. How do you ensure your company is selecting ...
The Four Principles of a Better Digital BriefJeff RoachAs we continue to ask for more an more of our digital campaigns and products, we need to look at where it all starts—with the digital brief. But most briefs ...
20 Must-Have Tools for Clever MarketersElizaveta NaumovAs a marketer, you're often wearing many hats and simultaneously managing a variety of responsibilities and tasks—from social media to content creation. Luckily, there's an app or service for almost ...
Brands Are Using Fewer Marketing AgenciesAyaz NanjiSome 62% of brand marketers say they use two or more marketing agencies to support their business, a 13 percentage point decrease from 2009, when 75% said they used two ...
How to Construct a Content Machine (Even If You're Not a Natural-Born Writer)Mandi EllefsonHere's a six-step process to dramatically increase the number and quality of your content pieces—in half the time it would otherwise take.
Outsourcing Your Content Creation: Agencies vs. FreelancersMichael GerardAs marketers grapple with consistently producing high-quality content, many are turning to outsourcing to freelancers and agencies. But which is faster and more agile—and makes more sense for your budget?
Five Steps to Effective and Affordable Small Business Content MarketingKristen HicksIf you approach content marketing thoughtfully and strategically, you can find ways to get more for less.
Top 10 Tips for Using a Celebrity SpokespersonDarcy BouzeosWe live in a celebrity-obsessed world. No wonder spokespersons are used to promote events, increase product sales, and generate publicity for marketing programs. As you plan your next marketing effort, ...
Six Must-Have Traits of a Social Media ManagerYo NoguchiYou're at the point of social media burnout, so you've decided it's about time your business had a dedicated social media manager. Good move. But what skills, traits, and ...
How to Hire the Best Marketers for Your Marketing TeamSusan PechmanEvery great marketer doesn't need to have every single skill or trait. Rather, it's the mix of each marketer's skills, experience, and traits blended with those of others on your ...
Hiring Outside Resources: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Hunting for Unicorns: Preact's Mike Saldi Talks Hiring on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMike Saldi, formerly of Salesforce.com, now chief customer officer at software company Preact, shares secrets for spotting which applicants are most likely to rock that job you're hiring for.
Never Stop Learning: Mark Organ on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneThe founder and CEO of advocate marketing software company Influitive explains how he co-founded marketing automation giant Eloqua, why training and development are a "mission-level priority" at his company, and how he hires exceptional employees.
Content Marketing and Entrepreneurship: Skyword CEO Tom Gerace Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSerial entrepreneur and Skyword CEO Tom Gerace talks with Marketing Smarts about content strategy, affiliate marketing, entrepreneurship, and everything in between.
Hiring Outside Resources: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Getting Brand Exposure with an iPhone App: Easier (and Cheaper) Than You ThinkBroadcast on 12/10/2009 with Carla WhiteThink putting your brand in someone's pocket is impossible? Maybe not!
- What You Need to Know About Becoming (or Hiring) a Marketing ConsultantBroadcast on 11/8/2007 with Michael GoodmanProfessional marketing/management consultant Michael Goodman has been advising corporate clients for several years, and has collected the many lessons learned into a concise and impactful seminar that promises to pull back the curtain of consulting to reveal the critical success factors—and pitfalls—of this business and lifestyle.
- Small Business Series: How to Advertise on a Modest BudgetBroadcast on 10/19/2007 with Michael GoodmanMichael Goodman has been responsible for annual advertising budgets ranging from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars, in consumer, B2B, services, information, entertainment and not-for-profit situations. He’s learned advertising from recognized masters of the craft, and stumbled across some truths on his own.
- Small Business Series: Do-It-Yourself Market ResearchBroadcast on 6/22/2007 with Michael GoodmanThe amount you spend on market research isn't the most important consideration. The key is asking the right high-gain questions and knowing what to do with the answers.This seminar will cover not only the various options for market research, but also six do-it-yourself approaches that can yield better results than studies costing thousands of dollars. And the turn-around time is often a fraction of what a major project would involve.
- Search Marketing Essentials for Online RetailersBroadcast on 2/8/2007 with Stephan Spencer, George MichieStephan Spencer and George Michie will share their expertise and tips for advanced search marketing, specific to the unique challenges that e-commerce marketers face.
- Conducting Online Research the Right WayBroadcast on 6/1/2006 with Carey AzzaraThis seminar will discuss the best practices for conducting online research. You will discover what must be considered when building a research sample, crafting a questionnaire, and fielding the study.
- Marketing Research the Guerrilla WayBroadcast on 5/11/2006 with Robert KadenRobert Kaden, author of Guerrilla Marketing Research,presents tools to develop action-oriented research and guidelines for stretching your research budget.
- Advanced Topics in Paid Search MarketingBroadcast on 3/9/2006 with Larry Becker, George MichieFor those who have experience with paid search, but need to get advanced techniques and knowledge.
Hiring Outside Resources: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Steps to Creating Elite Brand AmbassadorsReleased on 4/10/2015 with Robin SamoraIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to identify employees or subcontractors as a brand ambassadors who can represent your product, service, or brand. We'll discuss how to educate them on your company's unique story, company values, and how to help you attract new talent to keep your brand top of mind.
Hiring Outside Resources: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Shopper's Handbook on Search Marketing FirmsThis is the go-to guide for all your Search Engine Optimization needs. Get a first-rate overview of all things related to how search engines fit into your marketing plan. This guide even tells you how to decide if you should not outsource your search engine optimization. But the best thing about this handbook is a comprehensive list of questions you should ask any potential SEO vendor, and tips as to what to look for in the answers. Very helpful. 45 pages.