Hiring Outside Resources: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Top 10 Tips for Using a Celebrity SpokespersonDarcy BouzeosWe live in a celebrity-obsessed world. No wonder spokespersons are used to promote events, increase product sales, and generate publicity for marketing programs. As you plan your next marketing effort, ...
Six Must-Have Traits of a Social Media ManagerYo NoguchiYou're at the point of social media burnout, so you've decided it's about time your business had a dedicated social media manager. Good move. But what skills, traits, and ...
How to Hire the Best Marketers for Your Marketing TeamSusan PechmanEvery great marketer doesn't need to have every single skill or trait. Rather, it's the mix of each marketer's skills, experience, and traits blended with those of others on your ...
10 Commandments for Getting the Most Out of Your Naming FirmBeth GerberYou bit the bullet and decided to hire a naming firm for your next branding initiative. You researched and you vetted, and you picked a firm that feels like a ...
Results-Driven Marketing Creative in Four Steps, Part 1: Efficient Creative BriefingCameron AveryTogether with placement and execution, creative can make or break your marketing campaigns. This series explores the four steps you or your creative agency should take to achieve better results ...
Five Tips for Getting the Most From Your Qualitative ResearcherMartha GuidrySelecting the right qualitative researcher for your marketing project is critical, because a lot of money and your credibility are on the line. So make sure to ask these five ...
10 Ways to Stretch Your Marketing BudgetArdi KolahAll marketing practitioners are seeking ways to save money and get a bigger bang for their budget buck. How to do that isn't at all obvious. But, sometimes, the answer ...
Nine Key Things to Look for in an Agency PartnerAllie Gray Freeland, Joe GriffinHere's what you need to know to make sure you filter out the riffraff and find an agency partner that actually jibes with your company and, most important, helps your ...
What You Need to Know About Printing, Including CostsDebbie SimpsonWe might be living in the age of the Internet, but print collateral is still a part of just about every organization's marketing arsenal. Here's what you need to know ...
2013 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and TrendsB2B marketers are spending more, using more tactics, and distributing their content on more social networks than they have in years past, according to the latest findings of a study ...
Hiring Outside Resources: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Content Marketing and Entrepreneurship: Skyword CEO Tom Gerace Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSerial entrepreneur and Skyword CEO Tom Gerace talks with Marketing Smarts about content strategy, affiliate marketing, entrepreneurship, and everything in between.
Hiring Outside Resources: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Getting Brand Exposure with an iPhone App: Easier (and Cheaper) Than You ThinkBroadcast on 12/10/2009 with Carla WhiteThink putting your brand in someone's pocket is impossible? Maybe not!
- What You Need to Know About Becoming (or Hiring) a Marketing ConsultantBroadcast on 11/8/2007 with Michael GoodmanProfessional marketing/management consultant Michael Goodman has been advising corporate clients for several years, and has collected the many lessons learned into a concise and impactful seminar that promises to pull back the curtain of consulting to reveal the critical success factors—and pitfalls—of this business and lifestyle.
- Small Business Series: How to Advertise on a Modest BudgetBroadcast on 10/19/2007 with Michael GoodmanMichael Goodman has been responsible for annual advertising budgets ranging from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars, in consumer, B2B, services, information, entertainment and not-for-profit situations. He’s learned advertising from recognized masters of the craft, and stumbled across some truths on his own.
- Small Business Series: Do-It-Yourself Market ResearchBroadcast on 6/22/2007 with Michael GoodmanThe amount you spend on market research isn't the most important consideration. The key is asking the right high-gain questions and knowing what to do with the answers.This seminar will cover not only the various options for market research, but also six do-it-yourself approaches that can yield better results than studies costing thousands of dollars. And the turn-around time is often a fraction of what a major project would involve.
- Search Marketing Essentials for Online RetailersBroadcast on 2/8/2007 with Stephan Spencer, George MichieStephan Spencer and George Michie will share their expertise and tips for advanced search marketing, specific to the unique challenges that e-commerce marketers face.
- Conducting Online Research the Right WayBroadcast on 6/1/2006 with Carey AzzaraThis seminar will discuss the best practices for conducting online research. You will discover what must be considered when building a research sample, crafting a questionnaire, and fielding the study.
- Marketing Research the Guerrilla WayBroadcast on 5/11/2006 with Robert KadenRobert Kaden, author of Guerrilla Marketing Research,presents tools to develop action-oriented research and guidelines for stretching your research budget.
- Advanced Topics in Paid Search MarketingBroadcast on 3/9/2006 with Larry Becker, George MichieFor those who have experience with paid search, but need to get advanced techniques and knowledge.
Hiring Outside Resources: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Shopper's Handbook on Search Marketing FirmsThis is the go-to guide for all your Search Engine Optimization needs. Get a first-rate overview of all things related to how search engines fit into your marketing plan. This guide even tells you how to decide if you should not outsource your search engine optimization. But the best thing about this handbook is a comprehensive list of questions you should ask any potential SEO vendor, and tips as to what to look for in the answers. Very helpful. 45 pages.