Marketing Tips: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five Killer Video Marketing TipsDanny GronerNo matter what you're selling or promoting, video should be a consideration. Technology is no longer a hurdle, but coming up with the right message, tone, and approach can be. ...
Ensure That Strategy, not Tactics, Drives Your Social MediaRachel DiCaro MetscherBefore you can use a new channel, you must create a strategy around it. But many marketers struggle to create strategies. So, how can you begin to chart a successful ...
How to Use Content to Build Customer Loyalty and RetentionCraig Fitzgerald, C.C. ChapmanMany marketing professionals are having serious challenges in executing a content marketing program at a very basic level. How can you address those challenges and implement a successful content marketing ...
Four Steps to Ensuring Your Strategy Achieves ResultsLaura PattersonMany companies at all stages invest time in planning but lack the processes and leadership needed to ensure a strategy achieves the desired results. Failure is expensive and wastes precious ...
Three Key Ways to to Help Your Business Find '2X' Profit GrowthJeanne HurlbertMany companies turn to newer, hotter media and technology when they want to increase profits. But being successful isn't about tech; it's about effectively engaging customers. Here are three ways ...
How to Keep It Human in the Robotized SocialverseAlesia KrushSocial networks were meant for real humans—for real-life conversations about real-life things. But, of course, we marketers saw an opportunity. Social media can become a powerful medium... so long as ...
Stop Saying 'Awesome': Five Best-Practices for Americans Marketing to EuropeBob BoehnleinGlobalization brings exciting opportunities and enormous challenges for all parts of a business, but nowhere is that more apparent than in the marketing department. Here's how to avoid five common ...
The Magic Behind the Curtain: Marketing Automation [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiHow is marketing automation like the Wizard of Oz? Without being noticed, both work furiously behind the scenes to produce an experience that works like magic. Check out the following ...
Grow Revenue With Big Data: Get Sales and Marketing on the Same Page [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTo meet revenue goals, Sales and Marketing should work together. Unfortunately, they often don't. Why is that? Check out this infographic to learn about reasons for the clash and some ...
Solving Marketing Problems: Learn From PolyaRic DragonThe next time you confront a marketing problem, consider George Polya. What can marketers learn from the Muhammad Ali of mathematics? Problem-solving in four steps, of course. Here's a brief ...
Marketing Tips: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Marketing Smarts Podcast: Making the Most of the Mobile Momentby Matthew Grant"Mobile is a behavior. It's not a technology." That's what Tim Hayden, CMO of 44Doors, told me when we discussed the "mobile moment" in this episode of our Marketing Smarts podcast.
Marketing Tips: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Create Marketing Plans that Cross Channels and Deliver ResultsBroadcast on 6/6/2013 with Debra EllisIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create effective plans that make multiple channels and platforms work together seamlessly to deliver the best possible results.
- How to Create a Monster Fan BaseBroadcast on 4/25/2013 with Jackie HubaThis PRO seminar will share seven of Lady Gaga's success lessons that can be applied to any brand. Be sure to tune in, and learn how to build a strong and loyal base!
- Getting Flexible: Working Content into Responsive DesignBroadcast on 4/18/2013 with Sara Wachter-BoettcherThis PRO seminar will teach you how to incorporate your content strategy into responsive design effectively.
- How to Use a Customer Advocacy Program to Tap Into Your Customers' Hidden BudgetBroadcast on 3/28/2013 with Bill LeeThis PRO seminar will show you how a growing number of firms are devising creative and effective ways to involve their customers in marketing and selling for them.
- How to Stand Out, Get Results, and Have Fun With Your Content MarketingBroadcast on 2/28/2013 with Hunter BoyleIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore several great marketing campaigns that took a personable approach to content marketing. You'll see what worked (and what didn't) and you'll walk away with proven tips to take your content to the next level.
- Using Market Frameworks to Analyze Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/21/2013 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use market frameworks to understand your market and analyze your competition, understand your own strengths, and uncover weaknesses you may not even know you have.
- How to Use Agile Marketing to Get Measurable ResultsBroadcast on 1/24/2013 with Jim Ewel, Bob CanawayThis PRO seminar will offer busy marketers a new way of doing their jobs that puts the focus on the customer experience and buyer's decision-making process while increasing ROI.
- MarketingProfs University: The Daring Brand's Guide to Creating Content Worth SharingBroadcast on 12/6/2012 with Ann HandleyIn this PRO seminar, MarketingProfs chief content officer and Content Rules co-author Ann Handley will share her philosophy about what brands like yours need to do to fully embrace content marketing to create content worth sharing.
- Landing Page Tips to Lift Your Conversion RateBroadcast on 9/20/2012 with Chris GowardThis PRO seminar will teach you how to get the most out of your landing pages' design, copy, and layout.
- MarketingProfs University: Why Your Online Strategy Really Is Your Business StrategyBroadcast on 9/13/2012 with Vanessa FoxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why SEO is still important, how to seamlessly build it into your strategy, and how to step into your customers' shoes and understand their thinking to improve traffic, and ultimately, revenue.
Marketing Tips: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Demonstrate Marketing Success by Setting Clear ObjectivesReleased on 6/14/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines you'll want to follow in order to set clear objectives. If you follow these tips, you'll be able to clearly demonstrate marketing success in a language that your senior management team understands.
- Take 10: A Step-by-Step Guide to Product SelectionReleased on 5/17/2013 with Kathleen SchultzIn just 10 minutes, we'll share a comprehensive step-by-step approach to product selection that will step up your selling success!
- Take 10: Six Ways to Build a Trusted BrandReleased on 5/10/2013 with John MorganIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six tips that will help you become a trusted brand with loyal customers!
- Take 10: Getting Started in Social MediaReleased on 5/3/2013 with Gail Z. MartinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to get started, engage your audience, choose the platforms that make sense for you, and more!
- Take 10: Five Ways to Keep Your B2B Email and Customer Data CleanReleased on 4/19/2013 with Mary Ann KleinfelterIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five things you should be doing right now to keep your customer data clean and up-to-date.
- Take 10: How to Humanize Your Brand Through VideoReleased on 2/8/2013 with Tim WasherIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to connect with your customers using relevant and appealing video content that does more than just push your products.
- Take 10: How to Monetize Your Website with Google Ad SenseReleased on 1/25/2013 with Chloe SpencerIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover important tips on how to get your site approved by Google.
- Take 10 Video Series: Ten Tips for Making Your Content Marketing Portal a SuccessReleased on 1/4/2013 with Frank DaysFrom choosing the right domain name and picking your keyword, to determining and measuring goals, you'll discover ten tips about where to focus your efforts that will put you on the path to content marketing success.
- Take 10 Video Series: Five Things to Consider Before Taking Your Social Efforts GlobalReleased on 11/16/2012 with Jane PriceIn just 10 minutes, Jane Price will help you weigh the pros and cons of a global social media plan. You'll also learn five important things to consider before going global.
- Take 10: Four Ways to Monetize Local Daily DealsReleased on 5/18/2012 with Amy FowlerJust like everything else, there's a right way and a wrong way to add daily deals into your marketing mix. In just 10 minutes, you'll learn the right way to make daily deals lucrative for your business.
Marketing Tips: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best PracticesMarketing automation can have a big impact on your sales and marketing efforts. Learn the ins and outs of marketing automation capabilities, how to make the best use of them, and resources for selecting the best system for you with MarketingProfs' Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best Practices guide.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube ChannelYouTube is an easy-to-use and inexpensive media platform with a gigantic reach. Learn how you can use YouTube to create awareness for your brand and connect with interested views with "A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube Channel".
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- LinkedIn Success StoriesLinkedIn is used by 55 million professionals as a place to network, trade advice, and demonstrate business expertise. See how 11 companies, including PR firms, advertising agencies, and software companies, are using LinkedIn to show expertise, generate leads, and conduct research.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Avoiding Key PitfallsLet's face it, more small businesses fail than succeed. Make sure yours is one of the winners with this guide to getting your small business off the ground and solidly on the road to success.
- Trade Show Marketing TemplateTrade show marketing is a high-risk, high-reward endeavor. This Template provides a sytematic look at trade show marketing. It walks you through selection and promotion, to follow-up and measurement. This step-by-step guide will insure your trade show marketing is effective, efficient, measurable, and successful.