Public Speaking: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Nine Steps for Public Speaking Like a Pro [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWorried about your public speaking? This infographic offers tips and tricks for shaking off the fear and crafting a successful public speaking engagement.
Presentations Gone Wrong: Five Rules for Avoiding a Really Bad PresentationPooja LohanaWe've all heard presenters who apparently forgot that a tool such as PowerPoint is just a medium for re-enforcing what they have to say. Instead, text-laden slides take center stage—a ...
What You Need to Do to Become a Thought LeaderEd BarksLet's take a look at three content delivery approaches you can use to launch a thought leadership campaign for yourself or the executives you advise.
Six Public Speaking Tips That Help Your Marketing, TooStephanie VillellaUsing some of the concepts that have the power to make or break your public address, you can dramatically transform the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns. The best part? You ...
Elements of Great StorytellingAnn Handley, Tim WasherFor millennia, human beings have transmitted knowledge from generation to generation via storytelling. It remains a powerful medium that grabs and holds people's attention. Not surprisingly, then, it can be ...
Five Ways to Get Speaking Engagements to Market Your BusinessSusan Baroncini-MoeSpeaking is one of the best ways to get the word out about your company. But getting speaking engagements can be tough, and many would-be public speakers struggle to find ...
How to Generate Leads via the Chamber of CommerceYou have a very good reason to join your local chamber of commerce: "One study on consumer preferences found that 63% of consumers prefer to shop and do business with chamber members," ...
Is Public Speaking Part of Your Marketing Mix?You've got a strong marketing mix—but does it include public speaking? "Whether used to promote a company report or in-house expertise, or simply to engender brand awareness, public speaking is ...
The Inside Scoop on Becoming a Good Public SpeakerHeather RastPublic speaking is a powerful way to get your message to key influencers and decision-makers. Want to be a sought-after speaker? Learn what it takes to master the organizational and ...
A 47-Point Guide for First-Time Webinar SuccessAgnieszka WilinskaThough webinars are live and sometimes free-flowing, they should never be disorganized. Careful planning demonstrates respect for your attendees and their time. Here are 47 tips for hosting a webinar ...
Public Speaking: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Persuasive Presentations: Communication Expert Nancy Duarte Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePresentation expert Nancy Duarte shares tips for creating marketing presentations that persuade, and talks about how she and her husband disrupted the graphic design industry with the startup they ran out of their California apartment.
We Are Here to Persuade People: Michael Weiss of figure18 on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantMichael Weiss, managing director at figure18 and a veteran speaker, consultant, client advocate, and sales executive, has an interesting perspective on marketing and advertising, not to mention the role of the agency, in today's always-on, always-open business environment.
Public Speaking: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Inspire Change Through Speeches, Stories, Ceremonies, and SymbolsBroadcast on 1/21/2016 with Nancy Duarte, Patti SanchezDevelop a plan to help you lead people through the five stages of transformation. Learn how to use speeches, stories, ceremonies, and symbols to help you succeed as a leader. You have the potential to not only anticipate the future and invent creative initiatives, but also to inspire those around you to support and help execute your vision. This PRO seminar will help you harness that potential and put it into play.
- The Presentation Revolution: Build, Design, and Deliver Compelling PresentationsBroadcast on 11/19/2015 with Scott SchwertlyIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn presentation secrets to help you build, design, and deliver fire-breathing, wing-flapping, roar-bellowing presentations that will have your audience hanging on your every word. We'll walk you through a step-by-step approach focusing on engrossing content, captivating storytelling, and the arresting design needed to deliver a top-notch presentation.
- MarketingProfs University: Presentation Elevation—How to Educate, Inspire, and EngageBroadcast on 2/14/2013 with Michael WeissThis PRO seminar and kick-off class of MarketingProfs University's Presentations Unleashed will teach you how to make a powerful impression on your audience and leave them energized and inspired by your ideas.
- MarketingProfs University: Presentations That Resonate With Me! How to Persuade Any AudienceBroadcast on 11/18/2011 with Nancy DuarteJoin us for this special PRO seminar with Nancy Duarte and learn a new way of structuring a presentation and connecting with an audience.
- Extreme PowerPoint Makeover: Transform Your Data-Driven Presentation Beyond Bullet PointsBroadcast on 4/9/2009 with Cliff AtkinsonReady to improve your presentation materials? It's time to save the world from boredom, one conference room at a time.
- Seven Secrets to Inspiring PresentationsBroadcast on 7/17/2008 with Carmine GalloWe've all experienced Death by PowerPoint, but how do we keep ourselves from inflicting the same old LCD agony on the very people we're trying to impress? This seminar might help save your world from boredom, one conference room at a time ...
- Delivering Presentations That Make the SaleBroadcast on 5/3/2007 with Jeff KrawitzYour results from attending this seminar? Less time in preparation, greater clarity of purpose, a strict focus on achieving desired actions and a substantially improved chance of achieving those actions.
Public Speaking: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10 Author Series: Eight Commonly Misused Words and How to Use Them CorrectlyReleased on 11/25/2011 with Mignon FogartyIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, famed grammarian and best-selling author Mignon Fogarty shares critical tips for remembering the correct meanings (and spellings) of commonly misused words.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Present Ideas That Inspire ChangeReleased on 9/16/2011 with Nancy DuarteIn this Take 10, author and presentation expert Nancy Duarte shares her insights into what makes an engaging presentation and offers ideas for harnessing the power of possibilities in your presentation.
- Take 10: How to Make Easy Video Demos and PresentationsReleased on 8/5/2011 with Michelle SchoenIn this Take 10, multimedia specialist Michelle Schoen walks you through the basics of recording a presentation using Camtasia. Along the way, she shows you how to keep your audio quality top-notch, and even provides some tips on spreading the word about your new creation.
- Take 10: 9 Ways to Make Your Webinars Start Strong and Finish BigReleased on 4/1/2011 with Shelley RyanIn just 10 minutes, Shelley Ryan of Killer Webinars offers down-to-earth advice on getting your webinars off to a strong start, keeping them engaging, and ending them with focus and style. What's more, she tells you exactly what openings and closings are bound to put attendees to sleep—and which ones will keep them listening.
Public Speaking: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Benchmark Survey: Communication SkillsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey about the skill level survey respondents have in various ways of communicating. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for you.