Sales: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Thank These Five Important Types of Customers During the HolidaysJignesh ShahDon't spam your contact database with generic holiday email greetings; they will be ignored, your time will have been wasted, and your brand will lose credibility. Instead, make your efforts ...
How to Use the Six ABM Processes to Align Sales and Marketing and Drive Real ResultsJon MillerAccount-based marketing is built on six processes that flip the focus from generating leads to courting the companies you want to do business with. An added benefit: total sales and ...
Media Channels the Brightest B2B Marketers Use to Drive Leads [Infographic]Vahe HabeshianIn their lead generation efforts, successful B2B marketers use a combination of platforms and channels in their marketing mix to engage and influence prospects and convert them to buyers.
Eight Missed Opportunities in Your B2B ContentDan StelterWhat really motivates buyers to act? When using content, many B2B companies struggle to engage buyers. Here are eight engagement tactics that work, according to research, but marketers use them ...
Buyer Personas: How Much Detail Is Too Much?Marcus SchallerAt what point does a buyer persona mutate from a useful marketing tool into a meaningless collection of bullet points, stock headshots, and random guesses? Here's what we really need ...
Unwrapping the 2016 Holiday Shopping Experience [Infographic]Verónica JarskiConsumers have high expectations of retailers during this holiday season. Here's a look at what they want and ideas for meeting their expectations.
10 Ways to Make Facebook Your Most Powerful Event-Promotion ToolCourtney DanyelPeople often use Facebook Events to connect and meet up in the real world. So why not marketers? Facebook can help promote your in-person events—which are among the most effective ...
Three Ways Marketers Can Master Strategic Word-of-MouthSteve BernsteinPositive word-of-mouth (WOM) has long been documented as a powerful growth tool. The good news: unlike our B2C brethren, we B2B marketers can strategically manage WOM. Here are three ways ...
11 Ways to Jazz Up a Boring Sales Page Without Resorting to HypeMarcia YudkinYou don't have to do the verbal equivalent of dressing up in a burger suit and jumping up and down at passing cars. You can give your sales page copy ...
Marketing's Important Role in Accelerating Sales to Large Buying GroupsChristine SlocumbJust five years ago, in small-to-midmarket companies, 1-2 people were typically involved in the purchase decision. In recent years, that trend has shifted; now, 3+ people must approve purchases, even ...
Sales: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Embrace Revenue Responsibility With 'Full Funnel Marketing': Author Matt Heinz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFull Funnel Marketing author Matt Heinz explains why (and how) marketers should embrace revenue-based metrics to demonstrate Marketing's impact on the organization.
The Most Effective Lead Follow-Up Strategies: Adam Bluemner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAdam Bluemner shares strategies for following up with B2B website leads based on his study that analyzed 63,256 phone calls.
The Secret to Sales Success: Jill Konrath and Donal Daly on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBestselling authors Jill Konrath (Selling to Big Companies) and Donal Daly (Account Planning in Salesforce) explain how sales managers can set their teams up to succeed in the era of modern, customer-centric marketing.
How to Reach 100% of Your Audience: CEO Amanda Holmes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAmanda Holmes became CEO of Chet Holmes International when she was 24, and she has proven an incredibly effective millennial CEO. Amanda shares her approach to sales, leadership, and more.
Why Your Marketing Doesn't Work: Tamsen Webster Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCommunication expert Tamsen Webster explains why most marketing and sales messages fail to drive action; she also shares the surprisingly simple secret to more effective messages.
The New Rules of Sales and Service: David Meerman Scott Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author, speaker, and marketing expert David Meerman Scott discusses the radical change underway in sales and customer service, and shares tips for how businesses can succeed under these new rules.
Presentations: 'Show and Tell' Author Dan Roam Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneShow and Tell author Dan Roam explains a new way to craft presentations that will grab (and keep) your audience's attention and inspire them to take action.
Social Selling and the Modern Buyer: Jill Rowley Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJill Rowley issues a clarion call for salespeople to embrace social selling, or risk losing out as modern buyers increasingly direct their own journey.
Revenue and the CMO: Author Glenn Gow Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHelping your company to embrace social selling doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing proposition: You can implement a pilot program to demonstrate how social media can have a positive impact on revenue. Glenn Gow shares tips for starting a successful ...
Are You a Smart Sales Manager? Josiane Feigon Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneInside sales expert and author Josiane Feigon discusses her new book, Smart Sales Manager, explains how to manage Millennials, and shares insights into how salespeople can cultivate relationships with social-savvy customers.
Sales: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Couples Therapy: How to Combat Sales and Marketing Misalignment to Maximize ConversionsBroadcast on 10/11/2016 with Gordon Jen, Leticia RodriguezJoin us for this free seminar to learn how to identify and tackle sales and marketing misalignment. You'll discover how to maintain a relationship that enables both teams to work together to increase pipeline—and live harmoniously. Sponsored by EverString
- Break Through the Noise: Three Strategies to Double SalesBroadcast on 9/22/2016 with Amanda HolmesIn this PRO seminar, we'll share real case studies from companies who have doubled their business and we'll walk you through the techniques they used to do it. You'll leave armed with email templates, marketing messaging fundamentals, and proven strategies you can start using today to grab your prospect's attention, surpass targets, and double sales.
- Marketing to Today's Bionic BuyerBroadcast on 6/9/2016 with Kristin ZhivagoIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how to effectively reach consumers and the tools you need to make yourself invincible. You'll leave with an understanding of the current buyer environment and the know-how to set up your marketing so that no matter how your prospect finds you—or where they are in the sales funnel—you're in sync and ready to meet their needs.
- Inspire Change Through Speeches, Stories, Ceremonies, and SymbolsBroadcast on 1/21/2016 with Nancy Duarte, Patti SanchezDevelop a plan to help you lead people through the five stages of transformation. Learn how to use speeches, stories, ceremonies, and symbols to help you succeed as a leader. You have the potential to not only anticipate the future and invent creative initiatives, but also to inspire those around you to support and help execute your vision. This PRO seminar will help you harness that potential and put it into play.
- Algorhythm—The Pulse and Future of BrandsBroadcast on 1/14/2016 with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, Mitch Joel will explain why B2B marketers need to be aware of the new consumer-centric landscape. You'll learn how to successfully market B2B products by tapping into your own buying habits. Mitch will show how the world continues to change and challenge brands like never before.
- Discover and Tell Your Business StoryBroadcast on 10/15/2015 with Ron PloofIn this PRO seminar, business storyteller Ron Ploof will explain how to discover and tell your business story. He'll share how to transform messages into compelling narratives that persuade audiences to take action, whether it's buying your product, adopting a new concept, or changing their behavior.
- Smarketing—What It Is and Why You Need to Master ItBroadcast on 9/24/2015 with Peter StrohkorbIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the recent phenomenon of smarketing: sales and marketing working together to be competitive in the new buyer's journey. We'll share examples of highly collaborative companies that have applied smarketing and the role it played in their success. You'll leave with actionable advice on how you can introduce this concept to your organization and an understanding of the benefits it can offer.
- How to Use Video to Ensure a Great Buying ExperienceBroadcast on 9/10/2015 with Rocky WallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use video to engage prospects through each step of the sales and marketing funnel (and in turn, allow you to better qualify leads and pass them to your sales team with more confidence). We'll share how to ensure your videos are contributing directly to your business objectives and provide you with practical tips on how to create an effective video production plan that you can put into action immediately.
- Capturing Customers: How to Transition From Product Promoters to Trusted AdvisersBroadcast on 6/18/2015 with Carla JohnsonIn this PRO seminar, we'll talk about why marketers need to change their approach to capture and keep buyer attention. You'll learn how to transition your marketing from being product-centered into thought leadership centered, and ultimately, how to establish yourself as a trusted adviser within your industry. We'll also share the tactics that the best B2B brands are using to do exactly this.
- MarketingProfs University: Modern Sales and Marketing AlignmentBroadcast on 4/9/2015 with Mathew SweezeyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss modern strategies and sales tools for aligning your marketing campaigns to support sales goals and show you how to identify sales-ready leads using behavioral scoring. You'll learn specific techniques to predict future lead handoffs, hold sales accountable for passed leads, and put safety nets in place to catch any that fall through the cracks.
Sales: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Sales Metrics Marketing Should OwnReleased on 5/6/2016 with Samantha StoneIn just 10 minutes, we'll explain why it's time for marketers to take shared ownership of three traditional sales metrics and how, by doing so, you can improve collaboration and focus on activities which drive the business forward.
- Take 10: How to Successfully Describe Your ServicesReleased on 10/23/2015 with Gillian ValleeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to craft a top-notch services description that can help you win more business.
- Take 10: How to Attract Customers to Your Tradeshow BoothReleased on 5/29/2015 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven key customer attraction strategies to ensure a consistent flow of traffic to your booth. We'll go beyond how to pick the ideal booth location and will provide you with tips on how to train your team to drive attendees in, booth promotions that work, creative differentiation ideas, and more—so you'll leave each event with a list of qualified leads and a positive ROI.
- Take 10: How to Create Calls-to-Action That Drive ConversionsReleased on 2/20/2015 with Kath PayIn just 10 minutes, we'll reveal the secrets to creating a call-to-action that encourages the action you're after—whether it's downloads, sign-ups or sales. We'll discuss how to integrate your CTAS into your email program and how to make your CTAs appeal to your customers and prospects without being too pushy.
- Take 10: How to Become a Trade Show Rock Star—10 Trade Show Pitfalls to AvoidReleased on 9/19/2014 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about 10 trade show pitfalls and how you can avoid them. Eliminating these trade show 'fails' will save you time and money, and help you release your inner trade show rock star.
- Take 10: Three Simple Steps to Identify Your Buyer PersonasReleased on 3/28/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll take a look at some fun and effective ways to gain a deeper understanding of your audience (a.k.a. your "buyer personas"), and together, we will learn how to develop yours!
- Take 10: How to Strike a Balance Between Analytics and CreativityReleased on 3/14/2014 with Kathleen SchultzIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the top two skills an artist and a scientist must possess and how they mesh together to deliver sales and profitability to your business.
- Take 10: Set Expectations for Your Outbound Telemarketing ProgramReleased on 2/21/2014 with Jenny VanceIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to estimate your campaign's return on investment before putting it into action. Assessing ROI ahead of time will help you understand what response rate you need and will allow you to put measures in place to reach your campaign goal.
- Take 10: How to Close More Opportunities—Immediately!Released on 1/31/2014 with Cal HarrisonLooking to shorten the sales cycle and close more leads? You can do just that by learning how to discern which opportunities are most viable and focus on those that you can quickly win.
- Take 10: Three Steps to Optimize Your Lead Nurturing ContentReleased on 12/20/2013 with Gretchen ScheimanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three steps for optimizing your lead nurturing content to your target audience, so you can help drive prospects closer to a sale.
Sales: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Build a Mighty Email List With Attractive Lead MagnetsIn this 36-page guide, you'll learn about lead magnets, how they can make your marketing more magnetic, and how you can use them to build a higher quality email list that delivers more business.
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Marketing Automation SuccessIn this 24-page guide, you'll learn step-by-step what to do to effectively plan, prepare, implement, assess, and improve your marketing automation program for optimal results.
- Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best PracticesMarketing automation can have a big impact on your sales and marketing efforts. Learn the ins and outs of marketing automation capabilities, how to make the best use of them, and resources for selecting the best system for you with MarketingProfs' Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best Practices guide.
- Influencer Marketing Success StoriesInfluencer Marketing Success Stories features 13 companies that have leveraged the influence of outspoken opinion-makers and ordinary online reviewers to achieve their marketing objectives. With examples including Forbes Digital and Virgin America, this new Case Study Collection will show you how use influencer to boost brand awareness, introduce new products, increase sales, and more.
- Mobile Marketing Success StoriesMobile marketing campaigns can be inexpensive, easy to execute, and very profitable. See how 8 B2B and 11 B2C companies are using SMS, mobile websites, mobile ads, Smartphone applications, and Bluetooth marketing to achieve huge results.
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- Lead Generation How-To GuideGreat product, great sales team, great marketing collateral - now what? People to sell to, of course. Put your lead generation tactics under the microscope with this enlightening how-to guide. Get more and better qualified leads, faster today.
- Trade Show Marketing TemplateTrade show marketing is a high-risk, high-reward endeavor. This Template provides a sytematic look at trade show marketing. It walks you through selection and promotion, to follow-up and measurement. This step-by-step guide will insure your trade show marketing is effective, efficient, measurable, and successful.
- Marketing ROI and the Sales FunnelIn this guide, you will learn how to structure, motivate and measure the marketing and sales functions to maximize profit. Topics include: 1) a high-level self-assessment to determine potential sources of profit leakage; 2) how to map out and improve strategies related to the buying cycle; 3) how to apply marketing ROI principles to create strategies to reduce and recycle leakage from the buying cycle; and 4) how to leverage insight on your key profit drivers and customer-level analysis to improve profitability.