Sales: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
SMBs' Favorite Sources for Sales LeadsAyaz NanjiPhone calls are the highest rated source of leads by small and midsize businesses (SMBs), according to a recent BIA/Kelsey’s Local Commerce Monitor report.
Understand How Buyers Buy: Marketing With the 'Buying Center' Concept [Infographic]Glenn GowMarket segmentation and customer insights are only part of what you need to enter the competitive market. You need to take your marketing to the next level.
Know Thy Customer: Strategies for Using Big Data to Enhance the Customer ExperienceDoug HeiseMarketers have long collected and analyzed data to enhance customer experience and boost sales. But Big Data poses new challenges. Here are some ways of capitalizing on it to improve ...
How Buyers Evaluate Professional Services ProvidersAyaz NanjiAsked how they "check out" potential professional services providers (such as an accounting, marketing, legal, consulting, or tech firm), 81% of buyers say they head to the seller's website to ...
How Marketers Are Managing the Evolving B2B Buyer's Journey [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWhat are the challenges B2B marketers face in the sales cycle? And, most important, how are they rising to meet those challenges?
How Klout Can Guide Your Online Marketing StrategyNicholas A. KosarIf you are a services professional of any kind, or you market for a services firm, here are five steps to take to improve you influence and the ROI of ...
The Most Important Element for Increasing Leads and SalesTom PickThe "consumerization" of B2B marketing is about reducing friction at all customer touchpoints. B2B vendors need to learn from friction-reducing techniques of consumer goods firms and retailers.
Results-Driven Marketing Creative in Four Steps, Part 4: Matching the Lead Gen ProcessCameron AveryCreative needs to go through one last stage (after briefing, concepting, and the selecting of the right medium) before it can deliver measurable results: It has to match the step-by-step ...
How B2B IT Buyers Use Social NetworksAyaz NanjiThe majority (57%) of B2B information technology buyers are using social networks as part their purchase decision process, according to a recent report from IDG Connect.
Eight Steps for Making 2014 Your Video Marketing YearMichael LittHere's a to-do list to jump-start your video marketing and make 2014 the year you excel in video—and impress prospects, demonstrate commitment to a medium customers crave, and remain relevant ...
Sales: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Revenue and the CMO: Author Glenn Gow Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHelping your company to embrace social selling doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing proposition: You can implement a pilot program to demonstrate how social media can have a positive impact on revenue. Glenn Gow shares tips for starting a successful ...
Are You a Smart Sales Manager? Josiane Feigon Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneInside sales expert and author Josiane Feigon discusses her new book, Smart Sales Manager, explains how to manage Millennials, and shares insights into how salespeople can cultivate relationships with social-savvy customers.
Mastering the Invisible Sale: Tom Martin Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Martin—founder of Converse Digital and author of The Invisible Sale—discusses his secrets for using content and social networking to drive business growth without cold calls, advertising, or pitching.
Entrepreneurial Spirit: The Founders of Barefoot Wine Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Houlihan and Bonnie Harvey started Barefoot Wine in a laundry room and grew it into one of the top US wine brands. They talk about how their approach to selling wine disrupted the industry, and what others can learn ...
Whiteboard Selling: Author Corey Sommers Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCorey Sommers, SVP of whiteboard strategy at Corporate Visions, is also co-founder of WhiteboardSelling, where he was CMO. In this episode of Marketing Smarts, he discusses the book he co-wrote with David Jenkins, Whiteboard Selling: Empowering Sales Through Visuals.
We Are Here to Persuade People: Michael Weiss of figure18 on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantMichael Weiss, managing director at figure18 and a veteran speaker, consultant, client advocate, and sales executive, has an interesting perspective on marketing and advertising, not to mention the role of the agency, in today's always-on, always-open business environment.
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
The Truth Is Unscripted: Adele Revella Talks Buyer Personas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"Buyer personas don't work if you make stuff up," Adele Revella told me during this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. "They work if you listen to customers first." But to gather real, actionable customer intelligence, you need to talk to ...
We Are All in Sales: Daniel Pink Talks Selling on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDan Pink argues that selling (especially in the form of persuading or convincing someone to do this or that) is deeply embedded in our nature. "We need to move away from thinking of selling something as a kind of unnatural, ...
Content, Social, Sales, and Community: Highlights From a Year of Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWe covered a range of topics on the Marketing Smarts podcast in 2012. In this episode we share some highlights on creating compelling content, allowing social media to humanize your organization, building community, and navigating the sometimes tricky relationship between ...
Sales: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Lead Gen in the Age of the Self-Directed BuyerBroadcast on 2/11/2014 with Jon MillerIn this free seminar, you'll get invaluable insights into the methodologies and metrics needed to optimize your lead gen efforts and increase conversions. Sponsored by Marketo
- Don't Just Generate the Lead, Control the OutcomeBroadcast on 1/21/2014 with Eric Marcy, Rupen ShahIn this free seminar, you'll learn how to deliver proactive coaching and just-in-time content to help your sales team push through obstacles and generate higher conversion rates. Sponsored by SAVO
- Put LinkedIn to Work: Five Simple Steps to Generate, Manage, and Close LeadsBroadcast on 1/9/2014 with Viveka von RosenThis PRO seminar will reveal the five simple steps needed to start generating more leads, engaging more effectively with your network, and closing more deals using LinkedIn.
- Eight Secrets to More Successful Collaboration Between Sales and MarketingBroadcast on 12/12/2013 with Matt HeinzThis PRO seminar uncovers eight of the best practices to help your organization (or your clients) accelerate down the path to sales and marketing collaboration nirvana.
- How to Avoid the Pitfalls of a Bad RFPBroadcast on 10/3/2013 with Cal HarrisonThis PRO seminar will help consultants and other professionals to understand their options when faced with a bad RFP, explore how to overcome the most common problem areas, and how to maximize their chances for success if they choose to proceed.
- Leveraging Data-Based Marketing to Find and Win the Invisible SaleBroadcast on 9/26/2013 with Tom MartinIn this PRO seminar, you will learn how to counter this new reality. We will discuss a detailed strategic and tactical framework that you can use to help these invisible buyers create trackable online buying signals that your sales teams can leverage to shorten the sales cycle and improve conversion rates.
- Seven B2B Marketing Confessions That Will Improve Your Marketing Efforts NowBroadcast on 5/23/2013 with John WallThis PRO seminar will provide you with a framework that will help you navigate our ever-changing field, and increase your odds of success.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Effectively Generate and Manage LeadsBroadcast on 7/12/2012 with James W. ObermayerThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's B2B Lead Roundup course will show you how to set the stage for success by identifying your targets and basic metrics, establishing qualifying buying stages, generating demand, and converting and continually nurturing leads.
- Sales Messaging That Closes the DealBroadcast on 6/21/2012 with Tim RiestererDiscover how to develop content marketing messages that help your salespeople close the deal and convince prospects to choose you.
- MarketingProfs University: Understanding and Engaging Today’s Connected BuyerBroadcast on 6/7/2012 with Tony ZambitoThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Digital Advertising Academy will get you inside the minds of your buyers and cover why understanding them is the first step to successful branding, marketing, and demand generation.
Sales: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Set Expectations for Your Outbound Telemarketing ProgramReleased on 2/21/2014 with Jenny VanceIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to estimate your campaign's return on investment before putting it into action. Assessing ROI ahead of time will help you understand what response rate you need and will allow you to put measures in place to reach your campaign goal.
- Take 10: How to Close More Opportunities—Immediately!Released on 1/31/2014 with Cal HarrisonLooking to shorten the sales cycle and close more leads? You can do just that by learning how to discern which opportunities are most viable and focus on those that you can quickly win.
- Take 10: Three Steps to Optimize Your Lead Nurturing ContentReleased on 12/20/2013 with Gretchen ScheimanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three steps for optimizing your lead nurturing content to your target audience, so you can help drive prospects closer to a sale.
- Take 10: What's in it for Them? Crafting a Compelling Value PropositionReleased on 10/18/2013 with Corey EastmanIn just 10 minutes you'll learn how to identify who your ideal customer really is, and what your unique value proposition should be in order to achieve product-market fit.
- Take 10: How to Collaborate Effectively and Turn Your Sales Team Into Marketing GroupiesReleased on 8/2/2013 with Peter GraceyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn quick, effective tips for collaborating with your sales team that will get them excited to sell harder and more effectively, ultimately turning them into marketing team groupies.
- Take 10: What Has Your Lead Generation Partner Done for You Lately?Released on 5/24/2013 with Jenny VanceIn just 10 minutes, we'll review a list of things your lead generation company should be doing for you. Here's a teaser: they should be doing more than just setting appointments.
- Take 10: Things to Consider Before Outsourcing Your Lead Gen EffortsReleased on 2/22/2013 with Jenny VanceIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through a list of considerations that you'll want to have in mind before deciding the best course of action for your company's lead generation process.
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Fascinate People with 7 Key TriggersReleased on 9/30/2011 with Sally HogsheadIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, Sally Hogshead explains how people and brands become fascinating. She discusses how to capitalize on your competitive advantage and identify your most fascinating trait.
- Take 10: How to Develop a Lead Management Process that Drives SalesReleased on 7/29/2011 with Carlos HidalgoIn this Take 10, Carlos Hidalgo of the Annuitas Group lays out the eight critical elements of a lead management framework that's built to last.
Sales: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best PracticesMarketing automation can have a big impact on your sales and marketing efforts. Learn the ins and outs of marketing automation capabilities, how to make the best use of them, and resources for selecting the best system for you with MarketingProfs' Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best Practices guide.
- Influencer Marketing Success StoriesInfluencer Marketing Success Stories features 13 companies that have leveraged the influence of outspoken opinion-makers and ordinary online reviewers to achieve their marketing objectives. With examples including Forbes Digital and Virgin America, this new Case Study Collection will show you how use influencer to boost brand awareness, introduce new products, increase sales, and more.
- Mobile Marketing Success StoriesMobile marketing campaigns can be inexpensive, easy to execute, and very profitable. See how 8 B2B and 11 B2C companies are using SMS, mobile websites, mobile ads, Smartphone applications, and Bluetooth marketing to achieve huge results.
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- Lead Generation How-To GuideGreat product, great sales team, great marketing collateral - now what? People to sell to, of course. Put your lead generation tactics under the microscope with this enlightening how-to guide. Get more and better qualified leads, faster today.
- Trade Show Marketing TemplateTrade show marketing is a high-risk, high-reward endeavor. This Template provides a sytematic look at trade show marketing. It walks you through selection and promotion, to follow-up and measurement. This step-by-step guide will insure your trade show marketing is effective, efficient, measurable, and successful.
- Marketing ROI and the Sales FunnelIn this guide, you will learn how to structure, motivate and measure the marketing and sales functions to maximize profit. Topics include: 1) a high-level self-assessment to determine potential sources of profit leakage; 2) how to map out and improve strategies related to the buying cycle; 3) how to apply marketing ROI principles to create strategies to reduce and recycle leakage from the buying cycle; and 4) how to leverage insight on your key profit drivers and customer-level analysis to improve profitability.