New Media: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Eight Ways to Rock Your Media MarketingLisa CalhounAccessibility to media, and how technology has changed what that looks like, is something many marketing organizations are not taking into account. Here are ways to take advantage of the ...
16 Podcast Hosting Tips I Learned From Marketing SmartsKerry O'Shea GorgoneThese are the podcasting lessons I've learned after hosting 40 episodes of the Marketing Smarts podcast.
The New Normal in Professional Services Marketing (Article 1 of 3)Nicholas A. KosarProfessional services marketing is not normally known for early adoption of cutting-edge techniques, likely because its role tends to revolve around reducing risk for clients. But the world has changed, ...
7 in 10 Adults Access Content From Newspaper Media Each WeekAyaz NanjiMost US adults—164 million (69%)—read newspaper media content in print or online in a typical week, or access it on mobile devices in a typical month, according to a recent ...
Digital Video Advertisers Up Budgets, Shift Spend From Display and TVVahe HabeshianAs online video becomes a part of the marketing plans of a growing cross-section of advertisers, 72% of video buyers' budgets increased in the past year; moreover, 48% of those ...
How to Tell a Visual Story (Even You, B2B): A Marketer's GuideAnn Handley, Nick WestergaardAs storytelling becomes more and more part of marketing, another trend is coming clearly into focus: Brands are becoming more visual. Businesses that aren't ready for this visual revolution will ...
US Trailing W. Europe and Canada in New Media AdoptionLenna GaribianDespite its wealth and stronger economic growth, the US is adopting new media technologies —smartphone, tablet, and IPTV (Internet protocol television)—at a slower pace than other countries. The US now ...
Interactive Display Media Forecast: $28B by 2017Online display ad spending in the US is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17% over the next five years, from an estimated $12.8 billion ...
Is This the Future of Content Marketing? Transmedia Storytelling EmergesLenna GaribianAs various technology platforms (e.g., social media, apps, tablets, smartphones, and TV) evolve to become more integrated with one another, more customizable, and more participatory, so are people's expectations around ...
Know Your Audience (and Where They Are and How to Reach Them)Bill McCabeTo achieve brand marketing goals, you must know your target audience—and how best to reach that group. Learn three key questions to ask before funneling marketing and ad dollars out ...
New Media: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
New Business Networking: Author Dave Delaney Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNashville-based consultant and "New Business Networking" author Dave Delaney shares tips for rebuilding your network after a move or a career change, including the role that social media sites like LinkedIn and Twitter should play in your networking efforts.
Newsjacking, Real-Time Marketing, and the NEW New Rules of Marketing and PR: David Meerman Scott Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneA perennial favorite of marketers and marketing instructors alike, The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott has sold 300,000 English-language copies over four editions. David discusses what's changed in marketing since the last edition, and how ...
New Media: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Selling Social to the C-SuiteBroadcast on 7/15/2010 with Brian SolisThis seminar will provide you with the insight and directives necessary to shift from the role of champion to business strategist and help you set a plan to convey the importance of engaging in social media to senior management.
- Bing Isn't Google: The Differences That Matter for Search MarketingBroadcast on 2/18/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerWhat should you do to best optimize your website for Bing that you aren't already doing for Google?
- Go Beyond Google: How to Gather Free B2B Competitive IntelligenceBroadcast on 2/4/2010 with Sean Campbell, Scott SwigartDiscovering insights about your B2B competitors requires tools, tips and some of your time. But not necessarily your money.
- Kicking Butt with Twitter: Guy Kawasaki's Marketing Tips and ToolsBroadcast on 10/15/2009 with Guy Kawasaki, Ann HandleySee how Guy and other notables successfully stretch Twitter's limits to engage with people and drive business their way.
- Not Blogging Yet? What Marketers Need to Know to Get StartedBroadcast on 3/26/2009 with Mack CollierBlogging isn't new, but if you're new to blogging, this seminar is your best starting point.
- Mobile Marketing: How to Harness the Power of the Small ScreenBroadcast on 11/20/2008 with Michael FoschettiMobile is becoming a powerful and personal channel for direct response marketing. Have you added it to your mix yet? Learn how!
- Twitter Like You Mean It: The Right Way to Tweet Your BrandBroadcast on 11/13/2008 with Alan WolkTwitter got a lot of media attention during the recent election. What's the fuss all about? And is there really a marketing opportunity here?
- Proven Ways to Create Engaging Online Customer ExperiencesBroadcast on 8/21/2008 with Denise ShiffmanIt isn't a blog or wiki that will set your company apart from the competition and engage loyal and passionate customers. Nor is it a quality product or value-added service, although that’s a good start. This is the Age of Engage...
- Prove It: Tools and Techniques to Measure the Effectiveness of Social Media CampaignsBroadcast on 7/24/2008 with Kami Watson HuyseSocial media may be a hot trend, but companies are still wondering how effective it is for reaching organizational objectives. Don't just accept anecdotal evidence—measurement is possible!
- Blogs, Tubes, Twitters, and More: Emerging Media's Impact on the Customer ExperienceBroadcast on 3/29/2007 with David ArmanoIn this seminar you will learn why it's so important to get the basics right in any of your interactive touch points, whether it be your traditional site — or that blog you’ve been experimenting with.
New Media: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: 8 Must-Have Apps for Showcasing Your Expertise on LinkedInReleased on 10/8/2010 with Jason AlbaIn this Take 10, LinkedIn expert Jason Alba explains which 8 applications every marketer and business owner on LinkedIn should consider to use and why they're essential for positioning your brand.
- Take 10: How to Set Up Website Profiles in Google AnalyticsReleased on 8/27/2010 with Justin CutroniAs the old saying goes: "Garbage in, garbage out." We don't want to fill Google Analytics with garbage or it will be useless when it comes time for analysis. In this Take 10 Justin Cutroni will walk you through some of the basic settings in Google Analytics to help make sure your data is correct and useful.
New Media: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.