Email Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Seven Email Innovations to Bring Context to Your CampaignsCatherine MagoffinInnovations are helping email to continue leading the way to more contextual and cross-channel experiences for consumers. Here are seven ways to tap into the contextual power of email.
The Five Most Effective (and Ineffective) Words in Email Subject LinesAyaz NanjiWhich words in subject lines significantly increase consumer opens of marketing emails, and which words significantly decrease opens?
How Marketers Grow Their Email ListsAyaz NanjiRequiring registration either to gain access to restricted areas within a website or to download premium content is the most effective tactic marketers say they use to grow their email ...
How to Connect With Email-Fatigued Prospects in Three Simple StepsChristopher LesterMany email recipients feel compelled to purge their inboxes and subscriptions at the start of each year. How can marketers deal with this detox mode—and make sure their messages (and ...
The Best Days and Times to Post Content [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiThe most popular days and times that brands post content to various marketing channels aren't necessarily the most effective, according to a series of reports from TrackMaven.
Increase Your (Mobile!) Email Open Rates: How to Optimize the Only Three Lines That MatterAaron OrendorffTo dramatically increase your mobile email open rates, let's take a look at exactly how to optimize the only three lines that matter.
The Top-Rated Email Marketing PlatformsAyaz NanjiSome 85% of marketers say their current email platform meets their needs and 84% are likely to recommend it to others, according to a recent report from G2 Crowd.
10 Do's and Don'ts of A/B-Testing Your Email Marketing CampaignsLauren TympelThere is no better way to determine the impact of a design, copy, or scheduling change on your email campaigns. But A/B testing can seem overwhelming to take on. These ...
What Consumers Dislike About Mobile EmailAyaz NanjiConsumers' top complaint with mobile email is that they get too many messages, according to a recent report from Liveclicker and the Relevancy Group.
The Most Important Elements of an Email CampaignAyaz NanjiEmail marketers say having quality data/lists is the key to successful email campaigns, according to a recent report from Howling Mad.
Email Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Digital Crown: Author Ahava Leibtag Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneContent strategy expert and author Ahava Leibtag shares practical tips for helping your organization develop a content marketing strategy.
The Tension Between Marketing and Sales Exposed! Silverpop's Ellen Valentine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantEllen Valentine, product evangelist at Silverpop and my guest this week on Marketing Smarts, has an interesting perspective on the perennial tension between Marketing and Sales: Technology is to blame! And it's likely the solution, too...
Achieving True Sales and Marketing Alignment: Constant Contact's Rick Jensen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantRick Jensen heads up both sales and marketing at Constant Contact, which is an interesting predicament to be in, considering the evolving relationship between Marketing and Sales. I thought he might have something interesting to say about the subject. I ...
Email Marketing for Rebels: DJ Waldow and Jason Falls on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAll rumors to the contrary, email marketing is not dead or dying. In fact, email is thriving, according to DJ Waldow and his co-conspirator Jason Falls, co-authors of the forthcoming book, The Rebel's Guide to Email Marketing, which explodes many ...
Email Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Ultimate Guide to Growing Your Email ListBroadcast on 2/10/2015 with Christopher Lester, Jamie BradleyJoin us for this free seminar to learn how can you get more people to notice your email signup form and actually sign up. This lively conversation with two email experts will give you real-world examples and easy-to-implement strategies that are proven to send email lists soaring. Sponsored by Emma
- MarketingProfs University: Customers Trump Analytics—Why Email Marketing Is About People, Not MetricsBroadcast on 12/4/2014 with Michael BarberIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the latest email trends and research, and dive into specific examples of email branding, acquisition, loyalty, and retention strategies. You'll learn how to maximize the return on your efforts through improved writing techniques, a deeper understanding of user groups and behaviors, and much more!
- The Sixth Sense of Marketing: How Our Primal Brain Rules When and Why We ClickBroadcast on 12/2/2014 with Christopher Lester, Jamie BradleyDid you know that eons of human evolution has hard-wired our brains to have gut reactions in three seconds or less? Combine that with the age of over-stuffed mailboxes and increasing mobile usage, and you have a recipe for getting lost in marketing oblivion. Join us for this free seminar to discover what we know about user experience and cognitive behavior, and how to use this information to better reach your customers and get the results you want. Sponsored by Emma
- Five Tips for Creating Email Subject Lines that Increase ConversionsBroadcast on 4/17/2014 with Kath PayIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss five tactical tips that will revolutionize how you write subject lines. You'll learn the secrets to writing compelling subject lines that can increase your conversions.
- The Psychology of Email Response: Persuasive Tactics for Increasing Engagement and ConversionBroadcast on 2/6/2014 with Karen TalaveraThis PRO seminar will unearth the root of what motivates people to action and how we can leverage this knowledge to improve email marketing results.
- How to Successfully Break the “Rules” of Email Marketing and Get Better ResultsBroadcast on 10/25/2012 with DJ Waldow, Jason FallsJoin DJ Waldow and Jason Falls as they highlight individuals and companies who don't follow the "best practices" of email marketing and have still found incredible success.
- MarketingProfs University: Developing an Email Strategy That Keeps People ConnectedBroadcast on 3/15/2012 with Morgan StewartThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Email Marketing Master Course will identify the critical strategic elements for successful email programs, tie those elements to your specific business objectives, and demonstrate how to continually optimize your email program based on customer feedback.
- Subject Lines: The Hidden Impact on Email Subscriber BehaviorBroadcast on 8/18/2011 with Dela QuistUncover the keys to developing a successful subject line strategy that focuses subscriber behavior over time during this PRO seminar. Learn why open rate alone doesn't indicate success.
- MarketingProfs University: 5 Email Marketing Trends You Can't IgnoreBroadcast on 5/12/2011 with Loren McDonaldJoin us for this special PRO seminar and kickoff to the all-new MarketingProfs University Email Marketing Essentials and learn how you can meet the challenges of email marketing in a world gone "mocial."
- Charting New Frontiers: Marketing Discoveries from the B2B ForumBroadcast on 4/21/2011 with B2B Forum SpeakersJoin us for this FREE preview seminar of the B2B Forum 2011 and discover what's working now in B2B marketing. Journey with four speakers from the B2B Forum 2011 and explore ways to generate more leads and sales from four key programs—marketing automation, online communities, email, and video marketing.
Email Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create Calls-to-Action That Drive ConversionsReleased on 2/20/2015 with Kath PayIn just 10 minutes, we'll reveal the secrets to creating a call-to-action that encourages the action you're after—whether it's downloads, sign-ups or sales. We'll discuss how to integrate your CTAS into your email program and how to make your CTAs appeal to your customers and prospects without being too pushy.
- Take 10: Three Principles That Will Increase Your Email Marketing ConversionsReleased on 2/28/2014 with Kath PayIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover strategies you can implement immediately to make a noticeable difference in the success of your email marketing campaigns.
- Take 10: Email Design for the Mobile Customer and Multi-Device WorldReleased on 1/10/2014 with Tim WatsonIn just 10 minutes, you’ll learn best practices and approaches for email design in a mobile, multi-device world.
- Take 10: Zero in on Your Audience to Improve Email Opens, Clicks, and ROIReleased on 8/23/2013 with Reggie BradyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six ways to segment your customers. You'll learn how to make your emails more relevant to your audience and improve your opens, clicks, and overall ROI.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Keep Your B2B Email and Customer Data CleanReleased on 4/19/2013 with Mary Ann KleinfelterIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five things you should be doing right now to keep your customer data clean and up-to-date.
- Take 10: Triggered Email Messages that Will Make Your Cash Register RingReleased on 3/29/2013 with Reggie BradyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about three types of triggered messages that you should add to your marketing arsenal.
- Take 10: Three High Impact Email Marketing Tests You Can Implement TodayReleased on 10/26/2012 with Hunter BoyleIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to implement a few quick and easy high-impact tests that will garner results.
- Take 10: Using Email to Nurture Your Leads on a BudgetReleased on 3/16/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to effectively nurture your leads via email without breaking the bank.
- Take 10: Five Tips for Starting an E-Newsletter That People WantReleased on 3/2/2012 with Margie ClaymanIn just 10 minutes, learn the basics you need to know before you launch an e-newsletter: how to start (and grow) a list for your newsletter, how to create a manageable content plan for your newsletter, and how to retain your readers once you have them.
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
Email Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Email Essentials: The Keys to Increasing Open RatesIn this 24-page guide, we begin by introducing email open rates, current industry averages, and ways to maximize your data accuracy. Then, we delve into six key factors that greatly impact email opens and offer various tips for improving your efforts in these areas.
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.
- Email Marketing Benchmark Report 2008This 150-page Email Benchmark Report 2008 was developed by surveying our very own MarketingProfs members. Find out what the competition is doing so your 2009 email marketing budget makes sense!
- Email Marketing How-To GuideGet the most up-to-date info on email marketing. Step-by-step guides and answers to all those annoying questions about contradicting metrics.
- E-Newsletter How-To GuideThe e-newsletter has become ubiquitous. Almost a dime a dozen. How do you make yours not only stand out in the inbox, but make a positive impact on your bottom line? This guide will show you how.
- Benchmark Survey: Communication SkillsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey about the skill level survey respondents have in various ways of communicating. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for you.