Email Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Guide the New Buyer's Journey With Marketing AutomationAtri ChatterjeeMarketing automation serves many purposes, but its biggest advantage is in enabling marketers to tailor their activities to the customer's buying process—which has changed dramatically in the past few years.
The Most Effective Email Subject Line LengthAyaz NanjiEmails with subject lines of 6-10 words have the highest open rates, yet most emails sent by marketers have subject lines of 11-15 words, according to a recent report from ...
The Most Commonly Used Email Marketing TacticsAyaz NanjiThe top three email tactics used by marketers are content relevancy, email personalization, and list segmentation, according to a recent report by Ascend2.
Are You Doing Email Wrong? Just Four Steps to Increase SalesJoy GendusaEffective follow-up equals more sales, yet most businesses do not follow up enough with prospects. Drip email marketing allows you to easily follow up as much as you want via ...
Determining Subscriber Value: What's an Email List Member Worth?Karen TalaveraHere are some approaches to assigning subscriber value even if you can't clearly attribute revenue by channel. You'll learn how to determine what each email subscriber is worth to your ...
4Q13 Email Trends and BenchmarksAyaz NanjiEmail volume grew in 4Q13, but open and click rates declined, according to a recent report from Yesmail Interactive.
Hail to the Chief... of Email Marketing [Infographic]Seamas EganOn this Presidents' Day, as you consider your next email campaign, think about tried-and-true presidential wisdom and its potential impact on your marketing efforts.
How Marketers Are Managing the Evolving B2B Buyer's Journey [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWhat are the challenges B2B marketers face in the sales cycle? And, most important, how are they rising to meet those challenges?
Email Marketing Tactics: What Worked (and What Didn't) in 2013Ayaz NanjiPersonalized promotional emails sent during 2013 had 29% higher unique open rates and 41% higher unique click rates than non-personalized mailings, according to a recent report from Experian Marketing Services.
Which Devices Are B2C Marketing Emails Opened On?Ayaz NanjiNearly two-thirds (65%) of B2C marketing emails were opened on either a smartphone or a tablet in 4Q13, up from 61% in 3Q13, according to recent data from Movable Ink.
Email Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Tension Between Marketing and Sales Exposed! Silverpop's Ellen Valentine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantEllen Valentine, product evangelist at Silverpop and my guest this week on Marketing Smarts, has an interesting perspective on the perennial tension between Marketing and Sales: Technology is to blame! And it's likely the solution, too...
Achieving True Sales and Marketing Alignment: Constant Contact's Rick Jensen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantRick Jensen heads up both sales and marketing at Constant Contact, which is an interesting predicament to be in, considering the evolving relationship between Marketing and Sales. I thought he might have something interesting to say about the subject. I ...
Email Marketing for Rebels: DJ Waldow and Jason Falls on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAll rumors to the contrary, email marketing is not dead or dying. In fact, email is thriving, according to DJ Waldow and his co-conspirator Jason Falls, co-authors of the forthcoming book, The Rebel's Guide to Email Marketing, which explodes many ...
Email Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Psychology of Email Response: Persuasive Tactics for Increasing Engagement and ConversionBroadcast on 2/6/2014 with Karen TalaveraThis PRO seminar will unearth the root of what motivates people to action and how we can leverage this knowledge to improve email marketing results.
- Cross-Channel Marketing Trends and Strategies for 2014Broadcast on 1/14/2014 with Douglas Turpel, Andy WernerDuring this seminar you'll discover ways to keep your marketing strategies fresh and relevant, and you'll also learn about top industry trends for 2014. Sponsored by Experian Marketing Services
- How to Successfully Break the “Rules” of Email Marketing and Get Better ResultsBroadcast on 10/25/2012 with DJ Waldow, Jason FallsJoin DJ Waldow and Jason Falls as they highlight individuals and companies who don't follow the "best practices" of email marketing and have still found incredible success.
- MarketingProfs University: Developing an Email Strategy That Keeps People ConnectedBroadcast on 3/15/2012 with Morgan StewartThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Email Marketing Master Course will identify the critical strategic elements for successful email programs, tie those elements to your specific business objectives, and demonstrate how to continually optimize your email program based on customer feedback.
- Subject Lines: The Hidden Impact on Email Subscriber BehaviorBroadcast on 8/18/2011 with Dela QuistUncover the keys to developing a successful subject line strategy that focuses subscriber behavior over time during this PRO seminar. Learn why open rate alone doesn't indicate success.
- MarketingProfs University: 5 Email Marketing Trends You Can't IgnoreBroadcast on 5/12/2011 with Loren McDonaldJoin us for this special PRO seminar and kickoff to the all-new MarketingProfs University Email Marketing Essentials and learn how you can meet the challenges of email marketing in a world gone "mocial."
- Charting New Frontiers: Marketing Discoveries from the B2B ForumBroadcast on 4/21/2011 with B2B Forum SpeakersJoin us for this FREE preview seminar of the B2B Forum 2011 and discover what's working now in B2B marketing. Journey with four speakers from the B2B Forum 2011 and explore ways to generate more leads and sales from four key programs—marketing automation, online communities, email, and video marketing.
- Fireside Chat: Hot Tips about Digital Marketing from DMFBroadcast on 12/16/2010 with Jen Kane, DJ Waldow, Janet Driscoll Miller, and Aaron StroutJoin us for this FREE online seminar and learn the latest techniques in digital marketing. Our experts—speakers at our upcoming Digital Marketing Forum—will touch on the topics that'll get your digital marketing all fired up in 2011.
- Leveraging Email, Mobile, and Social Media to Engage and Retain CustomersBroadcast on 11/18/2010 with Joel BookYou'll discover how two innovative companies—ScottsMiracle-Gro and Volvo Construction Equipment—integrate email, mobile and social media to attract, engage and retain customers.
- High-Performance Landing Pages that Boost Your Bottom Line (FREE)Broadcast on 11/19/2009 with Michael Goodman, Anna TalericoGetting them there isn't enough. Here's how you can improve the odds of converting a Web visitor into a customer.
Email Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Principles That Will Increase Your Email Marketing ConversionsReleased on 2/28/2014 with Kath PayIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover strategies you can implement immediately to make a noticeable difference in the success of your email marketing campaigns.
- Take 10: Email Design for the Mobile Customer and Multi-Device WorldReleased on 1/10/2014 with Tim WatsonIn just 10 minutes, you’ll learn best practices and approaches for email design in a mobile, multi-device world.
- Take 10: Zero in on Your Audience to Improve Email Opens, Clicks, and ROIReleased on 8/23/2013 with Reggie BradyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six ways to segment your customers. You'll learn how to make your emails more relevant to your audience and improve your opens, clicks, and overall ROI.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Keep Your B2B Email and Customer Data CleanReleased on 4/19/2013 with Mary Ann KleinfelterIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five things you should be doing right now to keep your customer data clean and up-to-date.
- Take 10: Triggered Email Messages that Will Make Your Cash Register RingReleased on 3/29/2013 with Reggie BradyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about three types of triggered messages that you should add to your marketing arsenal.
- Take 10: Three High Impact Email Marketing Tests You Can Implement TodayReleased on 10/26/2012 with Hunter BoyleIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to implement a few quick and easy high-impact tests that will garner results.
- Take 10: Using Email to Nurture Your Leads on a BudgetReleased on 3/16/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to effectively nurture your leads via email without breaking the bank.
- Take 10: Five Tips for Starting an E-Newsletter That People WantReleased on 3/2/2012 with Margie ClaymanIn just 10 minutes, learn the basics you need to know before you launch an e-newsletter: how to start (and grow) a list for your newsletter, how to create a manageable content plan for your newsletter, and how to retain your readers once you have them.
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10: How to Build a Better, Smarter Email ListReleased on 5/20/2011 with Michael MillerIn this Take 10, Michael Miller, author of The Ultimate Web Marketing Guide, takes you through the steps of building an email list, including where (and how) to get the right folks on it. He also offers suggestions for providing an email preference center for subscribers.
Email Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.
- Email Marketing Benchmark Report 2008This 150-page Email Benchmark Report 2008 was developed by surveying our very own MarketingProfs members. Find out what the competition is doing so your 2009 email marketing budget makes sense!
- Email Marketing How-To GuideGet the most up-to-date info on email marketing. Step-by-step guides and answers to all those annoying questions about contradicting metrics.
- E-Newsletter How-To GuideThe e-newsletter has become ubiquitous. Almost a dime a dozen. How do you make yours not only stand out in the inbox, but make a positive impact on your bottom line? This guide will show you how.
- Benchmark Survey: Communication SkillsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey about the skill level survey respondents have in various ways of communicating. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for you.
- Benchmark Survey: Email MarketingLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey of the ways companies are using email marketing, the cost savings they are experiencing, and the ways they combat list fatigue, declining open rates and other common email marketing challenges.With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.