Collaboration: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
10 Commandments for Getting the Most Out of Your Naming FirmBeth GerberYou bit the bullet and decided to hire a naming firm for your next branding initiative. You researched and you vetted, and you picked a firm that feels like a ...
Sweep Up More Fans With These Three TacticsTim McMullenUsing well-executed sweepstakes promotions, drawings, and contests to reach fans can increase the likelihood that members of your audience will share with their friends—AKA, your future audience.
Six Work Lessons Marketing Pros Can Learn From Social Media Best-PracticesBryan NielsonWe can learn plenty by observing how people use social media—and those lessons can apply to how we function as marketers at our places of work.
How to Get Executive Stakeholder Buy-in for Your Website Testing ProgramJeffrey VocellThe first step to a successful website testing and optimization program is ensuring that you have buy-in from your executives. However, buy-in is also crucial for ensuring long-term success.
How Marketing and IT Can Work TogetherErik SeveringhausAs digital marketing grows ascendant, the relationship between marketing and IT departments will become more dependent. Here's how to ensure both departments are working toward the same goal of delivering ...
Bridging Marketing and Finance: Don't Get Lost in TranslationLaura PattersonWhether your goal is to obtain a seat at the table or to prove the value of Marketing—or more easily obtain approval for your budget—you need a viable relationship with ...
Marketing-IT Alignment Is Possible: Why You Need Your IT DepartmentAdele SweetwoodAs customers change, the channels of engagement morph, and data explodes, ultimately it's going to be the partnership between IT and Marketing that will be the lynchpin to grasping new, ...
Seven Ways to Talk Your Financial Execs Out of Jargon and Bad WritingSusan WeinerSometimes you struggle to get your firm's executives to recognize the power of good writing. You edit their text, but they put the jargon and longwinded language back in. But ...
Three Modern SEO Best-Practices Every CEO, CMO, and CIO Should KnowCarrie MorganSo what do C-suite executives need to know about SEO? (Hint: it has more to do with enterprisewide collaboration than actual SEO skills like programming or copywriting.)
Use Social Media to Steal Market Share (and More Good Advice for CMOs)Susan GaneshanSocial media has proven itself an invaluable venue for businesses promoting their products and specials, but its value doesn't end there. Here are five ways CMOs can start getting more ...
Collaboration: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
No Pain, No Gain: Jonah Lehrer Discusses Debate, Dissent, and Creativity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOne of the rules of traditional brainstorming is... "Don't criticize anyone's ideas." But does that work? "Criticism is really good for the imagination," Jonah Lehrer explains in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts.
Collaboration: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Content Marketing Trends to Kick-Start Your Communications PlanBroadcast on 1/16/2014 with Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to give your communications plan a kick-start. Join us to draw inspiration from the best approaches and tactics in content marketing today.
- Eight Secrets to More Successful Collaboration Between Sales and MarketingBroadcast on 12/12/2013 with Matt HeinzThis PRO seminar uncovers eight of the best practices to help your organization (or your clients) accelerate down the path to sales and marketing collaboration nirvana.
- How to Avoid the Pitfalls of a Bad RFPBroadcast on 10/3/2013 with Cal HarrisonThis PRO seminar will help consultants and other professionals to understand their options when faced with a bad RFP, explore how to overcome the most common problem areas, and how to maximize their chances for success if they choose to proceed.
- How to Collaborate Effectively Within Your Organization to Strengthen Your BrandBroadcast on 11/15/2012 with Elaine FogelThis PRO seminar will give marketers the resources and inspiration they need to collaborate with other departments. You'll learn how to turn employees into brand ambassadors who will enhance customer relationships, advocate branding compliance, promote trust, and help your business.
- Sales Messaging That Closes the DealBroadcast on 6/21/2012 with Tim RiestererDiscover how to develop content marketing messages that help your salespeople close the deal and convince prospects to choose you.
- Cognitive Surplus: How Sharing and Collaboration Can Benefit Marketers in a Connected AgeBroadcast on 4/19/2012 with Clay ShirkyIn this seminar, Clay Shirky will show you how to tap into your customers' cognitive surplus by providing a platform for customer collaboration—and how this collaboration can turn into big positive results for your business. Plus you'll discover how you, as a marketer, can become more valuable to your company through the insights you gain by fostering this collaboration.
- How to Become a Social Business: Your Framework for SuccessBroadcast on 3/8/2012 with Sandy CarterIn this seminar, Sandy Carter of IBM will share how you can create your own social business agenda for greater competitive advantage. You'll discover how to use social tools to create new opportunities for growth, innovation and productivity across the business network—employees, customers and partners.
- The Truth About LeadsBroadcast on 3/17/2011 with Dan McDadeLearn the little-known secrets that focus your lead-generation efforts, align your sales and marketing organizations, and drive revenue growth. Seminar instructor Dan McDade will present 10 provocative questions to help you determine the effectiveness of your sales and marketing efforts.
- How To Be a Social Media Strategist, Not the Social Help DeskBroadcast on 1/27/2011 with Jeremiah OwyangIn this seminar, social media master Jeremiah Owyang points out the tremendous opportunity for marketers to develop social media programs that get ahead of day-to-day demands and instead operate as part of a longer-term, strategic plan.
- Five Ways to Integrate Mobile Into the B2B Marketing MixBroadcast on 11/4/2010 with Christina Kerley ("CK")Expert marketer Christina "CK" Kerley will take the mystery out of B2B mobile marketing show you five ways to integrate mobile into your marketing mix.
Collaboration: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Collaborate Effectively and Turn Your Sales Team Into Marketing GroupiesReleased on 8/2/2013 with Peter GraceyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn quick, effective tips for collaborating with your sales team that will get them excited to sell harder and more effectively, ultimately turning them into marketing team groupies.
- Take 10: How to Generate Big Ideas in Small, Easy StepsReleased on 12/2/2011 with Alicia ArnoldThe "forced connections" approach requires you to think of relations between two unrelated concepts in order to generate new ideas. In just 10 minutes, learn how to use this exercise in the problem-solving process. Along the way, you will see how posing questions about the problem at hand can help you find a solution.
Collaboration: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best PracticesMarketing automation can have a big impact on your sales and marketing efforts. Learn the ins and outs of marketing automation capabilities, how to make the best use of them, and resources for selecting the best system for you with MarketingProfs' Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best Practices guide.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- SWOT Analysis How-To GuideThis comprehensive, step-by-step how-to guide will help you assess the position in the market of your product or firm, by identifying the product's Strengths and Weaknesses, by considering the potential Opportunities the product has in the marketingplace, and by assessing the potential Threats posed by either the competition or the marketplace.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
- Sales & Marketing Alignment - Apr. 2005Need a little help getting your marketing efforts in sync with your sales efforts? Look no further. A 2005 study of MarketingProfs members worldwide found that companies that successfully aligned sales with marketing perform better in many sales measures than their “unaligned” competition. Aligned companies enjoyed 5.4% faster growth, 38% more proposals closed, 36% fewer customers lost, and 40% more new business coming from marketing leads than unaligned firms. Read the complete analysis and take advantage of the recommendations from this exhaustive report.
- Sales and Marketing AlignmentIn January 2005, MathMarketing and MarketingProfs obtained the views of marketing professionals from around the world about the alignment between Sales and Marketing. With 1390 detailed responses from businesses headquartered in 84 countries, we have a solid base of considered opinion. 32% of businesses see the alignment between Sales and Marketing as a ‘top three’ priority for the year ahead. This report has been prepared to shed light on why, and what these businesses are doing about it.
- Marketing ROI and the Sales FunnelIn this guide, you will learn how to structure, motivate and measure the marketing and sales functions to maximize profit. Topics include: 1) a high-level self-assessment to determine potential sources of profit leakage; 2) how to map out and improve strategies related to the buying cycle; 3) how to apply marketing ROI principles to create strategies to reduce and recycle leakage from the buying cycle; and 4) how to leverage insight on your key profit drivers and customer-level analysis to improve profitability.