Collaboration: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Brand It Like BeyoncéRoger DudlerBeyoncé is a shining example of how a public figure and a brand can intertwine. But it's not just individuals who can learn a great deal from the renowned and ...
Top 7 Reasons Creative Directors Need Digital Asset ManagementLeslie WellerFrom time savings and increased productivity to usage rights, asset protection, and more, DAM's day as an essential tool for creative directors has arrived. The rewards are plentiful, and the ...
17 Handy Tools for Entrepreneurs, Startups, and MarketersBeth WorthyBuilding a business is not easy, but thanks to ever-developing technology you have access to useful and effective tools that can simplify your work. Make yourself and your business more ...
10 Ways to Bridge the CMO-CIO Gap to Drive Business GrowthVictoria GodfreyMarketing is now data-driven, and if you're not informing marketing campaigns with data-derived insights, you will fall behind your competitors. Which is why CMOs and marketing teams need to collaborate ...
Common Challenges of Marketing-IT Collaborations [Infographic]Verónica JarskiToday's marketing and IT teams are collaborating on projects more frequently. Working together, however, can be very challenging.
How to Keep Client Projects on Track [Infographic]Verónica JarskiOverwhelmed by all the client projects you have to manage? Having a solid process can help you keep track of them.
Get Organized: Four Simple Ways to Keep Creative Projects on TrackJoe StaplesCreative teams thrive on flexibility, doing some of their best work when given the freedom to explore and experiment. But too much of a good thing can be, well, too ...
Marketing Video: Make Sales and Marketing a Power CoupleBen LemmersWhen Marketing and Sales can move beyond their differences and become a power couple, they have the ability to optimize their value and synchronize their efforts. And the company wins.
#SocialSkim: Twitter Sacks Facebook, Plus 13 More Stories in This Week's RoundupChristian NeriRead closely, because we spell out the future of social. Twitter landed a punch in social's quest to conquer sports and livestreaming, and WhatsApp finalized encryption that makes Apple vs. ...
Five Tips for Improving Sales Force ProductivityMarc McNamara, Brian ClearyYou as a marketer can take these five steps to address today's sales-force performance and productivity challenges and get the most out of your sales team right away.
Collaboration: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
No Pain, No Gain: Jonah Lehrer Discusses Debate, Dissent, and Creativity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOne of the rules of traditional brainstorming is... "Don't criticize anyone's ideas." But does that work? "Criticism is really good for the imagination," Jonah Lehrer explains in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts.
Collaboration: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Host a Marketing Growth HackathonBroadcast on 2/25/2016 with Paul RoetzerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how marketing hackathons bring together marketers, executives, and entrepreneurs to brainstorm and solve business growth challenges in an interactive, single-day event. We'll give you six steps to not only conduct your own marketing hackathon, but also to help you quickly identify campaigns with the greatest probability of impacting business results.
- Smarketing—What It Is and Why You Need to Master ItBroadcast on 9/24/2015 with Peter StrohkorbIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the recent phenomenon of smarketing: sales and marketing working together to be competitive in the new buyer's journey. We'll share examples of highly collaborative companies that have applied smarketing and the role it played in their success. You'll leave with actionable advice on how you can introduce this concept to your organization and an understanding of the benefits it can offer.
- Turn Marketing Technology Into a Competitive AdvantageBroadcast on 6/4/2015 with Scott BrinkerIn this PRO seminar, you'll receive an overview of the current state of the marketing technology landscape and we'll discuss the principles by which you can harness it as a competitive advantage. You'll walk away with a better understanding of the intersection between marketing and technology, and gain tips to build a better relationship between marketing and IT.
- MarketingProfs University: Modern Sales and Marketing AlignmentBroadcast on 4/9/2015 with Mathew SweezeyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss modern strategies and sales tools for aligning your marketing campaigns to support sales goals and show you how to identify sales-ready leads using behavioral scoring. You'll learn specific techniques to predict future lead handoffs, hold sales accountable for passed leads, and put safety nets in place to catch any that fall through the cracks.
- How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams on the Same Page to Meet Customer NeedsBroadcast on 5/22/2014 with John JantschIn this PRO seminar, veteran sales and marketing strategist John Jantsch will outline today's customer perspective and how to collaborate effectively with your sales team to adapt to your customers' changing needs.
- Content Marketing Trends to Kick-Start Your Communications PlanBroadcast on 1/16/2014 with Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to give your communications plan a kick-start. Join us to draw inspiration from the best approaches and tactics in content marketing today.
- Eight Secrets to More Successful Collaboration Between Sales and MarketingBroadcast on 12/12/2013 with Matt HeinzThis PRO seminar uncovers eight of the best practices to help your organization (or your clients) accelerate down the path to sales and marketing collaboration nirvana.
- How to Avoid the Pitfalls of a Bad RFPBroadcast on 10/3/2013 with Cal HarrisonThis PRO seminar will help consultants and other professionals to understand their options when faced with a bad RFP, explore how to overcome the most common problem areas, and how to maximize their chances for success if they choose to proceed.
- How to Collaborate Effectively Within Your Organization to Strengthen Your BrandBroadcast on 11/15/2012 with Elaine FogelThis PRO seminar will give marketers the resources and inspiration they need to collaborate with other departments. You'll learn how to turn employees into brand ambassadors who will enhance customer relationships, advocate branding compliance, promote trust, and help your business.
- Sales Messaging That Closes the DealBroadcast on 6/21/2012 with Tim RiestererDiscover how to develop content marketing messages that help your salespeople close the deal and convince prospects to choose you.
Collaboration: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Sales Metrics Marketing Should OwnReleased on 5/6/2016 with Samantha StoneIn just 10 minutes, we'll explain why it's time for marketers to take shared ownership of three traditional sales metrics and how, by doing so, you can improve collaboration and focus on activities which drive the business forward.
- Take 10: How to Create a YouTube Content Library With Google Hangouts On AirReleased on 4/17/2015 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the basic framework to build a content library of video with Google Hangouts On Air. This free and easy tool syncs up with your branded YouTube channel so you can build a content library with the support of experts, vendors, customers, and more. You'll also learn how to turn these videos into additional pieces of content to connect your brand with your target audience. And bonus—it'll help boost your SEO, too!
- Take 10: Hire, Outsource, or DIY—How to Assess Your Marketing NeedsReleased on 1/30/2015 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to determine which projects you can DIY, and which projects you should outsource or hire a contractor to handle. We'll discuss the pros and cons of outsourcing, how to decide when to use it versus using in-house personnel, and how to communicate your needs clearly for the best results.
- Take 10: How to Develop a Dynamic Creative Briefing DocumentReleased on 1/2/2015 with R. Stephen RayfieldIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss the key components of a creative briefing document. You'll be able to take what you learned and develop a document that provides solid direction and parameters to your agency, internal marketing communications team, and/or any other group that has a hand in developing your product or brand campaign.
- Take 10: Communication Is Key—How to Organize a Successful Distributed Team MeetingReleased on 12/12/2014 with Pam DidnerIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to close the gap between cross-regional teams and establish an effective communications process. You'll walk away with best practices for rallying everyone to work towards the same goals and an agenda of healthy topics to address in your team meetings.
- Take 10: How to Collaborate Effectively and Turn Your Sales Team Into Marketing GroupiesReleased on 8/2/2013 with Peter GraceyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn quick, effective tips for collaborating with your sales team that will get them excited to sell harder and more effectively, ultimately turning them into marketing team groupies.
- Take 10: How to Generate Big Ideas in Small, Easy StepsReleased on 12/2/2011 with Alicia ArnoldThe "forced connections" approach requires you to think of relations between two unrelated concepts in order to generate new ideas. In just 10 minutes, learn how to use this exercise in the problem-solving process. Along the way, you will see how posing questions about the problem at hand can help you find a solution.
Collaboration: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Marketing Automation SuccessIn this 24-page guide, you'll learn step-by-step what to do to effectively plan, prepare, implement, assess, and improve your marketing automation program for optimal results.
- Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best PracticesMarketing automation can have a big impact on your sales and marketing efforts. Learn the ins and outs of marketing automation capabilities, how to make the best use of them, and resources for selecting the best system for you with MarketingProfs' Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best Practices guide.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- SWOT Analysis How-To GuideThis comprehensive, step-by-step how-to guide will help you assess the position in the market of your product or firm, by identifying the product's Strengths and Weaknesses, by considering the potential Opportunities the product has in the marketingplace, and by assessing the potential Threats posed by either the competition or the marketplace.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
- Sales & Marketing Alignment - Apr. 2005Need a little help getting your marketing efforts in sync with your sales efforts? Look no further. A 2005 study of MarketingProfs members worldwide found that companies that successfully aligned sales with marketing perform better in many sales measures than their “unaligned” competition. Aligned companies enjoyed 5.4% faster growth, 38% more proposals closed, 36% fewer customers lost, and 40% more new business coming from marketing leads than unaligned firms. Read the complete analysis and take advantage of the recommendations from this exhaustive report.
- Sales and Marketing AlignmentIn January 2005, MathMarketing and MarketingProfs obtained the views of marketing professionals from around the world about the alignment between Sales and Marketing. With 1390 detailed responses from businesses headquartered in 84 countries, we have a solid base of considered opinion. 32% of businesses see the alignment between Sales and Marketing as a ‘top three’ priority for the year ahead. This report has been prepared to shed light on why, and what these businesses are doing about it.
- Marketing ROI and the Sales FunnelIn this guide, you will learn how to structure, motivate and measure the marketing and sales functions to maximize profit. Topics include: 1) a high-level self-assessment to determine potential sources of profit leakage; 2) how to map out and improve strategies related to the buying cycle; 3) how to apply marketing ROI principles to create strategies to reduce and recycle leakage from the buying cycle; and 4) how to leverage insight on your key profit drivers and customer-level analysis to improve profitability.