Direct Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Three Powerful Ways to Measure the Impact of Your Email MarketingKaren TalaveraThough email campaign process metrics such as delivery, open, and click-through rates have their place, if you don't look beyond them... the true impact of your email marketing—and opportunities for ...
From Broadcast to Unicast: Quick, Easy Steps to Engage Your Customers via SocialKerry ReillyMoving from one-size-fits-all broadcasting to highly targeted communications that are personalized and timely, and in the consumers' preferred channel... that's the proven path to marketing success in today's world.
Is Your Email Subject Line Creative... or Deceptive?DJ WaldowSo where does the line get drawn between a creative, compelling email subject line and one that is deceptive (and, therefore, illegal)?
Mobile Innovation (Part 1): Welcome to Your Innovation Moment, MarketersChristina "CK" KerleyMobile devices are the first thing people reach for in the morning, and the last thing they look at before going to bed. Mobile is at the center of your ...
Which Genres of Branded Video Work Best?Allan JohnsonWhat's the best way to establish connections with video viewers? Storytelling. But a great story does not guarantee success. Your video's genre plays a large role in determining whether you'll ...
Email Volume Up 5%; Opens Highest on Saturdays, SundaysLenna GaribianEmail volume increased 5.4% in the fourth quarter of 2012 vs. the same period a year earlier, though volume levels varied dramatically by industry, according to the Experian Marketing Services ...
Top 10 Content Marketing Strategy Mistakes, and How to Correct Them (Part 1 of 3)Tommy Walker"Content marketing strategy" is a phrase that gets thrown around quite a bit, but how well do we really understand it? Not well at all, which is why content marketers ...
Want Effective Calls to Action? Use 'Action Trains'Alex BeckerThe most difficult task in marketing is to get people to take the action you want them to take. But once they have, getting them to take one more is ...
Lessons From the Greatest Marketer of All Time... Expelled From OxfordMatt D'alesioHe is, of course, David Ogilvy, who was given the educational opportunity of a lifetime at the University of Oxford, then expelled (for undisclosed reasons). Here are some lessons you ...
Your Guide to Getting Started With Digital SignageTodd HemmeWhen you see a screen displaying some type of message, image, or video, you are seeing a digital sign. These design tips will help you with your first digital display, ...
Direct Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Create Advertising Campaigns that Make Men Do What You WantBroadcast on 5/28/2009 with Steve McNamaraNow's your chance to learn how to think like the Creative Director of a bigshot ad agency.
- Small Business Series: How to Advertise on a Modest BudgetBroadcast on 10/19/2007 with Michael GoodmanMichael Goodman has been responsible for annual advertising budgets ranging from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars, in consumer, B2B, services, information, entertainment and not-for-profit situations. He’s learned advertising from recognized masters of the craft, and stumbled across some truths on his own.
- Testing, Testing -- The Last (and Best) Direct Marketing TacticBroadcast on 3/15/2007 with Bill BairdYou'll learn exactly how to test, what to test, and where to test to maximize your marketing ROI. You'll leave with concrete principles and practical, real-life case study examples in both B2C and B2B environments.
- Crash Course #9: Direct Marketing Techniques for B-to-B Lead GenerationBroadcast on 3/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this seminar you will learn the essentials of generating qualified leads and tracking them to closure. Using examples from companies like IBM, Sprint, and Dun & Bradstreet, this seminar reviews the process of lead generation campaign planning and execution.
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, it’s become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
- Crash Course #7: Integrated Media Planning in B-to-B Direct MarketingBroadcast on 2/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this information-packed session, we will discuss the media opportunities available to B2B marketers for customer acquisition. We'll cover the standard workhorses, like mail, phone and trade shows, as well as the new options, like prospecting databases and insert media.
- Crash Course #6: Direct Marketing Creative SavvyBroadcast on 1/25/2007 with Lee Marc SteinThis 90-minute session will offer dozens of examples of good and bad creative. These examples will come from both B2B and B2C efforts, and from lead generation as well as direct sell campaigns.
- Crash Course #5: The Wide World of Direct Marketing on the WebBroadcast on 1/18/2007 with Jane WeberThis information-packed session will be a fast-paced scan of major online marketing trends and best practices. This session will offer examples from top marketers, including a successful magazine publisher.
- Crash Course #4: Integrated Media Planning in Direct Marketing to ConsumersBroadcast on 12/14/2006 with Shari AltmanIn this information-packed session, we discuss the strategic and operational issues that you need to consider when determining which combination of media are most suitable for reaching your target market.
- Crash Course #3: How to Craft a Compelling Direct Marketing Offer and Call-to-ActionBroadcast on 11/30/2006 with Cyndi GreenglassIn this seminar, you'll learn how to develop an offer strategy based on your marketing objectives, and how to match that strategy to multiple target audience segments. We'll examine the differences between lead generation and direct sales offers.
Direct Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Effectively Use Traditional Marketing in the Digital AgeReleased on 4/6/2012 with Elaine FogelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how you can use traditional marketing (print advertising, direct mail, etc.) as the perfect complement to your digital marketing strategy.
Direct Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Direct Marketing How-To Guide: Your Template for Optimal Media Selection for B2B MarketingFind out what's new, what's hot and what's not in B2B marketing trends.
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.