Direct Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How Much Time Do Employees Spend on Social Media at Work?Ayaz NanjiTwo-thirds of workers in the United States say they check social media while on the job, according to recent research from Bambu by Sprout Social.
Sales and Marketing Collateral: A Guide to Printing MaterialsNicholas BrownPrint collateral is still an important sales and marketing medium. To produce strongly branded, high-impact print media, you need to know what materials work best together. So here are must-know ...
Which US States and Cities Have the Highest Ad Click Rates?Ayaz NanjiAmericans living in the South, on the East Coast, and in eastern Midwest states are much more likely to click on digitals ads than the rest of the country is, ...
The State of Digital Video AdvertisingAyaz NanjiMarketers are reprioritizing video advertising budgets, shifting their spend from traditional to digital video, according to a recent report from Aol.
Generation Gap: Online Content Consumption and AgeAyaz NanjiHow do the online content consumption habits of Millennials, Generation Xers, and Baby Boomers differ?
The Three Keys to Mastering Marketing in Today's Noisy MarketplaceLinda PopkyToday's marketing environment is noisy and crowded. We have so many new techniques to promote our products and services that the chaos and clutter are getting worse. How do you ...
Five New Ways to Use Push to Make Mobile More ActionableMallory LeeIdeally, your mobile app will do more with a push message than simply display an "FYI" or reminder. Here are some new ways that you may not have considered before ...
How Small Businesses Are Using Social Media [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiNearly half (47%) of small businesses do not actively use social media, and 25% say they are unlikely to use social media in the future, according to a survey conducted ...
Conversion Benchmarks for Seven Types of Online FormsAyaz NanjiConversion rates for forms included on Web pages vary widely by the type of form being used, according to recent research by Formstack.
Eye-Tracking Study: Native Ads vs. Banner AdsAyaz NanjiNative ads in digital news feeds receive significantly more visual attention from consumers than banner ads do, according to a recent report from Sharethrough and Nielsen.
Direct Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How Fulfillment Giant Pitney Bowes Is Powering Modern Marketing: Grant Miller on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHow does a postage meter company thrive in the era of digital marketing? By powering location technology for Twitter, for one. Grant Miller of Pitney Bowes shares the company's agile development philosophy—and more.
Direct Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Create Advertising Campaigns that Make Men Do What You WantBroadcast on 5/28/2009 with Steve McNamaraNow's your chance to learn how to think like the Creative Director of a bigshot ad agency.
- Small Business Series: How to Advertise on a Modest BudgetBroadcast on 10/19/2007 with Michael GoodmanMichael Goodman has been responsible for annual advertising budgets ranging from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars, in consumer, B2B, services, information, entertainment and not-for-profit situations. He’s learned advertising from recognized masters of the craft, and stumbled across some truths on his own.
- Testing, Testing -- The Last (and Best) Direct Marketing TacticBroadcast on 3/15/2007 with Bill BairdYou'll learn exactly how to test, what to test, and where to test to maximize your marketing ROI. You'll leave with concrete principles and practical, real-life case study examples in both B2C and B2B environments.
- Crash Course #9: Direct Marketing Techniques for B-to-B Lead GenerationBroadcast on 3/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this seminar you will learn the essentials of generating qualified leads and tracking them to closure. Using examples from companies like IBM, Sprint, and Dun & Bradstreet, this seminar reviews the process of lead generation campaign planning and execution.
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, it’s become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
- Crash Course #7: Integrated Media Planning in B-to-B Direct MarketingBroadcast on 2/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this information-packed session, we will discuss the media opportunities available to B2B marketers for customer acquisition. We'll cover the standard workhorses, like mail, phone and trade shows, as well as the new options, like prospecting databases and insert media.
- Crash Course #6: Direct Marketing Creative SavvyBroadcast on 1/25/2007 with Lee Marc SteinThis 90-minute session will offer dozens of examples of good and bad creative. These examples will come from both B2B and B2C efforts, and from lead generation as well as direct sell campaigns.
- Crash Course #5: The Wide World of Direct Marketing on the WebBroadcast on 1/18/2007 with Jane WeberThis information-packed session will be a fast-paced scan of major online marketing trends and best practices. This session will offer examples from top marketers, including a successful magazine publisher.
- Crash Course #4: Integrated Media Planning in Direct Marketing to ConsumersBroadcast on 12/14/2006 with Shari AltmanIn this information-packed session, we discuss the strategic and operational issues that you need to consider when determining which combination of media are most suitable for reaching your target market.
- Crash Course #3: How to Craft a Compelling Direct Marketing Offer and Call-to-ActionBroadcast on 11/30/2006 with Cyndi GreenglassIn this seminar, you'll learn how to develop an offer strategy based on your marketing objectives, and how to match that strategy to multiple target audience segments. We'll examine the differences between lead generation and direct sales offers.
Direct Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Five Keys to a Better Direct Mail ListReleased on 8/21/2015 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the different types of prospect lists available as well as tips to help you select the right list to reach new customers. You'll also learn how to enhance and segment your existing marketing data to drive better results from your direct mail campaign.
- Take 10: Five Scannable Hot Spots in Your Copy That Boost ResponseReleased on 11/7/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to highlight the key selling points and calls to action by strategically placing them in the five hot spots your readers' eyes gravitate to. You'll walk away with tips on how to develop more persuasive and effective copy that is organized in a way that will encourage response.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Use Direct Mail More EffectivelyReleased on 4/18/2014 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll look at the anatomy of a successful direct mail piece, dive into six reasons why direct mail is (still) effective, and show you how you to boost the ROI of your direct mail campaigns.
- Take 10: How to Effectively Use Traditional Marketing in the Digital AgeReleased on 4/6/2012 with Elaine FogelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how you can use traditional marketing (print advertising, direct mail, etc.) as the perfect complement to your digital marketing strategy.
Direct Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Direct Marketing How-To Guide: Your Template for Optimal Media Selection for B2B MarketingFind out what's new, what's hot and what's not in B2B marketing trends.
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.