Direct Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How (and Why) Millennials Interact With Brands on Social NetworksAyaz NanjiFor online interaction with companies or brands, Facebook is the most popular platform among Millennials, followed by Twitter and Pinterest, according to recent research from the Center for Marketing Research ...
Five Tips to Enhance Your Call to ActionStephanie ThompsonA good call to action is a lot more than just a link. Rarely will you get someone to follow your CTA simply by asking them. So use these lessons ...
The Art and Science of Growing Your Email List: Determining Subscriber Acquisition CostKaren TalaveraSo how can you go about determining the value of new subscribers—as well as the limits of what you’d be willing to pay to get one?
Print's Not Dead: Print Marketing Will Thrive in 2014 and BeyondVladimir GendelmanEven as technology evolves and online marketing grows, print is (and will remain) an effective tool for delivering your marketing messages to your audience.
Eight Steps to Setting Up a Successful Email Marketing Welcome SeriesBen LiauRemarketing emails aren't a new thing, and marketers have been doing it for years. But many companies still don't have a proper welcome series set up to welcome new subscribers ...
Email Subject Lines: Words and Tactics That Boost Open RatesAyaz NanjiEmail subject lines that convey a sense of urgency, such as those that contain "urgent" or "important," have open rates that are much higher than normal, according to a recent ...
Effective Direct Response Marketing: One-Shot vs. CampaignMichael ZipurskyYou can go about direct response in two common ways: An extremely targeted one-shot approach that goes for the sale right away, or a campaign approach that has a distinct, ...
The Most Effective Retailers on Social MediaAyaz NanjiAutoZone is the most effective US retailer on social media, followed by BJ's Wholesale Club, Wal-Mart, Costco, and Walgreens, according to a recent analysis by Blueocean Market Intelligence.
Native Advertising Trends: Brands See Value, Publishers Like Sponsored PostsAyaz NanjiThe majority (62%) of digital content publishers now offer native advertising opportunities, such as sponsored blog posts, and 41% of brands have already run native advertising campaigns, according to a ...
Social Media Strategies: How Top Brands Staff, Budget, and MeasureAyaz NanjiMarketers at large brands are increasingly devoting a significant number of staff positions to social media: 46.5% of companies with revenues of more than $1 billion now have 50 or ...
Direct Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Create Advertising Campaigns that Make Men Do What You WantBroadcast on 5/28/2009 with Steve McNamaraNow's your chance to learn how to think like the Creative Director of a bigshot ad agency.
- Small Business Series: How to Advertise on a Modest BudgetBroadcast on 10/19/2007 with Michael GoodmanMichael Goodman has been responsible for annual advertising budgets ranging from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars, in consumer, B2B, services, information, entertainment and not-for-profit situations. He’s learned advertising from recognized masters of the craft, and stumbled across some truths on his own.
- Testing, Testing -- The Last (and Best) Direct Marketing TacticBroadcast on 3/15/2007 with Bill BairdYou'll learn exactly how to test, what to test, and where to test to maximize your marketing ROI. You'll leave with concrete principles and practical, real-life case study examples in both B2C and B2B environments.
- Crash Course #9: Direct Marketing Techniques for B-to-B Lead GenerationBroadcast on 3/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this seminar you will learn the essentials of generating qualified leads and tracking them to closure. Using examples from companies like IBM, Sprint, and Dun & Bradstreet, this seminar reviews the process of lead generation campaign planning and execution.
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, it’s become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
- Crash Course #7: Integrated Media Planning in B-to-B Direct MarketingBroadcast on 2/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this information-packed session, we will discuss the media opportunities available to B2B marketers for customer acquisition. We'll cover the standard workhorses, like mail, phone and trade shows, as well as the new options, like prospecting databases and insert media.
- Crash Course #6: Direct Marketing Creative SavvyBroadcast on 1/25/2007 with Lee Marc SteinThis 90-minute session will offer dozens of examples of good and bad creative. These examples will come from both B2B and B2C efforts, and from lead generation as well as direct sell campaigns.
- Crash Course #5: The Wide World of Direct Marketing on the WebBroadcast on 1/18/2007 with Jane WeberThis information-packed session will be a fast-paced scan of major online marketing trends and best practices. This session will offer examples from top marketers, including a successful magazine publisher.
- Crash Course #4: Integrated Media Planning in Direct Marketing to ConsumersBroadcast on 12/14/2006 with Shari AltmanIn this information-packed session, we discuss the strategic and operational issues that you need to consider when determining which combination of media are most suitable for reaching your target market.
- Crash Course #3: How to Craft a Compelling Direct Marketing Offer and Call-to-ActionBroadcast on 11/30/2006 with Cyndi GreenglassIn this seminar, you'll learn how to develop an offer strategy based on your marketing objectives, and how to match that strategy to multiple target audience segments. We'll examine the differences between lead generation and direct sales offers.
Direct Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Effectively Use Traditional Marketing in the Digital AgeReleased on 4/6/2012 with Elaine FogelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how you can use traditional marketing (print advertising, direct mail, etc.) as the perfect complement to your digital marketing strategy.
Direct Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Direct Marketing How-To Guide: Your Template for Optimal Media Selection for B2B MarketingFind out what's new, what's hot and what's not in B2B marketing trends.
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.