Public Relations: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Facebook Mood Manipulator, and News From Snapchat, Reddit, Instagram, More!Angela NatividadStill peeved about Facebook manipulating your feelings? A clever Mood Manipulator plugin lets you decide how your News Feed feels. We've also got Snapchat news, Reddit Live, an Instagram case ...
10 Marketing Lessons From the World CupJosh HaynamThere are lessons for all marketers in these 10 marketing plays that helped the 2014 World Cup become the most watched in history.
Eight Ways to Rock Your Media MarketingLisa CalhounAccessibility to media, and how technology has changed what that looks like, is something many marketing organizations are not taking into account. Here are ways to take advantage of the ...
It's a New Brand World: 14 Things You Need to Know About Marketing Communications TodayLinda KearnsWhat does it take to work successfully as a marketing communications professional in today's world?
#SocialSkim: Your Content Strategy, Facebook's Emotion Experiment, Google's Orkut, More!Angela NatividadReady to wave those Fourth of July flags? Before you do, get the skinny on Facebook's gigantic emotion experiment (which may have happened on your news feed). See how brands ...
The Skinny on PR and How to Make It Work for YouWendy MarxTo help you navigate the world of PR in today's world, here’s a road map to understanding its contours and features—along with tips on how to get some of that ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook Ad Plans, Teen Instagram Use, the World Cup, Wikipedia and PR, More!Angela NatividadScore! (some best-practices for #WorldCup marketing, that is.) You'll also learn this week about the ways teens use Instagram, Facebook's ad plans for customer Web browser history, and the new ...
How the Information Age Killed Public Relations... and What You Can Do About ItLisa CalhounThe original flavor of PR is dying, and we're in the process of watching a whole new era of marketing rise from the ashes.
#SocialSkim: Oreo Snack Hacks, the Worst Gaffe Ever, Fewer Likes Ahead, More!Angela NatividadFind out how Oreo turned snack hacks into a contagious campaign. See why fewer brands will be asking you to "Like" anytime soon, possibly the worst social media gaffe to ...
Why the Future of Digital Marketing Is Pure PRGerald HeneghanSavvy digital marketers who use the methodologies of public relations in a sustained and strategic manner across the board can reap a potential world of benefits.
Public Relations: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Trouble With Half-Truths: 'Spin Sucks' Author Gini Dietrich Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNoted communication professional, speaker, and "Spin Sucks" author Gini Dietrich explains how lying or "spinning" damages brands in the long run, and how to take an ethical approach to PR that drives positive business results.
Newsjacking, Real-Time Marketing, and the NEW New Rules of Marketing and PR: David Meerman Scott Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneA perennial favorite of marketers and marketing instructors alike, The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott has sold 300,000 English-language copies over four editions. David discusses what's changed in marketing since the last edition, and how ...
Marketing Strategy for Colleges and Universities: 'Social Works' Author Michael Stoner Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Stoner shares insights he gained from compiling 25 case studies in higher education marketing, and how marketers can build integrated marketing plans that maximize audience reach using traditional channels, social media, and emerging platforms.
Trolls, Jerks, and 'Civility in the Digital Age': Author Andrea Weckerle Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneOnline conflicts can cost businesses thousands of dollars (and hours) to resolve. Attorney Andrea Weckerle, author of Civility in the Digital Age, explains how you can protect yourself when a situation turns ugly.
Cause Marketing and Autism Awareness: Jason Falls of CafePress Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJason Falls of CafePress talks about cause marketing, Autism Awareness Month, and how businesses of any size can give back to the community.
What Is the Secret to Social Media Success? LoveTheCool's Michelle McCormack [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, social media consultant Michelle McCormack shares four key lessons she's learned about social media success—and what it takes to attain it.
Public Relations: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The NEW New Rules of Marketing and PR for 2013Broadcast on 7/25/2013 with David Meerman ScottDavid Meerman Scott, author of the internationally best-selling book, The New Rules of Marketing & PR, will share what's NEW with the New Rules in this PRO seminar.
- How to Become a Social Business: Your Framework for SuccessBroadcast on 3/8/2012 with Sandy CarterIn this seminar, Sandy Carter of IBM will share how you can create your own social business agenda for greater competitive advantage. You'll discover how to use social tools to create new opportunities for growth, innovation and productivity across the business network—employees, customers and partners.
- B2B Social Media Power HourBroadcast on 2/2/2012 with David B. Thomas, Nichole Kelly, Tim WasherJoin us for this FREE preview seminar of SocialTech '12 and learn how to strengthen your customer relationships and increase revenues though social media marketing.
- Is Your Company Ready to Respond to a Social Media Crisis?Broadcast on 9/29/2011 with Jeremiah OwyangJoin us as analyst and thought leader Jeremiah Owyang presents his latest research with MarketingProfs detailing how companies plan for social business crises.
- Brand Detractors and Brand Evangelists: How to Connect with Influential Citizen MarketersBroadcast on 1/28/2010 with Jackie HubaHeard of sneezers? These are the folks talking about your brand that you want to reach. Here's how.
- Engage or Die: The Insider’s Guide to Social Media for Marketing and PRBroadcast on 8/27/2009 with Brian SolisIs Social Media killing PR? Yes, if you're ignoring the communities that influence what people say about your brand.
- What Matters Now in Branding: Ten Ideas to Get RefocusedBroadcast on 5/21/2009 with Jonathan Salem BaskinIs everything you learned about branding in B-school still relevant? Give Jonathan Salem Baskin 90 minutes this Thursday, and he just might change your mind!
- How to Make Your B-to-B Website a Lead Generation MachineBroadcast on 2/26/2009 with Bob DeStefanoWhat's your website done for you lately? Bet it could be doing MORE...
- Lose Control of your Marketing: The NEW New Rule of Marketing & PRBroadcast on 1/7/2009 with David Meerman ScottKick off 2009 with a shake-down of the outdated assumptions too many marketers won't abandon. It's time to shift some tactics!
- Link Building for Online Publicity, Buzz and SEO: What's New and What's Tried and TrueBroadcast on 12/18/2008 with Stephan Spencer, Eric WardTune in to this seminar and get the insider's guide on building great inbound links to climb higher in search engine results.
Public Relations: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create an Emotional Connection with a CustomerReleased on 5/9/2014 with Christine M. BarneyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three easy steps to determine the type of brand you are, build your brand's reputation, and tune in to your customers' needs. Armed with this knowledge, you'll guarantee the customer experience matches the brand promise and turn fence-sitters into evangelists.
- Take 10: How to Convince People to Take Action for Your CauseReleased on 3/30/2012 with Katya AndresenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to make your cause stand out by making it relatable; compelling donors to take action.
- Take 10: How to Deal With Negative Comments on FacebookReleased on 8/19/2011 with Paul ChaneyDuring this 10-minute tactical webcast, you'll learn how to manage comments from your Facebook Page's admin panel, filter out certain words or phrases, and set permissions on what fans can and cannot post.
- Take 10: How to Create Your Own Online Press RoomReleased on 5/6/2011 with Michael MillerIn this Take 10, Michael Miller gives you the skinny on how to create an online press room that generates publicity and new business. Learn what to include, how to promote it, and give investors and the press easy access to the news they're looking for.
Public Relations: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Sales & Marketing Alignment - Apr. 2005Need a little help getting your marketing efforts in sync with your sales efforts? Look no further. A 2005 study of MarketingProfs members worldwide found that companies that successfully aligned sales with marketing perform better in many sales measures than their “unaligned” competition. Aligned companies enjoyed 5.4% faster growth, 38% more proposals closed, 36% fewer customers lost, and 40% more new business coming from marketing leads than unaligned firms. Read the complete analysis and take advantage of the recommendations from this exhaustive report.
- Sales and Marketing AlignmentIn January 2005, MathMarketing and MarketingProfs obtained the views of marketing professionals from around the world about the alignment between Sales and Marketing. With 1390 detailed responses from businesses headquartered in 84 countries, we have a solid base of considered opinion. 32% of businesses see the alignment between Sales and Marketing as a ‘top three’ priority for the year ahead. This report has been prepared to shed light on why, and what these businesses are doing about it.