Public Relations: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Flip Your Media Plan: From Old-School Marketing to Digital in Three StepsSusan SolomonChanges are coming, actually more quickly than they have in decades. Even for old-school industries, it's time to make important shifts in strategy—to rethink marketing and flip our media plans ...
12 Tools to Help You Avoid PR and Marketing Workload StressorsShirley PattisonPublic relations and marketing professionals know how hard it is to keep on top of a never-ending workload. But we are living in the Digital Age, and we have access ...
How to Make a Negative Review a Positive ExperienceHolly CordnerYour first instinct on seeing a negative online review may be to immediately and vigorously defend your business. But don't overreact. You may well be able to turn the situation ...
How to Build an Instagram Influencer Campaign in Six StepsRyan StewartDiscover how to identify, contact, and work with influential Instagram users for your own marketing campaigns.
What You Need to Do to Become a Thought LeaderEd BarksLet's take a look at three content delivery approaches you can use to launch a thought leadership campaign for yourself or the executives you advise.
Seven Content Marketing Tips for Media Pickup and Massive ExposureLarry KimUnless you're a Fortune 500 company, mainstream and even industry media probably won't cover your acquisition, new hire, or other news. But you can use content marketing to break into ...
Pitching Content to Publications: Mistakes to Avoid and Best-PracticesAyaz NanjiHow long should should content pitches to media outlets be? Should they include fully formed assets or, instead, opportunities to collaborate? Do publishers value exclusive research? What are the biggest ...
Sprinklr Acquires Branderati: Why You Should CareAnn HandleyAs digital communities grow in both size and influence, so does the need to go beyond the number of community members and into something more meaningful: driving true business through ...
How to Develop Rapport With Influencers via Social MediaVibhu SatpaulThe influencers in your niche are probably receiving hundreds of friendly requests a day. The trick behind successful outreach is to stand out and catch the intended party's attention—and maintain ...
#SocialSkim: Robin Williams, Promoted Tweets, a Viral Challenge, Cozying Up to Business, More...Angela NatividadSee how the 'Net and brands celebrated Robin Williams's colorful life. Find out how many marketers have dived into Promoted Tweets, what online challenge is going viral, and how YouTube ...
Public Relations: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Power Up Through Experiential Marketing: Shell's Chris Hayek Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Hayek, director of global brand management for Shell Lubricants, explains his approach to integrated marketing, communicating innovation, and creating experiences that bring the brand to life for consumers.
The Marketing Performance Blueprint: PR 20/20 Founder Paul Roetzer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePaul Roetzer—founder of inbound marketing agency PR 20/20, author of The Marketing Agency Blueprint—shares tips for smart staffing and measuring marketing results from his latest book, The Marketing Performance Blueprint.
The Trouble With Half-Truths: 'Spin Sucks' Author Gini Dietrich Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNoted communication professional, speaker, and "Spin Sucks" author Gini Dietrich explains how lying or "spinning" damages brands in the long run, and how to take an ethical approach to PR that drives positive business results.
Newsjacking, Real-Time Marketing, and the NEW New Rules of Marketing and PR: David Meerman Scott Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneA perennial favorite of marketers and marketing instructors alike, The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott has sold 300,000 English-language copies over four editions. David discusses what's changed in marketing since the last edition, and how ...
Marketing Strategy for Colleges and Universities: 'Social Works' Author Michael Stoner Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Stoner shares insights he gained from compiling 25 case studies in higher education marketing, and how marketers can build integrated marketing plans that maximize audience reach using traditional channels, social media, and emerging platforms.
Trolls, Jerks, and 'Civility in the Digital Age': Author Andrea Weckerle Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneOnline conflicts can cost businesses thousands of dollars (and hours) to resolve. Attorney Andrea Weckerle, author of Civility in the Digital Age, explains how you can protect yourself when a situation turns ugly.
Cause Marketing and Autism Awareness: Jason Falls of CafePress Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJason Falls of CafePress talks about cause marketing, Autism Awareness Month, and how businesses of any size can give back to the community.
What Is the Secret to Social Media Success? LoveTheCool's Michelle McCormack [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, social media consultant Michelle McCormack shares four key lessons she's learned about social media success—and what it takes to attain it.
Public Relations: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Convergence Imperative: How Social, Content, and PR Combine for Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 8/7/2014 with Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll gain a deep understanding of how success in search requires the combination of 'holy smokes' content, strong social media, and brilliant PR. You'll learn how to apply this effective combination to your online and offline marketing efforts.
- The NEW New Rules of Marketing and PR for 2013Broadcast on 7/25/2013 with David Meerman ScottDavid Meerman Scott, author of the internationally best-selling book, The New Rules of Marketing & PR, will share what's NEW with the New Rules in this PRO seminar.
- How to Become a Social Business: Your Framework for SuccessBroadcast on 3/8/2012 with Sandy CarterIn this seminar, Sandy Carter of IBM will share how you can create your own social business agenda for greater competitive advantage. You'll discover how to use social tools to create new opportunities for growth, innovation and productivity across the business network—employees, customers and partners.
- B2B Social Media Power HourBroadcast on 2/2/2012 with David B. Thomas, Nichole Kelly, Tim WasherJoin us for this FREE preview seminar of SocialTech '12 and learn how to strengthen your customer relationships and increase revenues though social media marketing.
- Is Your Company Ready to Respond to a Social Media Crisis?Broadcast on 9/29/2011 with Jeremiah OwyangJoin us as analyst and thought leader Jeremiah Owyang presents his latest research with MarketingProfs detailing how companies plan for social business crises.
- Brand Detractors and Brand Evangelists: How to Connect with Influential Citizen MarketersBroadcast on 1/28/2010 with Jackie HubaHeard of sneezers? These are the folks talking about your brand that you want to reach. Here's how.
- Engage or Die: The Insider’s Guide to Social Media for Marketing and PRBroadcast on 8/27/2009 with Brian SolisIs Social Media killing PR? Yes, if you're ignoring the communities that influence what people say about your brand.
- What Matters Now in Branding: Ten Ideas to Get RefocusedBroadcast on 5/21/2009 with Jonathan Salem BaskinIs everything you learned about branding in B-school still relevant? Give Jonathan Salem Baskin 90 minutes this Thursday, and he just might change your mind!
- How to Make Your B-to-B Website a Lead Generation MachineBroadcast on 2/26/2009 with Bob DeStefanoWhat's your website done for you lately? Bet it could be doing MORE...
- Lose Control of your Marketing: The NEW New Rule of Marketing & PRBroadcast on 1/7/2009 with David Meerman ScottKick off 2009 with a shake-down of the outdated assumptions too many marketers won't abandon. It's time to shift some tactics!
Public Relations: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create an Emotional Connection with a CustomerReleased on 5/9/2014 with Christine M. BarneyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three easy steps to determine the type of brand you are, build your brand's reputation, and tune in to your customers' needs. Armed with this knowledge, you'll guarantee the customer experience matches the brand promise and turn fence-sitters into evangelists.
- Take 10: How to Convince People to Take Action for Your CauseReleased on 3/30/2012 with Katya AndresenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to make your cause stand out by making it relatable; compelling donors to take action.
- Take 10: How to Deal With Negative Comments on FacebookReleased on 8/19/2011 with Paul ChaneyDuring this 10-minute tactical webcast, you'll learn how to manage comments from your Facebook Page's admin panel, filter out certain words or phrases, and set permissions on what fans can and cannot post.
- Take 10: How to Create Your Own Online Press RoomReleased on 5/6/2011 with Michael MillerIn this Take 10, Michael Miller gives you the skinny on how to create an online press room that generates publicity and new business. Learn what to include, how to promote it, and give investors and the press easy access to the news they're looking for.
Public Relations: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Sales & Marketing Alignment - Apr. 2005Need a little help getting your marketing efforts in sync with your sales efforts? Look no further. A 2005 study of MarketingProfs members worldwide found that companies that successfully aligned sales with marketing perform better in many sales measures than their “unaligned” competition. Aligned companies enjoyed 5.4% faster growth, 38% more proposals closed, 36% fewer customers lost, and 40% more new business coming from marketing leads than unaligned firms. Read the complete analysis and take advantage of the recommendations from this exhaustive report.
- Sales and Marketing AlignmentIn January 2005, MathMarketing and MarketingProfs obtained the views of marketing professionals from around the world about the alignment between Sales and Marketing. With 1390 detailed responses from businesses headquartered in 84 countries, we have a solid base of considered opinion. 32% of businesses see the alignment between Sales and Marketing as a ‘top three’ priority for the year ahead. This report has been prepared to shed light on why, and what these businesses are doing about it.