Public Relations: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Managing Online Reputation: What to Listen for, and WhereWilson RajThe cost of managing an online crisis or reputation issue can seem limitless. Worse, bad news travels online at turbo-charged speeds: A negative tweet or nasty video can end up ...
NOOB Technique Demystifies Cloud Computing [Infographic]With the launch of its patent-pending Neo-Organizational Optimization Brainstorm (NOOB) technique, independent strategic technology communications and PR practice Eastwick today announced it has exposed what really happens in the Cloud.
The Benefits of Byline Authorship, and How to Do It RightCathy CaldeiraGet this content marketing and PR tactic right, and you'll gain authority in your market, you'll improve your search engine optimization (SEO), and you'll spark conversations that can generate leads. ...
Brands as Real-Time Content Creators: Expected or Unrealistic?Ann Handley, Tim WasherIn an inaugural segment of our video series, we take a look at a fundamental question: In our newly social age, is it incumbent on brands to be always at ...
The Social Super Bowl XLVII [Infographics]Verónica Maria JarskiSuper Bowl XLVII could be called the "Super Bowl of the Third Screen." Viewers turned to their laptops, smartphones, and tablets to comment via social media on ads, the half-time ...
Buffalo Chicken Dip: Search Engine Super Bowl Champ (Four Seasonal Keyword Research Tips)Larry KimEvery industry has its version of "buffalo chicken dip," a product or concept with big seasonal peaks. By anticipating those keyword trends and having your search marketing campaigns at the ...
Customer Service via Twitter: A Social Media Experiment [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAs an experiment in customer service via social networks, in this case Twitter, Software Advice recently had four employees send customer service tweets via their personal accounts to 14 leading ...
Buried Treasure: How to Find Great Content Right Under Your NoseTerri ThorntonYour PR folks have access to content treasure you didn't know you had—without weighing down your team or running up the bill. Here are some easy ways they can help ...
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook: Who's Hiring, Must-Have SkillsLenna GaribianFully one-third (33.3%) of advertising and marketing executives surveyed say they are planning to fill design or marketing positions in the first quarter of 2013, according to a survey from ...
How to Tell Your Brand's Story: Four Questions You Must AnswerBeth McKennaWhatever happened to Cinderella's shoe? Who knows? It didn't go viral. Put another way: Story generation and the way we develop content have changed, so you must change, too—and answer ...
Public Relations: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Marketing Strategy for Colleges and Universities: 'Social Works' Author Michael Stoner Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Stoner shares insights he gained from compiling 25 case studies in higher education marketing, and how marketers can build integrated marketing plans that maximize audience reach using traditional channels, social media, and emerging platforms.
Trolls, Jerks, and 'Civility in the Digital Age': Author Andrea Weckerle Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneOnline conflicts can cost businesses thousands of dollars (and hours) to resolve. Attorney Andrea Weckerle, author of Civility in the Digital Age, explains how you can protect yourself when a situation turns ugly.
Cause Marketing and Autism Awareness: Jason Falls of CafePress Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJason Falls of CafePress talks about cause marketing, Autism Awareness Month, and how businesses of any size can give back to the community.
What Is the Secret to Social Media Success? LoveTheCool's Michelle McCormack [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, social media consultant Michelle McCormack shares four key lessons she's learned about social media success—and what it takes to attain it.
Public Relations: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Become a Social Business: Your Framework for SuccessBroadcast on 3/8/2012 with Sandy CarterIn this seminar, Sandy Carter of IBM will share how you can create your own social business agenda for greater competitive advantage. You'll discover how to use social tools to create new opportunities for growth, innovation and productivity across the business network—employees, customers and partners.
- B2B Social Media Power HourBroadcast on 2/2/2012 with David B. Thomas, Nichole Kelly, Tim WasherJoin us for this FREE preview seminar of SocialTech '12 and learn how to strengthen your customer relationships and increase revenues though social media marketing.
- Is Your Company Ready to Respond to a Social Media Crisis?Broadcast on 9/29/2011 with Jeremiah OwyangJoin us as analyst and thought leader Jeremiah Owyang presents his latest research with MarketingProfs detailing how companies plan for social business crises.
- Brand Detractors and Brand Evangelists: How to Connect with Influential Citizen MarketersBroadcast on 1/28/2010 with Jackie HubaHeard of sneezers? These are the folks talking about your brand that you want to reach. Here's how.
- Engage or Die: The Insider’s Guide to Social Media for Marketing and PRBroadcast on 8/27/2009 with Brian SolisIs Social Media killing PR? Yes, if you're ignoring the communities that influence what people say about your brand.
- What Matters Now in Branding: Ten Ideas to Get RefocusedBroadcast on 5/21/2009 with Jonathan Salem BaskinIs everything you learned about branding in B-school still relevant? Give Jonathan Salem Baskin 90 minutes this Thursday, and he just might change your mind!
- How to Make Your B-to-B Website a Lead Generation MachineBroadcast on 2/26/2009 with Bob DeStefanoWhat's your website done for you lately? Bet it could be doing MORE...
- Lose Control of your Marketing: The NEW New Rule of Marketing & PRBroadcast on 1/7/2009 with David Meerman ScottKick off 2009 with a shake-down of the outdated assumptions too many marketers won't abandon. It's time to shift some tactics!
- Link Building for Online Publicity, Buzz and SEO: What's New and What's Tried and TrueBroadcast on 12/18/2008 with Stephan Spencer, Eric WardTune in to this seminar and get the insider's guide on building great inbound links to climb higher in search engine results.
- Marketing in an Economic MeltdownBroadcast on 10/10/2008 with Michael GoodmanEveryone is buzzing about the U.S. economic mess, but are you simply wondering how your business should react? Come hear the smart moves that six highly-regarded marketers think you should make—and dumb moves to avoid.
Public Relations: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Convince People to Take Action for Your CauseReleased on 3/30/2012 with Katya AndresenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to make your cause stand out by making it relatable; compelling donors to take action.
- Take 10: How to Deal With Negative Comments on FacebookReleased on 8/19/2011 with Paul ChaneyDuring this 10-minute tactical webcast, you'll learn how to manage comments from your Facebook Page's admin panel, filter out certain words or phrases, and set permissions on what fans can and cannot post.
- Take 10: How to Create Your Own Online Press RoomReleased on 5/6/2011 with Michael MillerIn this Take 10, Michael Miller gives you the skinny on how to create an online press room that generates publicity and new business. Learn what to include, how to promote it, and give investors and the press easy access to the news they're looking for.
Public Relations: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Sales & Marketing Alignment - Apr. 2005Need a little help getting your marketing efforts in sync with your sales efforts? Look no further. A 2005 study of MarketingProfs members worldwide found that companies that successfully aligned sales with marketing perform better in many sales measures than their “unaligned” competition. Aligned companies enjoyed 5.4% faster growth, 38% more proposals closed, 36% fewer customers lost, and 40% more new business coming from marketing leads than unaligned firms. Read the complete analysis and take advantage of the recommendations from this exhaustive report.
- Sales and Marketing AlignmentBenchmark Sales Mtkg Alignment