Mobile Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
What Marketers Need to Know About Snapchat [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiSnapchat has emerged from its murky roots to become a popular app with 100 million daily active users. So, should marketers consider having a strategy for this video messaging app?
#SocialSkim: How Facebook's Latest Algo Change Affects You, Plus 13 More Stories in This Week's RoundupChristian NeriFind out about Facebook's latest algo update and open-to-all livestreaming, and whether you've got access to Instagram's multi-account support test. Also: a cool lesson from GaryVee on how Snapchat benefits ...
Four Examples of Businesses and Technologies Taking Mobile Marketing to the Next LevelAlp MimarogluMobile marketing is by no means new, but it has been so refined in recent years that its toolsets and techniques are growing increasingly effective—and, more important, increasingly seamless.
#SocialSkim: Twitter's Darkest Days, Facebook's New Like Buttons, Plus More Stories in This Week's RoundupChristian NeriThis week is filled with drama and big changes at the biggest social networks. Get the scoop on Twitter's executive exodus and Facebook's "like" button alternatives. Also: Facebook's newly expanded ...
How Often (and Why) Consumers Delete Mobile Apps From Their PhonesAyaz NanjiMost smartphone users in the United States regularly go through their phones to look for and delete unused apps, according to a recent report from Yahoo Advertising.
A Legal FAQ for Online Retailers and MarketersDaniel R. WarnerOnline retailing is a booming business—as are concomitant scams. So let's review a few frequently asked questions about the legalities of e-tailing and online marketing.
#SocialSkim: Will Social Kill Websites in 2016? Plus 13 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadThis week is packed with marketing portents: Why brands might want to prioritize websites less (and social content discovery more), and a Google ad tool to help brands market live ...
How to Seize the Untapped Mobile Opportunity in 2016Eric HolmenMobile marketing has come a long way, but there's still progress to be made in technology, analytics, and strategy. Most notably, it's time for a paradigm shift: to think of ...
#SocialSkim: Peach Buzz.... All About the New Messaging App, Plus 10 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadWhat's Peach, and why's the world abuzz about it? You'll also find out who's rivaling Facebook in mobile video views, how Messenger's getting a serious boost, and score a handy ...
How Digital Marketing Will Change in 2016 [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiCheck out these eight predictions about what marketers will focus on in the new year and how technology will create changes in digital marketing.
Mobile Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Going Bananas for Minions and Mobile: FunMobility CEO Adam Lavine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAdam Lavine, CEO of mobile-first marketing agency FunMobility, shares insights from the firm's award-winning interactive campaign for Chiquita Bananas featuring gamification and character tie-ins from the motion picture Minions.
Win With Mobile Games: Kevin Bachus of Dave & Buster's on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKevin Bachus, co-creator of the Xbox, senior VP of entertainment and games strategy at Dave & Buster's, discusses how the company uses mobile games to stay connected with customers between visits.
Focus on Lifetime Value: InMobi's Bob Bahramipour on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFormer Gigwalk CEO and ad-tech industry veteran Bob Bahramipour of InMobi offers insight into the future of mobile advertising, the metrics that really matter, and the role of corporate culture in building a successful global company.
The Mobile Commerce Revolution: Tim Hayden Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTim Hayden, co-author of the forthcoming book The Mobile Commerce Revolution, shares insights into consumer behavior, how mobile affects that behavior, and how marketers can embrace the seismic shift that mobile represents.
Becoming a Social Business: Marcus Nelson of Addvocate Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarcus Nelson, founder of Addvocate, shares insights into how companies can empower employees as brand advocates (and why they should)!
QR Codes Kill Kittens: Author Scott Stratten Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneScott Stratten's expressed his frustration with QR codes in no uncertain terms. His most recent book—QR Codes Kill Kittens—provides example after example of poorly executed marketing concepts that will make you want to laugh and cry at the same time.
Social, Mobile, and the Future of Sports Marketing: Michelle Andres of the Baltimore Ravens Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichelle Andres, vice-president of digital media for the Baltimore Ravens, explains how the organization rose to social media prominence in the NFL and turned its official website from a lonely afterthought into the online destination for fans.
Marketing Smarts Podcast: Making the Most of the Mobile Momentby Matthew Grant"Mobile is a behavior. It's not a technology." That's what Tim Hayden, CMO of 44Doors, told me when we discussed the "mobile moment" in this episode of our Marketing Smarts podcast.
Mobile Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Mobile But Were Afraid to AskBroadcast on 7/10/2014 with Jamie TurnerIn this PRO seminar, we'll take a deeper dive into the world of mobile. We'll address some of the most frequently asked questions including how to get past the basics and take the next steps, how to measure the ROI of your campaigns, the most common mistakes made, and more.
- Marketing Campaign Strategies for the Social and Mobile WorldBroadcast on 5/16/2013 with Rebecca WardlowThis PRO seminar will help you get your mobile-first plan in place by teaching you how consumers are using their mobile devices to connect with businesses!
- MarketingProfs University: 5 Email Marketing Trends You Can't IgnoreBroadcast on 5/12/2011 with Loren McDonaldJoin us for this special PRO seminar and kickoff to the all-new MarketingProfs University Email Marketing Essentials and learn how you can meet the challenges of email marketing in a world gone "mocial."
- 8 Triggers that Turn Customer Distraction into TractionBroadcast on 4/14/2011 with Adrian OttLearn how to manage customer time to your advantage with the eight key triggers that drive customer time and attention.
- Leveraging Email, Mobile, and Social Media to Engage and Retain CustomersBroadcast on 11/18/2010 with Joel BookYou'll discover how two innovative companies—ScottsMiracle-Gro and Volvo Construction Equipment—integrate email, mobile and social media to attract, engage and retain customers.
- Five Ways to Integrate Mobile Into the B2B Marketing MixBroadcast on 11/4/2010 with Christina Kerley ("CK")Expert marketer Christina "CK" Kerley will take the mystery out of B2B mobile marketing show you five ways to integrate mobile into your marketing mix.
- Turning Social into Local: Generating Local Leads and Customer EngagementBroadcast on 5/6/2010 with John JantschJoin award-winning social media publisher John Jantsch to learn how to integrate social media, local search, and mobile marketing to generate new leads and deepen relationships with existing customers.
- Getting Brand Exposure with an iPhone App: Easier (and Cheaper) Than You ThinkBroadcast on 12/10/2009 with Carla WhiteThink putting your brand in someone's pocket is impossible? Maybe not!
- Mobile Marketing: How to Harness the Power of the Small ScreenBroadcast on 11/20/2008 with Michael FoschettiMobile is becoming a powerful and personal channel for direct response marketing. Have you added it to your mix yet? Learn how!
Mobile Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Simple Tweaks to Attract More On-the-Go Mobile UsersReleased on 10/31/2014 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn design tips to optimize your mobile site and emails, and what statistics can help you create a satisfying mobile experience for your on-the-go customer. With these simple tweaks, your mobile site can be used quickly and efficiently, and will keep your customers coming back.
- Take 10: How to Create Mobile Friendly ContentReleased on 4/26/2013 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll get some easy tips on how to make your content mobile-friendly and easily digestible for your customers.
- Take 10: Five Secrets of Successful Mobile App Landing PagesReleased on 9/28/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to power-up your social engagement with smart phone users. Brian will share with you five cutting-edge tips for deel-linking traditional web, email, and ad media directly into pages inside of today's most mobile apps.
- Take 10: Three Tips for Creating a Great Mobile WebsiteReleased on 7/27/2012 with Heather ClancyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple and fool-proof tips to help you create an effective mobile website.
- Take 10: Five Key Ways to Optimize Your QR Code PerformanceReleased on 7/20/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five keys to great QR code execution, including how to use QR codes to help build a stronger brand, how to entice users to scan your code, and how to measure the success of your campaign.
- Take 10: Five Powerful SEO Tips for Getting Your Mobile Apps RankedReleased on 6/15/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five powerful SEO tips that will help get your mobile app ranked in the search engines.
- Take 10: How to Future-Proof Your Marketing TodayReleased on 3/11/2011 with Michael MillerIn this short webcast, Michael Miller, author of The Ultimate Web Marketing Guide, will give you a glimpse of the changes we can expect to see in six fields of digital marketing.
Mobile Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Post-Mobilegeddon Survival GuideThis 24-page guide will teach you how to optimize your website for mobile so that your home base can be badged "mobile friendly" and earn the search rank it deserves.
- Mobile Marketing Success StoriesMobile marketing campaigns can be inexpensive, easy to execute, and very profitable. See how 8 B2B and 11 B2C companies are using SMS, mobile websites, mobile ads, Smartphone applications, and Bluetooth marketing to achieve huge results.