LinkedIn: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Three Steps to Writing a Stellar LinkedIn Profile SummaryWilliam ArrudaIf you had to choose one digital branding profile to work on, focus on your LinkedIn profile. Why? Because, in business, it's often the first place people go when they ...
LinkedIn Lessons From Game of Thrones: Seven Ways to Develop Connections (Part 2)Larry KimIn Part 2, you'll discover more lessons from Westeros's favorite characters and clans about how marketers can develop connections on LinkedIn.
Does Posting More Content Lead to More Engagement?Ayaz NanjiBrands are producing much more content now, but the engagement with each piece of content is less than it was two years ago, according to a recent report from Track ...
Social Network Data: Usage Trends, Demographic ProfilesAyaz NanjiFacebook remains by far the most popular social media site in the United States, according to a recent report from the Pew Research Center's Internet and American Life Project.
The Ultimate Social Network Cheat Sheet [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiSo many social media networks! So many limits on image characteristics and the number of text characters! How can you keep track of the different image and text requirements of ...
LinkedIn Lessons From Game of Thrones: Seven Ways to Develop Connections (Part 1)Larry KimWe might be in a Game of Thrones dry spell these days, but that's no reason not to glean some real-world lessons from Westeros's favorite characters and clans about how ...
Nine Ways to Sharpen Your Customer Research (Part 2 of 2)Will BluntIn part 2 of this article, you'll discover six more practical ways to derive valuable insights about your customers.
How B2B Software SMBs Are Using Social MediaAyaz NanjiSmall and midsize B2B software companies use Twitter the most of all the major social networks, according to a recent report from Blurbi.
The 18 Publishers That Are Shared Most on Social NetworksAyaz NanjiOnly a few publishers have mastered the art of consistently getting their content shared on social networks, according to a report from Fractl and Buzzsumo.
#SocialSkim: Ello, Top 10 Vines Chart, iPhone's Bending, Twilight on Facebook, More!Angela NatividadWhat's Ello, anyway? Get its story. We also found the first-ever Brand Vine chart (Top 10 Vines). And we look at how brands responded to the iPhone 6 bending (yes, ...
LinkedIn: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Raising the Roof With B2B Social Media: GAF Roofing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEmily Videtto and Alyssa Hall host the "Style My House" Facebook page for GAF, a 129-year-old roofing manufacturer with a complex B2B sales cycle. Videtto and Hall share their secrets to reaching a new audience through social media, audience research, ...
Rock 'n' Roll 'n' Social Media: Jason Miller of LinkedIn Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJason Miller of LinkedIn offers tips for content marketing and the effective use of LinkedIn, and shares insights from his new book, Welcome to the Funnel: Proven Tactics to Turn Your Content and Social Media Up to 11.
The Digital Marketer: Larry Weber and Lisa Henderson Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFrom native advertising and content strategy to how the C-Suite has evolved, Larry Weber and Lisa Henderson discuss what marketers need to know to stay relevant in their industry.
Promote Yourself: Author Dan Schawbel Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBestselling author and millennial branding expert Dan Schawbel shares career tips and insights from his book, Promote Yourself: The New Rules for Career Success.
Are You a Smart Sales Manager? Josiane Feigon Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneInside sales expert and author Josiane Feigon discusses her new book, Smart Sales Manager, explains how to manage Millennials, and shares insights into how salespeople can cultivate relationships with social-savvy customers.
LinkedIn: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Put LinkedIn to Work: Five Simple Steps to Generate, Manage, and Close LeadsBroadcast on 1/9/2014 with Viveka von RosenThis PRO seminar will reveal the five simple steps needed to start generating more leads, engaging more effectively with your network, and closing more deals using LinkedIn.
- 'Where's Waldo?' Getting Found and Gaining New Business on LinkedInBroadcast on 10/14/2010 with Mark AmtowerLinkedIn is the near-perfect venue for attracting the types of customers you need for your business, but it is all too easy to be lost in the "crowd." This seminar provides tips and tactics that you can start using today to make sure you stand out and find business, from someone who uses LinkedIn successfully every day.
- New Tips on Marketing with LinkedIn TodayBroadcast on 2/25/2010 with Mario SundarWhat's new with LinkedIn? And how can a marketer put it to work?
- Using Facebook to Market Your Offering, Enhance Your Brand, and Develop CommunityBroadcast on 6/26/2008 with Jason AlbaFacebook isn't just a playground for college students — it’s a great place to be to enhance your brand and sell your stuff, and smart marketers should understand how to take advantage of it.
- Connecting the Dots: How LinkedIn Can Enhance Your Marketing (and Your Marketing Career)Broadcast on 5/29/2008 with Jason AlbaLinkedIn is said to be the leading online professional network. In this 90-minute seminar, you'll see LinkedIn used in a number of different ways as it is a tool that can enhance personal brands, help you with research, give you access to new networks, and portray you as the marketing professional you are.
- How Connected People and Companies Are Winning Big in the Tech-Savvy Consumer PlaygroundBroadcast on 7/25/2007 with Lisa JohnsonOld business models are collapsing and there’s a new generation of inspired, renegade consumers who are rewriting the rules. Marketing is quickly moving from a push advertising model to one where highly networked customers spread the word about new products and services, and pull in only the information that they find interesting or useful. Want to crack the code of this new market?
LinkedIn: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How To Create a Consistent and Professional Personal Brand Using Social MediaReleased on 12/7/2012 with Jill DuffyIn just 10 minutes, you'll get all the information you need to create a cohesive personal brand using social media and the Web.
- Take 10: Five Things You Should Know About LinkedInReleased on 7/6/2012 with Viveka von RosenYou may think that you've got the platform mastered, but Viveka von Rosen is here to teach you five ways to beef up your profile that you may not have even known about or considered.
- Take 10: How to Reverse Engineer Your Competitors’ Customer ListReleased on 4/15/2011 with Scott SwigartIn this Take 10 webcast, competitive intelligence expert Scott Swigart explains how you can gather data from a variety of public information sources, such as Google and LinkedIn, and then connect the dots to gain insight into who your competition's customers actually are.
- Take 10: Using LinkedIn Company Pages for Networking and ProspectingReleased on 11/26/2010 with Jason AlbaFind out why Companies is LinkedIn expert Jason Alba's second favorite feature as he explains where to go on LinkedIn to find key data and how to use it for networking and prospecting.
- Take 10: The Secret to Making New Contacts on LinkedInReleased on 10/8/2010 with Jason AlbaWhether you're interested in forging professional relationships with other LinkedIn users, introducing your brand to promising prospects, or reaching out to industry thought leaders for advice, don’t make a move until you understand the best practices presented in this 10-minute tutorial by Jason Alba.
- Take 10: 8 Must-Have Apps for Showcasing Your Expertise on LinkedInReleased on 10/8/2010 with Jason AlbaIn this Take 10, LinkedIn expert Jason Alba explains which 8 applications every marketer and business owner on LinkedIn should consider to use and why they're essential for positioning your brand.
- Take 10: Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn EventsReleased on 10/8/2010 with Jason AlbaTake a quick 10-minute tour of LinkedIn Events with expert Jason Alba, who spells out not only how to access and use the Events application, but also how to wield its branding and word-of-mouth powers.
- Take 10: Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn PollsReleased on 10/8/2010 with Jason AlbaJoin us in this 10-minute tutorial in which Jason Alba outlines the six things you need to do in connection with the LinkedIn Polls application to get your messaging out, establish subject matter expertise, and remind your audience what your brand is all about.
- Take 10: Build Your Reputation at LinkedIn (in a Few Minutes a Week)Released on 7/30/2010 with Jason AlbaThis short webcast describes the six key things you should do regularly to maintain your presence and build your reputation. Plus, you'll learn four must-do tasks that you only need to do once.
- Take 10: Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile in 11 Easy StepsReleased on 7/16/2010 with Jason AlbaLearn from Jason Alba how to create a LinkedIn Profile that is powerful, compelling and that makes a strong favorable impression on the viewer.
LinkedIn: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- LinkedIn Success StoriesLinkedIn is used by 55 million professionals as a place to network, trade advice, and demonstrate business expertise. See how 11 companies, including PR firms, advertising agencies, and software companies, are using LinkedIn to show expertise, generate leads, and conduct research.