ROI: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five Ways to Get Board Backing for Your Marketing CampaignJulia CupmanSecuring buy-in—and budget—from board-level stakeholders is one of the biggest challenges marketers face. Particularly in B2B firms, Sales often has more influence than Marketing. So what can you do?
The No. 1 Social Media Mistake You're Making (and Four Ways to Fix It)Mike VolpeMost marketers say they cannot measure the ROI of their social media efforts. It's time to start thinking of social as a revenue-building medium—and adopt a results-driven approach toward it. ...
2015 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and TrendsVahe HabeshianB2C content marketers struggle with effectively tracking their content marketing ROI, according to the findings of the fifth annual content marketing study by MarketingProfs and the Content Marketing Institute.
Five Email Mistakes Even the Experts MakeAmanda KiviahoEven the most experienced email marketers make mistakes—sometimes time and again. This article discusses five such mistakes and offers tips so you don't sacrifice your emails to the junk folder.
Digital Video Vital Signs: How Healthy Is Your Online Video Investment?Jessica HallAs more video content moves online, marketers and brand managers grapple with this question: How do we monetize this investment? The answer lies in regularly checking these four vital signs ...
Video Marketers Prove ROI Better Than Text-Based Marketers [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiVideo is easier to track and measure than text-based content, according to Vidyard. Here's a look at the many metrics for video marketing you can use to prove ROI.
The High Cost of 'Free': Four Types of Free Offers and How to Calculate Their Cost to MarketersHeidi Cohen"Free" for customers is never free for marketers. There are always expenses to be paid for free offers or giveaways. And those costs are often higher than marketers anticipate.
Five Components of Measuring Return on Customer EngagementJohn HoholikBefore embarking on a return on customer engagement strategy, you must implement these five key components to ensure relevant, timely, and accurate measurement—ultimately, of future business performance.
Unleash the Superpowers of Employee Advocates [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWant to double your employees' productivity, generate higher customer satisfaction, and get more engagement on content? Activate your employees to become employee advocates.
Four Marketing Performance Management Resolutions for 2014Laura PattersonIf you've made your marketing New Year's resolutions, we hope you devoted at least one to marketing performance management. As inspiration, here are four to choose from, along with a ...
ROI: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Revenue and the CMO: Author Glenn Gow Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHelping your company to embrace social selling doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing proposition: You can implement a pilot program to demonstrate how social media can have a positive impact on revenue. Glenn Gow shares tips for starting a successful ...
Content Marketing and Entrepreneurship: Skyword CEO Tom Gerace Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSerial entrepreneur and Skyword CEO Tom Gerace talks with Marketing Smarts about content strategy, affiliate marketing, entrepreneurship, and everything in between.
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
Don't Let Data Drive, Let It Inform: Beth Kanter and KD Paine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBeth Kanter and Katie Delahaye (KD) Paine, authors of Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World, discuss performance metrics and nonprofits.
People Respond to Stories: Rohit Bhargava Talks Likeonomics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantRohit Bhargava, author and social media strategist, thinks business books need to be useful—to help you solve a problem you're facing. So it has to speak to you from the get-go, draw you in, and convince you it's going to ...
ROI: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Strategies to Increase Event ROIBroadcast on 11/4/2014 with Alex RolfeJoin us for this free seminar to learn how to integrate marketing events into your overall marketing strategy. You'll discover how to plan properly, set goals, and analyze and measure against your goals. Most importantly, you'll be able to improve the ROI of your events--and prove it.
- How to Use Metrics to Achieve Greater Results From Your Next ExhibitBroadcast on 10/16/2014 with Joe FederbushIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how exhibitors, regardless of size or budget, can develop and execute an effective and strategic event marketing measurement strategy. You'll learn how to use the right tools to justify your event's budget, and take away tried-and-true tips such as how to calculate the optimal booth size and number of personnel needed to achieve maximum results.
- MarketingProfs University: Finding the True Value of Your Online Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 4/10/2014 with Ruth BurrIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how web marketing programs should target the "sweet spot" between website performance and campaign performance, allowing marketers to take a whole-funnel approach.
- The Power of More: How Knowing More About Your Website Visitors Drives Greater ROIBroadcast on 6/20/2013 with Marc Engelsman, Ben YurchakThis seminar will delve into some of the challenges marketers face when extracting meaningful and actionable insights from their web analytics data and lead you to more—more leads, more conversions, more sales, more ROI.
- How to Optimize and Measure Trade Show ROIBroadcast on 11/8/2012 with Skip CoxThis PRO seminar will provide marketers with a proven approach to accurately measuring the results of their events efforts.
- Solutions to 10 Confounding Content Marketing ChallengesBroadcast on 8/16/2012 with Stephanie Tilton, Ann HandleyMany marketers are embracing content as a cornerstone of their marketing efforts. You probably are, too. In this PRO seminar, we'll answer your toughest content marketing questions.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Effectively Generate and Manage LeadsBroadcast on 7/12/2012 with James W. ObermayerThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's B2B Lead Roundup course will show you how to set the stage for success by identifying your targets and basic metrics, establishing qualifying buying stages, generating demand, and converting and continually nurturing leads.
- No BS Social Media: How to Drive Real Revenue with Social Media MarketingBroadcast on 2/16/2012 with Jason FallsJoin us for the PRO seminar, No BS Social Media: How to Drive Real Revenue with Social Media Marketing, and discover a relentlessly practical, business-value perspective of social media marketing that focuses on achieving results: measurable improvements in sales, profitability, efficiency, and brand value.
- Measuring and Sustaining Social Media SuccessBroadcast on 8/25/2011 with Geoff LivingstonLearn how to apply SMART goals (Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound) to your social media campaigns and measure audience Attention, Attitude, and Action. Includes advice based on use studies from Dell, LinkedIn, the Humane Society of the United States, and others.
- Charting New Frontiers: Marketing Discoveries from the B2B ForumBroadcast on 4/21/2011 with B2B Forum SpeakersJoin us for this FREE preview seminar of the B2B Forum 2011 and discover what's working now in B2B marketing. Journey with four speakers from the B2B Forum 2011 and explore ways to generate more leads and sales from four key programs—marketing automation, online communities, email, and video marketing.
ROI: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: The Four Most Important Reports in Google AnalyticsReleased on 6/13/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which reports are most important, and how to use this information to assist you in future campaigns. You'll walk away with a better understanding of Google Analytics, and how to get the most out of your metrics and reporting.
- Take 10: How to Set Up Your Metrics for a Successful CampaignReleased on 1/24/2014 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll review the various data capture methods available, which methods are appropriate for each communication type, and the guidelines you should use to choose the right metrics for a successful campaign.
- Take 10: How to Create Goals in Google AnalyticsReleased on 9/20/2013 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to set up basic goals in Google Analytics so you can start to evaluate your website traffic right away.
- Take 10: Selecting the Right Metrics to Measure Campaign SuccessReleased on 6/21/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines for choosing the right metrics for your campaign so you can get right to measuring your tremendous success.
- Take 10: How to Create Custom URLs for Better Campaign TrackingReleased on 10/5/2012 with Dan SoschinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create custom URLs for your campaigns that will improve your Google Analytics tracking tenfold and, ultimately, improve your campaign performance.
- Take 10 Video Series: Seven Steps to Measuring Social Media ROIReleased on 7/13/2012 with David B. ThomasIn just 10 minutes, David B. Thomas will walk you through a step-by-step approach that will help you understand how to measure the bottom-line value of your social media efforts.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Win Big with Content MarketingReleased on 9/23/2011 with David Meerman ScottIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, David Meerman Scott explores the implications of the "You are what you publish" mantra, then offers advice on producing good content on a regular basis.
- Take 10: 6 Steps for Designing Profitable Lead Nurturing ProgramsReleased on 10/1/2010 with Jim LenskoldJoin Jim Lenskold as he guides us through the six key steps for designing (and making the case for) targeted lead nurturing programs that educate and engage the most valuable of these leads.
ROI: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- Benchmark Report: Marketing ROI (Year 3)In this 2007 survey, the third annual on ROI, respondents who use ROI for their marketing efforts expect greater growth and enjoy greater confidence from their senior management than respondents who don't use ROI.
- Benchmark Report : Marketing ROI (Year 2)This 2006 survey, the second annual ROI study, demonstrates that companies are definitely getting the ROI message. This study shows a significant increase in the number of companies that have implemented some form of Marketing ROI measurements. And let's face it, Marketing ROI is here to stay. Jim Lenskold says, "Marketing ROI will continue to be a priority as long as maximizing profits is a priority for corporations." Well said, Jim.
- Benchmark Survey: Search Engine OptimizationLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey on the best practices in search engine optimization. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
- Benchmark Report: Marketing ROI (Year 1)In a 2005 survey, the first in an annual series, Jim Lenskold found that only 1 in 5 respondents was actually using ROI measures for marketing efforts -- 99% of those respondents indicate increased profitability due to the use of ROI. See this and subsequent reports for a full picture of the evolution of marketing ROI.
- Marketing ROI and the Sales FunnelIn this guide, you will learn how to structure, motivate and measure the marketing and sales functions to maximize profit. Topics include: 1) a high-level self-assessment to determine potential sources of profit leakage; 2) how to map out and improve strategies related to the buying cycle; 3) how to apply marketing ROI principles to create strategies to reduce and recycle leakage from the buying cycle; and 4) how to leverage insight on your key profit drivers and customer-level analysis to improve profitability.