Marketing Challenges: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
11 Steps to Build an Internal Marketing AcademyPaul RoetzerColleges rarely teach analytics, automation, content, email, mobile, social, and other critical skills in depth. What is your organization doing to build a modern marketing team—and differentiate through talent?
CMOs Bullish on US Economy, Struggling With Social MeasurementAyaz NanjiMarketing executives' confidence in the economy of the United States is at a five-year high, according to recent data from the CMO Survey.
CMOs Are Struggling to Master Omni-Channel MarketingAyaz NanjiSome 85% of CMOs say their efforts at implementing an omni-channel marketing strategy are being thwarted by a lack of access to data and inadequate tools/technology, according to a recent ...
2014 Marketing Agency OutlookAyaz NanjiMost marketing agencies (69%) expect business opportunities to increase in 2014, according to a recent report by RSW/US.
Marketing Report Card: Professionals Rate Their TeamsAyaz NanjiBusiness professionals say their marketing teams are strong in core areas, such as customer service and strategy, but weak in other areas, such as content marketing and lead generation, according ...
Marketers Must Learn Martian (AKA, the Language of Business)Heather FitzpatrickMarketing professionals and their nonmarketing counterparts, particularly those who come from a finance background, might as well be denizens of different planets. But they can communicate. Here's how.
What Marketers Do: Their Tactics, Tools, Challenges, and Campaigns [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiIn a recent survey, marketers were asked about their favorite marketing technologies, tools, and tactics, along with the types of marketing challenges they face and marketing campaigns they launch. Here's ...
Confidence Boost: Marketers Get More Savvy With Content Marketing [Infographic]Business-to-business (B2B) marketers are growing more confident in their content marketing, according to a recent report published by MarketingProfs and the Content Marketing Institute.
Four Things Marketers Should Know About the New General Solicitation RulesJoy SchofflerPrivate companies and investment firms are no longer forbidden from advertising that they are seeking investors. But their marketers and PR professionals still need to stay on the right side ...
Inside the C-Suite's Mind: Top Challenges and OpportunitiesAyaz NanjiC-suite leaders say changes in technology are dramatically affecting their operations and forcing them to overhaul every aspect of their business, according to a new report by IBM.
Marketing Challenges: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Tasteful Branding: Supermarket Superstar Chris Cornyn Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFood branding expert Chris Cornyn serves up marketing advice for would-be food entrepreneurs—including on the Lifetime reality series "Supermarket Superstars."
Marketing So Useful, People Would Pay for It: Youtility Author Jay Baer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJay Baer's new book, Youtility, provides a comprehensive guide for businesses on "marketing sideways" and winning loyal customers by providing extremely helpful content. Baer offers compelling evidence that becoming a Youtility leads to business success, and provides tips for making ...
Trolls, Jerks, and 'Civility in the Digital Age': Author Andrea Weckerle Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneOnline conflicts can cost businesses thousands of dollars (and hours) to resolve. Attorney Andrea Weckerle, author of Civility in the Digital Age, explains how you can protect yourself when a situation turns ugly.
The Art of Marketing Operations: Steven Bushong of Disney ABC Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantSteve Bushong's background in systems engineering, and his experience with sourcing, procurement, and operations, gave him a unique perspective on how marketing can and should work in today's complex media environment.
Satire, Politics, and Marketing Fake News: Baratunde Thurston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantStand-up comic, author of How to Be Black, and former director of digital at The Onion, Baratunde Thurston has a lethal sense of humor—and an uncanny ability to meld business sense and humor to both build an online audience and ...
How to Save Marketing From Itself: Ian Lurie and Geoff Livingston Talk LIVE to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Ian Lurie, CEO of Portent Interactive, and Geoff Livingston, author and marketing strategist, offer unique perspectives on how to rescue marketing from itself.
Marketing Challenges: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Key Digital Trend Currents That Are Shaping BusinessBroadcast on 8/22/2013 with Steve WoodruffIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn that it's important to look beyond current trends (such as the latest hot platform) to trend currents—those inevitable, inexorable forces that are shaping the world of business and communications.
- The New Business Development EcosystemBroadcast on 8/15/2013 with Mark O'BrienThis PRO seminar will examine the three primary components of the new business development ecosystem: the conversion-focused website, marketing automation, and CRM.
- Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life.Broadcast on 7/11/2013 with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why it's important to reboot and rebuild your business model now and how you can prepare for and adapt to whatever might come next.
- Breaking Down Silos to Build Better Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 8/23/2012 with Geoff Livingston, Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how barriers prevent marketing campaigns from reaching full potential (and how to combat this), how to break down silos, motivate your marketing team, and measure holistic multichannel campaign success.
- Solutions to 10 Confounding Content Marketing ChallengesBroadcast on 8/16/2012 with Stephanie Tilton, Ann HandleyMany marketers are embracing content as a cornerstone of their marketing efforts. You probably are, too. In this PRO seminar, we'll answer your toughest content marketing questions.
- Six Steps to Creative Problem SolvingBroadcast on 5/24/2012 with Alicia ArnoldIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn techniques for generating more quality ideas in a shorter amount of time and how to use creative thinking to tackle your organization's toughest challenges by leveraging the scientifically proven, globally tested, six-step Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem Solving process (CPS).
- MarketingProfs University: Killing Giants—Outmaneuvering Larger CompetitorsBroadcast on 1/12/2012 with Stephen DennyLearn to turn your larger competitors' lack of speed and agility to your advantage in this PRO seminar and MPU Marketing Your Small Business kickoff class.
- 8 Triggers that Turn Customer Distraction into TractionBroadcast on 4/14/2011 with Adrian OttLearn how to manage customer time to your advantage with the eight key triggers that drive customer time and attention.
- Content Development for the Real WorldBroadcast on 7/22/2010 with Kristina HalvorsonContent strategies can cause some of the biggest pain points for our organizations and projects. In this session, you'll discover several ways you can start taking advantage of content strategy's core tools and processes right now to see immediate, measurable results.
- Scaling Social Business: How Brands Can Build Their Business Now (and Position for What's Next in Social Media)Broadcast on 5/13/2010 with Jeremiah OwyangThis presentation with one of marketing's most forward-thinking leaders addresses how companies should be looking at their current social media strategy and objectives, with an eye on the future.
Marketing Challenges: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Stop Wasting Your PowerPoints! How to Squeeze All the Good Stuff OutReleased on 5/16/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to extend the reach of your PowerPoint presentation through various social tools, resulting in more views and greater interest in your brand or service. You'll be able to put the content you've already created to work right away with these easy, yet effective, tips.
- Take 10: A Recipe for Success—7 Content Marketing Tips from The Best Chefs in the BizReleased on 5/11/2012 with Verónica Maria JarskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven easily digestible and tactical tips taken from some of the top chefs in the biz. Paired with your handy Take 10 checklist, these tips will allow you to tackle your content marketing challenges with no reservations.
- Take 10: How to Make Easy Video Demos and PresentationsReleased on 8/5/2011 with Michelle SchoenIn this Take 10, multimedia specialist Michelle Schoen walks you through the basics of recording a presentation using Camtasia. Along the way, she shows you how to keep your audio quality top-notch, and even provides some tips on spreading the word about your new creation.
Marketing Challenges: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Benchmark Survey: Search Engine OptimizationLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey on the best practices in search engine optimization. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.