Marketing Challenges: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Four Steps to Ensuring Your Strategy Achieves ResultsLaura PattersonMany companies at all stages invest time in planning but lack the processes and leadership needed to ensure a strategy achieves the desired results. Failure is expensive and wastes precious ...
4 in 10 CMOs Feel Unprepared for Challenges Ahead [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiNearly four in 10 chief marketing officerssay they do not have the right people, tools, and resources to meet their marketing objectives, according to a recent report.
Marketing and IT: Big Data an Obstacle, an Opportunity, and Key to Customer-CentricityThough frequently at odds, marketing and IT executives agree that harnessing Big Data is imperative to building a customer-centric corporate culture; they also agree that a lack of alignment, rigid ...
B2Bs Struggling With Online Marketing Mix; Sales Cycle Gets LongerVahe HabeshianUS B2B marketers are struggling to optimize their online marketing mix, with many unable to segment and target the right decision-makers or measure program success across the entire marketing funnel, ...
Solving Marketing Problems: Learn From PolyaRic DragonThe next time you confront a marketing problem, consider George Polya. What can marketers learn from the Muhammad Ali of mathematics? Problem-solving in four steps, of course. Here's a brief ...
Stop FUD From Paralyzing Your MarketingBruce La FetraChanges in technology, marketing channels, and customer behavior challenge a lot of tried and true tactics that worked in the past. The result is fear, uncertainty, and doubt about what ...
Six Principles of Great Content BrandsDoug KesslerThe torrent of content is increasing by the day. It's a good sign: Marketers are getting hip to the power of content. But the only way to survive the coming ...
Legal Threat Levels for Online Content-Sharing [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAs more and more marketers and others curate content in their content marketing efforts, they need to be aware of the legalities of using content that isn't theirs. This infographic ...
What You Need to Know About Printing, Including CostsDebbie SimpsonWe might be living in the age of the Internet, but print collateral is still a part of just about every organization's marketing arsenal. Here's what you need to know ...
Brands That Surged (and Brands That Sank) After Hurricane SandyGregg LipmanWhen Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast, millions lost electricity, heat, and water. But just a few days later, many companies promoting to those millions had—cluelessly—gone back to business as ...
Marketing Challenges: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Trolls, Jerks, and 'Civility in the Digital Age': Author Andrea Weckerle Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneOnline conflicts can cost businesses thousands of dollars (and hours) to resolve. Attorney Andrea Weckerle, author of Civility in the Digital Age, explains how you can protect yourself when a situation turns ugly.
The Art of Marketing Operations: Steven Bushong of Disney ABC Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantSteve Bushong's background in systems engineering, and his experience with sourcing, procurement, and operations, gave him a unique perspective on how marketing can and should work in today's complex media environment.
Satire, Politics, and Marketing Fake News: Baratunde Thurston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantStand-up comic, author of How to Be Black, and former director of digital at The Onion, Baratunde Thurston has a lethal sense of humor—and an uncanny ability to meld business sense and humor to both build an online audience and ...
How to Save Marketing From Itself: Ian Lurie and Geoff Livingston Talk LIVE to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Ian Lurie, CEO of Portent Interactive, and Geoff Livingston, author and marketing strategist, offer unique perspectives on how to rescue marketing from itself.
Marketing Challenges: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Breaking Down Silos to Build Better Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 8/23/2012 with Geoff Livingston, Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how barriers prevent marketing campaigns from reaching full potential (and how to combat this), how to break down silos, motivate your marketing team, and measure holistic multichannel campaign success.
- Solutions to 10 Confounding Content Marketing ChallengesBroadcast on 8/16/2012 with Stephanie Tilton, Ann HandleyMany marketers are embracing content as a cornerstone of their marketing efforts. You probably are, too. In this PRO seminar, we'll answer your toughest content marketing questions.
- Six Steps to Creative Problem SolvingBroadcast on 5/24/2012 with Alicia ArnoldIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn techniques for generating more quality ideas in a shorter amount of time and how to use creative thinking to tackle your organization's toughest challenges by leveraging the scientifically proven, globally tested, six-step Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem Solving process (CPS).
- MarketingProfs University: Killing Giants—Outmaneuvering Larger CompetitorsBroadcast on 1/12/2012 with Stephen DennyLearn to turn your larger competitors' lack of speed and agility to your advantage in this PRO seminar and MPU Marketing Your Small Business kickoff class.
- 8 Triggers that Turn Customer Distraction into TractionBroadcast on 4/14/2011 with Adrian OttLearn how to manage customer time to your advantage with the eight key triggers that drive customer time and attention.
- Content Development for the Real WorldBroadcast on 7/22/2010 with Kristina HalvorsonContent strategies can cause some of the biggest pain points for our organizations and projects. In this session, you'll discover several ways you can start taking advantage of content strategy's core tools and processes right now to see immediate, measurable results.
- Scaling Social Business: How Brands Can Build Their Business Now (and Position for What's Next in Social Media)Broadcast on 5/13/2010 with Jeremiah OwyangThis presentation with one of marketing's most forward-thinking leaders addresses how companies should be looking at their current social media strategy and objectives, with an eye on the future.
- Solving B2B Marketing Dilemmas: A Sneak Peek at the Boston B2B Forum on Driving SalesBroadcast on 5/15/2008 with B2B Forum 2008 Featured SpeakersGet a sneak peek of “Driving Sales: What’s New + What Works” when our own Roy Young talks with key presenters from our June 9-10 B2B Forum to get a realistic take on the issues, and what it will take to solve today’s biggest B2B marketing dilemmas.
- Small Business Series: How to Advertise on a Modest BudgetBroadcast on 10/19/2007 with Michael GoodmanMichael Goodman has been responsible for annual advertising budgets ranging from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars, in consumer, B2B, services, information, entertainment and not-for-profit situations. He’s learned advertising from recognized masters of the craft, and stumbled across some truths on his own.
- Solving B2B Marketing Dilemmas: A Sneak Peek at the Chicago B2B Forum on Driving SalesBroadcast on 9/6/2007 with B2B Forum 2007 Featured SpeakersIn this special online presentation, get a preview of the upcoming MarketingProfs B2B Forum 2007 in Chicago, October 1-2. Our own Roy Young talks with some featured speakers to get a realistic take on the issues, and what it will take to solve today’s biggest B2B marketing dilemmas.
Marketing Challenges: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: A Recipe for Success—7 Content Marketing Tips from The Best Chefs in the BizReleased on 5/11/2012 with Verónica Maria JarskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven easily digestible and tactical tips taken from some of the top chefs in the biz. Paired with your handy Take 10 checklist, these tips will allow you to tackle your content marketing challenges with no reservations.
- Take 10: How to Make Easy Video Demos and PresentationsReleased on 8/5/2011 with Michelle SchoenIn this Take 10, multimedia specialist Michelle Schoen walks you through the basics of recording a presentation using Camtasia. Along the way, she shows you how to keep your audio quality top-notch, and even provides some tips on spreading the word about your new creation.
Marketing Challenges: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Benchmark Survey: Search Engine OptimizationLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey on the best practices in search engine optimization. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.