Value Propositions: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
For True Brand Loyalty, Build Contextual Marketing Strategy Into Your Brand: Part 2James GeorgePart 2 covers customer-experience-driven comparative advantages and targeted deployment—the tactical execution of communicating a brand's value proposition and unlocking competitive advantages.
Develop Your Brand Voice: Three Keys to Killer MessagingMaria RossHere are three tips to consider when crafting messaging so you can pique interest, create a relationship, and stand out from your competition.
Everything I Learned About Marketing Came From Comedy, Part 2: ImprovKathy Klotz-GuestPart 2 of this two-part article series outlines more ways that comedy—in this case, improvisation—can help us become better marketers and connect more easily with our audiences.
Understand How Buyers Buy: Marketing With the 'Buying Center' Concept [Infographic]Glenn GowMarket segmentation and customer insights are only part of what you need to enter the competitive market. You need to take your marketing to the next level.
Hey, Social Media! Everything I Learned About Marketing Came From ComedyKathy Klotz-GuestComedy can teach marketers a lot about marketing. From finding your tribe to being more human, all comedy is great marketing in action! This article summarizes some of the most ...
Results-Driven Marketing Creative in Four Steps, Part 2: Building a Creative ConceptCameron AveryThe creative concept helps define the very core of your marketing message. It underpins your campaign content, and encapsulates the major themes to be communicated to your target audience.
It's a Shame You Chose That Name: The Six Biggest Naming MistakesLaurel SuttonNaming your new company or product is a huge opportunity. Get it right, and you could put your brand on the map, generate buzz, and spark interest among customers. Get ...
Mobile Innovation (Part 6): Innovating Value Propositions Through MobileChristina "CK" KerleyValue propositions are the heart, soul, and epicenter of a business. They reflect its market positioning while communicating the core promises it makes to its customers. Let's look at three ...
Four Tips for Building Fail-Proof Buyer PersonasJustin GrayWhether you think it, believe it, or discard it... the truth is that buyer personas are the start of every successful campaign. Every marketer knows that understanding your buyer is ...
Lead Nurturing and Marketing Automation: 15 Key Questions Answered (Questions 13-15)Sid SmithThe final installment in this series answers three questions: What are the keys to successful nurture campaigns? What's an example of a typical nurture sequence? How do I select a ...
Value Propositions: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Can Marketing Get You Out of Jail or Save Your Soul? Marketing Smarts Live [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWe took Marketing Smarts on the road and recorded the podcast live in Los Angeles, where I interviewed Eric Granof, CMO at the largest underwriter of surety bail in the US, and Brad Abare, communications director of a Los Angeles-based ...
Value Propositions: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Avoid the Pitfalls of a Bad RFPBroadcast on 10/3/2013 with Cal HarrisonThis PRO seminar will help consultants and other professionals to understand their options when faced with a bad RFP, explore how to overcome the most common problem areas, and how to maximize their chances for success if they choose to proceed.
- Sales Messaging That Closes the DealBroadcast on 6/21/2012 with Tim RiestererDiscover how to develop content marketing messages that help your salespeople close the deal and convince prospects to choose you.
- How to Build Personas that Persuade Buyers and Increase SalesBroadcast on 2/23/2012 with Adele RevellaJoin us February 23rd for a PRO seminar with B2B marketing expert Adelle Revella, and discover a simple step-by-step process for building buyer personas to help you deliver messages that persuade buyers at each stage in the buying process.
- Get to Know Your Customers: Connecting Market Research to Business GrowthBroadcast on 8/5/2010 with Bill AlbertiLearn how to frame market research in terms of profitable impact. You'll discover how to establish the connection between using research to understand your customers and improved business performance.
- Social Media for Marketers: A 15-Step Process to Engage with Your Customers OnlineBroadcast on 3/13/2008 with Geoff LivingstonThings aren't quite so simple for marketers any more. One-mass communication-based approaches don't work quite the same way. And if you use old marketing tactics in this new media world, in fact, the results can backfire on well-meaning companies.
- How to Make Marketing Indispensable to SalesBroadcast on 2/7/2008 with Michael NickIf salespeople are going to succeed in today's market, they desperately need your help. Unfortunately, most marketers are focused on the wrong message, which they then use to develop unusable collateral that ends up in the wastebasket.
- Get More Customer Mindshare: Developing a Rock-Solid Value PropositionBroadcast on 11/29/2007 with Jill KonrathWhen salespeople lack strong value propositions, they're unable to crack into corporate accounts, engage customers in business-oriented discussions, differentiate themselves from competitors and get prospective customers to make decisions to change. Strong value propositions are that important!
- Customer Message Management 2: Confuser or Clarifier? Creating Customer-Relevant MessagingBroadcast on 6/8/2007 with Tim RiestererThis seminar provides you with a detailed tutorial on the tools and templates you can use to make sure your company can compete on clarity and avoid parity in your value propositions.
- Bridging the B2B Sales and Marketing GapBroadcast on 10/12/2006 with Jeff ThullGain invaluable insights into how aligning marketing and sales through this unique approach will translate your marketing strategy into sales results.
- Email Marketing Success: 10 Campaigns Examined for Better and for WorseBroadcast on 8/24/2006 with Stephan SpencerThis virtual seminar is going to get "hands on" with reviews of actual email campaigns submitted by MarketingProfs members. If you've ever wondered what you were doing wrong with your email marketing, this is the seminar for you.
Value Propositions: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn EventsReleased on 10/8/2010 with Jason AlbaTake a quick 10-minute tour of LinkedIn Events with expert Jason Alba, who spells out not only how to access and use the Events application, but also how to wield its branding and word-of-mouth powers.