Brand Management: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The 10 US Brands With the Most Positive BuzzAyaz NanjiAmazon was the US company with the most positive "buzz" in the first half of 2014, according to a recent report from YouGov.
The Five Essential Elements of a Great Company Story [Infographic]Sandra StewartConcerned that you don't have enough drama or action in your company story? Don't worry... You can craft a company story that is both compelling and informative.
When Being Banned Becomes a Big Win: Four Lessons From Beats by DreGabie BokoTurning a negative into a brand goldmine is something every company would want. The 2014 World Cup ban on Beats by Dre headphones—and the brand's victory despite the setback—holds some ...
The 10 Brands Businesspeople Respect Most (and Least)Ayaz NanjiCoca-Cola and PepsiCo are the the most respected US brands by business decision-makers, according to a recent report from CoreBrand.
It's a New Brand World: 14 Things You Need to Know About Marketing Communications TodayLinda KearnsWhat does it take to work successfully as a marketing communications professional in today's world?
Why (and When) People Mention Companies OnlineAyaz NanjiMost online mentions of companies by consumers are neutral, rather than overtly positive or negative, according to a recent report.
Build Customer Loyalty With Rewards and Other Tactics That MotivateSha FakiriThe digital age has changed how buyers research and buy products. An online rewards program can be a powerful way to reach buyers over and over, helping build a new ...
The 25 Most Powerful Corporate BrandsAyaz NanjiThe Coca-Cola Company is the most "powerful" global corporate brand, according to a recent report from CoreBrand.
10 Lessons That Social Can Learn From Traditional Customer Service [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWant to improve how your company uses social media? Look at traditional customer service for ideas about what customers want when they reach out to a company.
How Loyal Are Millennials to Brands?Ayaz NanjiSome 64% of Millennials say they feel at least as much brand loyalty to their favorite brands as their parents do to their own favorite brands, according to a recent ...
Brand Management: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Finding Your Niche With 'Fractal Marketing': Andrew Davis Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing expert and bestselling author Andrew Davis talks about niche marketing, brand partnerships, and ways nonprofits can get free marketing advice.
The Digital Marketer: Larry Weber and Lisa Henderson Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFrom native advertising and content strategy to how the C-Suite has evolved, Larry Weber and Lisa Henderson discuss what marketers need to know to stay relevant in their industry.
How to Make a Lasting Impression: 'Clarity Therapist' Steve Woodruff Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Clarity therapist" Steve Woodruff explains how you can break through the noise, help people to understand your business, and ensure that they remember what you do so that they can connect you with potential customers.
The Language of Brand Love: Loveworks Author Brian Sheehan Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Brian Sheehan discusses his latest book "Loveworks," the characteristics of beloved brands, and how you can create a "sensual experience" for your prospects and customers.
Marketing Lessons From Lady Gaga: Author Jackie Huba Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author and online marketer Jackie Huba shares marketing lessons from her book Monster Loyalty: How Lady Gaga Turns Followers Into Fanatics.
Think Like a Producer, Not a Publisher: Andrew Davis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantMarketers need to think and act more like executive producers, those people behind the scenes of movies and TV shows who spend all their time "trying to find the resources to create the right kind of content for the right ...
No Pain, No Gain: Jonah Lehrer Discusses Debate, Dissent, and Creativity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOne of the rules of traditional brainstorming is... "Don't criticize anyone's ideas." But does that work? "Criticism is really good for the imagination," Jonah Lehrer explains in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts.
The Mindset Is the Message: Amber Naslund and Matt Ridings Talk Social Business on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhat does "social business" mean? On this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Amber Naslund and Matt Ridings tell me why the key to being a social business depends less on technology and more on the application of social concepts internally.
Brand Management: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Fifth P of Marketing: People, Email, and the Shifting Power ParadigmBroadcast on 6/24/2014 with Christopher LesterJoin us for this free seminar to learn best practices and proven strategies for creating small but meaningful conversions at every point in your multi-channel marketing strategy. We'll share insightful statistics and inspiring examples from successful brands that use their channels (with email marketing at the center) to leverage the power of their customers and fans. Sponsored by Emma
- Running the Gauntlet: Essential Business Lessons to Lead, Drive Change, and Grow ProfitsBroadcast on 1/23/2014 with Jeffrey HayzlettThis PRO seminar, taught by Jeffrey Hayzlett, will reveal how to run and drive change through marketing and business, from getting ready to creating and sustaining momentum.
- Take on the World: Compete Globally with Customer Experience ManagementBroadcast on 10/17/2013 with Liz HighThis PRO seminar is not just relevant for the global marketer, as you'll also learn how customer experience innovation in one market propels a company's competitiveness and growth across the globe.
- Welcome to the Collaborative EconomyBroadcast on 9/19/2013 with Jeremiah OwyangAltimeter's latest research will show how corporations must not only stay relevant, but also lead the charge in their own communities. This PRO seminar will share three ways corporations must shift their business (and marketing) to adapt to today's collaborative economy.
- MarketingProfs University: Building the Living, Breathing BrandBroadcast on 6/13/2013 with Tamsen WebsterThis PRO seminar will teach you how to make your brand work for you by going beyond taglines and slogans and giving it the eyes, ears, and legs it takes to become an integral part of your customers' lives.
- MarketingProfs University: The Daring Brand's Guide to Creating Content Worth SharingBroadcast on 12/6/2012 with Ann HandleyIn this PRO seminar, MarketingProfs chief content officer and Content Rules co-author Ann Handley will share her philosophy about what brands like yours need to do to fully embrace content marketing to create content worth sharing.
- How to Collaborate Effectively Within Your Organization to Strengthen Your BrandBroadcast on 11/15/2012 with Elaine FogelThis PRO seminar will give marketers the resources and inspiration they need to collaborate with other departments. You'll learn how to turn employees into brand ambassadors who will enhance customer relationships, advocate branding compliance, promote trust, and help your business.
- Ten Best Practices for Performing Competitive TeardownsBroadcast on 7/26/2012 with Sean CampbellYou'll learn the do's and don'ts of acquiring competitors' solutions, methods to perform the teardown effectively and fairly, and how you can use the results to improve your marketing and sales collateral.
- MarketingProfs University: Understanding and Engaging Today’s Connected BuyerBroadcast on 6/7/2012 with Tony ZambitoThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Digital Advertising Academy will get you inside the minds of your buyers and cover why understanding them is the first step to successful branding, marketing, and demand generation.
- Is Your Company Ready to Respond to a Social Media Crisis?Broadcast on 9/29/2011 with Jeremiah OwyangJoin us as analyst and thought leader Jeremiah Owyang presents his latest research with MarketingProfs detailing how companies plan for social business crises.
Brand Management: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create an Emotional Connection with a CustomerReleased on 5/9/2014 with Christine M. BarneyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three easy steps to determine the type of brand you are, build your brand's reputation, and tune in to your customers' needs. Armed with this knowledge, you'll guarantee the customer experience matches the brand promise and turn fence-sitters into evangelists.
- Take 10: Three Critical Steps to Launching Your Audio BrandReleased on 4/25/2014 with Colleen FaheyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to identify your brand's key values and you'll discover how to turn these values into a musical vocabulary unique to your brand.
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: How to Create a Customer Advocate ProgramReleased on 10/19/2012 with Michael BritoIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create customer advocates and how to leverage them in a way that will help your bottom line!
- Take 10: Six Ways to Turn Your Brand Into Eye Candy for Your ConsumersReleased on 6/1/2012 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to proactively prepare your brand for this social visual revolution and ensure that you have a sexy and cohesive brand image that's ready for consumption by your audience.
- Take 10: How to Effectively Use Traditional Marketing in the Digital AgeReleased on 4/6/2012 with Elaine FogelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how you can use traditional marketing (print advertising, direct mail, etc.) as the perfect complement to your digital marketing strategy.
- Take 10: How to Integrate Social Media Into Your Daily RoutineReleased on 3/23/2012 with Beth SchillaciIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to integrate social media into your marketing mix effectively by working it into your daily routine.