Brand Management: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The 20 Most Valuable Global Brands in 2015Ayaz NanjiApple is the most valuable global brand in 2015, followed by Google, according to a recent report from Millward Brown.
Five Marketing Lessons From Taylor Swift, Brand SavantKatie L. FettingSay what you will about her music, persona, or awards-show grooving... Taylor Swift is a marketing genius. From product launches and rebrands to borrowed equity and social media domination, her ...
Influencer Marketplaces: Your Beeline to Bloggers for Product Reviews (and Not Just)Barry FeldmanYou've heard of influencer marketing—but "marketplaces"? It's a smart idea (and the next big thing): Brands go there to find and hire bloggers to write reviews or mention them in ...
The Most Mentioned B2B Brands OnlineAyaz NanjiIBM is the most mentioned B2B brand online globally, according to a recent Brandwatch analysis of over 5 million online conversations.
Four Tips for Adopting a Customer-Centric MindsetDavid SaefEspecially if you're taking an integrated marketing approach, your customers need to be driving the decisions your company makes. If not, your brand could risk becoming irrelevant or—worse—offensive to your ...
How Survey Research Can Aid in PR and Marketing PlanningLynda B. StarrLearn when conducting a survey is appropriate, get tips on survey design, and understand how to incorporate survey results into PR and marketing activities.
The 10 Most Reputable Companies in the WorldAyaz NanjiBMW is the world's most "reputable" company, according to a recent report from the Reputation Institute.
The 21 Most (and Least) Trusted Companies in the United StatesAyaz NanjiCredit unions and H-E-B, a grocery store chain headquartered in Texas, are the most trusted companies by consumers in the United States, according to a recent report from Temkin.
How to Nurture Your Leads With Narrative [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWant to accelerate the process of turning leads into customers? Consider using a strategically timed story.
Every Brand Needs a Distinct Tone of Voice. Here's Why—and How to Create ItAnne Marie KellyBrand tone of voice is vital to expressing your brand identity. The correct tone can help a company distinguish itself from competitors, reinforce the brand's personality, and underpin the brand's ...
Brand Management: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Go Beyond Just Telling Your Brand Story: Christian Lachel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChristian Lachel shares his secrets to building lasting customer relationships through emotionally evocative brand experiences that increase loyalty and drive revenue. He and his team at BRC Imagination Arts have created some of the world's most memorable brand experiences.
How to Keep Your Marketing Legal: Attorney Sara Hawkins on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAttorneys Sara F. Hawkins and Kerry O'Shea Gorgone discuss the latest tips from the FTC on how brands and bloggers should legally disclose sponsored content and run promotions.
15 Years of MarketingProfs: Founder Allen Weiss Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketingProfs founder Allen Weiss shares the story of how he founded the company, how it's evolved over the past 15 years, and what role mindfulness plays in effective marketing.
Stand Out and Get Your Ideas Heard: Author Dorie Clark on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDorie Clark, author of Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It, explains how to use personal branding and thought leadership to enhance your career and get your breakthrough idea heard in the marketplace.
Marketing That Surprises: A Special Guest Host Takes Over Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn line with the theme of this episode—marketing that surprises—as well as the day it airs (April Fools' Day), a surprise host takes over Marketing Smarts to discuss campaigns that surprise and (sometimes) delight!
True Blue Customer Devotion: JetBlue's Marty St. George on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJetBlue's executive vice-president of commercial and planning, Marty St. George, shares the secrets to the airline's success in using social media for customer service.
Why Brand Communities Are the Future of Marketing: Jordan Kretchmer of Livefyre on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJordan Kretchmer, founder and CEO of Livefyre, discusses research on social media trends and Forrester Research's prediction that brand communities will take on greater importance in 2015.
From B2C and B2B to H2H (Human to Human): Bryan Kramer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneB2B and B2C marketers both need to create marketing communications that speak H2H (human to human). Social strategist and author Bryan Kramer shares a communication framework all marketers can use.
Omnichannel Marketing for Brands: Mark Schaefer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, speaker, and author Mark W. Schaefer discusses omnichannel marketing for brands, content shock, Big Data, and more.
Building Your Brand's Community: Dan Sullivan of Crowdly Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCrowdly founder Dan Sullivan shares insights about community management, brand advocacy, influencer outreach, and the psychology of trolls.
Brand Management: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Integrate Your Brand's Story Into Your Marketing ArsenalBroadcast on 2/5/2015 with Jennifer KaneIn this PRO seminar, we'll move beyond the hype of storytelling and share the essential components of all good stories. You'll receive hands-on, practical advice on what to do after your story is developed and how to strategically weave it into your content marketing plan. We'll also discuss best practices on how to publish and distribute your story to increase audience engagement and improve your ROI.
- How to Build a Thriving Brand CommunityBroadcast on 11/20/2014 with Dorothéa Bozicolona-VolpeIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the essential components for building and maintaining an online community, and how to get buy-in from your organization to get started.
- Running the Gauntlet: Essential Business Lessons to Lead, Drive Change, and Grow ProfitsBroadcast on 1/23/2014 with Jeffrey HayzlettThis PRO seminar, taught by Jeffrey Hayzlett, will reveal how to run and drive change through marketing and business, from getting ready to creating and sustaining momentum.
- Take on the World: Compete Globally with Customer Experience ManagementBroadcast on 10/17/2013 with Liz HighThis PRO seminar is not just relevant for the global marketer, as you'll also learn how customer experience innovation in one market propels a company's competitiveness and growth across the globe.
- Welcome to the Collaborative EconomyBroadcast on 9/19/2013 with Jeremiah OwyangAltimeter's latest research will show how corporations must not only stay relevant, but also lead the charge in their own communities. This PRO seminar will share three ways corporations must shift their business (and marketing) to adapt to today's collaborative economy.
- MarketingProfs University: Building the Living, Breathing BrandBroadcast on 6/13/2013 with Tamsen WebsterThis PRO seminar will teach you how to make your brand work for you by going beyond taglines and slogans and giving it the eyes, ears, and legs it takes to become an integral part of your customers' lives.
- MarketingProfs University: The Daring Brand's Guide to Creating Content Worth SharingBroadcast on 12/6/2012 with Ann HandleyIn this PRO seminar, MarketingProfs chief content officer and Content Rules co-author Ann Handley will share her philosophy about what brands like yours need to do to fully embrace content marketing to create content worth sharing.
- How to Collaborate Effectively Within Your Organization to Strengthen Your BrandBroadcast on 11/15/2012 with Elaine FogelThis PRO seminar will give marketers the resources and inspiration they need to collaborate with other departments. You'll learn how to turn employees into brand ambassadors who will enhance customer relationships, advocate branding compliance, promote trust, and help your business.
- Ten Best Practices for Performing Competitive TeardownsBroadcast on 7/26/2012 with Sean CampbellYou'll learn the do's and don'ts of acquiring competitors' solutions, methods to perform the teardown effectively and fairly, and how you can use the results to improve your marketing and sales collateral.
- MarketingProfs University: Understanding and Engaging Today’s Connected BuyerBroadcast on 6/7/2012 with Tony ZambitoThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Digital Advertising Academy will get you inside the minds of your buyers and cover why understanding them is the first step to successful branding, marketing, and demand generation.
Brand Management: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Develop a Dynamic Creative Briefing DocumentReleased on 1/2/2015 with R. Stephen RayfieldIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss the key components of a creative briefing document. You'll be able to take what you learned and develop a document that provides solid direction and parameters to your agency, internal marketing communications team, and/or any other group that has a hand in developing your product or brand campaign.
- Take 10: How to Create an Emotional Connection with a CustomerReleased on 5/9/2014 with Christine M. BarneyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three easy steps to determine the type of brand you are, build your brand's reputation, and tune in to your customers' needs. Armed with this knowledge, you'll guarantee the customer experience matches the brand promise and turn fence-sitters into evangelists.
- Take 10: Three Critical Steps to Launching Your Audio BrandReleased on 4/25/2014 with Colleen FaheyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to identify your brand's key values and you'll discover how to turn these values into a musical vocabulary unique to your brand.
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: How to Create a Customer Advocate ProgramReleased on 10/19/2012 with Michael BritoIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create customer advocates and how to leverage them in a way that will help your bottom line!
- Take 10: Six Ways to Turn Your Brand Into Eye Candy for Your ConsumersReleased on 6/1/2012 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to proactively prepare your brand for this social visual revolution and ensure that you have a sexy and cohesive brand image that's ready for consumption by your audience.
- Take 10: How to Effectively Use Traditional Marketing in the Digital AgeReleased on 4/6/2012 with Elaine FogelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how you can use traditional marketing (print advertising, direct mail, etc.) as the perfect complement to your digital marketing strategy.
- Take 10: How to Integrate Social Media Into Your Daily RoutineReleased on 3/23/2012 with Beth SchillaciIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to integrate social media into your marketing mix effectively by working it into your daily routine.
Brand Management: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Three Cs of Successful PositioningIn this 15-page guide, you'll learn how to research the three Cs, their importance, and their impact on the positioning process. Just as positioning is the foundation for successful marketing, understanding the three Cs is the foundation for a positioning strategy that will set you apart from your competitors.