Brand Management: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
International Marketing: Three Steps to Muy BuenoIsadora BadiExpanding into new markets abroad is never as easy as "translation." Instead, the key is "localization"—adapting a product or service and your marketing to conform to the language, culture, and ...
The B2B Marketer's Guide to SXSW 2014 [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAre you a B2B marketer attending SXSW 2014? Then use this guide to help you plan which sessions, book signings, and meet-ups to attend.
New Internet Domain Extensions: Don't Get Blinded by the Sunrise or Run Over by the LandrushKathy NielsenThe oldest, most basic form of online navigation (think .com, .org, .net, etc.) is getting overhauled. New generic top-level domains—.app, .sports, .club, .healthcare, and many more—have already begun to launch.
10 Commandments for Getting the Most Out of Your Naming FirmBeth GerberYou bit the bullet and decided to hire a naming firm for your next branding initiative. You researched and you vetted, and you picked a firm that feels like a ...
LinkedIn Showcase Pages: Target Your ContentHana AbazaIn contrast to LinkedIn's Company Pages, its Showcase Pages are focused on one aspect of your business. The idea is to create a dedicated space for your prominent brands, products, ...
How People Discover New BrandsAyaz NanjiThe most effective method for brand discovery remains articles published in mainstream media outlets, according to a recent report by GlobalWebIndex.
What Are the 'Simplest' Brands in the World?Ayaz NanjiGlobal consumers rank European-based discount supermarket retailer ALDI as the "simplest" brand in the world—meaning its products and pricing are seen as straightforward and it is viewed as very trustworthy/easy ...
Brand Dracula: Four Branding Lessons From the UndeadMichael DiFriscoBela Lugosi's portrayal of the creepy count continues to inform all depictions of vampires on screen and in books. Because of that consistency and memorability, Dracula can teach us lessons ...
Most Valuable Global Brands: Apple, Google, and Coca-ColaAyaz NanjiFor the first time in the history of Interbrand’s 100 Best Global Brands report, there is a new No. 1 brand: Apple.
National Coffee (AKA 'Marketing Fuel') Day [Infographic]In honor of National Coffee Day, Sunday, September 29, Dunkin' Donuts and CareerBuilder researched some of the latest coffee trends in the US workplace and incorporated some of the findings ...
Brand Management: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Language of Brand Love: Loveworks Author Brian Sheehan Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Brian Sheehan discusses his latest book "Loveworks," the characteristics of beloved brands, and how you can create a "sensual experience" for your prospects and customers.
Marketing Lessons From Lady Gaga: Author Jackie Huba Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author and online marketer Jackie Huba shares marketing lessons from her book Monster Loyalty: How Lady Gaga Turns Followers Into Fanatics.
Think Like a Producer, Not a Publisher: Andrew Davis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantMarketers need to think and act more like executive producers, those people behind the scenes of movies and TV shows who spend all their time "trying to find the resources to create the right kind of content for the right ...
No Pain, No Gain: Jonah Lehrer Discusses Debate, Dissent, and Creativity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOne of the rules of traditional brainstorming is... "Don't criticize anyone's ideas." But does that work? "Criticism is really good for the imagination," Jonah Lehrer explains in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts.
The Mindset Is the Message: Amber Naslund and Matt Ridings Talk Social Business on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhat does "social business" mean? On this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Amber Naslund and Matt Ridings tell me why the key to being a social business depends less on technology and more on the application of social concepts internally.
Brand Management: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Running the Gauntlet: Essential Business Lessons to Lead, Drive Change, and Grow ProfitsBroadcast on 1/23/2014 with Jeffrey HayzlettThis PRO seminar, taught by Jeffrey Hayzlett, will reveal how to run and drive change through marketing and business, from getting ready to creating and sustaining momentum.
- Take on the World: Compete Globally with Customer Experience ManagementBroadcast on 10/17/2013 with Liz HighThis PRO seminar is not just relevant for the global marketer, as you'll also learn how customer experience innovation in one market propels a company's competitiveness and growth across the globe.
- Welcome to the Collaborative EconomyBroadcast on 9/19/2013 with Jeremiah OwyangAltimeter's latest research will show how corporations must not only stay relevant, but also lead the charge in their own communities. This PRO seminar will share three ways corporations must shift their business (and marketing) to adapt to today's collaborative economy.
- MarketingProfs University: Building the Living, Breathing BrandBroadcast on 6/13/2013 with Tamsen WebsterThis PRO seminar will teach you how to make your brand work for you by going beyond taglines and slogans and giving it the eyes, ears, and legs it takes to become an integral part of your customers' lives.
- MarketingProfs University: The Daring Brand's Guide to Creating Content Worth SharingBroadcast on 12/6/2012 with Ann HandleyIn this PRO seminar, MarketingProfs chief content officer and Content Rules co-author Ann Handley will share her philosophy about what brands like yours need to do to fully embrace content marketing to create content worth sharing.
- How to Collaborate Effectively Within Your Organization to Strengthen Your BrandBroadcast on 11/15/2012 with Elaine FogelThis PRO seminar will give marketers the resources and inspiration they need to collaborate with other departments. You'll learn how to turn employees into brand ambassadors who will enhance customer relationships, advocate branding compliance, promote trust, and help your business.
- Ten Best Practices for Performing Competitive TeardownsBroadcast on 7/26/2012 with Sean CampbellYou'll learn the do's and don'ts of acquiring competitors' solutions, methods to perform the teardown effectively and fairly, and how you can use the results to improve your marketing and sales collateral.
- MarketingProfs University: Understanding and Engaging Today’s Connected BuyerBroadcast on 6/7/2012 with Tony ZambitoThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Digital Advertising Academy will get you inside the minds of your buyers and cover why understanding them is the first step to successful branding, marketing, and demand generation.
- Is Your Company Ready to Respond to a Social Media Crisis?Broadcast on 9/29/2011 with Jeremiah OwyangJoin us as analyst and thought leader Jeremiah Owyang presents his latest research with MarketingProfs detailing how companies plan for social business crises.
Brand Management: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: How To Create a Customer Advocate ProgramReleased on 10/19/2012 with Michael BritoIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create customer advocates and how to leverage them in a way that will help your bottom line!
- Take 10: Six Ways to Turn Your Brand Into Eye Candy for Your ConsumersReleased on 6/1/2012 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to proactively prepare your brand for this social visual revolution and ensure that you have a sexy and cohesive brand image that's ready for consumption by your audience.
- Take 10: How to Effectively Use Traditional Marketing in the Digital AgeReleased on 4/6/2012 with Elaine FogelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how you can use traditional marketing (print advertising, direct mail, etc.) as the perfect complement to your digital marketing strategy.
- Take 10: How to Integrate Social Media Into Your Daily RoutineReleased on 3/23/2012 with Beth SchillaciIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to integrate social media into your marketing mix effectively by working it into your daily routine.