B2B Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Are B2B Enterprises Successfully Shifting Sales to Online Channels?Ayaz NanjiMany large B2B companies are still struggling to persuade clients to purchase goods and services online, according to a recent report from Accenture.
How B2B Marketers Are Using Digital VideoAyaz NanjiSome 96% of B2B organizations say they are engaged in video content marketing, according to a recent report from the Web Video Marketing Council, Flimp Media, and ReelSEO.
How to Use 'Story-Selling' and Modular Content to Drive SalesMelissa AndrewsSome marketers would say salespeople are like babies who need structure and boundaries... and can't be trusted with storytelling. But as a marketer and former sales rep, I know the ...
B2B Marketing Technology: Top Tools, Objectives, and ChallengesAyaz NanjiNearly two-thirds (65%) of B2B companies say they plan to increase their marketing technology budget in the near future, according to a recent report from Informatica, Dun & Bradstreet, and ...
2016 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and TrendsAnn HandleyHow do B2B marketers measure content marketing success? Which metric do they say is most important? Which tactics do they use? What increases content effectiveness? What do the most effective ...
How to Enable Sales With Content MarketingTom WhatleyCreating content in linear progression won't work for Sales: During the decision-making process, prospects have varying challenges and objections that Sales needs to overcome to convince prospects to take the ...
The Most Effective Tactics for Optimizing B2B Landing PagesAyaz NanjiB2B marketers say A/B-testing is the most effective tactic for increasing conversion rates on website landing pages, according to a recent report from Conversion Mechanics and Ascend2 Research.
How to Build a B2B Case Study Program to Promote Your CompanyDave HochmanDeveloping B2B case studies is not without its challenges, but those who do it well can reap serious rewards—including reduced sales cycles, market share growth, and increased visibility among key ...
Five Simple Ways to Get Your First Account-Based Marketing Campaign Up and RunningSangram VajreHow can you engage buyers wherever they are in the selling process while reaching all of the important decision-makers—without being intrusive? Account-based marketing (ABM) to the rescue.
How to Find the Best B2B Copywriters: A 10-Point GuideAllan DaviesThe demand for B2B content has dramatically increased. It's also flooded copywriter ranks with raw recruits who can waste your time and money. But you can avoid copywriting disasters.
B2B Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Lessons From 2015 Bright Bulb Award Winners: Ritz-Carlton, BESLER Consulting, and Tripwire [VIDEO]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneThe MarketingProfs 2015 Bright Bulb Awards recognize brilliance, excellence, and innovation in B2B marketing. This special video edition of the Marketing Smarts podcast featuresGretchen Newby of The Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center, Cindy Valladares of Tripwire, and Michael Passanante of BESLER Consulting.
How B2B Brands Can Rock Social: B2B Marketing Forum Speaker Eric T. Tung on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneB2B Marketing Forum speaker Eric T. Tung discusses social media for B2B organizations, including why executives need to join their employees in the social space.
The Golden Age of B2B Marketing: Peter Isaacson of Demandbase on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDemandbase Chief Marketing Officer Peter Isaacson discusses the "golden age of B2B marketing," how to measure success, and using account-based marketing to increase revenue.
How to Go Beyond Just Telling Your Brand Story: Christian Lachel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChristian Lachel shares his secrets to building lasting customer relationships through emotionally evocative brand experiences that increase loyalty and drive revenue. He and his team at BRC Imagination Arts have created some of the world's most memorable brand experiences.
Books, the Ultimate Content Marketing: Wiley's David Palmer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDavid Palmer, marketing director at Wiley, oversees Dummies B2B and the For Dummies, Business, and Education product lines. He explains how B2B marketers can use books and other content to make themselves indispensable to their audience.
From Aspiring CMO to Inspiring Leader: Teradata CMO Lisa Arthur on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTeradata Applications Chief Marketing Officer Lisa Arthur discusses her evolution from journalist to CMO, the advent of data-driven marketing, and the importance of customer experience to marketing success.
Marketing That Surprises: A Special Guest Host Takes Over Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn line with the theme of this episode—marketing that surprises—as well as the day it airs (April Fools' Day), a surprise host takes over Marketing Smarts to discuss campaigns that surprise and (sometimes) delight!
Raising the Roof With B2B Social Media: GAF Roofing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEmily Videtto and Alyssa Hall host the "Style My House" Facebook page for GAF, a 129-year-old roofing manufacturer with a complex B2B sales cycle. Videtto and Hall share their secrets to reaching a new audience through social media, audience research, ...
Rock 'n' Roll 'n' Social Media: Jason Miller of LinkedIn Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJason Miller of LinkedIn offers tips for content marketing and the effective use of LinkedIn, and shares insights from his new book, Welcome to the Funnel: Proven Tactics to Turn Your Content and Social Media Up to 11.
Bringing the Mainframe to Millennials: B2B Marketer of the Year Deon Newman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDeon Newman, IBM's vice-president of marketing for System z, and recipient of the B2B Marketer of the Year Award at the MarketingProfs Bright Bulb Awards, shares insights into what made IBM's Mainframe50 campaign successful.
B2B Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Emma's B2B Guide to Beating the Holiday Inbox RushBroadcast on 9/29/2015 with Jamie BradleyJoin us for this free seminar to learn how to craft messages that won't get buried during the hustle and bustle of the season. By mapping out your plan of attack now, you'll set yourself up for success faster than you can say "Turducken." Sponsored by Emma
- Smarketing—What It Is and Why You Need to Master ItBroadcast on 9/24/2015 with Peter StrohkorbIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the recent phenomenon of smarketing: sales and marketing working together to be competitive in the new buyer's journey. We'll share examples of highly collaborative companies that have applied smarketing and the role it played in their success. You'll leave with actionable advice on how you can introduce this concept to your organization and an understanding of the benefits it can offer.
- How to Build Your Podcast BrandBroadcast on 7/23/2015 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, we'll walk you through how to get started in podcasting—from understanding its current state to the mechanics and equipment needed to begin. You'll learn how to develop a podcast that both aligns with your brand promise and engages your audience. We'll also share techniques on how to turn your current listeners into brand advocates, and you'll walk away with actionable tips you can start using right away to take your podcast from good to great.
- Case Study: Reframe Your Media Strategy to Identify and Engage New AudiencesBroadcast on 7/16/2015 with Alyssa Hall, Emily VidettoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain how GAF Roofing redefined their media and branding strategy to engage a new audience and re-engage their traditional audiences through social, PR, television, video, and more. You'll learn how to tailor your approach to capture the attention of a shifting customer base as well as gain insight on how to update both your messaging and media to increase loyalty and engagement.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Anatomy of a LinkedIn Company PageBroadcast on 5/14/2015 with Viveka von RosenIn this PRO seminar, LinkedIn expert Viveka von Rosen will review member-submitted Company Pages and make suggestions that will have an immediate impact. You'll see examples of companies doing it right and those that could benefit from a bit more TLC when it comes to their Company Pages. We'll also discuss the elements of a well-designed page—from what to include in your Company Description to how to properly add images—and how to use your page to stimulate prospect relationships and drive more business.
- Leverage Email for B2B: Tips for Each Stage of the Sales FunnelBroadcast on 3/26/2015 with Karen TalaveraIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn several approaches to integrating email into the lead nurturing, prospect qualification, and customer progression process at every stage of the sales funnel. We'll explore how content marketing is a key component of the process, and why marketing automation and triggered emails are critical to success.
- Tune In to the Voice of the CompetitorBroadcast on 3/5/2015 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover strategies and tactics you can use to go beyond the voice of customer (VOC) research and move into voice of the competitor (VOTC) research. We'll explain how to tap into the digital world to not only identify your competitors' customers and influencers, but uncover the messages they're sending, as well as share proven best practices to help bring your marketing in line with the world around you. You'll leave this seminar armed with tools and techniques that can provide both quantitative and qualitative measures of competitor voice.
- Seven B2B Marketing Confessions That Will Improve Your Marketing Efforts NowBroadcast on 5/23/2013 with John WallThis PRO seminar will provide you with a framework that will help you navigate our ever-changing field, and increase your odds of success.
- Not Your Father's B2B: Building Business in Today's New World of MarketingBroadcast on 8/2/2012 with B2B Forum SpeakersJoin us for this free sneak peek for MarketingProfs' B2B Forum 2012 and uncover the latest techniques and coolest concepts that work for real companies like yours. Featuring conference speakers Michael Brenner, Veronica Fielding, Nedra Sadorf, and Roberta Rosenberg.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Effectively Generate and Manage LeadsBroadcast on 7/12/2012 with James W. ObermayerThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's B2B Lead Roundup course will show you how to set the stage for success by identifying your targets and basic metrics, establishing qualifying buying stages, generating demand, and converting and continually nurturing leads.
B2B Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Name Your BrandReleased on 9/4/2015 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss how to choose a brand name that resonates with your customers. We'll walk you through the four types of names and the elements that make them sticky, as well as teach you how to evaluate your company and product names against the competition.
- Take 10: Three Steps for Using Influencer Video to Increase Your Bottom LineReleased on 8/7/2015 with Mark LernerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple steps to source quality influencer video and use it to impact your bottom line in a meaningful and measurable way. Using these steps, you'll be able to implement a strategy that will help you reach your goals and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Take 10: Five Tips to Create Successful Nurture CampaignsReleased on 3/27/2015 with Cyndi W. GreenglassIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with five key tips on how to create successful nurture campaigns. You'll learn how to develop and engage your prospects in an ongoing conversation that's proven to increase your conversion rates over time, and in a way that's easily measurable.
- Take 10: Pinterest Basics for B2B MarketingReleased on 3/9/2012 with Anne YastremskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the basics of Pinterest, so you can make an informed decision if it is right for your brand.
B2B Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- B-to-B Marketing in 2008: Trends in Strategies and SpendingMarketingProfs research provides B2B marketers guidance for making budget and media mix allocations by exploring the issues and emerging trends in 2008.
- Direct Marketing How-To Guide: Your Template for Optimal Media Selection for B2B MarketingFind out what's new, what's hot and what's not in B2B marketing trends.
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.