Positioning: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Top Five Questions Marketers Should Always Be Asking ThemselvesPreeti UpadhyayaWith so many projects, deadlines, channels, and metrics to consider, marketers can easily forget the basics. To keep your eye on the prize—your audience—you should always be asking yourself these ...
How to Get the Most of Out of Best-Practices in Audio BrandingColleen Fahey, Laurence MinskyUS marketers haven't tended to their audio brands—their distinct music-based identity—but their European competitors have been doing so for years.
Localization Should Be a Forethought: Five Tips for SuccessDarren Megarry, Evelyn ToroMost global marketers have no strategy for multilingual content marketing. That's a dangerous oversight, because the economic potential of non-English-speaking markets is staggering. Here's how to plan for success.
Seven Content Marketing Tips for Media Pickup and Massive ExposureLarry KimUnless you're a Fortune 500 company, mainstream and even industry media probably won't cover your acquisition, new hire, or other news. But you can use content marketing to break into ...
Five Ways to Take Advantage of the Extended Back-to-School SeasonTim McMullenDon't take down those back-to-school signs just yet, there's still work to be done. By scoping out styles before buying, Generation Z has stretched the back-to-school season weeks past its ...
For True Brand Loyalty, Build Contextual Marketing Strategy Into Your Brand: Part 2James GeorgePart 2 covers customer-experience-driven comparative advantages and targeted deployment—the tactical execution of communicating a brand's value proposition and unlocking competitive advantages.
Develop Your Brand Voice: Three Keys to Killer MessagingMaria RossHere are three tips to consider when crafting messaging so you can pique interest, create a relationship, and stand out from your competition.
For True Brand Loyalty, Build Contextual Marketing Strategy Into Your Brand: Part 1James GeorgeNo question about it, brand loyalty is down since the recession. To fight that trend, marketers have been using short-term tactics—with diminishing results. Something different is needed.
Everything I Learned About Marketing Came From Comedy, Part 2: ImprovKathy Klotz-GuestPart 2 of this two-part article series outlines more ways that comedy—in this case, improvisation—can help us become better marketers and connect more easily with our audiences.
Understand How Buyers Buy: Marketing With the 'Buying Center' Concept [Infographic]Glenn GowMarket segmentation and customer insights are only part of what you need to enter the competitive market. You need to take your marketing to the next level.
Positioning: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Content, Social, Sales, and Community: Highlights From a Year of Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWe covered a range of topics on the Marketing Smarts podcast in 2012. In this episode we share some highlights on creating compelling content, allowing social media to humanize your organization, building community, and navigating the sometimes tricky relationship between ...
Does Your Brand Have a Visual Hammer? Laura Ries on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThis week's guest , Laura Ries, believes in tying a brand's core message (the "verbal nail") to a striking visual image (the "visual hammer"). Her premise is straightforward: To leave a lasting impression on the mind of customers and potential ...
Positioning: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- 10 Keys to Creating a Winning Marketing ConceptBroadcast on 5/8/2014 with Martha GuidryIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the keys to marketing concept success. We'll examine real world examples to illustrate the challenges faced when creating marketing concepts, giving you a clear understanding of what an ownable positioning concept really is and setting you up to hit the ground running.
- Using Market Frameworks to Analyze Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/21/2013 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use market frameworks to understand your market and analyze your competition, understand your own strengths, and uncover weaknesses you may not even know you have.
- Ten Best Practices for Performing Competitive TeardownsBroadcast on 7/26/2012 with Sean CampbellYou'll learn the do's and don'ts of acquiring competitors' solutions, methods to perform the teardown effectively and fairly, and how you can use the results to improve your marketing and sales collateral.
- How to Create Advertising Campaigns that Make Men Do What You WantBroadcast on 5/28/2009 with Steve McNamaraNow's your chance to learn how to think like the Creative Director of a bigshot ad agency.
- Content Marketing: How to Position Your Company as a Trusted Expert ResourceBroadcast on 12/4/2008 with Joe PulizziWhat's the best way to start building a relationship with potential buyers? Educate them about your industry, possible solution choices, best practices, and the right questions to ask.
- Direct-to-Consumer PR: Putting theBroadcast on 9/11/2008 with Gail Z. MartinGo beyond the idea of the Direct-to-Consumer press release and put the 'public' back into PR with a new look at ways to take the corporate message straight to the purchaser.
- Using e-Metrics to Optimize Your All-Around Marketing StrategyBroadcast on 4/3/2008 with Jim SterneOnline marketing professionals have been monitoring the success of their websites for a little over ten years now. They have been using the Internet to test alternatives in marketing strategy, messaging, positioning, offers, promotions and more. Today, these techniques can be directed at the offline world as well.
- Seth Godin: How to Avoid The Meatball SundaeBroadcast on 1/3/2008 with Seth GodinThis seminar with Seth Godin is perfect for anyone wrestling with the collision of traditional marketing and the New Marketing that's happening online. It's all about avoiding the meatball sundae. "What's a Meatball Sundae?" you ask ...
- Get More Customer Mindshare: Developing a Rock-Solid Value PropositionBroadcast on 11/29/2007 with Jill KonrathWhen salespeople lack strong value propositions, they're unable to crack into corporate accounts, engage customers in business-oriented discussions, differentiate themselves from competitors and get prospective customers to make decisions to change. Strong value propositions are that important!
- Jack Trout on Worldwide Positioning: An Encore PresentationBroadcast on 11/28/2007 with Jack TroutThe global economy is the driving force in today’s marketing world. Positioning is the driving force in how to operate in this world. This seminar will take you on a journey around the world to see how positioning is being practiced from China to Venezuela and many stops in between.
Positioning: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: A Step-by-Step Guide to Product SelectionReleased on 5/17/2013 with Kathleen SchultzIn just 10 minutes, we'll share a comprehensive step-by-step approach to product selection that will step up your selling success!
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Become a Go-To Resource for CustomersReleased on 2/24/2012 with Brian SolisIn just 10 minutes, Brian tells you exactly what you need to do to become relevant and a go-to resource for your customer.
Positioning: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Positioning, Naming & TaglinesSpot-on positioning leads to names that attract customers and taglines that sing. Get your small business on the track to marketing success.