Customer Satisfaction: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Brand Admiration: Why Some Brands Are Loved Unconditionally (and What You Can Learn From Them)Josh ZywienWhen companies have high levels of brand admiration, they experience explosive revenue growth and improved cost efficiencies, and far greater access to the best talent and partnerships.
Five Steps to Service Recovery and Complaint-Handling Success [Infographic]Verónica JarskiNo business is perfect, and sometimes, a product or service fails. So, what's the best way to reach out to customers and handle their complaint?
How to Reduce Costly Chargebacks at Your BusinessSarah BlanchardCredit card users sometimes dispute charges on their accounts and demand reimbursement. Dealing with those chargebacks can take valuable time away from employees, and it can be costly. Here are ...
Five Effective Ways to Build a Strong Online ReputationAjay PrasadOnline reviews can pop up when you least expect them, leaving a lasting effect on how potential and current customers perceive your business. Improving your online reputation is no walk ...
Eight Tips for Running a Customer-Friendly BusinessNeerav MehtaYour product or service cannot survive on its own. It needs backup in the form of strong customer support. The way you interact with your audience will determine how far ...
How to Nurture the Five Stages of Customer AdvocacyStephan HovnanianCustomer advocacy programs are hot right now. And why shouldn't they be? Customers have the ability to be hyper-connected to the brands they love, and they are gaining more influence ...
Customer Experience Rankings: The 25 Best (and Worst) BrandsAyaz NanjiConsumers in the United States say supermarkets Publix and H-E-B are the businesses with the best customer experience, according to a recent report from the Temkin Ground.
The 10 Companies With the Best Reputations [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiAmong major corporations, Amazon has the best reputation with consumers in the United States, according to a Nielsen infographic based on findings from the Harris Poll.
What an Online Hater Really Wants From YouJay BaerThe near-universal adoption of smartphones and social media has fundamentally altered the science of handling customer complaints. The critics ("haters") are not your problem, however... Ignoring them is.
The Top Elements of Great (and Terrible) Customer ServiceAyaz NanjiWhich elements of customer service are very important to consumers? What are the customer service issues that frustrate people most?
Customer Satisfaction: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The New Rules of Sales and Service: David Meerman Scott Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author, speaker, and marketing expert David Meerman Scott discusses the radical change underway in sales and customer service, and shares tips for how businesses can succeed under these new rules.
Customer Frustration and Business Vulnerability: Stephen Beck Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChange expert and business consultant Stephen Beck discusses how focusing on customer frustration and business vulnerabilities can help you grow your company.
Three Customer Service Lessons From Dave 'United Breaks Guitars' Carroll on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDave Carroll is the man whose guitar United broke. He joined us to discuss his book, titled United Breaks Guitars, about the experiences that led up to his now famous music video, lessons he learned along the way about social ...
Have You Sat Down with Your Customer Lately? Patrick Schaber and Joe Sorge on Marketing Smartsby Matthew GrantWhether you are selling complex technical systems or burgers with fried pickles on them—like my guests in this week's Marketing Smarts—you need to understand your customers and interact with them face-to-face.
Customer Satisfaction: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Create Meaningful Experiences for Your BrandBroadcast on 4/21/2016 with Brian SolisIn this PRO seminar, Brian Solis shares why great products, creative marketing, and delightful customer service are no longer enough to win customers. We'll explain why the future of business is experiential and show you how to create and cultivate meaningful experiences.
- Take on the World: Compete Globally with Customer Experience ManagementBroadcast on 10/17/2013 with Liz HighThis PRO seminar is not just relevant for the global marketer, as you'll also learn how customer experience innovation in one market propels a company's competitiveness and growth across the globe.
- MarketingProfs University: Understanding and Engaging Today’s Connected BuyerBroadcast on 6/7/2012 with Tony ZambitoThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Digital Advertising Academy will get you inside the minds of your buyers and cover why understanding them is the first step to successful branding, marketing, and demand generation.
- Seven Fast-Acting Methods to Drive B2B Revenue NowBroadcast on 5/14/2009 with John CoeIs your B2B sales force stalled right now? As a marketer, it's up to you to help them overcome economic obstacles in meeting today's revenue goals.
- Reaching Your Prospect's Inbox: Better Email DeliverabilityBroadcast on 5/10/2007 with Craig SpiezleAttend this seminar and get a Microsoft insider's view on how you can improve your odds of getting your messages to the right destination. This content is relevant to anyone doing serious email marketing today.
- The Ultimate Question, with Fred ReichheldBroadcast on 7/11/2006 with Fred ReichheldFred Reichheld believes that too many companies are addicted to bad profits that come at a customer's expense. While bad profits often boost short-term earnings, in the long run they burn out employees, alienate customers, and undermine growth.
- Managing Customers As Long Term InvestmentsBroadcast on 9/29/2005 with Professor Sunil GuptaThis seminar we will show that marketing executives need to think about the two sides of customer value – the value that a firm provides to its customers, and the value that a customer provides to the firm.
- Marketing Metrics: Linking Marketing to Financial ConsequencesBroadcast on 5/5/2005 with Professor David ReibsteinThis seminar will show you how to connect marketing spending to its financial consequences of marketing spending, and to not be satisfied with the connection to interim marketing metrics.
- Web Analytics: Best Practices in the Real WorldBroadcast on 10/22/2004 with Jim SterneLearn from examples of how some of the best companies around the world are applying Web analytics tools to raise revenue, lower costs and increase customer satisfaction. Examples include the likes of Hewlett-Packard, Amazon.com, Tommy Hilfiger, MSN, SAP and InterContinental Hotels. From the stories of these successful companies, you will learn practical approaches you can apply in your Web organization.
- The Twelve Laws of Customer LoyaltyBroadcast on 9/23/2004 with Jill GriffinWhat can you do to stop customer churn and, instead, ignite loyalty? Winning today’s fickle buyer requires thinking like a customer. The Twelve Laws of Loyalty will take you there.
Customer Satisfaction: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create and Leverage Testimonial VideosReleased on 8/26/2016 with Marsha DrukerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn everything you need to get started creating testimonial video content for your company's marketing efforts. We'll show you how to harness the art of storytelling for better videos, along with various ways to promote the finished product across your website, social channels, and marketing campaigns. You'll walk away with actionable steps to plan, create, and leverage effective testimonial video content.
- Take 10: Customer Engagement—How to Turn a Negative Into a PositiveReleased on 10/24/2014 with Jeannie WaltersIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to handle customer experience mishaps with finesse. You'll also learn how to create a greater level of brand trust and loyalty despite the customer issue, and ultimately, how to turn an unhappy customer into a loyal one.