Market Research: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five SEO Tips for Global MarketersRachel ChilsonIf you want to boost your website traffic overseas, you need a localized strategy for each market. Here are five SEO tips to keep in mind during that localization process.
Three Ways to Use Feedback Surveys to Maximize Business EffectivenessSabina StoiciuSee how you can use a feedback survey to maximize effectiveness in relation to employees, customers, and events. Also, read two brief case studies of businesses that simplified their work ...
10-Step B2B Customer Satisfaction Survey Pre-Survey ChecklistJohn ColdwellThe better you plan your B2B customer satisfaction survey, the more you'll get out of it. Done properly, the survey should be a significant source of additional revenue rather than ...
Little Data vs. Big Data: Nine Types of Data and How They Should Be UsedJerry W. ThomasThe solution to marketing and business problems—and the identification of strategic opportunities—often lies in the realm of Little Data, not Big Data.
International Marketing: Three Steps to Muy BuenoIsadora BadiExpanding into new markets abroad is never as easy as "translation." Instead, the key is "localization"—adapting a product or service and your marketing to conform to the language, culture, and ...
How and When to Start Marketing Your Product: Four Steps to FollowOliver DengDon't get hung up on where and when to start your marketing program. These four steps are easy to follow. And if you get them right, you will be well ...
Five Approaches for Making Sense of the Data KaleidoscopeLaura PattersonMarketers have access to more data than ever before, so the ability to identify data patterns and use that information to make strategic decisions is vital for success.
Six Tips for Creating an Effective Online Customer SurveySameer BhatiaWhen using a free or subscription-based online tool to create a survey, you must be certain that the survey is carefully designed to yield the most valuable data.
Five Tips for Getting the Most From Your Qualitative ResearcherMartha GuidrySelecting the right qualitative researcher for your marketing project is critical, because a lot of money and your credibility are on the line. So make sure to ask these five ...
Unlock the Potential of Real-Time MarketingJenn Deering DavisReal-time marketing isn't necessarily new, but marketers are now scrambling to understand how they can integrate it into their marketing mix. Here are a few tips to get started.
Market Research: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Audience-Centric Marketing: Tom Webster Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Webster, vice-president of marketing and strategy at Edison Research, explains the simple shift in thinking that can help marketers to create more effective messages.
The Language of Brand Love: Loveworks Author Brian Sheehan Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Brian Sheehan discusses his latest book "Loveworks," the characteristics of beloved brands, and how you can create a "sensual experience" for your prospects and customers.
The Truth Is Unscripted: Adele Revella Talks Buyer Personas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"Buyer personas don't work if you make stuff up," Adele Revella told me during this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. "They work if you listen to customers first." But to gather real, actionable customer intelligence, you need to talk to ...
The Changing Agency/Client Relationship: Glenn Engler Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantSenior-level marketers don't seem to believe their digital partners are adequately extending their service capabilities in the digital age. So how does an agency demonstrate that it "gets" digital? Glenn Engler, CEO of Digital Influence Group, answers that question in ...
Market Research: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Take on the World: Compete Globally with Customer Experience ManagementBroadcast on 10/17/2013 with Liz HighThis PRO seminar is not just relevant for the global marketer, as you'll also learn how customer experience innovation in one market propels a company's competitiveness and growth across the globe.
- Ten Best Practices for Performing Competitive TeardownsBroadcast on 7/26/2012 with Sean CampbellYou'll learn the do's and don'ts of acquiring competitors' solutions, methods to perform the teardown effectively and fairly, and how you can use the results to improve your marketing and sales collateral.
- Sales Messaging That Closes the DealBroadcast on 6/21/2012 with Tim RiestererDiscover how to develop content marketing messages that help your salespeople close the deal and convince prospects to choose you.
- MarketingProfs University: Understanding and Engaging Today’s Connected BuyerBroadcast on 6/7/2012 with Tony ZambitoThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Digital Advertising Academy will get you inside the minds of your buyers and cover why understanding them is the first step to successful branding, marketing, and demand generation.
- Cognitive Surplus: How Sharing and Collaboration Can Benefit Marketers in a Connected AgeBroadcast on 4/19/2012 with Clay ShirkyIn this seminar, Clay Shirky will show you how to tap into your customers' cognitive surplus by providing a platform for customer collaboration—and how this collaboration can turn into big positive results for your business. Plus you'll discover how you, as a marketer, can become more valuable to your company through the insights you gain by fostering this collaboration.
- Accelerating Sales with Competitive IntelligenceBroadcast on 5/19/2011 with Sean Campbell, Scott SwigartSean Campbell and Scott Swigart explain how you can obtain clear and correct competitive insights (on a moment's notice)—and then use that information to strengthen to your marketing and business plans, and accelerate sales growth.
- Get to Know Your Customers: Connecting Market Research to Business GrowthBroadcast on 8/5/2010 with Bill AlbertiLearn how to frame market research in terms of profitable impact. You'll discover how to establish the connection between using research to understand your customers and improved business performance.
- Demolish the Roadblocks on Your Website: Clearing a Path for Customer Action, Sales and LoyaltyBroadcast on 1/21/2010 with Gerry McGovernTraditional marketing is about getting attention. Web marketing is about giving attention. There’s a world of difference between the two.
- The Naked Truth: Insights from Our Social Media Marketing ResearchBroadcast on 1/14/2010 with Tim McAtee, Roy YoungGet the Full Monty on what 5,140 marketers are doing with social media in this look at our newest research results.
- Monetizing the Long Tail of Search: Rethink Your Keyword StrategyBroadcast on 11/12/2009 with Avinash KaushikHe's back! The maven of Search and Web Analytics returns to tip you off to secrets of getting found on the Web.
Market Research: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Gather Competitive Intelligence from Q&A ForumsReleased on 4/29/2011 with Scott SwigartIn this Take 10, competitive intelligence expert Scott Swigart tells you which Q&A sites are prime spots for unearthing a mother lode of information on your competition and how best to stake your claim.
- Take 10: How to Reverse Engineer Your Competitors’ Customer ListReleased on 4/15/2011 with Scott SwigartIn this Take 10 webcast, competitive intelligence expert Scott Swigart explains how you can gather data from a variety of public information sources, such as Google and LinkedIn, and then connect the dots to gain insight into who your competition's customers actually are.
- Take 10: Discover What Your Competition is Worried (and Excited) AboutReleased on 1/7/2011 with Scott SwigartLet competitive intelligence expert Scott Swigart show you the way as he explains which sources to tap, what types of information to look for, and how to corroborate your findings when researching publicly traded companies.
- Take 10: Google Tools the Pros Use for Advanced Competitive ResearchReleased on 12/10/2010 with Sean CampbellTake a quick tour of the advanced Google tools the pros use to guide their online research, gather insight on competitors, and get a solid read on the state of the industry in this Take 10 presentation by market research specialist Sean Campbell.
- Take 10: Using LinkedIn Company Pages for Networking and ProspectingReleased on 11/26/2010 with Jason AlbaFind out why Companies is LinkedIn expert Jason Alba's second favorite feature as he explains where to go on LinkedIn to find key data and how to use it for networking and prospecting.
- Take 10: Dig up the Good Stuff About Your Competitors Using GoogleReleased on 11/19/2010 with Sean CampbellIn this Take 10 webcast, market research specialist Sean Campbell outlines some of the basic search modes you can use to save time and push the good stuff to the top.
- Take 10: Using Twitter as a Competitive Research ToolReleased on 10/22/2010 with Sean CampbellFind out how the competitive intelligence experts make the best use of their time on Twitter in this short, 10-minute presentation by Sean Campbell.
Market Research: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best PracticesMarketing automation can have a big impact on your sales and marketing efforts. Learn the ins and outs of marketing automation capabilities, how to make the best use of them, and resources for selecting the best system for you with MarketingProfs' Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best Practices guide.
- LinkedIn Success StoriesLinkedIn is used by 55 million professionals as a place to network, trade advice, and demonstrate business expertise. See how 11 companies, including PR firms, advertising agencies, and software companies, are using LinkedIn to show expertise, generate leads, and conduct research.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Customer-Centric Innovation: How Companies Engage Customers in Product Development and Radical InnovationEngaging your customers can help increase satisfaction, loyalty, and brand awareness. This research report will help you understand the role of customers in product development.
- B-to-B Marketing in 2008: Trends in Strategies and SpendingMarketingProfs research provides B2B marketers guidance for making budget and media mix allocations by exploring the issues and emerging trends in 2008.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Market ResearchNeed to learn about your customers without the big price tag of market research firms? This guide on do-it-yourself market research will help you get the information you need to position your business without emptying the corporate coffers.
- Online Research How-To GuideSet clear objectives and a realistic scope to online research projects. These are just two of the steps that this comprehensive, step-by-step planning guide will help you to accomplish to insure your online research results in the most relevant and useful information possible.
- Market Forecasting TemplateThis guide will give you a mini-seminar on the art and the science of forecasting. Learn the four different ways to create forecasting models and choose the ones that best suit your needs. Then follow these easy-to-follow steps to creating a model where you too can predict the future.
- Benchmark Report : Marketing ROI (Year 2)This 2006 survey, the second annual ROI study, demonstrates that companies are definitely getting the ROI message. This study shows a significant increase in the number of companies that have implemented some form of Marketing ROI measurements. And let's face it, Marketing ROI is here to stay. Jim Lenskold says, "Marketing ROI will continue to be a priority as long as maximizing profits is a priority for corporations." Well said, Jim.
- Competitive Analysis TemplateA thorough competitive analysis is a critical component of a solid marketing plan. It is an exercise that will provide you with valuable insights to guide the development of your business strategy. This 20-page template will make the project quick and easy, and you can end up with a leg up on your compeition.