Marketing Plans: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Three Arguments to Promote Smarter Email CampaignsIn a post at Marketing Insights, Tom Meriam recounts a nightmare scenario described by one of his prospects: Two weeks into a new job, the CEO demanded that an email ...
Social Media ROI: How to Ensure Your Social Media Efforts Pay OffKieran FlanaganSocial media marketing can either be an extremely worthwhile investment or a massive time sink that brings you no benefit. How can you tell which of those extremes you'll fall ...
Why Marketing Needs Objectives... Not Just GoalsBrett JohnsonMany companies have the same overarching goals: increase sales, decrease costs, and reduce churn. But why don't they all succeed? It all boils down to mindfully setting objectives and implementing ...
Five Internet Trends to Factor Into Your 2012 Business PlanIn a post at the B2B Marketing Insider blog, Michael Brenner reports on the latest prognostications of analyst Mary Meeker. "Mary has been nailing it each year with her analysis ...
Five Rules for Your New Company's PlaybookYou're ready to strike out on your own and start a small business. But before you do, you need to create a detailed playbook. "I think of a business plan ...
Planning Isn't Free: What Marketers Can Learn From HGTVLaura PattersonHGTV shows make those overnight home transformations look so easy. Many marketers approach their marketing plans the same way: a few days and a few dollars, and voila—a new marketing ...
Seven Simple Ways You Can Strengthen Customer RelationshipsStephanie PhillipsA company can successfully build its brand name in many ways, but perhaps the factor most important for its continued success is its relationships with clients. Learn to keep the ...
Web 2.0 Drives Effective Marketing, Market ShareCompanies reporting the heaviest use of Web 2.0 technologies—particularly those deploying them beyond their own corporate walls—are deriving the greatest value, including more-effective marketing, stronger collaboration, and increased market share, ...
Five Ways to Gain Attention the 'Write' WaySameer Suryakant KulkarniWriting is a vital component of various marketing-related tasks. Effective writing can improve sales pitches, enhance brand value, and perfect ad campaigns. Spruce up your marketing with these five tips.
Customer Experience Leadership Survival Guide, Part 2Jeanne BlissTo make customer experience stick as part of your operation, you need to have an organized and phased approach for integrating it into your organization. Here, based on working with ...
Marketing Plans: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Craft a Winning Business Case for Your Marketing InitiativeBroadcast on 4/16/2009 with Pat LaPointeWhat does it take to get a business case approved these days? A thoughtful, comprehensive approach and a more credible financial framework than you’ve likely used before.
- Creating a Customer-Centric, Measurable Marketing PlanBroadcast on 10/16/2008 with Laura PattersonAn effective marketing plan establishes your marketing strategy, defines measurable marketing objectives that support your marketing strategy and the methods you will deploy for achieving these objectives. Where do you start?
- Promotions: Instant Gratification for Small Business MarketersBroadcast on 12/14/2007 with Michael GoodmanThis seminar will focus on those highly-visible short-term activities that are designed to generate sales NOW—not next week or next month, but right away. We'll look at a number of examples of these promotions and begin to understand which are most appropriate (and effective) for different kinds of businesses.
- Tighten Up Your Marketing Plan: The Nuts and Bolts of Market SegmentationBroadcast on 8/2/2007 with Allen WeissDo you really know how to do market segmentation? It's the foundation of a sound marketing plan, and many companies are getting it all wrong. This is our 100th online seminar, and we're celebrating by bringing MarketingProfs founder and CEO Allen Weiss to share all he knows about this important topic. And there's a surprise at the end!
- Ten Cravings of Generation X and Y: Satisfying This Young and Lucrative MarketBroadcast on 7/26/2007 with Lisa JohnsonToday's 18-to-40-year-olds are savvy, sophisticated, and immune to conventional marketing strategies. But the buying habits of this lucrative market can be anticipated—and this seminar will reveal what works. Lisa Johnson, author, consumer expert and CEO of the Reach Group, uses her groundbreaking qualitative research, plus dozens of interviews with maverick thinkers to identify this connected generation’s new rules for engagement.
- Small Business Series: Why Most Small Businesses Fail (and How to Avoid Being One of Them)Broadcast on 5/18/2007 with Michael GoodmanWe’ll deal with everything, including: advertising, taglines, promotion, budgeting, publicity and low-cost market research. We’ll use case studies from small B2B and B2C companies and borrow ideas from larger companies as well.
- Writing a Marketing Plan for Entrepreneurs and Small Business: From Blank Page to PresentationBroadcast on 6/9/2005 with Michael FischlerA marketing plan is the single most important guidepost you’ll have to maximize effectiveness and minimize the risk of marketing. Learn how to get the most out of your marketing plan.
Marketing Plans: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create a Digital Marketing Plan with 8 Key ElementsReleased on 1/28/2011 with Michael MillerThis webcast is your guide to creating an effective plan for your digital marketing and traditional marketing activities.
Marketing Plans: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Benchmark Research: Marketing in the Economic CrisisThese economic times have everyone concerned and asking, "How does this effect marketing?". Well we surveyed our very own members to help give marketers a sense of how others are dealing and adapting to these tough times.
- Marketing Strategy GuideThis Guide explores the three stages of effective marketing, and how you can determine which approaches will give you the greatest bang for your buck.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Avoiding Key PitfallsLet's face it, more small businesses fail than succeed. Make sure yours is one of the winners with this guide to getting your small business off the ground and solidly on the road to success.