Benchmarking: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Digital Advertising Benchmarks: Performance Metrics by FormatAyaz NanjiBigger is indeed sometimes better in digital advertising, according to a recent benchmarks report from PointRoll.
4Q13 Email Trends and BenchmarksAyaz NanjiEmail volume grew in 4Q13, but open and click rates declined, according to a recent report from Yesmail Interactive.
2014 Content Marketing Trends and TacticsAyaz NanjiMost marketers (71%) plan to increase their content marketing budgets in 2014, according to a recent report from Curata.
Email Open Rates and Click Rates Fell in 2Q13Ayaz NanjiEmail open rates decreased 8.3% in 2Q13 from 1Q13 levels, but increased 11.5% over the equivalent period in 2012, resulting in an overall average open rate of 28.5%, according to ...
Holiday Email Campaigns: Global Trends and BenchmarksAyaz NanjiThe most popular types of email sent by marketers during the holiday season (October to December) are "percentage off" and "dollar amount off" offers, yet consumers often do not differentiate ...
Email Volume and Open Rates Up: Benchmark ReportAyaz NanjiEmail volume increased 11.6% in the first quarter of 2013 compared with the first quarter of 2012, and unique open rates increased 9.7%, according to a recent benchmark report by ...
Social Media Lags Search, Email in E-commerce ConversionsAyaz NanjiSocial media is lagging as a traffic source to e-commerce websites and as a driver of online purchases, despite increased brand investment, according to a recent report.
Nonprofit Benchmarks: Email, Social, Audience, Fundraising [Infographic]Vahe HabeshianOnline nonprofit fundraising is on the rise, with explosive growth in sustaining gifts and a larger audience of supporters reached via social networks, according to an analysis of leading US ...
Five Common Errors in Marketing-Performance Evaluation and MeasurementJonathan LewisAlthough the exponential increase in the availability of customer and business data has enhanced our ability to measure success, it has also increased our chances of misunderstanding and misinterpreting it. ...
Driving Direct Sales With Social MediaDavid KleinAlthough social media is a relatively new marketing channel, there is fairly strong consensus that it can help with business growth. What few people realize, though, is that you can ...
Benchmarking: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
Benchmarking: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Using Market Frameworks to Analyze Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/21/2013 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use market frameworks to understand your market and analyze your competition, understand your own strengths, and uncover weaknesses you may not even know you have.
- Ten Best Practices for Performing Competitive TeardownsBroadcast on 7/26/2012 with Sean CampbellYou'll learn the do's and don'ts of acquiring competitors' solutions, methods to perform the teardown effectively and fairly, and how you can use the results to improve your marketing and sales collateral.
- Go Beyond Google: How to Gather Free B2B Competitive IntelligenceBroadcast on 2/4/2010 with Sean Campbell, Scott SwigartDiscovering insights about your B2B competitors requires tools, tips and some of your time. But not necessarily your money.
- Demolish the Roadblocks on Your Website: Clearing a Path for Customer Action, Sales and LoyaltyBroadcast on 1/21/2010 with Gerry McGovernTraditional marketing is about getting attention. Web marketing is about giving attention. Thereís a world of difference between the two.
- The Naked Truth: Insights from Our Social Media Marketing ResearchBroadcast on 1/14/2010 with Tim McAtee, Roy YoungGet the Full Monty on what 5,140 marketers are doing with social media in this look at our newest research results.
- Seven Fast-Acting Methods to Drive B2B Revenue NowBroadcast on 5/14/2009 with John CoeIs your B2B sales force stalled right now? As a marketer, it's up to you to help them overcome economic obstacles in meeting today's revenue goals.
- How to Craft a Winning Business Case for Your Marketing InitiativeBroadcast on 4/16/2009 with Pat LaPointeWhat does it take to get a business case approved these days? A thoughtful, comprehensive approach and a more credible financial framework than youíve likely used before.
- Green to Gold: Why Smart Companies Are Going Green (Even in a Recession)Broadcast on 2/12/2009 with Andrew WinstonWhy are the world's biggest, toughest, most profit-seeking companies talking about the environment? Simply put, because they have to. You should, too.
- Mobile Marketing: How to Harness the Power of the Small ScreenBroadcast on 11/20/2008 with Michael FoschettiMobile is becoming a powerful and personal channel for direct response marketing.† Have you added it to your mix yet?† Learn how!
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, itís become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
Benchmarking: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Benchmark Report: Marketing ROI (Year 3)In this 2007 survey, the third annual on ROI, respondents who use ROI for their marketing efforts expect greater growth and enjoy greater confidence from their senior management than respondents who don't use ROI.
- Marketing Metrics How-To GuideMetrics is the guiding light of your marketing efforts. Without measurements, you're operating in the dark. Make sure you are tracking the right metrics, and get tips on interpreting the data with this comprehensive guide.
- Competitive Analysis TemplateA thorough competitive analysis is a critical component of a solid marketing plan. It is an exercise that will provide you with valuable insights to guide the development of your business strategy. This 20-page template will make the project quick and easy, and you can end up with a leg up on your compeition.