Benchmarking: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Webinar Benchmarks for MarketersAyaz NanjiWhat percentage of webinar registrants actually attend on average? Which days and times are most popular for conducting events? How long do people tend to watch for? Are most webinars ...
Facebook 1Q15 Advertising BenchmarksAyaz NanjiClick-through rates on Facebook ads in 1Q15 increased 17% quarter over quarter and 260% year over year, according to a recent report from Nanigans.
Mobile Email Benchmarks: YOY Click, Purchase, and Design TrendsAyaz NanjiMobile clicks accounted for 40% of all marketing email clicks in the fourth quarter of 2014, a 10% year-over-year increase, according to a recent report from Yesmail.
Conversion Benchmarks for Seven Types of Online FormsAyaz NanjiConversion rates for forms included on Web pages vary widely by the type of form being used, according to recent research by Formstack.
2015 Social Media Benchmarks by IndustryAyaz NanjiBusinesses that post more often to social media do not necessarily generate more engagement per post, according to a recent report from HubSpot.
Twitter Benchmarks for Brand Accounts: 4Q14Ayaz NanjiThe volume of tweets by major brands increased 11%, on average, between 4Q13 and 4Q14, according to a recent report from Simply Measured.
2014 B2B Content Marketing BenchmarksAyaz NanjiNearly two-thirds (63%) of B2B marketers plan to allocate a greater portion of their marketing budgets to content marketing over the next 12 months, according to a recent report from ...
Marketing Ops Is Now a Must-Have: The Six A's of Marketing Performance ManagementLaura PattersonWith the proliferation of marketing automation tools and increased pressure from the C-Suite to prove the value of Marketing, marketing ops management is gaining traction; for all but the smallest ...
Mobile Email Benchmarks by IndustryAyaz NanjiSeveral industries passed the email "mobile tipping point" in 2013, with more than half of all sent marketing emails in the vertical opened by consumers on smartphones or tablets, according ...
Marketing Email Benchmarks: Open Rates, CTRs, Device TrendsAyaz NanjiMarketing email volume fell more than 20% in the first quarter of 2014 compared with the mailing-heavy fourth quarter of 2013, but both average open and unique click rates increased, ...
Benchmarking: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
Benchmarking: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Using Market Frameworks to Analyze Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/21/2013 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use market frameworks to understand your market and analyze your competition, understand your own strengths, and uncover weaknesses you may not even know you have.
- Ten Best Practices for Performing Competitive TeardownsBroadcast on 7/26/2012 with Sean CampbellYou'll learn the do's and don'ts of acquiring competitors' solutions, methods to perform the teardown effectively and fairly, and how you can use the results to improve your marketing and sales collateral.
- Go Beyond Google: How to Gather Free B2B Competitive IntelligenceBroadcast on 2/4/2010 with Sean Campbell, Scott SwigartDiscovering insights about your B2B competitors requires tools, tips and some of your time. But not necessarily your money.
- Demolish the Roadblocks on Your Website: Clearing a Path for Customer Action, Sales and LoyaltyBroadcast on 1/21/2010 with Gerry McGovernTraditional marketing is about getting attention. Web marketing is about giving attention. There’s a world of difference between the two.
- The Naked Truth: Insights from Our Social Media Marketing ResearchBroadcast on 1/14/2010 with Tim McAtee, Roy YoungGet the Full Monty on what 5,140 marketers are doing with social media in this look at our newest research results.
- Seven Fast-Acting Methods to Drive B2B Revenue NowBroadcast on 5/14/2009 with John CoeIs your B2B sales force stalled right now? As a marketer, it's up to you to help them overcome economic obstacles in meeting today's revenue goals.
- How to Craft a Winning Business Case for Your Marketing InitiativeBroadcast on 4/16/2009 with Pat LaPointeWhat does it take to get a business case approved these days? A thoughtful, comprehensive approach and a more credible financial framework than you’ve likely used before.
- Green to Gold: Why Smart Companies Are Going Green (Even in a Recession)Broadcast on 2/12/2009 with Andrew WinstonWhy are the world's biggest, toughest, most profit-seeking companies talking about the environment? Simply put, because they have to. You should, too.
- Mobile Marketing: How to Harness the Power of the Small ScreenBroadcast on 11/20/2008 with Michael FoschettiMobile is becoming a powerful and personal channel for direct response marketing. Have you added it to your mix yet? Learn how!
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, it’s become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
Benchmarking: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Benchmark Report: Marketing ROI (Year 3)In this 2007 survey, the third annual on ROI, respondents who use ROI for their marketing efforts expect greater growth and enjoy greater confidence from their senior management than respondents who don't use ROI.
- Marketing Metrics How-To GuideMetrics is the guiding light of your marketing efforts. Without measurements, you're operating in the dark. Make sure you are tracking the right metrics, and get tips on interpreting the data with this comprehensive guide.
- Competitive Analysis TemplateA thorough competitive analysis is a critical component of a solid marketing plan. It is an exercise that will provide you with valuable insights to guide the development of your business strategy. This 20-page template will make the project quick and easy, and you can end up with a leg up on your compeition.