Lead Generation: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How Marketing Can Contribute to Revenue Generation [Infographic]Glenn GowThese days, many business buyers have already made a decision about what they're going to buy even before talking to a vendor. Sales needs to adapt to be on an ...
Five Steps You Need to Take Before You Spend a Dime on Advertising (Article 1 of 2)Buddy VaughnUsually, advertising doesn't come cheap, but it can be cost-effective—if you do your homework ahead of time and follow some best-practices.
Which B2B Content Types Deliver Great Leads?Ayaz NanjiProduct brochures are the most common content type created by B2B marketers, but whitepapers deliver the highest-quality leads, according to a recent report from the CMO Council and the NetLine ...
Case Studies Have Real Value: Seven Tips for Writing a Success Story That SucceedsSteve HoffmanSuccess stories (case studies) are a crucial part of the marketing process, especially when complex business issues and solutions are involved. These tips will help you write successful success stories.
The Top Online Lead Generation Tactics and MetricsAyaz NanjiMarketing, sales, and business professionals say email is the most effective digital tactic they use to generate leads, according to a recent report from Ascend2.
How to Use Analytics to Prove the Impact of YouTube MarketingMark HansenAre people watching your videos? If so, who is watching? And what are they doing after they watch? Here's how to use YouTube Analytics and Google Analytics to understand the ...
Three SEO Pitfalls That Will Wreck Your WebsiteBrad ShorrMany factors go into on-site optimization, but three items stand out as not only crucial but also frequently shortchanged or completely overlooked. Here's how you can give each its due ...
Five Signs Your Marketing Work Needs Organizing (and What You Can Do About It)Konstantin BredyukHow organized your marketing team is—how information is passed along, how tasks are carried out, how effective the team's communication strategy is—can determine its success or failure.
Engaging on LinkedIn: Five Strategies for Sales and Marketing LeadersKristina JaramilloA LinkedIn marketing or selling strategy is the difference between a B2B sales or marketing team that drives consistent revenue opportunities and one that just has lots of connections it ...
Five Ways to Prove Marketing's Value by Saving Sales CostsAndrew DaviesEager to prove its worth, Marketing is moving down the sales funnel, and some marketers are assuming sales enablement roles. Now's the time to become a cost-saver rather than remaining ...
Lead Generation: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Revenue and the CMO: Author Glenn Gow Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHelping your company to embrace social selling doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing proposition: You can implement a pilot program to demonstrate how social media can have a positive impact on revenue. Glenn Gow shares tips for starting a successful ...
Mastering the Invisible Sale: Tom Martin Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Martin—founder of Converse Digital and author of The Invisible Sale—discusses his secrets for using content and social networking to drive business growth without cold calls, advertising, or pitching.
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
The Tension Between Marketing and Sales Exposed! Silverpop's Ellen Valentine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantEllen Valentine, product evangelist at Silverpop and my guest this week on Marketing Smarts, has an interesting perspective on the perennial tension between Marketing and Sales: Technology is to blame! And it's likely the solution, too...
Educate, Entertain, and Inform: Kipp Bodnar Talks Social Media Strategy on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantHubSpot's Kipp Bodnar discusses why so few B2B companies blog, how to develop a social media strategy, and what roadblocks companies encounter when trying to implement their strategy (if they actually have one!).
Getting Content Strategy Right: Michael Brenner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThe "S" word can be intimidating, but failure to articulate a clear strategy (and goals!) for your content marketing will undermine its effectiveness. Here, Michael Brenner discusses how SAP defines—and implements—its content strategy.
You Are Getting Lead Qualification Wrong: Dan McDade on Marketing Smarts [podcast]by Matthew Grant"Most companies are either under-qualifying or over-qualifying leads," says PointClear's Dan McDade in this episode of the Marketing Smarts podcast. He goes on to explain what he means and offers a three-point solution to the problem.
Lead Generation: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Case Study: Reframe Your Media Strategy to Identify and Engage New AudiencesBroadcast on 7/16/2015 with Alyssa Hall, Emily VidettoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain how GAF Roofing redefined their media and branding strategy to engage a new audience and re-engage their traditional audiences through social, PR, television, video, and more. You'll learn how to tailor your approach to capture the attention of a shifting customer base as well as gain insight on how to update both your messaging and media to increase loyalty and engagement.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Anatomy of a LinkedIn Company PageBroadcast on 5/14/2015 with Viveka von RosenIn this PRO seminar, LinkedIn expert Viveka von Rosen will review member-submitted Company Pages and make suggestions that will have an immediate impact. You'll see examples of companies doing it right and those that could benefit from a bit more TLC when it comes to their Company Pages. We'll also discuss the elements of a well-designed page—from what to include in your Company Description to how to properly add images—and how to use your page to stimulate prospect relationships and drive more business.
- MarketingProfs University: Modern Sales and Marketing AlignmentBroadcast on 4/9/2015 with Mathew SweezeyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss modern strategies and sales tools for aligning your marketing campaigns to support sales goals and show you how to identify sales-ready leads using behavioral scoring. You'll learn specific techniques to predict future lead handoffs, hold sales accountable for passed leads, and put safety nets in place to catch any that fall through the cracks.
- Leverage Email for B2B: Tips for Each Stage of the Sales FunnelBroadcast on 3/26/2015 with Karen TalaveraIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn several approaches to integrating email into the lead nurturing, prospect qualification, and customer progression process at every stage of the sales funnel. We'll explore how content marketing is a key component of the process, and why marketing automation and triggered emails are critical to success.
- How to Turn Trade Show Leads Into Trade Show SalesBroadcast on 9/18/2014 with Jim BerettaIn this PRO seminar, we'll share proven tips and techniques that will help you continue the conversation after the show, extending the life of the event and your marketing budget. You'll learn how to master trade show data that can lead to big results for your company.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Chemistry of the Landing PageBroadcast on 2/27/2014 with Brian MasseyThis PRO seminar will provide actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driving landing pages.
- Put LinkedIn to Work: Five Simple Steps to Generate, Manage, and Close LeadsBroadcast on 1/9/2014 with Viveka von RosenThis PRO seminar will reveal the five simple steps needed to start generating more leads, engaging more effectively with your network, and closing more deals using LinkedIn.
- How to Optimize and Measure Trade Show ROIBroadcast on 11/8/2012 with Skip CoxThis PRO seminar will provide marketers with a proven approach to accurately measuring the results of their events efforts.
- Not Your Father's B2B: Building Business in Today's New World of MarketingBroadcast on 8/2/2012 with B2B Forum SpeakersJoin us for this free sneak peek for MarketingProfs' B2B Forum 2012 and uncover the latest techniques and coolest concepts that work for real companies like yours. Featuring conference speakers Michael Brenner, Veronica Fielding, Nedra Sadorf, and Roberta Rosenberg.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Effectively Generate and Manage LeadsBroadcast on 7/12/2012 with James W. ObermayerThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's B2B Lead Roundup course will show you how to set the stage for success by identifying your targets and basic metrics, establishing qualifying buying stages, generating demand, and converting and continually nurturing leads.
Lead Generation: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Use Content to Engage Customers Throughout the Sales CycleReleased on 7/10/2015 with Michael PeggsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share how to keep your customers in the conversation by creating content that entertains, engages, and educates. You'll learn how to use content to boost brand awareness, drive leads, and increase conversions as prospects move through each stage of the sales cycle—from discovering your brand through the final phase of purchasing.
- Take 10: How to Attract Customers to Your Tradeshow BoothReleased on 5/29/2015 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven key customer attraction strategies to ensure a consistent flow of traffic to your booth. We'll go beyond how to pick the ideal booth location and will provide you with tips on how to train your team to drive attendees in, booth promotions that work, creative differentiation ideas, and more—so you'll leave each event with a list of qualified leads and a positive ROI.
- Take 10: How to Drive New Business With SEOReleased on 11/21/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to shift your SEO strategy from branded to non-branded traffic. We'll share what data you should analyze, and basic improvements you can make to generate new (and more qualified) business opportunities.
- Take 10: How to Become a Trade Show Rock Star—10 Trade Show Pitfalls to AvoidReleased on 9/19/2014 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about 10 trade show pitfalls and how you can avoid them. Eliminating these trade show 'fails' will save you time and money, and help you release your inner trade show rock star.
- Take 10: Set Expectations for Your Outbound Telemarketing ProgramReleased on 2/21/2014 with Jenny VanceIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to estimate your campaign's return on investment before putting it into action. Assessing ROI ahead of time will help you understand what response rate you need and will allow you to put measures in place to reach your campaign goal.
- Take 10: Three Steps to Optimize Your Lead Nurturing ContentReleased on 12/20/2013 with Gretchen ScheimanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three steps for optimizing your lead nurturing content to your target audience, so you can help drive prospects closer to a sale.
- Take 10: Tips for Driving Demand and Lead Generation Through Content SyndicationReleased on 8/16/2013 with Todd BlochIn just 10 minutes, you'll receive valuable, actionable advice and tangible examples for identifying and approaching appropriate outlets to market your new campaign effectively. You'll learn best practices for cultivating media partnerships with a variety of content marketing sources to generate fresh leads, acquire new customers, and ultimately, help scale your campaigns.
- Take 10: What Has Your Lead Generation Partner Done for You Lately?Released on 5/24/2013 with Jenny VanceIn just 10 minutes, we'll review a list of things your lead generation company should be doing for you. Here's a teaser: they should be doing more than just setting appointments.
- Take 10: Things to Consider Before Outsourcing Your Lead Gen EffortsReleased on 2/22/2013 with Jenny VanceIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through a list of considerations that you'll want to have in mind before deciding the best course of action for your company's lead generation process.
- Take 10: Using Email to Nurture Your Leads on a BudgetReleased on 3/16/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to effectively nurture your leads via email without breaking the bank.
Lead Generation: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best PracticesMarketing automation can have a big impact on your sales and marketing efforts. Learn the ins and outs of marketing automation capabilities, how to make the best use of them, and resources for selecting the best system for you with MarketingProfs' Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best Practices guide.
- Mobile Marketing Success StoriesMobile marketing campaigns can be inexpensive, easy to execute, and very profitable. See how 8 B2B and 11 B2C companies are using SMS, mobile websites, mobile ads, Smartphone applications, and Bluetooth marketing to achieve huge results.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.
- Email Marketing Benchmark Report 2008This 150-page Email Benchmark Report 2008 was developed by surveying our very own MarketingProfs members. Find out what the competition is doing so your 2009 email marketing budget makes sense!
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- B2B Sales Lead Generation: Integration of Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 MediaResearch on how Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 can be used in effective Lead Generation campaigns
- Lead Generation How-To GuideLearn how you can generate leads, qualify and track them through the sales cycle!
- Lead Generation How-To GuideGreat product, great sales team, great marketing collateral - now what? People to sell to, of course. Put your lead generation tactics under the microscope with this enlightening how-to guide. Get more and better qualified leads, faster today.
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.
- Paid Search Advertising TemplateIf you're a little intimidated by the prospect of Paid Search Advertising, seriously, join the crowd. Here it is though -- a guiding light through the complex waters of Paid Search Advertising. We assembled a 30-page template to make learning and implementing a successful paid search advertising campaign for your firm as easy as possible.