Content Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Seven Common Blogging Mistakes to Avoid [Infographic]Verónica JarskiWhether you're an experienced blogger or a newbie, you may have fallen into one (or some or all) of the following blogging traps.
Seven Tips for Improving Your Content Marketing With Scannable Web ContentBrian Sutter, Kim KellerBad news: People don't read your online content marketing these days; they merely scan most Web content. But with these tips you can write scannable, easy-to-understand text that will boost ...
The Write Stuff: Is High-Quality Content More Effective?Ayaz NanjiIs well-written content more effective than poorly written content? Does it make consumers more likely to like brands, click on offers, and purchase products/services?
21 Video Marketing Ideas for Small-Business Budgets [Infographic]Barry FeldmanMaking captivating and effective marketing videos doesn't cost as much as you think. The following tips can help you get started.
Four Tools for Endless Content IdeasRebecca HaynesA major pain point for marketers: generating quality content on a consistent basis. If you can't maintain velocity with your content creation, you can kiss goodbye to goals such as ...
Content Preferences of Millennial B2B BuyersAyaz NanjiHow involved are Millennials in B2B purchasing decisions? What are the content preferences of these buyers?
Blog Benchmarks for BrandsAyaz NanjiWhat's the average length of a brand blog post? How many shares do blog pieces tend get on social media? Do post length and engagement differ between B2B and B2C ...
How to Create Content 10X Better Than Your Competitors' [Infographic]Verónica JarskiIn today's hectic business environment, your competitors may be more focused on creating content rather than creating valuable, shareable content. These tips can help you produce awesome content that blows ...
The State of B2B Content PersonalizationAyaz NanjiMost B2B marketers are tailoring content to specific audiences to some degree, but much of that personalization is done manually, according to recent research from Seismic and Demand Metric.
How Hospitals Are Approaching Content MarketingAyaz NanjiNearly two-thirds (73%) of hospitals in the United States are already engaging in content marketing, and an additional 19% plan to start this year, according to recent research from True ...
Content Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Lessons From 2015 Bright Bulb Award Winners: Ritz-Carlton, BESLER Consulting, and Tripwire [VIDEO]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneThe MarketingProfs 2015 Bright Bulb Awards recognize brilliance, excellence, and innovation in B2B marketing. This special video edition of the Marketing Smarts podcast featuresGretchen Newby of The Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center, Cindy Valladares of Tripwire, and Michael Passanante of BESLER Consulting.
Own Your Content Marketing: Owner Media CEO Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Video]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris discusses his forthcoming book, Insider: Strategies and Secrets for Business Growth in the Age of Distractions. He also shares his incredibly successful approach to email and how he has used content marketing.
How to Reach 100% of Your Audience: CEO Amanda Holmes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAmanda Holmes became CEO of Chet Holmes International when she was 24, and she has proven an incredibly effective millennial CEO. Amanda shares her approach to sales, leadership, and more.
Sharing: You're Doing It Wrong. 'Shareology' Author Bryan Kramer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSocial business strategist and bestselling author Bryan Kramer discusses the science and the art of sharing, and how to use it to make your content more valuable (and shareable),
Books, the Ultimate Content Marketing: Wiley's David Palmer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDavid Palmer, marketing director at Wiley, oversees Dummies B2B and the For Dummies, Business, and Education product lines. He explains how B2B marketers can use books and other content to make themselves indispensable to their audience.
Marketing, PR, Social, Advertising Are All Intertwined: Geoff Livingston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, strategist, and MarketingProfs Marketing Writing Bootcamp instructor Geoff Livingston discusses marketing strategy, customer experience, content, PR, and more.
Mastering the Content Code: Mark Schaefer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, speaker, and educator Mark Schaefer discusses his latest book, The Content Code, and shares secrets for igniting your content so you can break through the deafening noise and achieve marketing success.
Marketing That Surprises: A Special Guest Host Takes Over Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn line with the theme of this episode—marketing that surprises—as well as the day it airs (April Fools' Day), a surprise host takes over Marketing Smarts to discuss campaigns that surprise and (sometimes) delight!
The Art of Social Media: Viral Virtuoso Guy Kawasaki on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGuy Kawasaki, chief evangelist at Canva and author of 13 books, shares tips on content marketing and social media, and discusses how to spot a winning startup.
Use Data, Experiences to Create Lifetime Customers: Sitecore's Lars Petersen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLars Birkholm Petersen, author and global director of business optimization services at Sitecore, explains how brands can use data to create connected customer experiences across channels. He shares insights from the book Connect: How to Use Data and Experience Marketing ...
Content Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- From Storytelling to Story-Selling: How to Tell Customer-Centric StoriesBroadcast on 4/28/2016 with Bobby LehewIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore multiple methods for creating a compelling narrative—including the Monomytch method and the Narrative Wheel, an ancient technique developed by Native American storytellers. We'll cover Kurt Vonnegut's story shapes, and you'll learn how to brush off those stale mission and vision statements. You'll also learn how to rewind myths, retell history, and foretell the future by crafting customer-centric stories that cut through the noise and allow customers to speak for themselves.
- SEO + Content = The Perfect Recipe for Inbound SuccessBroadcast on 4/26/2016 with Karrie SundbomJoin us for this free seminar to discover how and where content marketers play a role in SEO. You'll learn three simple steps to optimize your content for search engines so you can attract new customers with ease. Sponsored by Act-On Software
- How to Optimize Your Website for a Global AudienceBroadcast on 4/5/2016 with Jeffrey ConstantinJoin us for this free seminar where you'll discover best practices and practical tips for globalizing your website so it speaks to a local audience on any channel or device. Sponsored by SDL
- Using Emotional Connections to Turn Content Into CustomersBroadcast on 3/29/2016 with Jordan KoeneJoin us for this free seminar to learn the steps you need to take to ensure your content is creating an emotional connection with your buyers, so you can win their attention (and dollars). Sponsored by Searchmetrics, Inc.
- How to Choose the Right Content Marketing SystemBroadcast on 3/3/2016 with Samantha StoneIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how to determine when it's time to invest in new technology and how to choose the best fit. We'll walk through the seven categories of content marketing tools and show you how to select the software with features to best meet your needs.
- Content, Conversions, and Lead GenerationBroadcast on 2/4/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll analyze the birth of a lead, and deconstruct each page in the process, along with each stage in the funnel. We'll cover how content impacts the conversion funnel, from high-ranking blog posts to thank you pages. Plus, you'll learn which topics and types of content attract and engage visitors.
- MarketingProfs University: The Secret's in the SauceBroadcast on 12/17/2015 with Ann HandleyIn this PRO seminar, we'll deliver the keys to creating better content. With equal doses of humor, inspiration, and how-to, Ann Handley will share the secret ingredient to making your content stand out in a way that's uniquely yours.
- Discover and Tell Your Business StoryBroadcast on 10/15/2015 with Ron PloofIn this PRO seminar, business storyteller Ron Ploof will explain how to discover and tell your business story. He'll share how to transform messages into compelling narratives that persuade audiences to take action, whether it's buying your product, adopting a new concept, or changing their behavior.
- Creating Trustworthy ContentBroadcast on 10/1/2015 with Gerry McGovernIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create an online customer experience that's based on trust. You'll walk away knowing how to create trustworthy content and armed with a solid understanding of guidelines for creating no-fluff content that your customers will use and believe in.
- How to Use Video to Ensure a Great Buying ExperienceBroadcast on 9/10/2015 with Rocky WallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use video to engage prospects through each step of the sales and marketing funnel (and in turn, allow you to better qualify leads and pass them to your sales team with more confidence). We'll share how to ensure your videos are contributing directly to your business objectives and provide you with practical tips on how to create an effective video production plan that you can put into action immediately.
Content Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Nine Things to Remove From Your WebsiteReleased on 3/11/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn just 10 minutes, we'll ask the tough questions about your website content including: do you really want people to click that? And does it even work as website content? From press releases and email links, to PDFs and cat videos, we'll show you nine things to remove from your website so you'll want to run (not walk) to your content management system for immediate changes.
- Take 10: Create Your Content Strategy in Eight StepsReleased on 2/19/2016 with Jennifer SmoldtIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a killer content marketing plan. We'll discuss why it's so important to have a well-documented strategy in place, as well as how to identify your distinct differentiators and create a unique story that will appeal to your target audience.
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: 10 Tips for Creating Quality Video on Your SmartphoneReleased on 12/18/2015 with Rocky WallsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share simple, straight-to-the-point tips for creating high-quality video using your smartphone. From shooting, to sharing, to editing, you'll leave with actionable tactics you can put to use right away.
- Take 10: Repurpose Content for Your BlogReleased on 11/13/2015 with Allie Gray FreelandIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to save time and resources by maximizing the lifetime value of your pre-existing content. We'll walk you through how to repurpose content for your blog, so you can breathe new life into press releases, sales decks, customer service transcripts, social content, and more.
- Take 10: Your Guide to Quick and Easy Social Media ImagesReleased on 11/6/2015 with Cynthia SanchezIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how easy and inexpensive it can be to make images that will help your social media stand out and get the right kind of attention. We'll shed light onto the tools available to you and share tips to help you get started right away.
- Take 10: How to Use Content to Engage Customers Throughout the Sales CycleReleased on 7/10/2015 with Michael PeggsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share how to keep your customers in the conversation by creating content that entertains, engages, and educates. You'll learn how to use content to boost brand awareness, drive leads, and increase conversions as prospects move through each stage of the sales cycle—from discovering your brand through the final phase of purchasing.
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
- Take 10: How to Beat the Weekly Deadline Blues (and Get Ahead!)Released on 5/1/2015 with Roger C. ParkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to map out your editorial calendar for the year with 12 easy, monthly decisions instead of 52 weekly decisions. With the innovative ideas and tips covered in this Take 10, you'll be able to effortlessly manage your daily and weekly marketing activities.
- Take 10: How to Create a YouTube Content Library With Google Hangouts On AirReleased on 4/17/2015 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the basic framework to build a content library of video with Google Hangouts On Air. This free and easy tool syncs up with your branded YouTube channel so you can build a content library with the support of experts, vendors, customers, and more. You'll also learn how to turn these videos into additional pieces of content to connect your brand with your target audience. And bonus—it'll help boost your SEO, too!
Content Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- The Marketer's Guide to Social Media ContentIn this 43-page guide, you'll learn how to, plan, develop, and optimize social content that captures and engages the attention of your audience.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.