Content Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How Brands and SMBs Are Using Video Marketing [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiSome 84% of professional marketers and 55% of SMB owners say they have developed or outsourced the creation of at least one video for marketing purposes in the previous 12 ...
The Selfie Strategy: Build Brand Loyalty Like a KardashianJeff SorianoBy collecting, curating and featuring user generated content (UGC)—such as selfies—brands can build authentic relationships with audiences and inspire genuine customer advocacy.
Five Local SEO Tips for Small Business OwnersAleh BarysevichLocal SEO is every small business's key to better search engine rankings and higher conversion rates. SEO is a complicated industry, but these five tips will help you win customers ...
Beginner's Guide to Creating Fleshed-Out Buyer Personas for B2B Inbound MarketingCarly SchoonhovenMarketing to the wrong people doesn't help you. Knowing what motivates purchase decisions is essential to building a successful inbound program. So how do you figure out what motivates purchase ...
Content Marketing Staffing Trends for 2016Ayaz NanjiSome 43% of companies say they plan to increase the number of staff working on content marketing this year, according to recent research from Curata.
Tap Into Free, Cheap, and Easy Visual Marketing Tools [Infographic]Barry FeldmanTools for creating visual content don't need to cost a king's ransom. In fact, they need not cost anything at all.
B2B vs. B2C Content Marketing: Stuff You Need to KnowAbhishek TalrejaContent marketing is one of the most effective strategies for today's marketers. But the mindset, objectives, and intentions of B2B audiences are different from those of B2C audiences. Content for ...
How to Elicit and Use Employee Stories in Your Content MarketingRyan Michael McDonaldThere's no shortage of content about the power of stories and storytelling in digital marketing. But how do you tell stories beyond your "brand story," especially if you work for ...
The Most Popular Types of SMB Marketing VideosAyaz NanjiSome 85% of small and medium-sized businesses are now using video or intend to use video in the near future as part of their marketing efforts, according to a recent ...
Marketing Video: When Inbound Marketing by Itself Isn't EnoughMatthew DiblingSure, inbound marketing is great at generating top-of-funnel leads. But then what?
Content Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
For Marketing Success, the Rx Is UX: Tracy Rosecrans of Healthline on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTracy Rosecrans, SVP of marketing and product for Healthline media, explains how she used content, UX, and SEO to transform Healthline.com into the fastest-growing health information site in the US, with more than 40 million monthly unique views.
How to Scale Your Lead Nurturing With Content Curation: Alicianne Rand of NewsCred on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNewsCred VP of Marketing Alicianne Rand discusses lead nurturing, content strategy, curation, and licensing.
Lessons From 2015 Bright Bulb Award Winners: Ritz-Carlton, BESLER Consulting, and Tripwire [VIDEO]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneThe MarketingProfs 2015 Bright Bulb Awards recognize brilliance, excellence, and innovation in B2B marketing. This special video edition of the Marketing Smarts podcast featuresGretchen Newby of The Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center, Cindy Valladares of Tripwire, and Michael Passanante of BESLER Consulting.
Own Your Content Marketing: Owner Media CEO Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Video]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris discusses his forthcoming book, Insider: Strategies and Secrets for Business Growth in the Age of Distractions. He also shares his incredibly successful approach to email and how he has used content marketing.
How to Reach 100% of Your Audience: CEO Amanda Holmes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAmanda Holmes became CEO of Chet Holmes International when she was 24, and she has proven an incredibly effective millennial CEO. Amanda shares her approach to sales, leadership, and more.
Sharing: You're Doing It Wrong. 'Shareology' Author Bryan Kramer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSocial business strategist and bestselling author Bryan Kramer discusses the science and the art of sharing, and how to use it to make your content more valuable (and shareable),
Books, the Ultimate Content Marketing: Wiley's David Palmer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDavid Palmer, marketing director at Wiley, oversees Dummies B2B and the For Dummies, Business, and Education product lines. He explains how B2B marketers can use books and other content to make themselves indispensable to their audience.
Marketing, PR, Social, Advertising Are All Intertwined: Geoff Livingston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, strategist, and MarketingProfs Marketing Writing Bootcamp instructor Geoff Livingston discusses marketing strategy, customer experience, content, PR, and more.
Mastering the Content Code: Mark Schaefer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, speaker, and educator Mark Schaefer discusses his latest book, The Content Code, and shares secrets for igniting your content so you can break through the deafening noise and achieve marketing success.
Marketing That Surprises: A Special Guest Host Takes Over Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn line with the theme of this episode—marketing that surprises—as well as the day it airs (April Fools' Day), a surprise host takes over Marketing Smarts to discuss campaigns that surprise and (sometimes) delight!
Content Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Get Scrappy: Smarter Digital Marketing for Businesses Big and SmallBroadcast on 6/23/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, you'll discover how getting 'scrappy' can help you put brains before budget and simplify your marketing in today's complex world. We'll share a range of strategic frameworks as well as tactical tips that will provide you with a reliable system for rethinking marketing as marketing re-thinks itself.
- Unthinkable: How the World's Most Creative Marketers Do What Others Don't DareBroadcast on 5/19/2016 with Jay AcunzoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore how some of the world's most creative marketers earn attention. We'll share why we need to step back from our obsession with best practices, and what to do instead. You'll leave with ideas inspired by case studies on how do the unthinkable and create better content marketing that actually stands out.
- 53 Content Marketing Hacks to Double Your Engagement RatesBroadcast on 5/5/2016 with Matt HeinzIn this PRO seminar, we'll cut through the clutter and share dozens of tactical, proven best practices that will help you accelerate the production and results of your content marketing efforts. We'll show you how to create a scalable system that can be customized to your content marketing and business objectives. You'll leave with 50+ tools, tips, and hacks to increase your content marketing success.
- From Storytelling to Story-Selling: How to Tell Customer-Centric StoriesBroadcast on 4/28/2016 with Bobby LehewIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore multiple methods for creating a compelling narrative—including the Monomytch method and the Narrative Wheel, an ancient technique developed by Native American storytellers. We'll cover Kurt Vonnegut's story shapes, and you'll learn how to brush off those stale mission and vision statements. You'll also learn how to rewind myths, retell history, and foretell the future by crafting customer-centric stories that cut through the noise and allow customers to speak for themselves.
- SEO + Content = The Perfect Recipe for Inbound SuccessBroadcast on 4/26/2016 with Karrie SundbomJoin us for this free seminar to discover how and where content marketers play a role in SEO. You'll learn three simple steps to optimize your content for search engines so you can attract new customers with ease. Sponsored by Act-On Software
- How to Optimize Your Website for a Global AudienceBroadcast on 4/5/2016 with Jeffrey ConstantinJoin us for this free seminar where you'll discover best practices and practical tips for globalizing your website so it speaks to a local audience on any channel or device. Sponsored by SDL
- How to Choose the Right Content Marketing SystemBroadcast on 3/3/2016 with Samantha StoneIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how to determine when it's time to invest in new technology and how to choose the best fit. We'll walk through the seven categories of content marketing tools and show you how to select the software with features to best meet your needs.
- Content, Conversions, and Lead GenerationBroadcast on 2/4/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll analyze the birth of a lead, and deconstruct each page in the process, along with each stage in the funnel. We'll cover how content impacts the conversion funnel, from high-ranking blog posts to thank you pages. Plus, you'll learn which topics and types of content attract and engage visitors.
- MarketingProfs University: The Secret's in the SauceBroadcast on 12/17/2015 with Ann HandleyIn this PRO seminar, we'll deliver the keys to creating better content. With equal doses of humor, inspiration, and how-to, Ann Handley will share the secret ingredient to making your content stand out in a way that's uniquely yours.
- Discover and Tell Your Business StoryBroadcast on 10/15/2015 with Ron PloofIn this PRO seminar, business storyteller Ron Ploof will explain how to discover and tell your business story. He'll share how to transform messages into compelling narratives that persuade audiences to take action, whether it's buying your product, adopting a new concept, or changing their behavior.
Content Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Nine Things to Remove From Your WebsiteReleased on 3/11/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn just 10 minutes, we'll ask the tough questions about your website content including: do you really want people to click that? And does it even work as website content? From press releases and email links, to PDFs and cat videos, we'll show you nine things to remove from your website so you'll want to run (not walk) to your content management system for immediate changes.
- Take 10: Create Your Content Strategy in Eight StepsReleased on 2/19/2016 with Jennifer SmoldtIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a killer content marketing plan. We'll discuss why it's so important to have a well-documented strategy in place, as well as how to identify your distinct differentiators and create a unique story that will appeal to your target audience.
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: 10 Tips for Creating Quality Video on Your SmartphoneReleased on 12/18/2015 with Rocky WallsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share simple, straight-to-the-point tips for creating high-quality video using your smartphone. From shooting, to sharing, to editing, you'll leave with actionable tactics you can put to use right away.
- Take 10: Repurpose Content for Your BlogReleased on 11/13/2015 with Allie Gray FreelandIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to save time and resources by maximizing the lifetime value of your pre-existing content. We'll walk you through how to repurpose content for your blog, so you can breathe new life into press releases, sales decks, customer service transcripts, social content, and more.
- Take 10: Your Guide to Quick and Easy Social Media ImagesReleased on 11/6/2015 with Cynthia SanchezIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how easy and inexpensive it can be to make images that will help your social media stand out and get the right kind of attention. We'll shed light onto the tools available to you and share tips to help you get started right away.
- Take 10: How to Use Content to Engage Customers Throughout the Sales CycleReleased on 7/10/2015 with Michael PeggsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share how to keep your customers in the conversation by creating content that entertains, engages, and educates. You'll learn how to use content to boost brand awareness, drive leads, and increase conversions as prospects move through each stage of the sales cycle—from discovering your brand through the final phase of purchasing.
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
- Take 10: How to Beat the Weekly Deadline Blues (and Get Ahead!)Released on 5/1/2015 with Roger C. ParkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to map out your editorial calendar for the year with 12 easy, monthly decisions instead of 52 weekly decisions. With the innovative ideas and tips covered in this Take 10, you'll be able to effortlessly manage your daily and weekly marketing activities.
- Take 10: How to Create a YouTube Content Library With Google Hangouts On AirReleased on 4/17/2015 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the basic framework to build a content library of video with Google Hangouts On Air. This free and easy tool syncs up with your branded YouTube channel so you can build a content library with the support of experts, vendors, customers, and more. You'll also learn how to turn these videos into additional pieces of content to connect your brand with your target audience. And bonus—it'll help boost your SEO, too!
Content Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- The Marketer's Guide to Social Media ContentIn this 43-page guide, you'll learn how to, plan, develop, and optimize social content that captures and engages the attention of your audience.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.