Content Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Four Tips for Cooking Up and Serving Consumable ContentJulie WingerterAs a marketer, you know that for your content to provide value, it must be (like food) consumed and digested. Straight from the marketer's cookbook, here are four tips for ...
2015 Will Be the Year of Video MarketingTyler LessardFacts tell, but stories sell. And there is no better medium than video for storytelling. Here's what to expect from video marketing in 2015.
Flip Your Media Plan: From Old-School Marketing to Digital in Three StepsSusan SolomonChanges are coming, actually more quickly than they have in decades. Even for old-school industries, it's time to make important shifts in strategy—to rethink marketing and flip our media plans ...
How to Use Internet Memes to Market Your Content, Your Products, and Your BrandElizabeth VictorInternet memes—images overlaid with text—are a popular way for brands to reach audiences. As followers and fans share the images, your products, logo, and brand spread to people you wouldn't ...
Three Surprising Ways You Can Use PPC to Enhance Your Content MarketingAdam LundquistThough pay-per-click (PPC) advertising and content marketing appear to be marketing islands unto themselves, many smart marketers use PPC to enhance their content marketing efforts.
29 Must-Read Content Marketing Articles of 2014Larry KimAs you prepare your content marketing strategy for the coming year (and you are preparing one, right?), keep these awesome expert tips and nuggets of valuable advice in mind.
Three Ways to Customize Content Across Social Channels for Greater ResponseKeith QuesenberryConsistency is important in integrated marketing, but that doesn't mean pushing the same content to every social media channel. Here are three examples of how to adjust content for multiple ...
#SocialSkim: Tumblr Buys In on 'Buy Now,' Twitter's 'Offers' Takes on Discounts, Thanksgiving Vines Galore, and More!Angela NatividadGet the week’s scoop on new Tumblr CTAs, discounts via Twitter Offers, Thanksgiving Vines, and Hemingway in 15 seconds. Skim for your second tryptophan high (or is it low?)!
Content Marketing: The Leftover TrickTim MatthewsIt struck me this Thanksgiving that marketers could take a lesson from turkey gumbo—what I call the "leftover trick" for content marketing. Here are five simple ideas to get you ...
Nine Ways to Sharpen Your Online Customer Research (Part 1 of 2)Will BluntAt the core of any marketing campaign are the customers—those who sign up to your email list and purchase your products or services. You need to know more about what ...
Content Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Omnichannel Marketing for Brands: Mark Schaefer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, speaker, and author Mark W. Schaefer discusses omnichannel marketing for brands, content shock, Big Data, and more.
The New Rules of Sales and Service: David Meerman Scott Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author, speaker, and marketing expert David Meerman Scott discusses the radical change underway in sales and customer service, and shares tips for how businesses can succeed under these new rules.
Everybody Writes... Especially Marketers! Ann Handley Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketingProfs Chief Content Officer Ann Handley shares insights from her book, Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content.
Choosing the Right Marketing Software: Rebecca Lieb Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAltimeter Group analyst and digital marketing expert Rebecca Lieb shares insights from a recent report on marketing software vendors, and offers tips for choosing a solution that supports your company's content strategy.
Social Media Engagement: Kim Garst and Nathan Latka, at Social Fresh, Talk to Marketing Smarts[Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketingProfs' Kerry O'Shea Gorgone interviews Kim Garst of Boom Social and Nathan Latka of Heyo onsite at the Social Fresh East conference in Orlando, Florida.
The Digital Crown: Author Ahava Leibtag Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneContent strategy expert and author Ahava Leibtag shares practical tips for helping your organization develop a content marketing strategy.
The Digital Marketer: Larry Weber and Lisa Henderson Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFrom native advertising and content strategy to how the C-Suite has evolved, Larry Weber and Lisa Henderson discuss what marketers need to know to stay relevant in their industry.
MOOCs for Marketing: Matt Grant Returns to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFormer Marketing Smarts host Matthew T. Grant returns to talk with Kerry O'Shea Gorgone about developing online courses as a form of content marketing for your business.
Your Brand, The Next Media Company: Michael Brito Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Brito discusses why companies need to become publishers, and how they can transform their organizations to embrace this change.
Simplicity, Purpose & Innovation: CMO Margaret Molloy Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSiegel+Gale CMO Margaret Molloy shares tips for creating a culture of innovation, creating effective B2B content marketing, measuring impact, and hiring the best marketers for your team.
Content Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Create Visual Content That Gets Shared and Drives TrafficBroadcast on 11/6/2014 with Donna MoritzIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the principles of using visual content and how it can contribute to your overall marketing mix. We'll discuss the key elements to creating visual content that drives traffic, and provide you with tactical tips on how to achieve maximum impact in minimum time.
- MarketingProfs University: Capitalize on the Content Marketing ObsessionBroadcast on 10/2/2014 with Ginger ConlonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the core elements of a lucrative content strategy so you can successfully capitalize on the current content marketing obsession.
- Relevance is the Key to a Competitive Content StrategyBroadcast on 9/25/2014 with Ardath AlbeeIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain what it takes to achieve the level of relevance needed in this real-time environment to turn prospects into buyers. We'll discuss why relevance requires marketers to look beyond the one-off campaign approach to a more continuum approach that builds a story. You'll leave with several key skills that will help you improve the effectiveness of your content marketing efforts.
- How to Create Amazing Blog Content That Gets Seen and SharedBroadcast on 8/21/2014 with Mack CollierIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to take your blog from an afterthought to one of your most powerful customer acquisition tools. You'll learn how to maximize your business blogging efforts, write more compelling content, and organize posts that your customers will read, act on, and share. Plus, you'll learn how to create attention-grabbing headlines that are optimized for social sharing and will improve your search engine ranking.
- The Convergence Imperative: How Social, Content, and PR Combine for Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 8/7/2014 with Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll gain a deep understanding of how success in search requires the combination of 'holy smokes' content, strong social media, and brilliant PR. You'll learn how to apply this effective combination to your online and offline marketing efforts.
- MarketingProfs University: Talk Savvy—Smart Communication for a Social WorldBroadcast on 6/12/2014 with Amber NaslundIn this PRO seminar, you'll get an insider's look at what's changed, find out what truly great online communication looks and feels like, and learn how to ensure you're "talk savvy" in today's constantly shifting social web.
- Using Buyer Personas to Make an Impact on Your Marketing ROIBroadcast on 5/15/2014 with Adele RevellaIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover a practical plan to ensure that your buyer personas have a direct, measurable impact on marketing ROI.
- How to Develop Effective Content for Each Stage of the Buying JourneyBroadcast on 3/13/2014 with Shelly KramerThis PRO seminar will provide you with a solid understanding of how to develop the kind of content you need to propel your buyers along a path to purchase. You'll also learn how you can create content to retain these customers for a long time to come.
- Content Marketing Trends to Kick-Start Your Communications PlanBroadcast on 1/16/2014 with Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to give your communications plan a kick-start. Join us to draw inspiration from the best approaches and tactics in content marketing today.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Make Your Content the Belle of the Marketing BallBroadcast on 12/5/2013 with Andy FordThis PRO seminar and live kickoff class for MarketingProfs University's Content Marketing Crash Course will focus on current tools and best practices that will help you drive great content to your target audience.
Content Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Guide Customers Through Your ContentReleased on 12/5/2014 with Melissa BrekerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss the various stages of the customer journey and five considerations to help improve your conversion rate. You'll walk away with a framework to assess your current content and determine where there are opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Take 10: How to Interpret Data to Create Great ContentReleased on 9/26/2014 with Hana AbazaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn what data can drive key areas of your content marketing strategy, including content ideation and content distribution. You'll walk away with a clear understanding of how to interpret your data, and how to turn that insight into great content.
- Take 10: How to Map Your Skills to Boost Your Content Project SuccessReleased on 6/27/2014 with Melissa BrekerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which skills and character traits you can map to your content projects to boost effectiveness. You'll walk away with tools, tips, and tricks to use in your content projects, as well as understanding which pitfalls to avoid.
- Take 10: Stop Wasting Your PowerPoints! How to Squeeze All the Good Stuff OutReleased on 5/16/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to extend the reach of your PowerPoint presentation through various social tools, resulting in more views and greater interest in your brand or service. You'll be able to put the content you've already created to work right away with these easy, yet effective, tips.
- Take 10: How to Create Simple and Effective Video Presentations on a BudgetReleased on 5/2/2014 with Neil WalkerIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to create highly engaging screen presentation videos that are easy, inexpensive, and don't require you to be in front of the camera.
- Take 10: How to Ensure Your Target Audience Views Your ContentReleased on 3/7/2014 with Ran GishriIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the most effective means for content distribution and viewing, allowing you to enjoy higher returns on your content creation spend.
- Take 10: How to Create a Killer Content PlanReleased on 11/9/2012 with Alan BelniakIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn an effective and manageable approach to implementing an awesome content marketing plan.
- Take 10: Ten Tips to Make Writing More FunReleased on 11/2/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to combat writer's block and enjoy writing great content!
- Take 10: Five Ways to Streamline Your Content Approval ProcessReleased on 6/29/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to make your content approval process less painful and more effective. We're going to guide you through the content creation and approval process so that you can focus on more important things, like your bottom line.
- Take 10: A Recipe for Success—7 Content Marketing Tips from The Best Chefs in the BizReleased on 5/11/2012 with Verónica Maria JarskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven easily digestible and tactical tips taken from some of the top chefs in the biz. Paired with your handy Take 10 checklist, these tips will allow you to tackle your content marketing challenges with no reservations.
Content Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.