Content Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: LinkedIn's Social App Elevate, Plus 9 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadGet the latest on a spankin' new LinkedIn app, Elevate, which helps you plan social content. Also: Hillary's hyper-social presidential bid, Twitter's fancy new homepage, and a potential new Vine ...
The Easy Way to Go Global With Inbound MarketingFrançoise HendersonMany companies are using inbound marketing in their home markets. The good news is that globalizing your inbound marketing is more a matter of localizing existing content than creating it ...
What B2B Buyers Value Most on Vendor WebsitesAyaz NanjiB2B buyers say thorough contact information is the content element that best establishes credibility on a vendor website, according to a recent report from KoMarketing and Huff Industrial Marketing.
How to Use Quizzes for Lead GenerationJosh HaynamGenerating leads is a huge part of our job as marketers. And even though content marketing has become vital for capturing leads, creating content that actually converts is a constant ...
How Marketers Brainstorm and Use Content IdeasAyaz NanjiHalf of all marketers say they do not have enough ideas to be successful in their content marketing efforts, according to a recent report from Kapost.
Three Deceptively Simple (but Powerful) Tips for Writing Persuasive Landing Page CopyAmanda DureposWriting landing page copy that converts like crazy isn't as simple as running through a checklist of best-practices. But it is as simple as following these three super-powerful pointers.
Overcome B2B 'Content Marketing Crash' in Four MovesLisa CalhounContent marketing crash—it's that inevitable decline in engagement and conversion after you've gained huge ground. Even the best B2B content marketers can get mired in these muddy battlefields.
Seven Reasons Millennials Don't Care About Your Content [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiIs your content resonating with Millennials? It might not be if you're doing these seven things.
#SocialSkim: Who Did What for April Fools' Day, Plus 9 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadSee who did what for April Fools' day. Score the scoop on how Jay-Z's new TIDAL project stormed socnets, what was going on with that Groupon banana holder, where you ...
Curating Content: A Few Principles and Tools to Guide Your EffortsGreg ShueyWhen you begin any content marketing initiative, you quickly realize how difficult it is to churn out incredibly good content regularly. How do you solve that conundrum? The solution is ...
Content Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Mastering the Content Code: Mark Schaefer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, speaker, and educator Mark Schaefer discusses his latest book, The Content Code, and shares secrets for igniting your content so you can break through the deafening noise and achieve marketing success.
Marketing That Surprises: A Special Guest Host Takes Over Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn line with the theme of this episode—marketing that surprises—as well as the day it airs (April Fools' Day), a surprise host takes over Marketing Smarts to discuss campaigns that surprise and (sometimes) delight!
The Art of Social Media: Viral Virtuoso Guy Kawasaki on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGuy Kawasaki, chief evangelist at Canva and author of 13 books, shares tips on content marketing and social media, and discusses how to spot a winning startup.
Use Data, Experiences to Create Lifetime Customers: Sitecore's Lars Petersen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLars Birkholm Petersen, author and global director of business optimization services at Sitecore, explains how brands can use data to create connected customer experiences across channels. He shares insights from the book Connect: How to Use Data and Experience Marketing ...
Rock 'n' Roll 'n' Social Media: Jason Miller of LinkedIn Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJason Miller of LinkedIn offers tips for content marketing and the effective use of LinkedIn, and shares insights from his new book, Welcome to the Funnel: Proven Tactics to Turn Your Content and Social Media Up to 11.
Omnichannel Marketing for Brands: Mark Schaefer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, speaker, and author Mark W. Schaefer discusses omnichannel marketing for brands, content shock, Big Data, and more.
The New Rules of Sales and Service: David Meerman Scott Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author, speaker, and marketing expert David Meerman Scott discusses the radical change underway in sales and customer service, and shares tips for how businesses can succeed under these new rules.
Everybody Writes... Especially Marketers! Ann Handley Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketingProfs Chief Content Officer Ann Handley shares insights from her book, Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content.
Choosing the Right Marketing Software: Rebecca Lieb Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAltimeter Group analyst and digital marketing expert Rebecca Lieb shares insights from a recent report on marketing software vendors, and offers tips for choosing a solution that supports your company's content strategy.
Social Media Engagement: Kim Garst and Nathan Latka, at Social Fresh, Talk to Marketing Smarts[Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketingProfs' Kerry O'Shea Gorgone interviews Kim Garst of Boom Social and Nathan Latka of Heyo onsite at the Social Fresh East conference in Orlando, Florida.
Content Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Hooked: How to Create Addictive Content for Your BrandBroadcast on 4/16/2015 with Andrew DavisIn this PRO seminar, Andrew Davis will discuss six simple secrets to create a hook—a twist on a familiar theme designed to catch and keep your audience's attention. He'll share personal lessons learned that you can apply to your content strategy and teach you the A-to-Zs to building your list, driving new revenue, and solidifying a true relationship with an ever-growing fanbase.
- Content Marketing at ScaleBroadcast on 4/7/2015 with Dr. Andrew Bredenkamp, Doug Kessler, Ann HandleyJoin three of the foremost experts on content marketing; Ann Handley, Doug Kessler, and Dr. Andrew Bredenkamp as they discuss five critical issues every marketing team needs to address as they scale their content marketing. Sponsored by Acrolinx
- How to Integrate Your Brand's Story Into Your Marketing ArsenalBroadcast on 2/5/2015 with Jennifer KaneIn this PRO seminar, we'll move beyond the hype of storytelling and share the essential components of all good stories. You'll receive hands-on, practical advice on what to do after your story is developed and how to strategically weave it into your content marketing plan. We'll also discuss best practices on how to publish and distribute your story to increase audience engagement and improve your ROI.
- How to Create Visual Content That Gets Shared and Drives TrafficBroadcast on 11/6/2014 with Donna MoritzIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the principles of using visual content and how it can contribute to your overall marketing mix. We'll discuss the key elements to creating visual content that drives traffic, and provide you with tactical tips on how to achieve maximum impact in minimum time.
- MarketingProfs University: Capitalize on the Content Marketing ObsessionBroadcast on 10/2/2014 with Ginger ConlonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the core elements of a lucrative content strategy so you can successfully capitalize on the current content marketing obsession.
- Relevance is the Key to a Competitive Content StrategyBroadcast on 9/25/2014 with Ardath AlbeeIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain what it takes to achieve the level of relevance needed in this real-time environment to turn prospects into buyers. We'll discuss why relevance requires marketers to look beyond the one-off campaign approach to a more continuum approach that builds a story. You'll leave with several key skills that will help you improve the effectiveness of your content marketing efforts.
- How to Create Amazing Blog Content That Gets Seen and SharedBroadcast on 8/21/2014 with Mack CollierIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to take your blog from an afterthought to one of your most powerful customer acquisition tools. You'll learn how to maximize your business blogging efforts, write more compelling content, and organize posts that your customers will read, act on, and share. Plus, you'll learn how to create attention-grabbing headlines that are optimized for social sharing and will improve your search engine ranking.
- The Convergence Imperative: How Social, Content, and PR Combine for Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 8/7/2014 with Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll gain a deep understanding of how success in search requires the combination of 'holy smokes' content, strong social media, and brilliant PR. You'll learn how to apply this effective combination to your online and offline marketing efforts.
- MarketingProfs University: Talk Savvy—Smart Communication for a Social WorldBroadcast on 6/12/2014 with Amber NaslundIn this PRO seminar, you'll get an insider's look at what's changed, find out what truly great online communication looks and feels like, and learn how to ensure you're "talk savvy" in today's constantly shifting social web.
- Using Buyer Personas to Make an Impact on Your Marketing ROIBroadcast on 5/15/2014 with Adele RevellaIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover a practical plan to ensure that your buyer personas have a direct, measurable impact on marketing ROI.
Content Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Guide Customers Through Your ContentReleased on 12/5/2014 with Melissa BrekerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss the various stages of the customer journey and five considerations to help improve your conversion rate. You'll walk away with a framework to assess your current content and determine where there are opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Take 10: How to Interpret Data to Create Great ContentReleased on 9/26/2014 with Hana AbazaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn what data can drive key areas of your content marketing strategy, including content ideation and content distribution. You'll walk away with a clear understanding of how to interpret your data, and how to turn that insight into great content.
- Take 10: How to Map Your Skills to Boost Your Content Project SuccessReleased on 6/27/2014 with Melissa BrekerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which skills and character traits you can map to your content projects to boost effectiveness. You'll walk away with tools, tips, and tricks to use in your content projects, as well as understanding which pitfalls to avoid.
- Take 10: Stop Wasting Your PowerPoints! How to Squeeze All the Good Stuff OutReleased on 5/16/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to extend the reach of your PowerPoint presentation through various social tools, resulting in more views and greater interest in your brand or service. You'll be able to put the content you've already created to work right away with these easy, yet effective, tips.
- Take 10: How to Create Simple and Effective Video Presentations on a BudgetReleased on 5/2/2014 with Neil WalkerIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to create highly engaging screen presentation videos that are easy, inexpensive, and don't require you to be in front of the camera.
- Take 10: How to Ensure Your Target Audience Views Your ContentReleased on 3/7/2014 with Ran GishriIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the most effective means for content distribution and viewing, allowing you to enjoy higher returns on your content creation spend.
- Take 10: How to Create a Killer Content PlanReleased on 11/9/2012 with Alan BelniakIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn an effective and manageable approach to implementing an awesome content marketing plan.
- Take 10: Ten Tips to Make Writing More FunReleased on 11/2/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to combat writer's block and enjoy writing great content!
- Take 10: Five Ways to Streamline Your Content Approval ProcessReleased on 6/29/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to make your content approval process less painful and more effective. We're going to guide you through the content creation and approval process so that you can focus on more important things, like your bottom line.
- Take 10: A Recipe for Success—7 Content Marketing Tips from The Best Chefs in the BizReleased on 5/11/2012 with Verónica Maria JarskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven easily digestible and tactical tips taken from some of the top chefs in the biz. Paired with your handy Take 10 checklist, these tips will allow you to tackle your content marketing challenges with no reservations.
Content Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- How to Create the Ultimate Case StudyIn this 28-page guide, you'll be given an 8-step plan for creating the ultimate case study—one that will meet your prospect's needs, and in turn, help you get the results you want.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.