Metrics: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
2016 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and TrendsAnn HandleyHow do B2B marketers measure content marketing success? Which metric do they say is most important? Which tactics do they use? What increases content effectiveness? What do the most effective ...
How to Calculate Your Company's Investment in BloggingTom FanelliHow valuable is your blog in the array of marketing efforts you're investing money in? How can you determine whether it's money well spent or a waste of marketing dollars? ...
How to Use Analytics to Prove the Impact of YouTube MarketingMark HansenAre people watching your videos? If so, who is watching? And what are they doing after they watch? Here's how to use YouTube Analytics and Google Analytics to understand the ...
Modify Your Language to Gain Credibility, Influence, and Relevance With the C-SuiteLaura PattersonWould you like to be perceived by the C-Suite as someone with business acumen? As influential, credible, and relevant to business? Of course you do! Who wouldn't? Yet, only 1 ...
#SocialSkim: Snapchat's 3V Ad Format, Plus 11 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadThis week we'll introduce you to Snapchat's 3V ad model, where to buy 360° VR-friendly images, a better way to track social ROI via Google, and a Twitter offering that ...
Seven Content Marketing Metrics That Would Make Your Math Professor ProudPawan DeshpandeMany marketers are more comfortable with words than with numbers, but if you're willing to run a few equations, you might gain tremendous insights into the success of your content. ...
Your Email Service Provider: Five Must-Have Capabilities and One Essential TraitEd KudernaChoosing the right email service provider could make the difference between adequate results and extraordinary ones. Consider these six must-haves of an ESP for a mutually beneficial partnership.
How to Harness the Value of 'Strategic Speed' With Alignment and AnalyticsLaura PattersonMarketers can deliver on the value of strategic—not just operational—speed to gain competitive advantage by upping their analytics and alignment game.
Six Practical Tips for an Integrated Content StrategyBrad DodgeWith an integrated content strategy, marketers can provide a more consistent message, expand a company's network of potential customers, and better connect with prospective buyers—all while driving greater returns.
Take Your Influence and Credibility to the High Board: Diving Into ChangeLaura PattersonMarketers feel the pressure. They know that their credibility and influence are at risk when they cannot connect marketing activities to business results. Here's how to fix that problem.
Metrics: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Power Up Through Experiential Marketing: Shell's Chris Hayek Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Hayek, director of global brand management for Shell Lubricants, explains his approach to integrated marketing, communicating innovation, and creating experiences that bring the brand to life for consumers.
The Marketing Performance Blueprint: PR 20/20 Founder Paul Roetzer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePaul Roetzer—founder of inbound marketing agency PR 20/20, author of The Marketing Agency Blueprint—shares tips for smart staffing and measuring marketing results from his latest book, The Marketing Performance Blueprint.
Tips for Wrangling Content (and Cattle): Spredfast CMO Jim Rudden Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSpredfast CMO Jim Rudden discusses trends in social marketing, content strategy, and using existing content to make "content risotto."
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
Don't Let Data Drive, Let It Inform: Beth Kanter and KD Paine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBeth Kanter and Katie Delahaye (KD) Paine, authors of Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World, discuss performance metrics and nonprofits.
How Do You Measure the Value of Sharing? Kurt Abrahamson of ShareThis Talks About Measuring Social Activity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"It's not just social media," Kurt Abrahamson says in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. "It's socially engaged audiences that are important." Learn why social sharing is an important indicator of engagement—and more useful to publishers and advertisers than the ...
Metrics: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Delivering Personalized Experiences With a 360° View of the Customer JourneyBroadcast on 9/22/2015 with Patrick Lu, Jeff MorrisJoin us for this free seminar to discover how to use cross-channel analytics to glean insights into your customer's journey. You'll discover how to turn those insights into personalized experiences that will effectively influence your customers' path to purchase. Sponsored by GoodData
- Three Secrets to Measuring Marketing's Impact on RevenueBroadcast on 9/15/2015 with Bryon GrantJoin us for this free seminar as we reveal three secrets to effectively measuring marketing's impact on revenue. You'll learn how to pull all your data together to prove the worth of your campaigns and ensure your seat at the strategy table. Sponsored by Silverpop, an IBM Company
- 10 Powerful Tips for Getting More From Your AnalyticsBroadcast on 3/19/2015 with Michele KissIn this PRO seminar, we'll provide you with 10 tips and actions you can implement immediately to do more with your data—no expensive tools required! Whether you have an analytics team or you have no support at all, we'll show you how to get more from your data and so you can stop struggling and start gaining valuable insight.
- MarketingProfs University: The Metrics That Matter—Making Sense of the NoiseBroadcast on 2/12/2015 with Paul RoetzerIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to determine and separate the most important data from the extraneous. You'll walk away with the tools to use relevant data to bring a sense of structure to the numbers, and gain the clarity and confidence to direct future marketing campaigns.
- How to Use Testing to Improve Website ConversionsBroadcast on 12/11/2014 with Justin RondeauIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the steps you should take to use testing to increase your conversion rates. You'll learn what elements to focus on, including lead generation pages, the homepage, and buttons. You'll walk away with new ideas that you can apply to your website and landing pages immediately.
- How to Use Metrics to Achieve Greater Results From Your Next ExhibitBroadcast on 10/16/2014 with Joe FederbushIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how exhibitors, regardless of size or budget, can develop and execute an effective and strategic event marketing measurement strategy. You'll learn how to use the right tools to justify your event's budget, and take away tried-and-true tips such as how to calculate the optimal booth size and number of personnel needed to achieve maximum results.
- MarketingProfs University: Finding the True Value of Your Online Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 4/10/2014 with Ruth BurrIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how web marketing programs should target the "sweet spot" between website performance and campaign performance, allowing marketers to take a whole-funnel approach.
- The Power of More: How Knowing More About Your Website Visitors Drives Greater ROIBroadcast on 6/20/2013 with Marc Engelsman, Ben YurchakThis seminar will delve into some of the challenges marketers face when extracting meaningful and actionable insights from their web analytics data and lead you to more—more leads, more conversions, more sales, more ROI.
- How to Optimize and Measure Trade Show ROIBroadcast on 11/8/2012 with Skip CoxThis PRO seminar will provide marketers with a proven approach to accurately measuring the results of their events efforts.
- Cognitive Surplus: How Sharing and Collaboration Can Benefit Marketers in a Connected AgeBroadcast on 4/19/2012 with Clay ShirkyIn this seminar, Clay Shirky will show you how to tap into your customers' cognitive surplus by providing a platform for customer collaboration—and how this collaboration can turn into big positive results for your business. Plus you'll discover how you, as a marketer, can become more valuable to your company through the insights you gain by fostering this collaboration.
Metrics: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Email Marketing Strategies—Out With the Old, In With the NewReleased on 5/15/2015 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to align your email efforts with changing technology, increase open and click through rates, and grow your email ROI. We'll show you how to create a whole new life for your emails by sweeping away dusty, outdated practices.
- Take 10: How to Interpret Data to Create Great ContentReleased on 9/26/2014 with Hana AbazaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn what data can drive key areas of your content marketing strategy, including content ideation and content distribution. You'll walk away with a clear understanding of how to interpret your data, and how to turn that insight into great content.
- Take 10: The Four Most Important Reports in Google AnalyticsReleased on 6/13/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which reports are most important, and how to use this information to assist you in future campaigns. You'll walk away with a better understanding of Google Analytics, and how to get the most out of your metrics and reporting.
- Take 10: How to Strike a Balance Between Analytics and CreativityReleased on 3/14/2014 with Kathleen SchultzIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the top two skills an artist and a scientist must possess and how they mesh together to deliver sales and profitability to your business.
- Take 10: How to Set Up Your Metrics for a Successful CampaignReleased on 1/24/2014 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll review the various data capture methods available, which methods are appropriate for each communication type, and the guidelines you should use to choose the right metrics for a successful campaign.
- Take 10: How to Create Goals in Google AnalyticsReleased on 9/20/2013 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to set up basic goals in Google Analytics so you can start to evaluate your website traffic right away.
- Take 10: Selecting the Right Metrics to Measure Campaign SuccessReleased on 6/21/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines for choosing the right metrics for your campaign so you can get right to measuring your tremendous success.
- Take 10: Demonstrate Marketing Success by Setting Clear ObjectivesReleased on 6/14/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines you'll want to follow in order to set clear objectives. If you follow these tips, you'll be able to clearly demonstrate marketing success in a language that your senior management team understands.
- Take 10: Tips to Measure Your Trade Show Success in Real TimeReleased on 4/5/2013 with Rob MurphyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn easy, do-it-yourself tips for measuring your trade show program—in real time.
- Take 10: How to Use Predictive Analytics to Better Your BusinessReleased on 11/23/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to successfully use predictive analytics to optimize your campaigns and improve customer experience.
Metrics: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Market ResearchNeed to learn about your customers without the big price tag of market research firms? This guide on do-it-yourself market research will help you get the information you need to position your business without emptying the corporate coffers.
- Marketing Metrics How-To GuideMetrics is the guiding light of your marketing efforts. Without measurements, you're operating in the dark. Make sure you are tracking the right metrics, and get tips on interpreting the data with this comprehensive guide.
- Market Forecasting TemplateThis guide will give you a mini-seminar on the art and the science of forecasting. Learn the four different ways to create forecasting models and choose the ones that best suit your needs. Then follow these easy-to-follow steps to creating a model where you too can predict the future.
- Trade Show Marketing TemplateTrade show marketing is a high-risk, high-reward endeavor. This Template provides a sytematic look at trade show marketing. It walks you through selection and promotion, to follow-up and measurement. This step-by-step guide will insure your trade show marketing is effective, efficient, measurable, and successful.
- Marketing ROI and the Sales FunnelIn this guide, you will learn how to structure, motivate and measure the marketing and sales functions to maximize profit. Topics include: 1) a high-level self-assessment to determine potential sources of profit leakage; 2) how to map out and improve strategies related to the buying cycle; 3) how to apply marketing ROI principles to create strategies to reduce and recycle leakage from the buying cycle; and 4) how to leverage insight on your key profit drivers and customer-level analysis to improve profitability.