Metrics: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Gauge the Power and Value of Your Content MarketingAaron DunLarger companies may be less concerned about the direct correlation between content marketing efforts and deals. But, for the rest of us, it's critical. So, how do you gauge the ...
Four Steps to Ensuring Your Strategy Achieves ResultsLaura PattersonMany companies at all stages invest time in planning but lack the processes and leadership needed to ensure a strategy achieves the desired results. Failure is expensive and wastes precious ...
Four Foundational Elements of Marketing Analytics SuccessMark EmondA lot of marketing organizations today think that they are on the path to greater insight because they now have analytics technology. The reality is that it takes a significant ...
How to Use Google Analytics to Increase E-Commerce SalesMor FriedmanGoogle Analytics is a great free tool for e-commerce websites. It can allow marketers and webmasters to record specific data about items purchased, learn how a user navigates the website, ...
Three Powerful Ways to Measure the Impact of Your Email MarketingKaren TalaveraThough email campaign process metrics such as delivery, open, and click-through rates have their place, if you don't look beyond them... the true impact of your email marketing—and opportunities for ...
Give Me 10 Minutes and I'll Make You an SEO Expert (Kinda)Chris WardenHere's the quick-and-dirty guide to being an SEO "expert," which merely means you know more than the people around you. This article will accomplish that. Well, not really... But the ...
The Importance and ROI of Events: Marketers Still Face ChallengesVahe HabeshianEven as events remain a vital part of the marketing mix, and a key channel for direct one-to-one customer engagement, marketing executives—lacking visibility into the conversion pipeline—don't have sufficiently effective ...
Connect Customer Experience, Convenience, and Differentiation to Business ResultsLaura PattersonUnderstanding how the customer behavior you can monitor influences the buying process... is key. Here are three areas to monitor and how to tie them to more outcome-based metrics.
Nonprofit Benchmarks: Email, Social, Audience, Fundraising [Infographic]Vahe HabeshianOnline nonprofit fundraising is on the rise, with explosive growth in sustaining gifts and a larger audience of supporters reached via social networks, according to an analysis of leading US ...
The 7 Biggest Misconceptions of Successful B2B MarketingRussell GlassWhat really drives success in B2B marketing can be hard to decipher. Here are seven misconceptions about what makes for truly successful B2B marketing—and how you can steer your efforts ...
Metrics: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
Don't Let Data Drive, Let It Inform: Beth Kanter and KD Paine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBeth Kanter and Katie Delahaye (KD) Paine, authors of Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World, discuss performance metrics and nonprofits.
How Do You Measure the Value of Sharing? Kurt Abrahamson of ShareThis Talks About Measuring Social Activity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"It's not just social media," Kurt Abrahamson says in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. "It's socially engaged audiences that are important." Learn why social sharing is an important indicator of engagement—and more useful to publishers and advertisers than the ...
Metrics: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Leverage Your Data to Run Smarter Marketing ProgramsBroadcast on 3/12/2013 with Bill BrunoLearn how to connect the dots between your data, your analysis, and the actions your team takes to grow your business at this free online seminar. Sponsored by Tableau.
- How to Optimize and Measure Trade Show ROIBroadcast on 11/8/2012 with Skip CoxThis PRO seminar will provide marketers with a proven approach to accurately measuring the results of their events efforts.
- Cognitive Surplus: How Sharing and Collaboration Can Benefit Marketers in a Connected AgeBroadcast on 4/19/2012 with Clay ShirkyIn this seminar, Clay Shirky will show you how to tap into your customers' cognitive surplus by providing a platform for customer collaboration—and how this collaboration can turn into big positive results for your business. Plus you'll discover how you, as a marketer, can become more valuable to your company through the insights you gain by fostering this collaboration.
- The Next Generation of Landing Pages: What's New, What's Hot, What's PerformingBroadcast on 11/10/2011 with Scott BrinkerTake a whirlwind tour of state-of-the-art landing page strategies and tactics, and update your Web marketing repertoire with a new set of best practices that you can put into action.
- Eight Critical SEO MetricsBroadcast on 7/21/2011 with Stephan SpencerUncover which SEO metrics enable you to maximize your website optimization efforts during this PRO seminar with Stephan Spencer. Learn how to expand your keyword list, increase your rankings, and prioritize your efforts.
- A Seven Step Scientific Method for Selling Social Media to SkepticsBroadcast on 2/24/2011 with Tamsen McMahonNeed to convert social media skeptics into believers? Tamsen McMahon will explore how the centuries-old Scientific Method can provide a framework for making a case for social media. You'll walk away with a roadmap for implementing customized, documentable, and measurable social media efforts.
- A No-Panic, 10 Step Self-Audit for Email Deliverability FailureBroadcast on 10/21/2010 with Tom SatherYou know it's a bad day when you realize that Yahoo! is blocking all your email messages. We'll discuss some real email marketing deliverability failures and how they were resolved, and provide tips to expedite solving similar problems should this ever happen to you.
- Don't Be a Report Monkey: Three Steps to Optimizing Online MarketingBroadcast on 9/16/2010 with Jim SterneDiscover what it takes to make the most of the tools and data you have to become an indispensable source of business insight for your organization.
- Social Media Slowpokes: It’s Not too Late to Connect with Your Customers OnlineBroadcast on 6/24/2010 with Paul ChaneyHaven't had the time, resources, or guts to get into social media? Your customers aren't waiting around for you to show up. Learn some simple steps you can take to start connecting with them.
- Social Metrics for Marketers: How to Measure What MattersBroadcast on 5/20/2010 with Jim SterneMeasurement is an essential part of any marketing program. Don't miss this seminar that provides the latest best practices and tools to set social media marketing metrics and measure your social media marketing programs.
Metrics: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Tips to Measure Your Trade Show Success in Real TimeReleased on 4/5/2013 with Rob MurphyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn easy, do-it-yourself tips for measuring your trade show program—in real time.
- Take 10: How to Use Predictive Analytics to Better Your BusinessReleased on 11/23/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to successfully use predictive analytics to optimize your campaigns and improve customer experience.
- Take 10: How to Create Custom URLs for Better Campaign TrackingReleased on 10/5/2012 with Dan SoschinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create custom URLs for your campaigns that will improve your Google Analytics tracking tenfold and, ultimately, improve your campaign performance.
- Take 10: Four Steps to Creating a Useful Engagement MetricReleased on 8/3/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to best engage with your customers, why engagement is important, and how to put it to good use!
- Take 10: Five Key Ways to Optimize Your QR Code PerformanceReleased on 7/20/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five keys to great QR code execution, including how to use QR codes to help build a stronger brand, how to entice users to scan your code, and how to measure the success of your campaign.
- Take 10 Video Series: Seven Steps to Measuring Social Media ROIReleased on 7/13/2012 with David B. ThomasIn just 10 minutes, David B. Thomas will walk you through a step-by-step approach that will help you understand how to measure the bottom-line value of your social media efforts.
- Take 10: How to Easily Measure Social Media Campaigns on a Small BudgetReleased on 2/17/2012 with Nichole KellyIn just 10 minutes, learn how to integrate free (or inexpensive) tools like Google Analytics and HootSuite Pro into your website and social media campaigns to help track social media performance and report on social media results.
- Take 10: 5 Rules for Creating Powerful Calls-to-ActionReleased on 8/26/2011 with Doug MetzgarIn this Take 10 tactical webcast, you'll be guided through a checklist of must-haves for creating calls-to-action that convert.
- Take 10: How to Develop a Lead Management Process that Drives SalesReleased on 7/29/2011 with Carlos HidalgoIn this Take 10, Carlos Hidalgo of the Annuitas Group lays out the eight critical elements of a lead management framework that's built to last.
- Take 10: How to Create a Digital Marketing Plan with 8 Key ElementsReleased on 1/28/2011 with Michael MillerThis webcast is your guide to creating an effective plan for your digital marketing and traditional marketing activities.
Metrics: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Market ResearchNeed to learn about your customers without the big price tag of market research firms? This guide on do-it-yourself market research will help you get the information you need to position your business without emptying the corporate coffers.
- Marketing Metrics How-To GuideMetrics is the guiding light of your marketing efforts. Without measurements, you're operating in the dark. Make sure you are tracking the right metrics, and get tips on interpreting the data with this comprehensive guide.
- Market Forecasting TemplateThis guide will give you a mini-seminar on the art and the science of forecasting. Learn the four different ways to create forecasting models and choose the ones that best suit your needs. Then follow these easy-to-follow steps to creating a model where you too can predict the future.
- Trade Show Marketing TemplateTrade show marketing is a high-risk, high-reward endeavor. This Template provides a sytematic look at trade show marketing. It walks you through selection and promotion, to follow-up and measurement. This step-by-step guide will insure your trade show marketing is effective, efficient, measurable, and successful.
- Marketing ROI and the Sales FunnelIn this guide, you will learn how to structure, motivate and measure the marketing and sales functions to maximize profit. Topics include: 1) a high-level self-assessment to determine potential sources of profit leakage; 2) how to map out and improve strategies related to the buying cycle; 3) how to apply marketing ROI principles to create strategies to reduce and recycle leakage from the buying cycle; and 4) how to leverage insight on your key profit drivers and customer-level analysis to improve profitability.