Metrics: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Answer the Age-Old Question, 'What Has Marketing Done for Us Lately?'Rani HublouWhen resources are scarce or when growth slows, it's not uncommon to look at Marketing and question the investment. That is, unless Marketing has communicated its goals, metrics, and actions—and ...
Why Your Data Scientists Need to Be Storytellers, and How to Get Them ThereLaura PattersonUnless your data can be effectively collected, analyzed, and transformed into meaningful and actionable insights—and then used to tell a compelling, actionable story—it is essentially useless.
Four Metrics to Track During Your Next Virtual EventEric VidalAttendance alone does not determine an event's success, especially an online event's. Here are four types of metrics to help you measure overall effectiveness and success before, during, and after ...
Three Vital Steps for Effective Email MarketingCorinne SklarToday, each email competes with thousands of digital, mobile, and social messages. It can seem nearly impossible for your email to stand out and get noticed. But you can cut ...
Hit a Home Run With Your A-B Testing [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiA/B testing can help you boost your conversion rates. Here's how.
Marketing Accountability Is the Horse, Automation Is the Cart. Put Accountability FirstLaura PattersonIt's easy to get excited by all the sexy new marketing tools. But it is a mistake not to have addressed accountability before you address technology, including automation. So first ...
2015 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and TrendsVahe HabeshianB2C content marketers struggle with effectively tracking their content marketing ROI, according to the findings of the fifth annual content marketing study by MarketingProfs and the Content Marketing Institute.
Five Email Mistakes Even the Experts MakeAmanda KiviahoEven the most experienced email marketers make mistakes—sometimes time and again. This article discusses five such mistakes and offers tips so you don't sacrifice your emails to the junk folder.
A Three-Step Guide to Mobile MessagingCezar KolodziejConsumers have made a dramatic shift toward mobile, and it's time that marketers finally do the same. These three steps will help you integrate mobile messaging into your marketing campaigns.
Digital Video Vital Signs: How Healthy Is Your Online Video Investment?Jessica HallAs more video content moves online, marketers and brand managers grapple with this question: How do we monetize this investment? The answer lies in regularly checking these four vital signs ...
Metrics: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Marketing Performance Blueprint: PR 20/20 Founder Paul Roetzer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePaul Roetzer—founder of inbound marketing agency PR 20/20, author of The Marketing Agency Blueprint—shares tips for smart staffing and measuring marketing results from his latest book, The Marketing Performance Blueprint.
Tips for Wrangling Content (and Cattle): Spredfast CMO Jim Rudden Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSpredfast CMO Jim Rudden discusses trends in social marketing, content strategy, and using existing content to make "content risotto."
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
Don't Let Data Drive, Let It Inform: Beth Kanter and KD Paine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBeth Kanter and Katie Delahaye (KD) Paine, authors of Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World, discuss performance metrics and nonprofits.
How Do You Measure the Value of Sharing? Kurt Abrahamson of ShareThis Talks About Measuring Social Activity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"It's not just social media," Kurt Abrahamson says in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. "It's socially engaged audiences that are important." Learn why social sharing is an important indicator of engagement—and more useful to publishers and advertisers than the ...
Metrics: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Use Metrics to Achieve Greater Results From Your Next ExhibitBroadcast on 10/16/2014 with Joe FederbushIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how exhibitors, regardless of size or budget, can develop and execute an effective and strategic event marketing measurement strategy. You'll learn how to use the right tools to justify your event's budget, and take away tried-and-true tips such as how to calculate the optimal booth size and number of personnel needed to achieve maximum results.
- Email Marketing Benchmarks: How Do You Stack Up Against the Best?Broadcast on 9/16/2014 with Laurie HoodJoin us for this free seminar where we'll share the results from a recent email performance study of nearly 3,000 brands. From open rates to clickthroughs, to metrics you may not even know exist, you'll discover which numbers are really important and how they can help drive your email strategy and tactics so you can rise above the rest. Sponsored by Silverpop
- MarketingProfs University: Finding the True Value of Your Online Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 4/10/2014 with Ruth BurrIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how web marketing programs should target the "sweet spot" between website performance and campaign performance, allowing marketers to take a whole-funnel approach.
- The Power of More: How Knowing More About Your Website Visitors Drives Greater ROIBroadcast on 6/20/2013 with Marc Engelsman, Ben YurchakThis seminar will delve into some of the challenges marketers face when extracting meaningful and actionable insights from their web analytics data and lead you to more—more leads, more conversions, more sales, more ROI.
- How to Optimize and Measure Trade Show ROIBroadcast on 11/8/2012 with Skip CoxThis PRO seminar will provide marketers with a proven approach to accurately measuring the results of their events efforts.
- Cognitive Surplus: How Sharing and Collaboration Can Benefit Marketers in a Connected AgeBroadcast on 4/19/2012 with Clay ShirkyIn this seminar, Clay Shirky will show you how to tap into your customers' cognitive surplus by providing a platform for customer collaboration—and how this collaboration can turn into big positive results for your business. Plus you'll discover how you, as a marketer, can become more valuable to your company through the insights you gain by fostering this collaboration.
- The Next Generation of Landing Pages: What's New, What's Hot, What's PerformingBroadcast on 11/10/2011 with Scott BrinkerTake a whirlwind tour of state-of-the-art landing page strategies and tactics, and update your Web marketing repertoire with a new set of best practices that you can put into action.
- Eight Critical SEO MetricsBroadcast on 7/21/2011 with Stephan SpencerUncover which SEO metrics enable you to maximize your website optimization efforts during this PRO seminar with Stephan Spencer. Learn how to expand your keyword list, increase your rankings, and prioritize your efforts.
- A Seven Step Scientific Method for Selling Social Media to SkepticsBroadcast on 2/24/2011 with Tamsen McMahonNeed to convert social media skeptics into believers? Tamsen McMahon will explore how the centuries-old Scientific Method can provide a framework for making a case for social media. You'll walk away with a roadmap for implementing customized, documentable, and measurable social media efforts.
- A No-Panic, 10 Step Self-Audit for Email Deliverability FailureBroadcast on 10/21/2010 with Tom SatherYou know it's a bad day when you realize that Yahoo! is blocking all your email messages. We'll discuss some real email marketing deliverability failures and how they were resolved, and provide tips to expedite solving similar problems should this ever happen to you.
Metrics: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Interpret Data to Create Great ContentReleased on 9/26/2014 with Hana AbazaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn what data can drive key areas of your content marketing strategy, including content ideation and content distribution. You'll walk away with a clear understanding of how to interpret your data, and how to turn that insight into great content.
- Take 10: The Four Most Important Reports in Google AnalyticsReleased on 6/13/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which reports are most important, and how to use this information to assist you in future campaigns. You'll walk away with a better understanding of Google Analytics, and how to get the most out of your metrics and reporting.
- Take 10: How to Strike a Balance Between Analytics and CreativityReleased on 3/14/2014 with Kathleen SchultzIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the top two skills an artist and a scientist must possess and how they mesh together to deliver sales and profitability to your business.
- Take 10: How to Set Up Your Metrics for a Successful CampaignReleased on 1/24/2014 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll review the various data capture methods available, which methods are appropriate for each communication type, and the guidelines you should use to choose the right metrics for a successful campaign.
- Take 10: How to Create Goals in Google AnalyticsReleased on 9/20/2013 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to set up basic goals in Google Analytics so you can start to evaluate your website traffic right away.
- Take 10: Selecting the Right Metrics to Measure Campaign SuccessReleased on 6/21/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines for choosing the right metrics for your campaign so you can get right to measuring your tremendous success.
- Take 10: Demonstrate Marketing Success by Setting Clear ObjectivesReleased on 6/14/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines you'll want to follow in order to set clear objectives. If you follow these tips, you'll be able to clearly demonstrate marketing success in a language that your senior management team understands.
- Take 10: Tips to Measure Your Trade Show Success in Real TimeReleased on 4/5/2013 with Rob MurphyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn easy, do-it-yourself tips for measuring your trade show program—in real time.
- Take 10: How to Use Predictive Analytics to Better Your BusinessReleased on 11/23/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to successfully use predictive analytics to optimize your campaigns and improve customer experience.
- Take 10: How to Create Custom URLs for Better Campaign TrackingReleased on 10/5/2012 with Dan SoschinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create custom URLs for your campaigns that will improve your Google Analytics tracking tenfold and, ultimately, improve your campaign performance.
Metrics: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Market ResearchNeed to learn about your customers without the big price tag of market research firms? This guide on do-it-yourself market research will help you get the information you need to position your business without emptying the corporate coffers.
- Marketing Metrics How-To GuideMetrics is the guiding light of your marketing efforts. Without measurements, you're operating in the dark. Make sure you are tracking the right metrics, and get tips on interpreting the data with this comprehensive guide.
- Market Forecasting TemplateThis guide will give you a mini-seminar on the art and the science of forecasting. Learn the four different ways to create forecasting models and choose the ones that best suit your needs. Then follow these easy-to-follow steps to creating a model where you too can predict the future.
- Trade Show Marketing TemplateTrade show marketing is a high-risk, high-reward endeavor. This Template provides a sytematic look at trade show marketing. It walks you through selection and promotion, to follow-up and measurement. This step-by-step guide will insure your trade show marketing is effective, efficient, measurable, and successful.
- Marketing ROI and the Sales FunnelIn this guide, you will learn how to structure, motivate and measure the marketing and sales functions to maximize profit. Topics include: 1) a high-level self-assessment to determine potential sources of profit leakage; 2) how to map out and improve strategies related to the buying cycle; 3) how to apply marketing ROI principles to create strategies to reduce and recycle leakage from the buying cycle; and 4) how to leverage insight on your key profit drivers and customer-level analysis to improve profitability.