Management: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Who Is Winning the Talent War in Social Media? [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiOnline-savvy job recruiters are turning to social networks to find new talent for their companies. But the competition for talent is fierce online. So, which companies are doing the best? ...
Four Email Tips for Marketing ProfessionalsDmitri LeonovLittle attention has been paid to the importance of being better at receiving and processing email. So, here are my tips to help you process email more efficiently, free up hours ...
Four Outside-the-Box Ideas to Better Understand Customer ExperienceLinda IrelandIn the show "Undercover Boss," senior execs go undercover as frontline employees to see how the company is really doing and what customers experience. CMOs should try that, too—with these ...
Four Steps to Ensuring Your Strategy Achieves ResultsLaura PattersonMany companies at all stages invest time in planning but lack the processes and leadership needed to ensure a strategy achieves the desired results. Failure is expensive and wastes precious ...
How to Properly Close the Loop... and the SalePeter GraceyFirst impressions matter a great deal. That's why you need to structure your sales calls to establish rapport and drive toward a sense of trust and camaraderie with your prospects. ...
A Century of Marketing Media and Measurement: The Evolution of the 'Growth Hacker' [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTo demonstrate how marketers have adapted to media innovations through the last century and developed measurements for them, IfbyPhone created the following infographic about the evolution of the "growth hacker" ...
SMBs Embracing Mobile DevicesAyaz NanjiFour out of five leaders at small and midsize businesses (SMBs) say the use of mobile devices by employees has a positive effect on productivity. Only 2% say remote technology ...
Five Compelling Insights From HubSpot's 2013 State of Inbound Marketing SurveyDaniele HagenThe inbound marketing industry, though still emerging, is playing a vital role in how marketers are doing their jobs, although challenges remain, according to the just-released fifth annual State of ...
LinkedIn: Revolutionizing the World of Recruiting [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTo find out how LinkedIn is transforming job recruiting, the folks at Masters in Human Resources did some research and created the following infographic.
Seven Essential Skills for the Content StrategistJason HirthlerLike the word "content" itself, "content strategy" is often an ambivalent term. But, however you define it, any good content strategist should have these seven skill sets.
Management: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Management and Why Nice Companies Finish First: Author Peter Shankman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Be nice" isn't just advice for kindergartners: Nice businesses earn more money. Author Peter Shankman talks about the value of creating a "nice" corporate culture in his latest book, Nice Companies Finish First: Why Cutthroat Management Is Over—and Collaboration Is ...
We Are All in Sales: Daniel Pink Talks Selling on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDan Pink argues that selling (especially in the form of persuading or convincing someone to do this or that) is deeply embedded in our nature. "We need to move away from thinking of selling something as a kind of unnatural, ...
Achieving True Sales and Marketing Alignment: Constant Contact's Rick Jensen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantRick Jensen heads up both sales and marketing at Constant Contact, which is an interesting predicament to be in, considering the evolving relationship between Marketing and Sales. I thought he might have something interesting to say about the subject. I ...
If We Humanize Business, Can We Escape the Matrix? Maddie Grant Guests on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, author Maddie Grant explains why the new world of communication afforded by social media requires that organizations shed their mechanistic perspective—and become more human.
No Pain, No Gain: Jonah Lehrer Discusses Debate, Dissent, and Creativity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOne of the rules of traditional brainstorming is... "Don't criticize anyone's ideas." But does that work? "Criticism is really good for the imagination," Jonah Lehrer explains in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts.
The Mindset Is the Message: Amber Naslund and Matt Ridings Talk Social Business on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhat does "social business" mean? On this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Amber Naslund and Matt Ridings tell me why the key to being a social business depends less on technology and more on the application of social concepts internally.
Management: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Using Market Frameworks to Analyze Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/21/2013 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use market frameworks to understand your market and analyze your competition, understand your own strengths, and uncover weaknesses you may not even know you have.
- How to Use Agile Marketing to Get Measurable ResultsBroadcast on 1/24/2013 with Jim Ewel, Bob CanawayThis PRO seminar will offer busy marketers a new way of doing their jobs that puts the focus on the customer experience and buyer's decision-making process while increasing ROI.
- MarketingProfs University: Campaign Planning and Management FundamentalsBroadcast on 11/1/2012 with Jon MillerIn this PRO seminar, we will go over the basics of campaign planning and management to help you create the framework for a successful campaign.
- Breaking Down Silos to Build Better Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 8/23/2012 with Geoff Livingston, Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how barriers prevent marketing campaigns from reaching full potential (and how to combat this), how to break down silos, motivate your marketing team, and measure holistic multichannel campaign success.
- MarketingProfs University: Killing Giants—Outmaneuvering Larger CompetitorsBroadcast on 1/12/2012 with Stephen DennyLearn to turn your larger competitors' lack of speed and agility to your advantage in this PRO seminar and MPU Marketing Your Small Business kickoff class.
- Winning with Speed: 4 Ways Speed Can Topple the Goliath in Your IndustryBroadcast on 6/23/2011 with Stephen DennyAuthor and consultant Stephen Denny discusses how speed can be used as a weapon to beat your competition in this insightful PRO seminar. Learn how creating a speed culture can not only help you move faster, but push you to make better decisions and pull forward revenue.
- Selling Social to the C-SuiteBroadcast on 7/15/2010 with Brian SolisThis seminar will provide you with the insight and directives necessary to shift from the role of champion to business strategist and help you set a plan to convey the importance of engaging in social media to senior management.
- Demolish the Roadblocks on Your Website: Clearing a Path for Customer Action, Sales and LoyaltyBroadcast on 1/21/2010 with Gerry McGovernTraditional marketing is about getting attention. Web marketing is about giving attention. There’s a world of difference between the two.
- The Naked Truth: Insights from Our Social Media Marketing ResearchBroadcast on 1/14/2010 with Tim McAtee, Roy YoungGet the Full Monty on what 5,140 marketers are doing with social media in this look at our newest research results.
- What Matters Next: Doing Business in 2010, with Seth & GuyBroadcast on 1/7/2010 with Seth Godin, Guy KawasakiTwo of the most prolific and admired marketing minds of our time talk about what should be on your radar for 2010.
Management: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Five Ways to Streamline Your Content Approval ProcessReleased on 6/29/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to make your content approval process less painful and more effective. We're going to guide you through the content creation and approval process so that you can focus on more important things, like your bottom line.
- Take 10: 3 Rules for Winning Business When the Odds Are Against YouReleased on 8/12/2011 with Stephen DennyIn this Take 10, competitive strategy and marketing consultant Stephen Denny gives you the nitty-gritty on getting scrappy and actually capitalizing on (seemingly) overwhelming business challenges.
Management: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- SWOT Analysis How-To GuideThis comprehensive, step-by-step how-to guide will help you assess the position in the market of your product or firm, by identifying the product's Strengths and Weaknesses, by considering the potential Opportunities the product has in the marketingplace, and by assessing the potential Threats posed by either the competition or the marketplace.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.