Management: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
From Smartphones to Smart Everything: The 'Smart' Revolution (Part 2: a Presentation)Christina "CK" KerleyTailored to marketers, this presentation covers what the Smart Revolution is and why you need to begin focusing on these emerging technologies. It also lays out a five-point framework of ...
From Smartphones to Smart Everything: Welcome to the 'Smart' Revolution (Part 1 of 2)Christina "CK" KerleyWe are about to move from an age of smartphones... to an era of smart everything. And in this era, technology will not only change how we market our brands ...
Bridging Marketing and Finance: Don't Get Lost in TranslationLaura PattersonWhether your goal is to obtain a seat at the table or to prove the value of Marketing—or more easily obtain approval for your budget—you need a viable relationship with ...
Top 5 Holiday Party Planning TipsCassie BrownIt is that time of year again, when employees are forced to attend a "morale-building event" that does nothing of the sort. But if you consider these five elements, a ...
Marketing-IT Alignment Is Possible: Why You Need Your IT DepartmentAdele SweetwoodAs customers change, the channels of engagement morph, and data explodes, ultimately it's going to be the partnership between IT and Marketing that will be the lynchpin to grasping new, ...
Adopt a Lean Approach to Mobile StrategyScott ForshayAdopting lean principles for your mobile strategy ensures that complexity, rigidity, and friction are replaced with simplicity, adaptability, and speed.
Seven Ways to Talk Your Financial Execs Out of Jargon and Bad WritingSusan WeinerSometimes you struggle to get your firm's executives to recognize the power of good writing. You edit their text, but they put the jargon and longwinded language back in. But ...
Three Modern SEO Best-Practices Every CEO, CMO, and CIO Should KnowCarrie MorganSo what do C-suite executives need to know about SEO? (Hint: it has more to do with enterprisewide collaboration than actual SEO skills like programming or copywriting.)
The Top 5 Rules of Gamification for TrainingWhitney CookThere may be whispers of it in the workplace, but if learning leaders haven't heard a lot about gamification yet, they will in the near future.
15 Tools That the Most Successful Entrepreneurs Use [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiA marketer may feel overwhelmed by the huge selection of business tools. Fortunately, the following infographic highlight experts' favorites, so marketers can whittle down their options and choose.
Management: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Management and Why Nice Companies Finish First: Author Peter Shankman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Be nice" isn't just advice for kindergartners: Nice businesses earn more money. Author Peter Shankman talks about the value of creating a "nice" corporate culture in his latest book, Nice Companies Finish First: Why Cutthroat Management Is Over—and Collaboration Is ...
We Are All in Sales: Daniel Pink Talks Selling on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDan Pink argues that selling (especially in the form of persuading or convincing someone to do this or that) is deeply embedded in our nature. "We need to move away from thinking of selling something as a kind of unnatural, ...
Achieving True Sales and Marketing Alignment: Constant Contact's Rick Jensen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantRick Jensen heads up both sales and marketing at Constant Contact, which is an interesting predicament to be in, considering the evolving relationship between Marketing and Sales. I thought he might have something interesting to say about the subject. I ...
If We Humanize Business, Can We Escape the Matrix? Maddie Grant Guests on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, author Maddie Grant explains why the new world of communication afforded by social media requires that organizations shed their mechanistic perspective—and become more human.
No Pain, No Gain: Jonah Lehrer Discusses Debate, Dissent, and Creativity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOne of the rules of traditional brainstorming is... "Don't criticize anyone's ideas." But does that work? "Criticism is really good for the imagination," Jonah Lehrer explains in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts.
The Mindset Is the Message: Amber Naslund and Matt Ridings Talk Social Business on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhat does "social business" mean? On this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Amber Naslund and Matt Ridings tell me why the key to being a social business depends less on technology and more on the application of social concepts internally.
Management: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Three P's of Successful Marketing Teams: People, Perspective, and ProcessBroadcast on 11/26/2013 with Jennifer Sloat, John ScheferJoin us for this free seminar and learn how the marketing team from Infusionsoft overcame the chaos by changing their perspective, focusing more on people, and adding just enough process to their workflow. Sponsored by AtTask.
- The Remarkables: How to Win with Word-of-Mouth MarketingBroadcast on 10/24/2013 with Julie Szabo, Darren BarefootIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn what makes up a remarkable campaign and what role of word-of-mouth plays in campaign creation and success.
- Key Digital Trend Currents That Are Shaping BusinessBroadcast on 8/22/2013 with Steve WoodruffIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn that it's important to look beyond current trends (such as the latest hot platform) to trend currents—those inevitable, inexorable forces that are shaping the world of business and communications.
- The NEW New Rules of Marketing and PR for 2013Broadcast on 7/25/2013 with David Meerman ScottDavid Meerman Scott, author of the internationally best-selling book, The New Rules of Marketing & PR, will share what's NEW with the New Rules in this PRO seminar.
- Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life.Broadcast on 7/11/2013 with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why it's important to reboot and rebuild your business model now and how you can prepare for and adapt to whatever might come next.
- Using Market Frameworks to Analyze Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/21/2013 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use market frameworks to understand your market and analyze your competition, understand your own strengths, and uncover weaknesses you may not even know you have.
- How to Use Agile Marketing to Get Measurable ResultsBroadcast on 1/24/2013 with Jim Ewel, Bob CanawayThis PRO seminar will offer busy marketers a new way of doing their jobs that puts the focus on the customer experience and buyer's decision-making process while increasing ROI.
- MarketingProfs University: Campaign Planning and Management FundamentalsBroadcast on 11/1/2012 with Jon MillerIn this PRO seminar, we will go over the basics of campaign planning and management to help you create the framework for a successful campaign.
- Breaking Down Silos to Build Better Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 8/23/2012 with Geoff Livingston, Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how barriers prevent marketing campaigns from reaching full potential (and how to combat this), how to break down silos, motivate your marketing team, and measure holistic multichannel campaign success.
- MarketingProfs University: Killing Giants—Outmaneuvering Larger CompetitorsBroadcast on 1/12/2012 with Stephen DennyLearn to turn your larger competitors' lack of speed and agility to your advantage in this PRO seminar and MPU Marketing Your Small Business kickoff class.
Management: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Agile Marketing—Managing Marketing at the Speed of the Digital AgeReleased on 9/13/2013 with Scott BrinkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover how agile marketing can be seamlessly incorporated into your marketing plan. We'll discuss ways to make your team more nimble and your campaigns more responsive to your customers' constantly changing needs.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Streamline Your Content Approval ProcessReleased on 6/29/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to make your content approval process less painful and more effective. We're going to guide you through the content creation and approval process so that you can focus on more important things, like your bottom line.
- Take 10: 3 Rules for Winning Business When the Odds Are Against YouReleased on 8/12/2011 with Stephen DennyIn this Take 10, competitive strategy and marketing consultant Stephen Denny gives you the nitty-gritty on getting scrappy and actually capitalizing on (seemingly) overwhelming business challenges.
Management: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- SWOT Analysis How-To GuideThis comprehensive, step-by-step how-to guide will help you assess the position in the market of your product or firm, by identifying the product's Strengths and Weaknesses, by considering the potential Opportunities the product has in the marketingplace, and by assessing the potential Threats posed by either the competition or the marketplace.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.