Copywriting: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Add These Five Word 'Magnets' to Your Marketing and Sales VocabularyBob CircostaWords. They can be powerful, passionate, and—if used correctly in marketing and sales communications and presentations—extremely profitable.
The Driving Forces Behind 10 Years of Storytelling [Infographic]Peter BaronThis infographic takes a nostalgic road trip back in time to look at the top B2B marketing and PR trends that have shaped how corporate stories get told.
This Writing GPS Helps You Create Ridiculously Good ContentAnn HandleyTo get the quality of your content to where you need it to be, you need a road map—or, better yet, a writing GPS of sorts that gets you from ...
Why Your Web Copy Is Missing the Mark (and How You Can Fix It)Tara ChilaWriting for a website is different from other kinds of writing. If you are new to writing online copy, you have to learn what works and what doesn't, and you ...
A Seven-Item Checklist for Measurable Marketing in the Digital AgeGrant A. JohnsonHere's a little secret: Almost all digital communication is actually measurable (direct) marketing. And, if done correctly, it will fatten the bottom line. Here's how to do it correctly.
Five Tips to Enhance Your Call to ActionStephanie ThompsonA good call to action is a lot more than just a link. Rarely will you get someone to follow your CTA simply by asking them. So use these lessons ...
Top 50 Overused Words in Press Releases [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAre you overusing certain business words when writing public relations materials? If those words made it onto the following infographic, you should consider using fresh ones instead.
Writing and Readability Scores: It MattersGrant DraperThe key to authoring good written content is to use language that doesn't detract from your message. That's where readability scores can help.
Seven Ways to Talk Your Financial Execs Out of Jargon and Bad WritingSusan WeinerSometimes you struggle to get your firm's executives to recognize the power of good writing. You edit their text, but they put the jargon and longwinded language back in. But ...
How to Do Responsive Web Design Right [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiIf your company hasn't yet considered using responsive Web design, you might well want to, especially if many of your website visitors are using mobile devices to access your site ...
Copywriting: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Everybody Writes... Especially Marketers! Ann Handley Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketingProfs Chief Content Officer Ann Handley shares insights from her book, Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content.
People Respond to Stories: Rohit Bhargava Talks Likeonomics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantRohit Bhargava, author and social media strategist, thinks business books need to be useful—to help you solve a problem you're facing. So it has to speak to you from the get-go, draw you in, and convince you it's going to ...
Why You Should Consider Hiring a Brand Journalist: Joe Chernov of Eloqua [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhy should you hire a brand journalist? In this episode of Marketing Smarts, Joe Chernov, Eloqua's vice-president of content marketing, explains why hiring a brand journalist can make all the content you produce better.
Copywriting: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: From Content to Conversation—The Changing World of Online Marketing WritingBroadcast on 5/10/2012 with Ginny RedishThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Marketing Writing Bootcamp will demonstrate how customers consume online content, share examples of effective online content, and provide practical guidelines for writing great online content.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Optimizing Content for SEOBroadcast on 12/9/2010 with Heather Lloyd-MartinJoin us for this exciting and fast-paced Hot Seat Lab where you'll learn best practices for writing SEO content that will achieve higher rankings in search engines. Plus, you'll witness several live website critiques where Heather Lloyd Martin will provide actionable tips for improving content in a way that will draw more customers to your site.
- It's All About the Click: Fundamentals of Paid Search MarketingBroadcast on 6/4/2009 with George SeyboldPaid search, or Pay-Per-Click (PPC), marketing isn't new. But what do you need to know if you're just getting started?
- How to Create Advertising Campaigns that Make Men Do What You WantBroadcast on 5/28/2009 with Steve McNamaraNow's your chance to learn how to think like the Creative Director of a bigshot ad agency.
- Search Engine Optimizing Your Website, Soup to NutsBroadcast on 1/15/2009 with Stephan Spencer, Mark KaufmanIf you're a marketer looking for a fresh crash course in SEO, this 90-minute seminar is for you ...
- How to Motivate Online Action: Compelling Incentives for B2B Lead GenerationBroadcast on 11/6/2008 with Ruth StevensHow do you turn a B2B website visitor into a legitimate lead? With an offer they can't refuse. Learn more ...
- Customer Carewords: Words on the Web that Make the SaleBroadcast on 12/13/2007 with Gerry McGovernYou're familiar with search engine optimization and how there are a certain set of words that people tend to search with. But when people get to your website, a different set of words become important. These are "customer carewords." Choosing the right search keywords will bring people to your website, but choosing the right customer carewords will bring them through your website and complete the sale!
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, it’s become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
- Crash Course #6: Direct Marketing Creative SavvyBroadcast on 1/25/2007 with Lee Marc SteinThis 90-minute session will offer dozens of examples of good and bad creative. These examples will come from both B2B and B2C efforts, and from lead generation as well as direct sell campaigns.
- Crash Course #5: The Wide World of Direct Marketing on the WebBroadcast on 1/18/2007 with Jane WeberThis information-packed session will be a fast-paced scan of major online marketing trends and best practices. This session will offer examples from top marketers, including a successful magazine publisher.
Copywriting: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Five Scannable Hot Spots in Your Copy That Boost ResponseReleased on 11/7/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to highlight the key selling points and calls to action by strategically placing them in the five hot spots your readers' eyes gravitate to. You'll walk away with tips on how to develop more persuasive and effective copy that is organized in a way that will encourage response.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Rewrite Your Copy to Boost SalesReleased on 8/15/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three ways to revise and improve your email, website, or direct mail copy to generate a better response and boost your campaign profits.
- Take 10: Craft the Perfect Call to ActionReleased on 12/13/2013 with Lois BrayfieldIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to strategically create a call to action your customers will care about and will pay attention to.
- Take 10: Seven Easy Tips to Improve Your ProofreadingReleased on 8/24/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantLearn seven simple steps to making the proofreading process easier and more effective.
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10 Author Series: Eight Commonly Misused Words and How to Use Them CorrectlyReleased on 11/25/2011 with Mignon FogartyIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, famed grammarian and best-selling author Mignon Fogarty shares critical tips for remembering the correct meanings (and spellings) of commonly misused words.
- Take 10: Six Quick Tips for Writing SEO-Friendly ContentReleased on 10/14/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, you will get the low-down on writing copy that is keyword-rich but never boring or forced.
- Take 10: How to Hook More Customers with Tasty LinkbaitReleased on 9/2/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, copywriting maven Erika Napoletano gives you tips for effectively posting links on popular social media platforms.
- Take 10: 5 Rules for Creating Powerful Calls-to-ActionReleased on 8/26/2011 with Doug MetzgarIn this Take 10 tactical webcast, you'll be guided through a checklist of must-haves for creating calls-to-action that convert.
- Take 10: How to Write the Perfect Email Marketing Subject LineReleased on 9/3/2010 with Stephanie MillerPresenter Stephanie Miller, vice president of Market Development for Return Path, gives you valuable tips for learning how to build great subject line writing into your process in five steps. It's hard work to get a great subject line every time. These five steps are so simple they are almost deceptive—just like a brilliant subject line.
Copywriting: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.