Copywriting: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Wherefore Art Thou, J. Peterman? The Quest for Social EngagementDilip VenkatachariJ. Peterman is a brand with far more personality than most. However, somehow, it got lost along the winding road to the social Web, and it's a tragedy that's costing ...
Is Your Email Subject Line Creative... or Deceptive?DJ WaldowSo where does the line get drawn between a creative, compelling email subject line and one that is deceptive (and, therefore, illegal)?
How (and Why) to ID and Duck Wimpy Web Writers: 18 Telltale SignsBarry FeldmanContent is the treasure trove that connects customers to companies now. And where there's gold, you're bound to find miners. The problem is that far too many will be swinging ...
Lessons From the Greatest Marketer of All Time... Expelled From OxfordMatt D'alesioHe is, of course, David Ogilvy, who was given the educational opportunity of a lifetime at the University of Oxford, then expelled (for undisclosed reasons). Here are some lessons you ...
11 Foolproof Ways to Ruin Your Presentation Slides [Slide Show]Verónica Maria JarskiThe typos on the title slide and other errors in this slide show are intentional. Moreover, MarketingProfs sincerely implores you to not follow the advice herein as prescription. In fact, ...
Seven Deadly Email Marketing Sins, and How to Avoid ThemJames DuvalIf you're interested in optimizing your email campaigns at all, you'll steer well clear of the all-too-tempting email marketing sins of pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth!
B2B Content Marketing: Trends and Benchmarks for 2012Content marketing is gaining in popularity: 83.5% of B2B marketers surveyed say they are stepping up their content marketing production over the next 12 months, up from the 71% who ...
16 Smarty-Pants Who Changed Marketing [Slide Show]Verónica Maria JarskiTo inspire you in your marketing, we've put together a roster of 16 remarkable smarty-pants who over the past few centuries changed marketing—and, often, business itself.
Six Steps to Developing Creative Executions EfficientlyAdam GarsonHowever efficient your organization's processes may be, you're almost certainly experiencing endless rounds of revisions in the development of creative—ads, graphics, emails, press releases... Follow these rules to stop the ...
The Case for Short and SweetOnce in a while, we like to highlight a strong opinion, and Ron Romanski has one. In a post at the Business 2 Community blog, he says lengthy newsletters should ...
Copywriting: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
People Respond to Stories: Rohit Bhargava Talks Likeonomics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantRohit Bhargava, author and social media strategist, thinks business books need to be useful—to help you solve a problem you're facing. So it has to speak to you from the get-go, draw you in, and convince you it's going to ...
Why You Should Consider Hiring a Brand Journalist: Joe Chernov of Eloqua [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhy should you hire a brand journalist? In this episode of Marketing Smarts, Joe Chernov, Eloqua's vice-president of content marketing, explains why hiring a brand journalist can make all the content you produce better.
Copywriting: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: From Content to Conversation—The Changing World of Online Marketing WritingBroadcast on 5/10/2012 with Ginny RedishThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Marketing Writing Bootcamp will demonstrate how customers consume online content, share examples of effective online content, and provide practical guidelines for writing great online content.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Optimizing Content for SEOBroadcast on 12/9/2010 with Heather Lloyd-MartinJoin us for this exciting and fast-paced Hot Seat Lab where you'll learn best practices for writing SEO content that will achieve higher rankings in search engines. Plus, you'll witness several live website critiques where Heather Lloyd Martin will provide actionable tips for improving content in a way that will draw more customers to your site.
- It's All About the Click: Fundamentals of Paid Search MarketingBroadcast on 6/4/2009 with George SeyboldPaid search, or Pay-Per-Click (PPC), marketing isn't new. But what do you need to know if you're just getting started?
- How to Create Advertising Campaigns that Make Men Do What You WantBroadcast on 5/28/2009 with Steve McNamaraNow's your chance to learn how to think like the Creative Director of a bigshot ad agency.
- Search Engine Optimizing Your Website, Soup to NutsBroadcast on 1/15/2009 with Stephan Spencer, Mark KaufmanIf you're a marketer looking for a fresh crash course in SEO, this 90-minute seminar is for you ...
- How to Motivate Online Action: Compelling Incentives for B2B Lead GenerationBroadcast on 11/6/2008 with Ruth StevensHow do you turn a B2B website visitor into a legitimate lead? With an offer they can't refuse. Learn more ...
- Customer Carewords: Words on the Web that Make the SaleBroadcast on 12/13/2007 with Gerry McGovernYou're familiar with search engine optimization and how there are a certain set of words that people tend to search with. But when people get to your website, a different set of words become important. These are "customer carewords." Choosing the right search keywords will bring people to your website, but choosing the right customer carewords will bring them through your website and complete the sale!
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, it’s become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
- Crash Course #6: Direct Marketing Creative SavvyBroadcast on 1/25/2007 with Lee Marc SteinThis 90-minute session will offer dozens of examples of good and bad creative. These examples will come from both B2B and B2C efforts, and from lead generation as well as direct sell campaigns.
- Crash Course #5: The Wide World of Direct Marketing on the WebBroadcast on 1/18/2007 with Jane WeberThis information-packed session will be a fast-paced scan of major online marketing trends and best practices. This session will offer examples from top marketers, including a successful magazine publisher.
Copywriting: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Seven Easy Tips to Improve Your ProofreadingReleased on 8/24/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantLearn seven simple steps to making the proofreading process easier and more effective.
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10 Author Series: Eight Commonly Misused Words and How to Use Them CorrectlyReleased on 11/25/2011 with Mignon FogartyIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, famed grammarian and best-selling author Mignon Fogarty shares critical tips for remembering the correct meanings (and spellings) of commonly misused words.
- Take 10: Six Quick Tips for Writing SEO-Friendly ContentReleased on 10/14/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, you will get the low-down on writing copy that is keyword-rich but never boring or forced.
- Take 10: How to Hook More Customers with Tasty LinkbaitReleased on 9/2/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, copywriting maven Erika Napoletano gives you tips for effectively posting links on popular social media platforms.
- Take 10: 5 Rules for Creating Powerful Calls-to-ActionReleased on 8/26/2011 with Doug MetzgarIn this Take 10 tactical webcast, you'll be guided through a checklist of must-haves for creating calls-to-action that convert.
- Take 10: How to Write the Perfect Email Marketing Subject LineReleased on 9/3/2010 with Stephanie MillerPresenter Stephanie Miller, vice president of Market Development for Return Path, gives you valuable tips for learning how to build great subject line writing into your process in five steps. It's hard work to get a great subject line every time. These five steps are so simple they are almost deceptive—just like a brilliant subject line.
- Take 10: How to Select Your Keywords Using a Free Tool From GoogleReleased on 6/11/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerJanet Driscoll Miller, president and CEO of Search Mojo, knows everything there is to know about keywords. In this webcast, she walks you through the basics about establishing keywords for search engine optimization.
Copywriting: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.