Copywriting: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Boost Your Content's IQ [Infographic]Verónica JarskiWant to make sure your content stands out online? Make sure it's adaptable and intelligent. The following tips show you how to make it so.
Do Consumers Like Emojis in Marketing Messages?Ayaz NanjiHow do consumers feel about seeing emojis in marketing messages? Do their feelings toward emojis change depending on the type of message in which the emojis are included?
Four Ways to Woo New Customers With Sweet-Talking Web CopyLisa PiersonReady to learn how to woo new customers? Use the following four ways to sweep them off their feet with some sweet-talking Web copy.
How a Simple Story Can Help You Win Your Prospect's TrustTerrence BlairWhen someone first visits your website, it's unlikely she's going to buy from you, no matter how good your product or service is. She needs to come to trust you ...
Do People Read Long Articles on Their Smartphones?Ayaz NanjiLong-form news articles get roughly the same number of mobile visitors as short-form articles—but garner twice as much engaged time, according to recent data from the Pew Research Center.
Kill These 12 Content Marketing Software Bugs (It's Not What You Think)Ernest NicastroThese tips are for debugging content marketing software of a different sort—the words, phrases, and sentences that constitute your marketing content. So avoid misusing these 12 words or phrases.
How to Create Content Ideas for New Clients [Infographic]Verónica JarskiCreating content for a brand-new client can be challenging at times. The following infographic can make the process easier by guiding you through five crucial steps of planning and creating ...
The 10 Most Common Phrases in Viral HeadlinesAyaz NanjiWhich sets of words appear most often in the headlines of articles that go viral on social media? To find out, BuzzSumo examined data from the headlines of 1 million random ...
Seven Tips for Improving Your Content Marketing With Scannable Web ContentBrian Sutter, Kim KellerBad news: People don't read your online content marketing these days; they merely scan most Web content. But with these tips you can write scannable, easy-to-understand text that will boost ...
The Write Stuff: Is High-Quality Content More Effective?Ayaz NanjiIs well-written content more effective than poorly written content? Does it make consumers more likely to like brands, click on offers, and purchase products/services?
Copywriting: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Everybody Writes... Especially Marketers! Ann Handley Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketingProfs Chief Content Officer Ann Handley shares insights from her book, Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content.
People Respond to Stories: Rohit Bhargava Talks Likeonomics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantRohit Bhargava, author and social media strategist, thinks business books need to be useful—to help you solve a problem you're facing. So it has to speak to you from the get-go, draw you in, and convince you it's going to ...
Why You Should Consider Hiring a Brand Journalist: Joe Chernov of Eloqua [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhy should you hire a brand journalist? In this episode of Marketing Smarts, Joe Chernov, Eloqua's vice-president of content marketing, explains why hiring a brand journalist can make all the content you produce better.
Copywriting: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Make Your Copy Mobile-FriendlyBroadcast on 9/8/2016 with Roberta RosenbergIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to craft copy that gets noticed, read, and acted upon in the small screen confines of the mobile environment. We'll also share when to use pictures to tell your story and how to 'front load' important content your prospects won't miss during a quick scan. You'll leave with copywriting best practices and tips you can apply right away.
- MarketingProfs University: Establish Your Message ArchitectureBroadcast on 6/2/2016 with Margot BloomsteinIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to prioritize communication goals—ideal whether you manage web, social media, or print collateral. We'll discuss how simple tools like a gap analysis and content audit can reveal easily missed opportunities. You'll leave with the savvy to bring brand-driven content strategy techniques and thinking into your own work.
- How to Improve Your Writing With a Crappy First DraftBroadcast on 8/20/2015 with Daphne Gray-GrantIn this PRO seminar, we'll take a closer look at some of the benefits of crappy first drafts including how they make you feel better about yourself, allow you to use momentum, and help with planning. You'll leave with an understanding of why you shouldn't be ashamed of a crappy first draft but rather how to embrace the idea and write faster, better, and more fluently.
- MarketingProfs University: The Ultimate Recipe for a Great Brand StoryBroadcast on 6/11/2015 with Meg TrippIn this PRO seminar, we'll guide you through the brand storytelling tips, tools, and techniques you'll need to create something your audience can't resist—and that they won't get tired of sharing.
- MarketingProfs University: From Content to Conversation—The Changing World of Online Marketing WritingBroadcast on 5/10/2012 with Ginny RedishThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Marketing Writing Bootcamp will demonstrate how customers consume online content, share examples of effective online content, and provide practical guidelines for writing great online content.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Optimizing Content for SEOBroadcast on 12/9/2010 with Heather Lloyd-MartinJoin us for this exciting and fast-paced Hot Seat Lab where you'll learn best practices for writing SEO content that will achieve higher rankings in search engines. Plus, you'll witness several live website critiques where Heather Lloyd Martin will provide actionable tips for improving content in a way that will draw more customers to your site.
- It's All About the Click: Fundamentals of Paid Search MarketingBroadcast on 6/4/2009 with George SeyboldPaid search, or Pay-Per-Click (PPC), marketing isn't new. But what do you need to know if you're just getting started?
- How to Create Advertising Campaigns that Make Men Do What You WantBroadcast on 5/28/2009 with Steve McNamaraNow's your chance to learn how to think like the Creative Director of a bigshot ad agency.
- Search Engine Optimizing Your Website, Soup to NutsBroadcast on 1/15/2009 with Stephan Spencer, Mark KaufmanIf you're a marketer looking for a fresh crash course in SEO, this 90-minute seminar is for you ...
- How to Motivate Online Action: Compelling Incentives for B2B Lead GenerationBroadcast on 11/6/2008 with Ruth StevensHow do you turn a B2B website visitor into a legitimate lead? With an offer they can't refuse. Learn more ...
Copywriting: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Crafting Killer Subject Lines—Seven Techniques Your Target Can't ResistReleased on 3/6/2015 with Nancy HarhutIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to craft killer subject lines that will ensure your emails get opened. You'll learn how to master seven subject line techniques that will instantly increase your open and read rates.
- Take 10: How to Create Calls-to-Action That Drive ConversionsReleased on 2/20/2015 with Kath PayIn just 10 minutes, we'll reveal the secrets to creating a call-to-action that encourages the action you're after—whether it's downloads, sign-ups or sales. We'll discuss how to integrate your CTAS into your email program and how to make your CTAs appeal to your customers and prospects without being too pushy.
- Take 10: Five Scannable Hot Spots in Your Copy That Boost ResponseReleased on 11/7/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to highlight the key selling points and calls to action by strategically placing them in the five hot spots your readers' eyes gravitate to. You'll walk away with tips on how to develop more persuasive and effective copy that is organized in a way that will encourage response.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Rewrite Your Copy to Boost SalesReleased on 8/15/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three ways to revise and improve your email, website, or direct mail copy to generate a better response and boost your campaign profits.
- Take 10: Craft the Perfect Call to ActionReleased on 12/13/2013 with Lois BrayfieldIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to strategically create a call to action your customers will care about and will pay attention to.
- Take 10: Seven Easy Tips to Improve Your ProofreadingReleased on 8/24/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantLearn seven simple steps to making the proofreading process easier and more effective.
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10 Author Series: Eight Commonly Misused Words and How to Use Them CorrectlyReleased on 11/25/2011 with Mignon FogartyIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, famed grammarian and best-selling author Mignon Fogarty shares critical tips for remembering the correct meanings (and spellings) of commonly misused words.
- Take 10: Six Quick Tips for Writing SEO-Friendly ContentReleased on 10/14/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, you will get the low-down on writing copy that is keyword-rich but never boring or forced.
- Take 10: How to Hook More Customers with Tasty LinkbaitReleased on 9/2/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, copywriting maven Erika Napoletano gives you tips for effectively posting links on popular social media platforms.
Copywriting: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Perfect Pitch: Hit a Home Run With Every Headline, Subject Line, and Call to ActionIn this 33-page guide, we'll cover how to get those players into the best shape for winning over your audience. You'll learn strategic insights and actionable tips that you can immediately start using to up your game and improve your results.
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.