Marketing Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
A Well-Balanced Content Menu for Your Blog [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiKeep readers coming back to your blog by regularly serving them generous portions of hearty content. The following infographic by LinkedIn offers content ideas from the various blogging food groups.
10 Marketing Lessons From the World CupJosh HaynamThere are lessons for all marketers in these 10 marketing plays that helped the 2014 World Cup become the most watched in history.
Marketers' Biggest Obstacles to Effective PersonalizationAyaz NanjiMore than half of digital marketers (53%) say they always or often struggle with personalizing their marketing efforts at a large scale, according to a recent report from Neustar.
Five Quick Tips for Marketing Automation SuccessKim Ann KingHaving just completed a 60-day marketing automation implementation process, I want to share some lessons learned.
From Demand Generation to Revenue Generation: How to Become a Revenue-Driven MarketerGlenn GowThe writing is on the wall: Either demonstrate how Marketing will contribute to the company's top-line revenue growth... or be prepared to change careers.
How to Build New Revenue in Your Account BaseDan ZimanMarketers often miss revenue opportunities hiding in plain sight in their customer base. Here's how to take advantage of them.
The Most Effective, Most Used, and Most Budgeted for Digital Marketing TacticsAyaz NanjiUS-based digital marketers consider email the most effective digital tactic for building awareness, boosting acquisition, and increasing conversion, according to a recent study from Gigaom and Extole.
It's a New Brand World: 14 Things You Need to Know About Marketing Communications TodayLinda KearnsWhat does it take to work successfully as a marketing communications professional in today's world?
11 Ways to Market Your Brand via SMS [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWhether you need to breathe new life into your SMS marketing or provide more variety, the following infographic by Text Marketer can help. It offers 11 ideas for marketing your ...
#SocialSkim: Your Content Strategy, Facebook's Emotion Experiment, Google's Orkut, More!Angela NatividadReady to wave those Fourth of July flags? Before you do, get the skinny on Facebook's gigantic emotion experiment (which may have happened on your news feed). See how brands ...
Marketing Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Social Media Engagement: Kim Garst and Nathan Latka, at Social Fresh, Talk to Marketing Smarts[Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketingProfs' Kerry O'Shea Gorgone interviews Kim Garst of Boom Social and Nathan Latka of Heyo onsite at the Social Fresh East conference in Orlando, Florida.
The Mobile Commerce Revolution: Tim Hayden Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTim Hayden, co-author of the forthcoming book The Mobile Commerce Revolution, shares insights into consumer behavior, how mobile affects that behavior, and how marketers can embrace the seismic shift that mobile represents.
Brand Attachment: Larry Vincent Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLarry Vincent, founder and executive director of The Brand Studio at United Talent Agency, discusses brand attachment, including how marketers can use it to predict buying behavior.
The Digital Crown: Author Ahava Leibtag Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneContent strategy expert and author Ahava Leibtag shares practical tips for helping your organization develop a content marketing strategy.
The Digital Marketer: Larry Weber and Lisa Henderson Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFrom native advertising and content strategy to how the C-Suite has evolved, Larry Weber and Lisa Henderson discuss what marketers need to know to stay relevant in their industry.
How to Make a Lasting Impression: 'Clarity Therapist' Steve Woodruff Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Clarity therapist" Steve Woodruff explains how you can break through the noise, help people to understand your business, and ensure that they remember what you do so that they can connect you with potential customers.
MOOCs for Marketing: Matt Grant Returns to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFormer Marketing Smarts host Matthew T. Grant returns to talk with Kerry O'Shea Gorgone about developing online courses as a form of content marketing for your business.
Your Brand, The Next Media Company: Michael Brito Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Brito discusses why companies need to become publishers, and how they can transform their organizations to embrace this change.
Simplicity, Purpose & Innovation: CMO Margaret Molloy Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSiegel+Gale CMO Margaret Molloy shares tips for creating a culture of innovation, creating effective B2B content marketing, measuring impact, and hiring the best marketers for your team.
Shipshape Social Strategy for B2B: Jonathan Wichmann Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneYou think you have problems: Try pulling into port with a dead whale hanging off the bow of your ship! Jonathan helped turn that massive PR crisis into a defining social media success for Denmark's Maersk Line.
Marketing Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Mobile But Were Afraid to AskBroadcast on 7/10/2014 with Jamie TurnerIn this PRO seminar, we'll take a deeper dive into the world of mobile. We'll address some of the most frequently asked questions including how to get past the basics and take the next steps, how to measure the ROI of your campaigns, the most common mistakes made, and more.
- How to Use Twitter for Real Business ImpactBroadcast on 6/19/2014 with Laura FittonThis PRO seminar will take an in-depth look at how your business can source and nurture leads, build a community with real business impact, develop relationships with influencers and the media, and attract a very targeted, engaged following. You'll walk away with tactical tips, tools, and examples you can apply right away to put Twitter to work for your company.
- MarketingProfs University: Talk Savvy—Smart Communication for a Social WorldBroadcast on 6/12/2014 with Amber NaslundIn this PRO seminar, you'll get an insider's look at what's changed, find out what truly great online communication looks and feels like, and learn how to ensure you're "talk savvy" in today's constantly shifting social web.
- 10 Skills Every Marketer Needs to Enhance the Customer ExperienceBroadcast on 6/5/2014 with Larry Weber, Lisa Leslie HendersonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how customer experience leaders are using an expanded marketing toolkit to build a competitive advantage, one interaction at a time. You'll walk away with 10 skills that will help you provide a game-changing customer experience including analytics, marketing automation, website personalization, private and public social community building, and more.
- How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams on the Same Page to Meet Customer NeedsBroadcast on 5/22/2014 with John JantschIn this PRO seminar, veteran sales and marketing strategist John Jantsch will outline today's customer perspective and how to collaborate effectively with your sales team to adapt to your customers' changing needs.
- Using Buyer Personas to Make an Impact on Your Marketing ROIBroadcast on 5/15/2014 with Adele RevellaIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover a practical plan to ensure that your buyer personas have a direct, measurable impact on marketing ROI.
- 10 Keys to Creating a Winning Marketing ConceptBroadcast on 5/8/2014 with Martha GuidryIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the keys to marketing concept success. We'll examine real world examples to illustrate the challenges faced when creating marketing concepts, giving you a clear understanding of what an ownable positioning concept really is and setting you up to hit the ground running.
- Using Visual Stories to Create an Urge to ActBroadcast on 4/24/2014 with Andrew DavisThis PRO seminar will reveal the secrets to creating great video stories that actually drive revenue.
- Five Tips for Creating Email Subject Lines that Increase ConversionsBroadcast on 4/17/2014 with Kath PayIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss five tactical tips that will revolutionize how you write subject lines. You'll learn the secrets to writing compelling subject lines that can increase your conversions.
- MarketingProfs University: Finding the True Value of Your Online Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 4/10/2014 with Ruth BurrIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how web marketing programs should target the "sweet spot" between website performance and campaign performance, allowing marketers to take a whole-funnel approach.
Marketing Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create a Tactical Sales and Marketing Plan in Eight Hours or LessReleased on 7/18/2014 with James ObermayerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create your own SWOT analysis, and well-defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics. With this information, you'll be able to develop your own sales and marketing plan in 8 hours (or less!).
- Take 10: How to Create a Teaser VideoReleased on 6/20/2014 with Ken CossinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create excitement around your new product launch by producing a winning teaser video. You'll also learn how to promote your video pre- and post-release to ensure it gets viewed.
- Take 10: The Four Most Important Reports in Google AnalyticsReleased on 6/13/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which reports are most important, and how to use this information to assist you in future campaigns. You'll walk away with a better understanding of Google Analytics, and how to get the most out of your metrics and reporting.
- Take 10: How to Create Simple and Effective Video Presentations on a BudgetReleased on 5/2/2014 with Neil WalkerIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to create highly engaging screen presentation videos that are easy, inexpensive, and don't require you to be in front of the camera.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Use Direct Mail More EffectivelyReleased on 4/18/2014 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll look at the anatomy of a successful direct mail piece, dive into six reasons why direct mail is (still) effective, and show you how you to boost the ROI of your direct mail campaigns.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Find Creative Inspiration Outside the OfficeReleased on 4/4/2014 with Amy Marks-McGeeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three critical steps that will not only help you identify your brand's key values, but will allow you to develop these values into your brand's own unique musical vocabulary.
- Take 10: Three Simple Steps to Identify Your Buyer PersonasReleased on 3/28/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll take a look at some fun and effective ways to gain a deeper understanding of your audience (a.k.a. your "buyer personas"), and together, we will learn how to develop yours!
- Take 10: How to Strike a Balance Between Analytics and CreativityReleased on 3/14/2014 with Kathleen SchultzIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the top two skills an artist and a scientist must possess and how they mesh together to deliver sales and profitability to your business.
- Take 10: How to Ensure Your Target Audience Views Your ContentReleased on 3/7/2014 with Ran GishriIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the most effective means for content distribution and viewing, allowing you to enjoy higher returns on your content creation spend.
- Take 10: Three Principles That Will Increase Your Email Marketing ConversionsReleased on 2/28/2014 with Kath PayIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover strategies you can implement immediately to make a noticeable difference in the success of your email marketing campaigns.
Marketing Strategy: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Marketing Strategy GuideThis Guide explores the three stages of effective marketing, and how you can determine which approaches will give you the greatest bang for your buck.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.