Marketing Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Why Social Media Satisfaction Is Falling, Plus 11 More Stories This WeekChristian NeriThis week, falling user satisfaction on social platforms, Reddit's new plan to lure advertisers, Twitter's big live-streaming news, nine new and mostly secret Facebook targeting options, and more!
The Five Factors of Value That Drive B2B Sales and Protect Margins (Article 3 of 4)Mark EardleyHere's straightforward guidance on how to identify what your customers value, understand how value motivates B2B buying, break through the price barrier, and use value (i.e., create it) to justify ...
How Content Marketers Feel They Measure Up to Their PeersAyaz NanjiDo marketers consider their content strategies more successful or less successful than the strategies of their competitors?
#SocialSkim: What All Marketers Need to Know About Messaging App 'Line,' Plus 10 More Stories This WeekChristian NeriThis week, the hot $1B South Korean messaging platform Line, Snapchat's push to bring movie studios and TV partners aboard, how you can now target your Facebook Live streams at ...
Survey of CMOs: Which Emerging Technology Will Transform the Customer Experience?Ayaz NanjiSenior marketers say Big Data is the emerging technology that will have the biggest impact on the customer experience, according to recent research from the CMO Council and SAP Hybris.
Content and the Buying Decision Cycle: Guarantee Your Content Creates Sales (Article 2 of 4)Mark EardleyIn B2B marketing, to convince customers to buy from you, they must know who you are, what you do, and why you matter to them. Here's how to move their ...
Seven Instagram Best-Practices for Building Your AudienceVerónica JarskiKnowing the ins and outs of Instagram can help you use the platform as a marketing tool, not just a social network.
#SocialSkim: Amid Violence, Facebook Clarifies Censorship Policy, Plus 11 More Stories This WeekChristian NeriLivestreaming again dominates the social media narrative, with Facebook outlining its censorship policy after the broadcast of high-profile graphic content on the network, and Twitter's new push for sports and ...
Marketing Video: Personalize Your Outreach With Account-Based MarketingMalinda WilkinsonAs we move deeper into the digital age and continue to uncover the power of personalization, the ABM approach will undoubtedly become progressively more valuable in how marketing and sales ...
Three Tips for Building Internal Support for Influencer MarketingTodd CameronNo longer are marketers asking, "What's influencer marketing?" Today, many are asking, "Should we develop an influencer marketing channel?" or, "How much effort and budget should we put behind it ...
Marketing Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Self-Made Marketer: Fitness Author and Expert Lucy Wyndham Read on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFitness expert, author, and YouTube personality Lucy Wyndham Read shares how she dominated the HIIT (high-intensity interval training) market through endorsements, social media marketing, content, and more.
What Is Growth Hacking, Really? Jeff Bullas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGlobal digital marketing influencer, strategist, and blogger Jeff Bullas offers up the secret to "growth hacking" and explains why it's valuable for big brands and smaller businesses alike.
Not Everything Has an ROI (and That's OK): Virginie Glaenzer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing technologist and former energy industry marketer Virginie Glaenzer discusses sustainability, open source content, customer experience, and what it means to be an "awakened brand."
Marketers, To Do More With Less, Get Scrappy! Nick Westergaard on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBrand strategist Nick Westergaard discusses his new book, Get Scrappy: Smarter Digital Marketing for Businesses Big and Small, and explains how big businesses and startups alike can get more for their marketing dollars by doing more with less.
Chief Customer Officer 2.0: Author Jeanne Bliss on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCustomer experience expert and best-selling author Jeanne Bliss shares tips for creating a customer-centric organization and discusses her new book, Chief Customer Officer 2.0.
Innovate in the Boardroom (and the Mail Room): Christopher S. Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChristopher S. Penn, vice-president of marketing technology at Shift Communications and author of Leading Innovation, discusses why innovation will make or break your organization, and shares tips for making innovation happen at your company.
Insights From Ford Motor Company on Influencer Marketing, Content & More: J T. Ramsay on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFord Motor Company's digital media manager, J T. Ramsay, discusses Ford's influencer outreach, brand ambassador program, content marketing, and more.
What Makes Buyers Tick: Dr. Carl Marci of Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSecrets for sussing out what truly drives buying decisions and brand loyalty, courtesy of Dr. Carl Marci, chief neuroscientist at Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience and co-founder of Innerscope Research.
Marketing Smarts Special: Experts Share Their Holiday Wishes for Marketers [Podcast]by Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTwelve top marketing experts share their wish list for marketers: what they wish marketers would stop doing, and what they'd like to see more of in the coming year.
How GM Is Winning Over the World, One Soccer Ball at a Time: One World Play Project's Neill Duffy on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneOne World Play Project Chief Catalyst Neill Duffy explains how brands benefit from partnering with organizations to support causes, the way General Motors is sharing its brand message by providing seven million highly durable soccer balls to children in disadvantaged ...
Marketing Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Get Scrappy: Smarter Digital Marketing for Businesses Big and SmallBroadcast on 6/23/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, you'll discover how getting 'scrappy' can help you put brains before budget and simplify your marketing in today's complex world. We'll share a range of strategic frameworks as well as tactical tips that will provide you with a reliable system for rethinking marketing as marketing re-thinks itself.
- Apply an Agile Approach to Your MarketingBroadcast on 5/12/2016 with Jim EwelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to address two of the most critical tasks in agile marketing. Agile marketing expert Jim Ewel will discuss how to get you into the mind of the customer and understand what they are trying to accomplish—and why.
- MarketingProfs University: High-Performance MarketingBroadcast on 3/10/2016 with David NewberryIn this PRO seminar, we'll introduce the principles of agile methodology and lean manufacturing, and explain why these matter not only to manufacturers, but also to knowledge-based functions like marketing. You'll see how these principles can be applied to create a high-performance team. We'll also walk you through practical ways to apply these techniques in a day-to-day working environment.
- How to Host a Marketing Growth HackathonBroadcast on 2/25/2016 with Paul RoetzerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how marketing hackathons bring together marketers, executives, and entrepreneurs to brainstorm and solve business growth challenges in an interactive, single-day event. We'll give you six steps to not only conduct your own marketing hackathon, but also to help you quickly identify campaigns with the greatest probability of impacting business results.
- Content, Conversions, and Lead GenerationBroadcast on 2/4/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll analyze the birth of a lead, and deconstruct each page in the process, along with each stage in the funnel. We'll cover how content impacts the conversion funnel, from high-ranking blog posts to thank you pages. Plus, you'll learn which topics and types of content attract and engage visitors.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Elements of the Landing PageBroadcast on 1/28/2016 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll help you build landing pages that get results. We'll provide you with actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driven landing pages. We'll review PRO member-submitted landing pages and make real-time suggestions for improvements that will make an immediate impact.
- Algorhythm—The Pulse and Future of BrandsBroadcast on 1/14/2016 with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, Mitch Joel will explain why B2B marketers need to be aware of the new consumer-centric landscape. You'll learn how to successfully market B2B products by tapping into your own buying habits. Mitch will show how the world continues to change and challenge brands like never before.
- Eight Easy Ways to Amp Up Your Email List GrowthBroadcast on 12/10/2015 with Austin BlissIn this PRO seminar, you'll get actionable, no-cost strategies to collect the maximum quantity of email addresses and the tricks for keeping typos, errors, and bogus entries out of your database. We'll show you how to put these tips into action as well as how to effectively utilize third-party services to support your email efforts.
- The Presentation Revolution: Build, Design, and Deliver Compelling PresentationsBroadcast on 11/19/2015 with Scott SchwertlyIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn presentation secrets to help you build, design, and deliver fire-breathing, wing-flapping, roar-bellowing presentations that will have your audience hanging on your every word. We'll walk you through a step-by-step approach focusing on engrossing content, captivating storytelling, and the arresting design needed to deliver a top-notch presentation.
- The Recipe for an Integrated Approach to Event MarketingBroadcast on 11/12/2015 with Allison SagetIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the recipe for event success: brand recognition, lead generation, and thought leadership. You'll be able to use this framework to help your company get the most out of events and achieve your business objectives.
Marketing Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Build a Scrappy Brand BlueprintReleased on 7/22/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to build a five-part blueprint you can use to grow your brand's presence on any budget. You'll leave with actionable steps to create a clear and consistent brand experience across all channels.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Maximize Your Tradeshow PresenceReleased on 12/4/2015 with Justin HershIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three key ways to get the most out of your tradeshow investment. We'll discuss the importance of starting with clear and measurable objectives, share tips on how your company can deliver compelling experiences on the show floor, and show examples of real companies that put these tips into action to boost their booth traffic and ROI.
- Take 10: Make the Most of Pinterest—How to Harness the Power of Pins for Real ROIReleased on 11/20/2015 with Dana KellyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through Pinterest's content best practices and share effective content distribution tactics. You'll learn which content trends can help drive growth in your own Pinterest community. We'll give you the tools and tips you need to achieve positive ROI from your Pinterest efforts.
- Take 10: Your Guide to Quick and Easy Social Media ImagesReleased on 11/6/2015 with Cynthia SanchezIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how easy and inexpensive it can be to make images that will help your social media stand out and get the right kind of attention. We'll shed light onto the tools available to you and share tips to help you get started right away.
- Take 10: How to Successfully Describe Your ServicesReleased on 10/23/2015 with Gillian ValleeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to craft a top-notch services description that can help you win more business.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Gets NoticedReleased on 9/18/2015 with Nash RigginsIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through three simple steps to ensure your press releases make it to print. You'll learn how to craft a newsworthy angle, adhere to universal journalistic guidelines, and give editors just the right amount of spice to help your press release stand out from the rest.
- Take 10: Five Keys to a Better Direct Mail ListReleased on 8/21/2015 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the different types of prospect lists available as well as tips to help you select the right list to reach new customers. You'll also learn how to enhance and segment your existing marketing data to drive better results from your direct mail campaign.
- Take 10: Three Steps for Using Influencer Video to Increase Your Bottom LineReleased on 8/7/2015 with Mark LernerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple steps to source quality influencer video and use it to impact your bottom line in a meaningful and measurable way. Using these steps, you'll be able to implement a strategy that will help you reach your goals and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Take 10: Seven Steps to Social Media Marketing SuccessReleased on 7/24/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through seven steps to creating an effective social media strategy. You'll learn how to incorporate the needs of your customer, align your tactics with your business goals and objectives, integrate other marketing initiatives, and determine the ROI of your social media marketing efforts.
- Take 10: How to Beat the Weekly Deadline Blues (and Get Ahead!)Released on 5/1/2015 with Roger C. ParkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to map out your editorial calendar for the year with 12 easy, monthly decisions instead of 52 weekly decisions. With the innovative ideas and tips covered in this Take 10, you'll be able to effortlessly manage your daily and weekly marketing activities.
Marketing Strategy: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- Email Essentials: Chief Strategies for Maximizing Click RatesThis 32-page guide will teach you how to optimize your email efforts to maximize your clickthrough rates. You'll walk away ready to tackle your next email campaign!
- The Post-Mobilegeddon Survival GuideThis 24-page guide will teach you how to optimize your website for mobile so that your home base can be badged "mobile friendly" and earn the search rank it deserves.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Marketing Automation SuccessIn this 24-page guide, you'll learn step-by-step what to do to effectively plan, prepare, implement, assess, and improve your marketing automation program for optimal results.
- The Three Cs of Successful PositioningIn this 15-page guide, you'll learn how to research the three Cs, their importance, and their impact on the positioning process. Just as positioning is the foundation for successful marketing, understanding the three Cs is the foundation for a positioning strategy that will set you apart from your competitors.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.