Marketing Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Should Senior Marketers Be the 'Voice of the Customer'?Ayaz NanjiNearly one-quarter of chief marketing officers want a chief customer officer to take primary responsibility for understanding and interacting with the customer, whereas another quarter see the responsibility as their ...
Five Killer Video Marketing TipsDanny GronerNo matter what you're selling or promoting, video should be a consideration. Technology is no longer a hurdle, but coming up with the right message, tone, and approach can be. ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including Salesforce and ExactTarget, Great Branded ContentAngela NatividadWhat does Salesforce’s ExactTarget buy mean for social sales? What does great branded content look like? How do you pick the right Twitter name, or tweak pictures for maximum Pinnability? ...
Top Five Tips for Making Content Work for Your BrandNeil ModyTimely, pithy, and unique content is critical to establishing awareness and trust with your audience. The need for you to produce content is not going away. So how do you ...
Ensure That Strategy, not Tactics, Drives Your Social MediaRachel DiCaro MetscherBefore you can use a new channel, you must create a strategy around it. But many marketers struggle to create strategies. So, how can you begin to chart a successful ...
How to Use Content to Build Customer Loyalty and RetentionCraig Fitzgerald, C.C. ChapmanMany marketing professionals are having serious challenges in executing a content marketing program at a very basic level. How can you address those challenges and implement a successful content marketing ...
The Nitty-Gritty of Brand Story PowerCatherine SherlockUnderstanding the power of stories is one thing; knowing how to craft them is another. So, let's delve into some practical applications of story. I'll use case studies, annual reports, ...
50% of Moms Would Engage With Brands on Facebook If RewardedAyaz NanjiSome 81% of moms would buy more from a brand if rewarded, and over 50% are willing to engage with a brand on Facebook and other social media platforms if ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including a Content Marketing Children's StoryAngela NatividadLearn why Facebook's blue and how eBay plans to data-woo advertisers. Get the scoop on paid YouTube subscriptions, a better way to manage B2B expenses, and Yahoo's winning content deal. ...
Seven Steps You Can Take to Capitalize on the Mobile Video Viewing ShiftFrank SintonThrough apps or the mobile Web, on a phone or tablet, consumers are watching more and more video on mobile, and now you have some figuring out to do lest ...
Marketing Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Marketing Strategy for Colleges and Universities: 'Social Works' Author Michael Stoner Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Stoner shares insights he gained from compiling 25 case studies in higher education marketing, and how marketers can build integrated marketing plans that maximize audience reach using traditional channels, social media, and emerging platforms.
Cause Marketing and Autism Awareness: Jason Falls of CafePress Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJason Falls of CafePress talks about cause marketing, Autism Awareness Month, and how businesses of any size can give back to the community.
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
To Grow You Must Change: John Jantsch on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantJohn Jantsch believes that if businesses are to grow, they need to be ready, willing, and able to change. To navigate and instigate such change, business leaders need a clarity of purpose and they need to set big, audacious goals.
Educate, Entertain, and Inform: Kipp Bodnar Talks Social Media Strategy on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantHubSpot's Kipp Bodnar discusses why so few B2B companies blog, how to develop a social media strategy, and what roadblocks companies encounter when trying to implement their strategy (if they actually have one!).
A Holistic Approach to Content and SEO Strategy: Lee Odden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhat does it mean to have a holistic approach to content marketing and SEO? Since that's precisely what Lee Odden calls for in his new book, that's exactly what I asked him in this episode of Marketing Smarts.
How to Save Marketing From Itself: Ian Lurie and Geoff Livingston Talk LIVE to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Ian Lurie, CEO of Portent Interactive, and Geoff Livingston, author and marketing strategist, offer unique perspectives on how to rescue marketing from itself.
What Is Your 'Signature Idea'? Mark Levy Talks Thought Leadership on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThought leadership doesn't depend on what you think about your ideas and your perspective; it depends on whether other people are in fact following your lead. You don't choose to be a thought leader, in other words; you become a ...
Marketing Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Create Marketing Plans that Cross Channels and Deliver ResultsBroadcast on 6/6/2013 with Debra EllisIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create effective plans that make multiple channels and platforms work together seamlessly to deliver the best possible results.
- Seven B2B Marketing Confessions That Will Improve Your Marketing Efforts NowBroadcast on 5/23/2013 with John WallThis PRO seminar will provide you with a framework that will help you navigate our ever-changing field, and increase your odds of success.
- Marketing Campaign Strategies for the Social and Mobile WorldBroadcast on 5/16/2013 with Rebecca WardlowThis PRO seminar will help you get your mobile-first plan in place by teaching you how consumers are using their mobile devices to connect with businesses!
- How to Create a Monster Fan BaseBroadcast on 4/25/2013 with Jackie HubaThis PRO seminar will share seven of Lady Gaga's success lessons that can be applied to any brand. Be sure to tune in, and learn how to build a strong and loyal base!
- Getting Flexible: Working Content into Responsive DesignBroadcast on 4/18/2013 with Sara Wachter-BoettcherThis PRO seminar will teach you how to incorporate your content strategy into responsive design effectively.
- MarketingProfs University: The Expanding Facebook UniverseBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Jeff BullasIn this PRO seminar, we will look at what Facebook means to the modern marketer, given its central role on an increasingly social Web.
- Sharing is CaringBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Stephanie FilerIn this free MPU class from our MarketingProfs University course, Cracking the Facebook Code, you'll see examples of how Facebook can be used to attract and engage clients and learn how Facebook can be a powerful tool for non-profits and for-profits alike.
- How to Use a Customer Advocacy Program to Tap Into Your Customers' Hidden BudgetBroadcast on 3/28/2013 with Bill LeeThis PRO seminar will show you how a growing number of firms are devising creative and effective ways to involve their customers in marketing and selling for them.
- Trigger Happy: The Next Level of Campaign AutomationBroadcast on 3/26/2013 with Jonathan Lagasse, Ross MillerLearn how to use campaign automation techniques across your welcome, order confirmation, and other communications programs to significantly lift program response and transaction rates (not to mention dramatically increase revenue). Sponsored by Experian Marketing Services.
- Five Common Pricing Roadblocks (and How to Get Around Them)Broadcast on 3/21/2013 with Heidi CohenThis PRO seminar will examine five major pricing challenges today's marketers face and how you can overcome them like a champ.
Marketing Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: A Step-by-Step Guide to Product SelectionReleased on 5/17/2013 with Kathleen SchultzIn just 10 minutes, we'll share a comprehensive step-by-step approach to product selection that will step up your selling success!
- Take 10: Getting Started in Social MediaReleased on 5/3/2013 with Gail Z. MartinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to get started, engage your audience, choose the platforms that make sense for you, and more!
- Take 10: How to Create Mobile Friendly ContentReleased on 4/26/2013 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll get some easy tips on how to make your content mobile-friendly and easily digestible for your customers.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Keep Your B2B Email and Customer Data CleanReleased on 4/19/2013 with Mary Ann KleinfelterIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five things you should be doing right now to keep your customer data clean and up-to-date.
- Take 10: Five Keys to Creating Case Studies That SellReleased on 3/22/2013 with Gail Z. MartinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five quick and easy ways to put case studies to use for your business. You'll walk away with tactical advice for making your case studies stand out and achieving big sales results.
- Take 10: How to Motivate Your Customers to Take ActionReleased on 3/15/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to communicate best with your customers and motivate them to take action.
- Take 10: Five Rhymes for STORE Merchandising SuccessReleased on 3/8/2013 with Glenda Lehman ErvinJoin Glenda Lehman Ervin as she shares five pithy rhymes that will help you turn your retail store into the #1 choice for your busy consumers.
- Take 10 Video Series: How to Integrate Social Media Into Your Marketing StrategyReleased on 3/1/2013 with Geoff LivingstonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn four approaches for successfully incorporating social media into your marketing strategy.
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: How to Monetize Your Website with Google Ad SenseReleased on 1/25/2013 with Chloe SpencerIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover important tips on how to get your site approved by Google.
Marketing Strategy: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Marketing Strategy GuideThis Guide explores the three stages of effective marketing, and how you can determine which approaches will give you the greatest bang for your buck.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.