Marketing Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Four Tradeshow Marketing Takeaways From an #MPB2B Bright Bulb Award WinnerKristin VeachThe winner of the "Best B2B Marketing Project" Bright Bulb Award during the MarketingProfs B2B Marketing Forum offers takeaways based on common themes between her tradeshow campaign and the Forum's ...
Five Ways to Ensure Customer Participation With Mobile StorybuildingJoe GillespieWhether in the form of a book, a movie, or a marketing campaign, great storytelling will always resonate with audiences. As consumers become increasingly mobile and social, however, they want ...
From Smartphones to Smart Everything: Welcome to the 'Smart' Revolution (Part 1 of 2)Christina "CK" KerleyWe are about to move from an age of smartphones... to an era of smart everything. And in this era, technology will not only change how we market our brands ...
The B2B Marketers Guide to Dreamforce 2013 [Infographic]If you're a B2B marketer attending Dreamforce, Nov. 18-21, 2013, in San Francisco, you need a quick guide to all its B2B-related sessions and networking events. The following infographic by ...
Four Steps to Building Your Content Marketing Dream TeamKevin CainWhether you are new to content marketing or you are looking to re-evaluate your current resources, keeping these four steps in mind will help you assemble your dream team.
Five Mobile Email Strategies for the 2013 Holiday Season [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiHoliday shoppers are more likely than ever to use their smartphones and tablets while doing their errands. Check out five ways to reach those mobile holiday shoppers.
The New Normal in Professional Services Marketing (Article 1 of 3)Nicholas A. KosarProfessional services marketing is not normally known for early adoption of cutting-edge techniques, likely because its role tends to revolve around reducing risk for clients. But the world has changed, ...
Unlock the Potential of Real-Time MarketingJenn Deering DavisReal-time marketing isn't necessarily new, but marketers are now scrambling to understand how they can integrate it into their marketing mix. Here are a few tips to get started.
Three Easy Ways to Jump-Start Your Cause Marketing: When Marketing and Philanthropy IntersectChase CornettSome of the most progressive brands have discovered quantifiable marketing success in what may seem like an unlikely place: philanthropy. Here's how you can align your marketing with philanthropy using ...
Social Media Strategies: How Top Brands Staff, Budget, and MeasureAyaz NanjiMarketers at large brands are increasingly devoting a significant number of staff positions to social media: 46.5% of companies with revenues of more than $1 billion now have 50 or ...
Marketing Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
QR Codes Kill Kittens: Author Scott Stratten Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneScott Stratten's expressed his frustration with QR codes in no uncertain terms. His most recent book—QR Codes Kill Kittens—provides example after example of poorly executed marketing concepts that will make you want to laugh and cry at the same time.
Are You a Smart Sales Manager? Josiane Feigon Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneInside sales expert and author Josiane Feigon discusses her new book, Smart Sales Manager, explains how to manage Millennials, and shares insights into how salespeople can cultivate relationships with social-savvy customers.
Mastering the Invisible Sale: Tom Martin Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Martin—founder of Converse Digital and author of The Invisible Sale—discusses his secrets for using content and social networking to drive business growth without cold calls, advertising, or pitching.
Audiences Are Assets: Author Jeffrey K. Rohrs Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneUsing paid advertising to borrow someone else's audience isn't sustainable. Jeffrey K. Rohrs explains how to build a "push-button audience" that will serve as a renewable energy source for your company.
Tasteful Branding: Supermarket Superstar Chris Cornyn Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFood branding expert Chris Cornyn serves up marketing advice for would-be food entrepreneurs—including on the Lifetime reality series "Supermarket Superstars."
Create Contagious Content: Author Jonah Berger Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJonah Berger, author of the bestselling book Contagious, discusses how companies can use word-of-mouth and social transmission to amplify their brand message.
Angry Walnuts and Men's Health: 'ZERO--The End of Prostate Cancer' CEO Jamie Bearse Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJamie Bearse, CEO of ZERO—The End of Prostate Cancer, discusses nonprofit marketing, blogger outreach, and promoting men's health (even when doing so makes them uncomfortable).
Tips for Wrangling Content (and Cattle): Spredfast CMO Jim Rudden Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSpredfast CMO Jim Rudden discusses trends in social marketing, content strategy, and using existing content to make "content risotto."
Social, Mobile, and the Future of Sports Marketing: Michelle Andres of the Baltimore Ravens Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichelle Andres, vice-president of digital media for the Baltimore Ravens, explains how the organization rose to social media prominence in the NFL and turned its official website from a lonely afterthought into the online destination for fans.
Think Like a Rock Star: Author Mack Collier Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Mack Collier talks to Marketing Smarts about his book Think Like a Rock Star and the ways companies can meaningfully connect with their best customers (and biggest fans).
Marketing Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: How to Make Your Content the Belle of the Marketing BallBroadcast on 12/5/2013 with Andy FordThis PRO seminar and live kickoff class for MarketingProfs University's Content Marketing Crash Course will focus on current tools and best practices that will help you drive great content to your target audience.
- Future-Proof SEO: Immunize Your Business Against Search Engine UpdatesBroadcast on 11/21/2013 with Calvin JonesThis PRO seminar will explore how a fresh approach to search engine optimization can stop you worrying about search engine updates for good.
- Kiss Churn Goodbye with Data-Driven Campaign ManagementBroadcast on 11/19/2013 with Eric HelmerJoin us for this free seminar and learn how T-Mobile USA uses social network analysis combined with campaign management to focus marketing dollars on "influencers." Sponsored by SAS.
- The Audience ImperativeBroadcast on 11/14/2013 with Jeffrey K. RohrsThis PRO seminar will give you a clear understanding of the principles of proprietary audience development and a leg up on the competition who remain wholly dependent on renting audiences from others.
- Social Success: Tips for Integrating Social Media Into Your Marketing MixBroadcast on 11/7/2013 with Harry GoldThis PRO seminar will walk you through the practical steps you need to take to truly integrate social media into your marketing mix.
- The Remarkables: How to Win with Word-of-Mouth MarketingBroadcast on 10/24/2013 with Julie Szabo, Darren BarefootIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn what makes up a remarkable campaign and what role of word-of-mouth plays in campaign creation and success.
- Take on the World: Compete Globally with Customer Experience ManagementBroadcast on 10/17/2013 with Liz HighThis PRO seminar is not just relevant for the global marketer, as you'll also learn how customer experience innovation in one market propels a company's competitiveness and growth across the globe.
- MarketingProfs University: Seven Ways to Revive Your Marketing Strategy with Social MediaBroadcast on 10/10/2013 with Connie BensenThis PRO seminar will illuminate the potential business return of social engagement and outline content marketing best practices. You'll hear success stories that will inspire you to take steps to successfully integrate social media marketing into your larger business strategy.
- How to Avoid the Pitfalls of a Bad RFPBroadcast on 10/3/2013 with Cal HarrisonThis PRO seminar will help consultants and other professionals to understand their options when faced with a bad RFP, explore how to overcome the most common problem areas, and how to maximize their chances for success if they choose to proceed.
- Mobile Mixology: Key Ingredients to Creating an Effective Mobile Messaging StrategyBroadcast on 9/24/2013 with Michael PufferDuring this seminar you'll learn how to successfully create an intelligent mobile engagement program through a perfect mixture of mobile SMS strategies and tactics. Sponsored by Experian Marketing Services.
Marketing Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Ingredients That Turn Engagement Into Measurable Business ResultsReleased on 11/22/2013 with Rachel HappeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to build a successful engagement strategy that will help shape your business and bring in the results you need.
- Take 10: Appealing to The Ego to Get Great ContentReleased on 11/1/2013 with Ian GreenleighIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss four proven ways to create powerful "ego cycles" by accessing the egos of influencers and of your target audience.
- Take 10: Inventory Management Pitfalls to AvoidReleased on 10/25/2013 with Kathleen SchultzIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn what pitfalls to avoid by following industry best practices.
- Take 10: Six SEO Tips to Make Your Content ShineReleased on 9/27/2013 with Lisa GerberIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the principles of SEO and six tactics for optimizing your content so that your customers (and prospective customers) can find you easily online.
- Take 10: Agile Marketing—Managing Marketing at the Speed of the Digital AgeReleased on 9/13/2013 with Scott BrinkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover how agile marketing can be seamlessly incorporated into your marketing plan. We'll discuss ways to make your team more nimble and your campaigns more responsive to your customers' constantly changing needs.
- Take 10: SWOT Is Not Enough—A Four-Step Approach to Competitive AnalysisReleased on 8/30/2013 with Allen WeissIn just 10 minutes, we'll review a four-step approach to competitive analysis that will give you a much broader view of your competitive landscape. Plus, you'll learn to think more strategically about your competitors' next moves and the most effective ways for you to respond.
- Take 10: Tips for Driving Demand and Lead Generation Through Content SyndicationReleased on 8/16/2013 with Todd BlochIn just 10 minutes, you'll receive valuable, actionable advice and tangible examples for identifying and approaching appropriate outlets to market your new campaign effectively. You'll learn best practices for cultivating media partnerships with a variety of content marketing sources to generate fresh leads, acquire new customers, and ultimately, help scale your campaigns.
- Take 10: How to Collaborate Effectively and Turn Your Sales Team Into Marketing GroupiesReleased on 8/2/2013 with Peter GraceyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn quick, effective tips for collaborating with your sales team that will get them excited to sell harder and more effectively, ultimately turning them into marketing team groupies.
- Take 10: Merchandising Your Home Page to Increase SalesReleased on 7/19/2013 with Lois BrayfieldIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the three most important things to consider when merchandising your home page that will not only increase conversion, but also increase your average sale.
- Take 10: A Step-by-Step Guide to Product SelectionReleased on 5/17/2013 with Kathleen SchultzIn just 10 minutes, we'll share a comprehensive step-by-step approach to product selection that will step up your selling success!
Marketing Strategy: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Marketing Strategy GuideThis Guide explores the three stages of effective marketing, and how you can determine which approaches will give you the greatest bang for your buck.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.