Marketing Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
B2B Brands and the Super Bowl: How B2B Marketers Can Capitalize on Consumer EventsSandra FathiB2C marketers readily capitalize on the benefits of all the conversations and hoopla related to what are considered major consumer events, but the truth is... B2B companies can, too, and ...
The Best Days and Times to Post Content [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiThe most popular days and times that brands post content to various marketing channels aren't necessarily the most effective, according to a series of reports from TrackMaven.
Brands Are Using Fewer Marketing AgenciesAyaz NanjiSome 62% of brand marketers say they use two or more marketing agencies to support their business, a 13 percentage point decrease from 2009, when 75% said they used two ...
The Good and the Bad of Social Media Marketing [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiStill not convinced whether social media marketing is worth your company's time, energy, and effort? Here's a look at its pros and cons.
2015 Digital Marketing Budgets: Top Priorities, Metrics, and ChallengesAyaz NanjiSome 84% of global marketers plan to increase or maintain their digital marketing spend in 2015, according to a recent report from Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Does Posting More Content Lead to More Engagement?Ayaz NanjiBrands are producing much more content now, but the engagement with each piece of content is less than it was two years ago, according to a recent report from Track ...
Social Data's Influence on B2B Sellers and Buyers [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiSocial data has gone beyond B2C to influence B2B sellers and buyers. Here's a look at how social data enhances B2B lead targeting and guides the buyer's journey.
The Most Effective Marketing Strategies for Small BusinessesAyaz NanjiSmall businesses say good-ol' word-of-mouth remains the most effective marketing strategy, according to a recent report from Infusionsoft.
Ford CEO Mark Fields: Interactive Online Experiences Key to Car Sales [Video]Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFord Motor Company President and CEO Mark Fields—on-site at NAIAS 2015 in Detroit—discusses the importance of interactivity when using online channels to reach car buyers.
26 Universal Questions for Positioning Your Brand (and Creating Your Brand Story)Ulli AppelbaumHow do you position your brand for success? What is the most compelling story you can tell about your business? Those are two of the most substantial questions marketers and ...
Marketing Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Innovation in Marketing: Ford's Angie Kozleski Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFord Motor Company's global marketing and digital communications manager, Angie Kozleski, discusses Ford's approach to influence marketing, blogger outreach, event marketing, and social media.
Turn Customers Into Zombie Loyalists: Peter Shankman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor and entrepreneur Peter Shankman discusses his book, Zombie Loyalists, and the surprisingly simple approach that turns customers into loyal, passionate brand advocates.
Marketing Smarts Special: Mistakes Marketers Make and Lessons From Industry Experts [Podcast]by Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea GorgoneWhat's the biggest mistake marketers make? 15 marketing experts answer this question, sharing stories and advice in this special yearend episode.
Chicken a la Marketing: A Conversation With Author Mitzi Perdue for Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Mitzi Perdue, wife of the late Frank Perdue, shares business and leadership lessons from the way Frank grew a father/son business into a major brand.
Power Up Through Experiential Marketing: Shell's Chris Hayek Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Hayek, director of global brand management for Shell Lubricants, explains his approach to integrated marketing, communicating innovation, and creating experiences that bring the brand to life for consumers.
Growing a Global Brand Community: Dell Software's Dave Hansen Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGet insight into how big brands manage their communities, and learn secrets for making the most of channel partner relationships... from Dave Hansen, Dell Software global vice-president and general manager of sales, marketing, and services.
From B2C and B2B to H2H (Human to Human): Bryan Kramer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneB2B and B2C marketers both need to create marketing communications that speak H2H (human to human). Social strategist and author Bryan Kramer shares a communication framework all marketers can use.
The Marketing Performance Blueprint: PR 20/20 Founder Paul Roetzer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePaul Roetzer—founder of inbound marketing agency PR 20/20, author of The Marketing Agency Blueprint—shares tips for smart staffing and measuring marketing results from his latest book, The Marketing Performance Blueprint.
The Future of Enterprise Marketing: Sysomos SVP Amber Naslund Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSysomos SVP of Marketing Amber Naslund shares insights about enterprise marketing, the importance of corporate culture, cultivating brand advocates, and more.
Omnichannel Marketing for Brands: Mark Schaefer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, speaker, and author Mark W. Schaefer discusses omnichannel marketing for brands, content shock, Big Data, and more.
Marketing Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Make Something People LoveBroadcast on 1/22/2015 with Alexis OhanianIn this PRO seminar, Alexis will share personal lessons learned from co-founding reddit, the world's largest platform for online communities. He'll discuss how he built hipmunk (a travel search comparison tool) in a crowded industry, and created Breadpig, a thriving community to support creatives in the age of crowdfunding—all with next to no marketing budget.
- Strategy and Campaign Assessment: Re-Upping Your Marketing GameBroadcast on 1/20/2015 with Jodi WearnJoin us for this free seminar to learn a framework for evaluating and improving your digital marketing efforts. You'll discover how to assess and improve engagement, your creative (content), your database (list building), and your marketing tools (automation). Make 2015 the year you take your marketing to the next level. Sponsored by Silverpop
- MarketingProfs University: Customers Trump Analytics—Why Email Marketing Is About People, Not MetricsBroadcast on 12/4/2014 with Michael BarberIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the latest email trends and research, and dive into specific examples of email branding, acquisition, loyalty, and retention strategies. You'll learn how to maximize the return on your efforts through improved writing techniques, a deeper understanding of user groups and behaviors, and much more!
- How to Lead the Mindful Marketing RevolutionBroadcast on 11/13/2014 with Lisa NirellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how today's marketing revolutionaries have learned to stop, breathe, and reflect on the more human side of marketing to generate new opportunities and transform customer relationships.
- MarketingProfs University: Capitalize on the Content Marketing ObsessionBroadcast on 10/2/2014 with Ginger ConlonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the core elements of a lucrative content strategy so you can successfully capitalize on the current content marketing obsession.
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Growth HackingBroadcast on 9/11/2014 with Sean EllisIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to align your team and resources to take advantage of the new opportunities that come through growth hacking, as well as how you can put these strategies to work for your business. From finding new areas of opportunity to give you a leg up on your competition, to doubling down on successful channels, you'll walk away with a growth hacking framework that will help energize your marketing and find new wins for your business.
- Retrain Your Brain for Healthier MarketingBroadcast on 8/28/2014 with Lorrie Thomas RossIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the marketing concepts that set the tone for optimization, strategy, and most importantly, new behaviors that can directly impact your success. You'll receive a framework to begin the optimization process and set these new actions in motion, and learn simple changes that you can make to ensure your time and money aren't wasted, but invested.
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Mobile But Were Afraid to AskBroadcast on 7/10/2014 with Jamie TurnerIn this PRO seminar, we'll take a deeper dive into the world of mobile. We'll address some of the most frequently asked questions including how to get past the basics and take the next steps, how to measure the ROI of your campaigns, the most common mistakes made, and more.
- How to Use Twitter for Real Business ImpactBroadcast on 6/19/2014 with Laura FittonThis PRO seminar will take an in-depth look at how your business can source and nurture leads, build a community with real business impact, develop relationships with influencers and the media, and attract a very targeted, engaged following. You'll walk away with tactical tips, tools, and examples you can apply right away to put Twitter to work for your company.
- MarketingProfs University: Talk Savvy—Smart Communication for a Social WorldBroadcast on 6/12/2014 with Amber NaslundIn this PRO seminar, you'll get an insider's look at what's changed, find out what truly great online communication looks and feels like, and learn how to ensure you're "talk savvy" in today's constantly shifting social web.
Marketing Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: The 10 Web Marketing Areas You Need to Focus on NowReleased on 1/9/2015 with Stoney deGeyterIn just 10 minutes, we'll identify the top 10 online marketing areas you should be focusing on, and provide you with three action items for each. With your top 10 list and actionable to-dos in hand, you can eliminate the less impactful projects, and hone your time, money, and energy on what really matters and gives you the best ROI.
- Take 10: How to Develop a Dynamic Creative Briefing DocumentReleased on 1/2/2015 with R. Stephen RayfieldIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss the key components of a creative briefing document. You'll be able to take what you learned and develop a document that provides solid direction and parameters to your agency, internal marketing communications team, and/or any other group that has a hand in developing your product or brand campaign.
- Take 10: Six Keys to Creating a Successful Direct Mail Campaign PlanReleased on 8/8/2014 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six key points to address when developing a direct mail campaign plan. You'll walk away with the tactical tips and tools you need to increase your campaign's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Take 10: Day One With Marketing Automation, What to Do?Released on 8/1/2014 with Inga RomanoffIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn key steps for a full marketing automation migration, ensuring a quick and efficient installation. Learn how to design your own implementation plan, become an internal expert on the topic for your company, and demonstrate the true ROI of your marketing automation platform.
- Take 10: How to Create a Tactical Sales and Marketing Plan in Eight Hours or LessReleased on 7/18/2014 with James ObermayerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create your own SWOT analysis, and well-defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics. With this information, you'll be able to develop your own sales and marketing plan in 8 hours (or less!).
- Take 10: How to Create a Teaser VideoReleased on 6/20/2014 with Ken CossinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create excitement around your new product launch by producing a winning teaser video. You'll also learn how to promote your video pre- and post-release to ensure it gets viewed.
- Take 10: The Four Most Important Reports in Google AnalyticsReleased on 6/13/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which reports are most important, and how to use this information to assist you in future campaigns. You'll walk away with a better understanding of Google Analytics, and how to get the most out of your metrics and reporting.
- Take 10: How to Create Simple and Effective Video Presentations on a BudgetReleased on 5/2/2014 with Neil WalkerIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to create highly engaging screen presentation videos that are easy, inexpensive, and don't require you to be in front of the camera.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Use Direct Mail More EffectivelyReleased on 4/18/2014 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll look at the anatomy of a successful direct mail piece, dive into six reasons why direct mail is (still) effective, and show you how you to boost the ROI of your direct mail campaigns.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Find Creative Inspiration Outside the OfficeReleased on 4/4/2014 with Amy Marks-McGeeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three critical steps that will not only help you identify your brand's key values, but will allow you to develop these values into your brand's own unique musical vocabulary.
Marketing Strategy: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Marketing Strategy GuideThis Guide explores the three stages of effective marketing, and how you can determine which approaches will give you the greatest bang for your buck.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.