Personal Branding: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Seven Tools to Monitor and Promote Your Personal BrandWill MitchellGood personal branding is all about presenting yourself as both personable and professional. In this article you'll find seven tools and services to help you automate the growth of your ...
A Nine-Step Path to Personal Branding [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiYour personal brand is how you market yourself. In a matter of speaking, you are the product. Need help establishing your personal brand? This infographic can help you through the ...
10 Personal Branding Trends for 2013 (Part 1)William ArrudaAt the end of each year, personal branding guru William Arruda predicts what personal branding trends will be valuable to career-minded marketers in the coming year. He says many exciting ...
How to Design Your Business Card With Psychology in Mind [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWhen creating a business card, keep in mind that it will be a memento in someone's wallet or purse to remind them of your meeting. So make sure your card ...
Is Public Speaking Part of Your Marketing Mix?You've got a strong marketing mix—but does it include public speaking? "Whether used to promote a company report or in-house expertise, or simply to engender brand awareness, public speaking is ...
10 Tips for Successful Media AppearancesHelena BouchezMedia appearances are essential if you want to build your personal brand and emerge as a recognized industry expert. Learn 10 tips for mastering media appearances, and five key guidelines ...
Five Steps to Effective Brand Promotion [Slide Show]Thi Huyen Trang NgoThink back to your first job interview; friends and family likely told you to "sell yourself." It turns out, that is also the approach to successfully marketing your brand. Here ...
What Can You Accomplish in 10 Minutes? (A Lot.)In a post at Great B2B Marketing, Christopher Ryan recalls a fitness instructor who observed how members with New Year's resolutions crowd the gym in January—and often vanish by February. ...
Three Maintenance Must-Do's for Your B2B LinkedIn Profile PageContrary to Jack Donaghy's opinion of LinkedIn—("He's on LinkedIn, Lemon. He might as well be dead.")—the site has proved to be an effective marketing tool for B2B companies. As Amanda O'Brien ...
Personal Branding Trends for 2012 (Part 2)William ArrudaPersonal-branding expert William Arruda offers six more trends to keep in mind and on top of in 2012 as you continue to build, improve, and polish your own personal brand ...
Personal Branding: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Entrepreneurship and Women in High Gear: Author Amy Howell Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Amy Howell talks about how professional women can use their personal networks to build their career, and the importance of cultivating genuine connections online and offline.
Personal Branding and 'Reinventing You': Author Dorie Clark Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDorie Clark talks about the concept of personal branding, the importance of producing your own content as part of a reinvention effort, and how one goes about finding and benefiting from work with a mentor.
A Passion for People: Intel's Ekaterina Walter Talks Entrepreneurial Success on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"All of us want to belong, and all of us really want to make an impact, and some of us... we invent Facebook," Ekaterina Walter, social media strategist at Intel and author of Think Like Zuck told me during this ...
Personal Branding: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Brand Yourself: Busting the Nine-Second BarrierBroadcast on 3/14/2013 with KiKi L'ItalienThis PRO seminar will teach you how to establish a cohesive personal brand, have better personal relationships, and live the life you were meant to live.
- 'Where's Waldo?' Getting Found and Gaining New Business on LinkedInBroadcast on 10/14/2010 with Mark AmtowerLinkedIn is the near-perfect venue for attracting the types of customers you need for your business, but it is all too easy to be lost in the "crowd." This seminar provides tips and tactics that you can start using today to make sure you stand out and find business, from someone who uses LinkedIn successfully every day.
- You 2.0: Measuring (and Improving) Your Personal Brand on the WebBroadcast on 6/12/2009 with William ArrudaGo to Google right now and do a search on your name. That's the first impression many people will have of you! Do you like what you see?
- Connecting the Dots: How LinkedIn Can Enhance Your Marketing (and Your Marketing Career)Broadcast on 5/29/2008 with Jason AlbaLinkedIn is said to be the leading online professional network. In this 90-minute seminar, you'll see LinkedIn used in a number of different ways as it is a tool that can enhance personal brands, help you with research, give you access to new networks, and portray you as the marketing professional you are.
- All About Brand You: Building a Stand-Out Marketing CareerBroadcast on 9/20/2007 with William ArrudaWant to climb to the top of the ladder in your organization? Want to have managers from throughout the company seeking you out for advice? Want to advance your marketing career just by being yourself?Don't miss this seminar ...
- Google, The Secret Weapon for Career SuccessBroadcast on 11/17/2006 with William ArrudaIn this web seminar, you will learn the secrets to building and maintaining stellar Google results. You’ll learn how to build your brand on-line so you can build a powerful reputation and expand your professional success.
- Marketing Career Turbocharger: Put Yourself in OverdriveBroadcast on 1/6/2005 with William ArrudaThis seminar will give you everything you need to develop your own marketing career plan, including the latest trends in marketing careers and the tools you need to build your career plan for 2005. The seminar will cover examples of marketers who have achieved incredible success in their careers by using the techniques described.
Personal Branding: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Four Steps to Personal Branding SuccessReleased on 9/6/2013 with Dan SchawbelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn four steps to personal branding success, including how to set yourself apart from the crowd and how to maintain a spotless (and impressive) online reputation.
- Take 10: How To Create a Consistent and Professional Personal Brand Using Social MediaReleased on 12/7/2012 with Jill DuffyIn just 10 minutes, you'll get all the information you need to create a cohesive personal brand using social media and the Web.
- Take 10: Six Tips for Nailing Your Next (or First) JobReleased on 5/25/2012 with Heather RastThis Take 10 will give you timely and actionable tips for getting noticed by employers, keeping your competitive edge, and standing out from the crowd.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Fascinate People with 7 Key TriggersReleased on 9/30/2011 with Sally HogsheadIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, Sally Hogshead explains how people and brands become fascinating. She discusses how to capitalize on your competitive advantage and identify your most fascinating trait.
- Take 10: Tips for Building Your Online Profile and Advancing Your CareerReleased on 9/3/2010 with William ArrudaPresenter William Arruda, president of Reach Personal Branding, gives you the top 10 tips for ensuring that your online profile presents the image that you want it to be. He talks about Google search results for your name, deadly digital dirt, the three Cs of branding, and more.
- Take 10: Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile in 11 Easy StepsReleased on 7/16/2010 with Jason AlbaLearn from Jason Alba how to create a LinkedIn Profile that is powerful, compelling and that makes a strong favorable impression on the viewer.
Personal Branding: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Conducting a Marketing Job SearchHere's your guide to landing that perfect marketing job. Complete with exercises, checklists, and a whole boatload of advice, you can be on your way to a better, more challenging, and more rewarding position.
- Your Career Management GuideAs marketers, you juggle many projects, priorities, and agendas all at the same time. This life of multitasking sometimes means you forget one of your most important professional projects: managing your career. Although we can't help you find the time to manage your career, this template to managing your career can tell you how. With exercises, checklists and step-by-step guidelines on how to make this lifelong project - your career - your biggest professional success.
- Managing Your Marketing CareerNot only does your job require you to keep up with the new trends and strategies of the day, so does your career. This guide, with advice from some of our top career specialists, will help you identify you're strengths and weaknesses (sound familiar?), your true soulmate of a job and the best strategies for landing it. Even if you already think that you've got the career thing under control, this guide will give you new ideas and the tools to get to where you want to go, and beyond!