Marketing Analytics: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The State of B2B Digital Marketing AnalyticsAyaz NanjiSome 86% of B2B marketers say marketing analytics is very important for the success of their digital marketing strategies, according to a recent report from Regalix.
What Sales Pros Want From Product Management [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiMore than 100 Dreamforce attendees recently shared their answers to five questions from Wizeline about what sales professionals want from product managers.
The Top-Rated Digital Analytics ProductsAyaz NanjiThe use of the most popular and highly rated digital analytics products varies by business size—with larger enterprises relying heavily on paid products and small businesses using primarily free tools—according ...
Sprinklr Acquires Branderati: Why You Should CareAnn HandleyAs digital communities grow in both size and influence, so does the need to go beyond the number of community members and into something more meaningful: driving true business through ...
What Separates 'A' Marketers From the Rest of the Pack? [Infographic]Laura Patterson, Julie SchwartzDespite advances in data, analytics, and technology, only 26% of marketers are capable of determining the impact they themselves have on their business, according to the latest joint VisionEdge Marketing ...
How CMOs and CIOs Can Collaborate to Win: Lessons From the Fox and the HedgehogWilson RajIncreasingly, IT must turn Marketing's data into something more valuable and measurable for the enterprise. At the same time, in this age of the customer, Marketing is directing more technology.
Why Marketers Use Social Media Analytics ToolsAyaz NanjiMarketers find social media analytics tools most valuable for helping with campaign tracking, brand analysis, and competitive intelligence, according to a recent report from Demand Metric and Netbase.
Five Must-Have Insights for Better PPC Campaign PerformanceLarry KimIn data-driven marketing channels, such as paid search, having the most relevant and recent data possible is vital, because you're competing in real time (usually with real budget constraints) for ...
Marketers and Big Data: Barriers, Budgets, and OpportunitiesAyaz NanjiHalf of marketers are enthusiastic about the role of Big Data in marketing, and 31% are cautiously optimistic, according to a recent report from Infogroup Targeting Solutions.
Four Marketing Performance Management Resolutions for 2014Laura PattersonIf you've made your marketing New Year's resolutions, we hope you devoted at least one to marketing performance management. As inspiration, here are four to choose from, along with a ...
Marketing Analytics: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Fun With Data Science: John Foreman of MailChimp Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMailChimp's chief data scientist explains what "data science" is and how it affects marketing communications, product development, and more. He offers marketing professionals concrete tips for crunching numbers to turn data into insights.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
Don't Let Data Drive, Let It Inform: Beth Kanter and KD Paine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBeth Kanter and Katie Delahaye (KD) Paine, authors of Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World, discuss performance metrics and nonprofits.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
Every Message Must Be Relevant: IBM's Yuchun Lee on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAccording to IBM's Yuchun Lee, "every communication has to be relevant. That has to be the bar." So how do you make sure that the messages you send out, the offers you make, and the content you create are relevant?
Marketing Analytics: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- 10 Powerful Tips for Getting More From Your AnalyticsBroadcast on 3/19/2015 with Michele KissIn this PRO seminar, we'll provide you with 10 tips and actions you can implement immediately to do more with your data—no expensive tools required! Whether you have an analytics team or you have no support at all, we'll show you how to get more from your data and so you can stop struggling and start gaining valuable insight.
- The Power of More: How Knowing More About Your Website Visitors Drives Greater ROIBroadcast on 6/20/2013 with Marc Engelsman, Ben YurchakThis seminar will delve into some of the challenges marketers face when extracting meaningful and actionable insights from their web analytics data and lead you to more—more leads, more conversions, more sales, more ROI.
- Five Tools for Creating a Social Media Plan and Forecasting Its ImpactBroadcast on 11/29/2012 with Rex BriggsIn this seminar, you'll discover why social media beats traditional media in terms of ROI, how to deliver the impact you need to, and how to forecast and plan your campaigns.
- How to Become a Social Business: Your Framework for SuccessBroadcast on 3/8/2012 with Sandy CarterIn this seminar, Sandy Carter of IBM will share how you can create your own social business agenda for greater competitive advantage. You'll discover how to use social tools to create new opportunities for growth, innovation and productivity across the business network—employees, customers and partners.
- Measuring and Sustaining Social Media SuccessBroadcast on 8/25/2011 with Geoff LivingstonLearn how to apply SMART goals (Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound) to your social media campaigns and measure audience Attention, Attitude, and Action. Includes advice based on use studies from Dell, LinkedIn, the Humane Society of the United States, and others.
- Multi-Channel Analytics: Tackling the Toughest Measurement ChallengeBroadcast on 6/3/2010 with Avinash KaushikLearn how to run multi-channel analytics to measure your non-line impact. You'll get practical tips that will help you identify how to measure your campaigns (and hence claim as much of the credit as possible for your hard work!).
- Testing, Testing -- The Last (and Best) Direct Marketing TacticBroadcast on 3/15/2007 with Bill BairdYou'll learn exactly how to test, what to test, and where to test to maximize your marketing ROI. You'll leave with concrete principles and practical, real-life case study examples in both B2C and B2B environments.
- Evaluating Marketing Mix TradeoffsBroadcast on 10/5/2006 with Andrew Pierce, Chris GibsonIn this fascinating case study, you'll hear how marketing strategists from Prophet helped United Healthcare achieve its goals.
- How Marketers Win Friends and Keep Profitable Customers Through ROI AnalysisBroadcast on 9/21/2006 with Jim Lenskold, Dave SuttonThis seminar will provide guidance on leveraging measurements, data-mining and ROI analysis to align marketing decisions with corporate goals.
- Best Direct Marketing Strategies for B-to-BBroadcast on 4/13/2006 with Ruth StevensPresenter: Ruth Stevens is author of Trade Show and Event Marketing: Plan, Promote and Profit and The DMA Lead Generation Handbook.
Marketing Analytics: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Interpret Data to Create Great ContentReleased on 9/26/2014 with Hana AbazaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn what data can drive key areas of your content marketing strategy, including content ideation and content distribution. You'll walk away with a clear understanding of how to interpret your data, and how to turn that insight into great content.
- Take 10: How to Set Up Your Metrics for a Successful CampaignReleased on 1/24/2014 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll review the various data capture methods available, which methods are appropriate for each communication type, and the guidelines you should use to choose the right metrics for a successful campaign.
- Take 10: Selecting the Right Metrics to Measure Campaign SuccessReleased on 6/21/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines for choosing the right metrics for your campaign so you can get right to measuring your tremendous success.
- Take 10: Five Key Ways to Optimize Your QR Code PerformanceReleased on 7/20/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five keys to great QR code execution, including how to use QR codes to help build a stronger brand, how to entice users to scan your code, and how to measure the success of your campaign.
- Take 10: How to Easily Measure Social Media Campaigns on a Small BudgetReleased on 2/17/2012 with Nichole KellyIn just 10 minutes, learn how to integrate free (or inexpensive) tools like Google Analytics and HootSuite Pro into your website and social media campaigns to help track social media performance and report on social media results.
- Take 10: Discover What Your Competition is Worried (and Excited) AboutReleased on 1/7/2011 with Scott SwigartLet competitive intelligence expert Scott Swigart show you the way as he explains which sources to tap, what types of information to look for, and how to corroborate your findings when researching publicly traded companies.
Marketing Analytics: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Benchmark Report : Marketing ROI (Year 2)This 2006 survey, the second annual ROI study, demonstrates that companies are definitely getting the ROI message. This study shows a significant increase in the number of companies that have implemented some form of Marketing ROI measurements. And let's face it, Marketing ROI is here to stay. Jim Lenskold says, "Marketing ROI will continue to be a priority as long as maximizing profits is a priority for corporations." Well said, Jim.
- Benchmark Report: Marketing ROI (Year 1)In a 2005 survey, the first in an annual series, Jim Lenskold found that only 1 in 5 respondents was actually using ROI measures for marketing efforts -- 99% of those respondents indicate increased profitability due to the use of ROI. See this and subsequent reports for a full picture of the evolution of marketing ROI.