Marketing Analytics: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Five Big Problems of Big DataGerardo A. DadaThe idea of unlimited customer insights, in real time, guiding every decision, is attractive. But before you embark on a Big Data project, separate the buzz from the reality of ...
Inc. 500: LinkedIn Replaces Facebook as Top Social ToolLenna GaribianLinkedIn is now the most popular social media tool among the nation's fastest-growing private companies, surpassing Facebook: More than 8 in 10 companies listed on the 2012 Inc. 500 use ...
Building a Website Testing and Optimization Program: Measurement (Part 3)Kim Ann KingLearn how to measure and communicate the results of your website testing and optimization efforts in this third article of a three-part series on the steps you need to take ...
Digital, Direct Marketing Hiring Flat in 1Q13, but Hiring Freezes DropLenna GaribianJob prospects for direct and digital marketers have remained flat in the first quarter of 2013: The proportion of employers planning to add marketing staff over the next three months ...
Marketers Upping the Ante on Big Data in 2013Lenna GaribianMarketers are planning to boost spending on Big Data in 2013, hiring employees dedicated to analytics and building systems to keep up with the fire hose of information being generated ...
Power Up Your Marketing to Prove Business Value [Infographic]Laura PattersonNumerous studies throughout 2012 reiterated just how challenged marketers are in proving Marketing's business value. Some marketers, though, are cracking the code, and we can learn lessons from them as ...
A Three-Step Approach for Linking Content and Behavior: Measuring RelevancyLaura PattersonAlmost everyone would agree that content must be relevant. But what is the best way to measure relevancy? Many of the ways are complex, but here's a simpler, three-step process ...
Nine Steps to Better Conversions [Infographic]Nemo ChuOver time, insiders in the analytics industry have codified A/B-testing to help clients understand how it all really works. This infographic by KISSmetrics and Conversion Rate Experts highlights one approach ...
Five Marketing Decisions Social Media Should Be ShapingMolly Glover GallatinIf you're not deriving customer intelligence from social media to inform your marketing decisions, you're missing an important opportunity to extend the reach and effectiveness of your marketing efforts.
Three Valuable Lessons Marketers Can Learn From the World SeriesScott BatchelorWhen Pablo Sandoval faced Justin Verlander in Game 1 of the World Series, each had a season full of data at his disposal: what pitches Verlander tended to throw in ...
Marketing Analytics: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
Don't Let Data Drive, Let It Inform: Beth Kanter and KD Paine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBeth Kanter and Katie Delahaye (KD) Paine, authors of Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World, discuss performance metrics and nonprofits.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
Every Message Must Be Relevant: IBM's Yuchun Lee on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAccording to IBM's Yuchun Lee, "every communication has to be relevant. That has to be the bar." So how do you make sure that the messages you send out, the offers you make, and the content you create are relevant?
Marketing Analytics: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Leverage Your Data to Run Smarter Marketing ProgramsBroadcast on 3/12/2013 with Bill BrunoLearn how to connect the dots between your data, your analysis, and the actions your team takes to grow your business at this free online seminar. Sponsored by Tableau.
- Five Tools for Creating a Social Media Plan and Forecasting Its ImpactBroadcast on 11/29/2012 with Rex BriggsIn this seminar, you'll discover why social media beats traditional media in terms of ROI, how to deliver the impact you need to, and how to forecast and plan your campaigns.
- How to Become a Social Business: Your Framework for SuccessBroadcast on 3/8/2012 with Sandy CarterIn this seminar, Sandy Carter of IBM will share how you can create your own social business agenda for greater competitive advantage. You'll discover how to use social tools to create new opportunities for growth, innovation and productivity across the business network—employees, customers and partners.
- Measuring and Sustaining Social Media SuccessBroadcast on 8/25/2011 with Geoff LivingstonLearn how to apply SMART goals (Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound) to your social media campaigns and measure audience Attention, Attitude, and Action. Includes advice based on use studies from Dell, LinkedIn, the Humane Society of the United States, and others.
- Multi-Channel Analytics: Tackling the Toughest Measurement ChallengeBroadcast on 6/3/2010 with Avinash KaushikLearn how to run multi-channel analytics to measure your non-line impact. You'll get practical tips that will help you identify how to measure your campaigns (and hence claim as much of the credit as possible for your hard work!).
- Testing, Testing -- The Last (and Best) Direct Marketing TacticBroadcast on 3/15/2007 with Bill BairdYou'll learn exactly how to test, what to test, and where to test to maximize your marketing ROI. You'll leave with concrete principles and practical, real-life case study examples in both B2C and B2B environments.
- Evaluating Marketing Mix TradeoffsBroadcast on 10/5/2006 with Andrew Pierce, Chris GibsonIn this fascinating case study, you'll hear how marketing strategists from Prophet helped United Healthcare achieve its goals.
- How Marketers Win Friends and Keep Profitable Customers Through ROI AnalysisBroadcast on 9/21/2006 with Jim Lenskold, Dave SuttonThis seminar will provide guidance on leveraging measurements, data-mining and ROI analysis to align marketing decisions with corporate goals.
- Best Direct Marketing Strategies for B-to-BBroadcast on 4/13/2006 with Ruth StevensPresenter: Ruth Stevens is author of Trade Show and Event Marketing: Plan, Promote and Profit and The DMA Lead Generation Handbook.
Marketing Analytics: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Five Key Ways to Optimize Your QR Code PerformanceReleased on 7/20/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five keys to great QR code execution, including how to use QR codes to help build a stronger brand, how to entice users to scan your code, and how to measure the success of your campaign.
- Take 10: How to Easily Measure Social Media Campaigns on a Small BudgetReleased on 2/17/2012 with Nichole KellyIn just 10 minutes, learn how to integrate free (or inexpensive) tools like Google Analytics and HootSuite Pro into your website and social media campaigns to help track social media performance and report on social media results.
- Take 10: Discover What Your Competition is Worried (and Excited) AboutReleased on 1/7/2011 with Scott SwigartLet competitive intelligence expert Scott Swigart show you the way as he explains which sources to tap, what types of information to look for, and how to corroborate your findings when researching publicly traded companies.
Marketing Analytics: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Benchmark Report : Marketing ROI (Year 2)This 2006 survey, the second annual ROI study, demonstrates that companies are definitely getting the ROI message. This study shows a significant increase in the number of companies that have implemented some form of Marketing ROI measurements. And let's face it, Marketing ROI is here to stay. Jim Lenskold says, "Marketing ROI will continue to be a priority as long as maximizing profits is a priority for corporations." Well said, Jim.
- Benchmark Report: Marketing ROI (Year 1)In a 2005 survey, the first in an annual series, Jim Lenskold found that only 1 in 5 respondents was actually using ROI measures for marketing efforts -- 99% of those respondents indicate increased profitability due to the use of ROI. See this and subsequent reports for a full picture of the evolution of marketing ROI.