Customer Acquisition: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Average Value of a Facebook Brand Fan Increases 28%Ayaz NanjiThe average value of a brand fan on Facebook in key consumer categories increased to $174 in 2012, from $136 in 2010, according to a new report.
Four Foundational Elements of Marketing Analytics SuccessMark EmondA lot of marketing organizations today think that they are on the path to greater insight because they now have analytics technology. The reality is that it takes a significant ...
Build a Customer-Centric Marketing Automation StrategyMeghan Keaney AndersonThe if-then logic of the marketing automation process can lead to a snarl of over-communication, with only a loose relevance to the recipient's true interests and needs. It doesn't have ...
How Text Messaging Can Drive App Engagement and RevenuesThorsten TrappOne of the toughest marketing jobs today is working for an app developer. Here's how text messaging can attract new users and increase engagement with customers.
Turbocharge Your Content Marketing MachineAlastair KaneContent marketing is not rocket science, but it can appear so in the absence of a clear-cut strategy—and planning, without which your content marketing machine will be firing on three ...
Five Compelling Insights From HubSpot's 2013 State of Inbound Marketing SurveyDaniele HagenThe inbound marketing industry, though still emerging, is playing a vital role in how marketers are doing their jobs, although challenges remain, according to the just-released fifth annual State of ...
Four Tips for Building Fail-Proof Buyer PersonasJustin GrayWhether you think it, believe it, or discard it... the truth is that buyer personas are the start of every successful campaign. Every marketer knows that understanding your buyer is ...
The Importance and ROI of Events: Marketers Still Face ChallengesVahe HabeshianEven as events remain a vital part of the marketing mix, and a key channel for direct one-to-one customer engagement, marketing executives—lacking visibility into the conversion pipeline—don't have sufficiently effective ...
B2B Event-Driven Marketing: Triggers Your Analytics Shouldn't MissVince Stuntebeck, Trevor JonesThe retail industry has recognized that critical events in customers' lives can shift loyalties, or serve as opportunities to retain or upsell via event-driven marketing. That approach can also work ...
Why Lead Nurturing Is Like Hosting a Dinner Party (and Nine Ways to Do It Right)Charlotte VarelaLead nurturing and dinner parties require the host (marketer) to build and maintain relationships through conversation, rapport, and trust. And both involve careful planning...
Customer Acquisition: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Tension Between Marketing and Sales Exposed! Silverpop's Ellen Valentine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantEllen Valentine, product evangelist at Silverpop and my guest this week on Marketing Smarts, has an interesting perspective on the perennial tension between Marketing and Sales: Technology is to blame! And it's likely the solution, too...
Customer Acquisition: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Increase Engagement and Drive Conversions with Interactive ContentBroadcast on 4/23/2013 with Seth Lieberman, Michelle ChaplinThis seminar will discuss how interactive content marketing enables marketers to go beyond the traditional "sign up for our whitepaper" approach and increase response rates. Sponsored by Eloqua.
- The Art of Sales Conversations: Winning Clients and Increasing RevenueBroadcast on 10/27/2011 with Mike SchultzMaster the skills needed to influence prospects through better sales conversations during this insightful PRO seminar. Learn how uncovering your clients' needs throughout the conversation process can help you increase their desire to buy from you (and for full price).
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- 8 Triggers that Turn Customer Distraction into TractionBroadcast on 4/14/2011 with Adrian OttLearn how to manage customer time to your advantage with the eight key triggers that drive customer time and attention.
- Cure for the Common Website: Using Personas to Boost Site PerformanceBroadcast on 2/10/2011 with Mark O'BrienPersona development is one of the most important and overlooked aspects of website planning. During this 90-minute PRO seminar, learn everything you need to know to create personas and use them to develop a highly effective website.
- 'Where's Waldo?' Getting Found and Gaining New Business on LinkedInBroadcast on 10/14/2010 with Mark AmtowerLinkedIn is the near-perfect venue for attracting the types of customers you need for your business, but it is all too easy to be lost in the "crowd." This seminar provides tips and tactics that you can start using today to make sure you stand out and find business, from someone who uses LinkedIn successfully every day.
- Shift Your B2B Marketing into High Gear: Lead Management, Social Media & Integration (FREE)Broadcast on 3/25/2010 with Roy Young, and featured MarketingProfs B2B Forum SpeakersGet expert advice on how to turn more leads into customers through the latest techniques in lead management and integration of social media into your marketing programs.
- Seven Fast-Acting Methods to Drive B2B Revenue NowBroadcast on 5/14/2009 with John CoeIs your B2B sales force stalled right now? As a marketer, it's up to you to help them overcome economic obstacles in meeting today's revenue goals.
- Dialing Isn't Dead: How B2B Marketers Can Pick Up the Phone and Pick Up BusinessBroadcast on 10/2/2008 with Michael A. BrownWhen e-marketing hit its stride, you didn’t toss out your telephones, did you? Neither did your business prospects and customers.
- How to Market Consulting and Professional ServicesBroadcast on 5/1/2008 with John DoerrHow you market and sell consulting, technology and professional services differs substantially from how you market products. Generating leads, closing new business, and keeping existing clients happy and continuously buying your services requires a different outlook, different tactics, and different execution.