Customer Acquisition: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five Modes of Persuasion You Need in Your Marketing CampaignsTimothy CarterIf marketing is essentially about persuasion, then the use of highly effective persuasive techniques can take a campaign goal to the next level—whether that's attracting more traffic, earning more conversions, ...
Three PPC Landing Page Tips Hardly Anyone Takes Advantage OfJohnathan DaneIn PPC advertising, landing pages are crucial to performance. But not just any landing page will work for your industry or company. You can apply all the advice and best-practices ...
How to Optimize Your Email Campaigns With Interest-Based List SegmentationJeremy ReevesMost email campaigns do a lousy job of turning warm leads into customers. But with interest-based segmentation, you'll not just dramatically increase your results... you'll do so without annoying prospects.
Best-Practices for Increasing Your Online Form's Conversion RateChad ReidLeft unsupervised, your online forms can cause a lot of trouble for your conversions. However, optimize your forms for performance and they'll become your website's greatest money-making asset. The choice ...
Nine Ways to Cut the Fat From Your Performance Marketing ProgramsTracy KemmerPerformance marketing demands objective ways to evaluate what's working (vendors, channels, media, creative...) and how your strategies and tactics are affecting the bottom line, margins, and cost efficiency. These nine ...
Seven Ways to Increase Your Webinar RegistrationsLauren BarberWith the right strategy in place, webinars can generate high-quality leads and drastically increase revenue. But they—and you—can't do any of that if you can't get people to register and ...
Three Ways Niche Players Can Connect With the C-SuiteTom WhatleyWe all have dream clients—company logos we'd love to place on our homepage. The only way to get there, in most cases, is by engaging with senior decision-makers over time—starting ...
Five Surprising Ways to Write Addictive Business Blog PostsLisa PiersonSo frustrating: You work hard. You know your industry inside and out. You offer something nobody else does. And you take precious time to write about it in your business ...
How to Set Up a Local AdWords PPC Campaign That Kills the Competition (Part 2 of 2)Corey ZeimenAre the leads you're getting from Google in too short supply for your taste? That no longer has to be the case, because you now have the definitive guide to ...
Ignoring Mobile? Then Say Goodbye to Your Marketing PlanPaul RuppertWhen you ignore mobile, you miss a huge opportunity to engage with your current and potential customers, capture their interest, and generate leads. Here's how you can successfully integrate mobile ...
Customer Acquisition: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Mastering the Invisible Sale: Tom Martin Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Martin—founder of Converse Digital and author of The Invisible Sale—discusses his secrets for using content and social networking to drive business growth without cold calls, advertising, or pitching.
Whiteboard Selling: Author Corey Sommers Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCorey Sommers, SVP of whiteboard strategy at Corporate Visions, is also co-founder of WhiteboardSelling, where he was CMO. In this episode of Marketing Smarts, he discusses the book he co-wrote with David Jenkins, Whiteboard Selling: Empowering Sales Through Visuals.
The Tension Between Marketing and Sales Exposed! Silverpop's Ellen Valentine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantEllen Valentine, product evangelist at Silverpop and my guest this week on Marketing Smarts, has an interesting perspective on the perennial tension between Marketing and Sales: Technology is to blame! And it's likely the solution, too...
Customer Acquisition: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Referral Dos & Don'ts: The 2016 Hit ListBroadcast on 4/19/2016 with Jen Gray, Reed KamlerJoin us for this free seminar to see what mistakes to avoid and how to create a referral program that blows everyone away in 2016. Sponsored by Extole
- Smarketing—What It Is and Why You Need to Master ItBroadcast on 9/24/2015 with Peter StrohkorbIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the recent phenomenon of smarketing: sales and marketing working together to be competitive in the new buyer's journey. We'll share examples of highly collaborative companies that have applied smarketing and the role it played in their success. You'll leave with actionable advice on how you can introduce this concept to your organization and an understanding of the benefits it can offer.
- Capturing Customers: How to Transition From Product Promoters to Trusted AdvisersBroadcast on 6/18/2015 with Carla JohnsonIn this PRO seminar, we'll talk about why marketers need to change their approach to capture and keep buyer attention. You'll learn how to transition your marketing from being product-centered into thought leadership centered, and ultimately, how to establish yourself as a trusted adviser within your industry. We'll also share the tactics that the best B2B brands are using to do exactly this.
- MarketingProfs University: Modern Sales and Marketing AlignmentBroadcast on 4/9/2015 with Mathew SweezeyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss modern strategies and sales tools for aligning your marketing campaigns to support sales goals and show you how to identify sales-ready leads using behavioral scoring. You'll learn specific techniques to predict future lead handoffs, hold sales accountable for passed leads, and put safety nets in place to catch any that fall through the cracks.
- How to Turn Trade Show Leads Into Trade Show SalesBroadcast on 9/18/2014 with Jim BerettaIn this PRO seminar, we'll share proven tips and techniques that will help you continue the conversation after the show, extending the life of the event and your marketing budget. You'll learn how to master trade show data that can lead to big results for your company.
- The Art of Sales Conversations: Winning Clients and Increasing RevenueBroadcast on 10/27/2011 with Mike SchultzMaster the skills needed to influence prospects through better sales conversations during this insightful PRO seminar. Learn how uncovering your clients' needs throughout the conversation process can help you increase their desire to buy from you (and for full price).
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- 8 Triggers that Turn Customer Distraction into TractionBroadcast on 4/14/2011 with Adrian OttLearn how to manage customer time to your advantage with the eight key triggers that drive customer time and attention.
- Cure for the Common Website: Using Personas to Boost Site PerformanceBroadcast on 2/10/2011 with Mark O'BrienPersona development is one of the most important and overlooked aspects of website planning. During this 90-minute PRO seminar, learn everything you need to know to create personas and use them to develop a highly effective website.
- 'Where's Waldo?' Getting Found and Gaining New Business on LinkedInBroadcast on 10/14/2010 with Mark AmtowerLinkedIn is the near-perfect venue for attracting the types of customers you need for your business, but it is all too easy to be lost in the "crowd." This seminar provides tips and tactics that you can start using today to make sure you stand out and find business, from someone who uses LinkedIn successfully every day.
Customer Acquisition: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Attract Customers to Your Tradeshow BoothReleased on 5/29/2015 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven key customer attraction strategies to ensure a consistent flow of traffic to your booth. We'll go beyond how to pick the ideal booth location and will provide you with tips on how to train your team to drive attendees in, booth promotions that work, creative differentiation ideas, and more—so you'll leave each event with a list of qualified leads and a positive ROI.
- Take 10: How to Become a Trade Show Rock Star—10 Trade Show Pitfalls to AvoidReleased on 9/19/2014 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about 10 trade show pitfalls and how you can avoid them. Eliminating these trade show 'fails' will save you time and money, and help you release your inner trade show rock star.