Customer Acquisition: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five Steps to Successful Experience-Driven CommerceLoni StarkCompeting on price is not a sustainable strategy for most businesses. So, instead of asking "how low can I go?" ask "how high can I set the bar to deliver ...
Marketing Automation: The Need for a Behavior-Based ProgramEllen ValentineNow, more than ever, buyers have more control over the sales cycle. Marketers must therefore evolve with the buying cycle and find new ways to own the early part of ...
Make Content Marketing Authentic: The Case of Customer StoriesJay PinkertMany see content marketing as just that—marketing. But smart marketers know that what they're delivering is a great story—so long as it's a true story, even if it's not perfect...
13 'Secrets' to Engaging Your Blog Site VisitorsMichelle RebeccaYou want return visitors who are engaged by your blog content, because they are the folks most likely to convert to customers. The following "secrets" will help you turn casual ...
Companies Unaware of Slow Sales Response Times to Online LeadsAyaz NanjiCompanies have very optimistic views as to how fast they deal with Web leads—with nearly 25% saying that they respond by phone to online leads within five minutes. However, in ...
Small Businesses Find ROI in Social Media [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiA new study from Manta provides insight from more than 1,200 small-business owners regarding their top concerns, such as social media and ROI. Manta then created the following infographic from ...
Average Value of a Facebook Brand Fan Increases 28%Ayaz NanjiThe average value of a brand fan on Facebook in key consumer categories increased to $174 in 2012, from $136 in 2010, according to a new report.
Four Foundational Elements of Marketing Analytics SuccessMark EmondA lot of marketing organizations today think that they are on the path to greater insight because they now have analytics technology. The reality is that it takes a significant ...
Build a Customer-Centric Marketing Automation StrategyMeghan Keaney AndersonThe if-then logic of the marketing automation process can lead to a snarl of over-communication, with only a loose relevance to the recipient's true interests and needs. It doesn't have ...
How Text Messaging Can Drive App Engagement and RevenuesThorsten TrappOne of the toughest marketing jobs today is working for an app developer. Here's how text messaging can attract new users and increase engagement with customers.
Customer Acquisition: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Tension Between Marketing and Sales Exposed! Silverpop's Ellen Valentine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantEllen Valentine, product evangelist at Silverpop and my guest this week on Marketing Smarts, has an interesting perspective on the perennial tension between Marketing and Sales: Technology is to blame! And it's likely the solution, too...
Customer Acquisition: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- What Marketing Can Learn From Sales: An Introduction to Account-Based MarketingBroadcast on 5/21/2013 with Jason Stewart, Amy HoltzmanRegister today and join us for this eye-opening look into the prospecting process and how account-based marketing can change your sales funnel: What Marketing Can Learn From Sales: An Introduction to the Account-Based Marketing Approach, on Thursday, May 21, 1pm ET.
- How to Increase Engagement and Drive Conversions with Interactive ContentBroadcast on 4/23/2013 with Seth Lieberman, Michelle ChaplinThis seminar will discuss how interactive content marketing enables marketers to go beyond the traditional "sign up for our whitepaper" approach and increase response rates. Sponsored by Eloqua.
- The Art of Sales Conversations: Winning Clients and Increasing RevenueBroadcast on 10/27/2011 with Mike SchultzMaster the skills needed to influence prospects through better sales conversations during this insightful PRO seminar. Learn how uncovering your clients' needs throughout the conversation process can help you increase their desire to buy from you (and for full price).
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- 8 Triggers that Turn Customer Distraction into TractionBroadcast on 4/14/2011 with Adrian OttLearn how to manage customer time to your advantage with the eight key triggers that drive customer time and attention.
- Cure for the Common Website: Using Personas to Boost Site PerformanceBroadcast on 2/10/2011 with Mark O'BrienPersona development is one of the most important and overlooked aspects of website planning. During this 90-minute PRO seminar, learn everything you need to know to create personas and use them to develop a highly effective website.
- 'Where's Waldo?' Getting Found and Gaining New Business on LinkedInBroadcast on 10/14/2010 with Mark AmtowerLinkedIn is the near-perfect venue for attracting the types of customers you need for your business, but it is all too easy to be lost in the "crowd." This seminar provides tips and tactics that you can start using today to make sure you stand out and find business, from someone who uses LinkedIn successfully every day.
- Shift Your B2B Marketing into High Gear: Lead Management, Social Media & Integration (FREE)Broadcast on 3/25/2010 with Roy Young, and featured MarketingProfs B2B Forum SpeakersGet expert advice on how to turn more leads into customers through the latest techniques in lead management and integration of social media into your marketing programs.
- Seven Fast-Acting Methods to Drive B2B Revenue NowBroadcast on 5/14/2009 with John CoeIs your B2B sales force stalled right now? As a marketer, it's up to you to help them overcome economic obstacles in meeting today's revenue goals.
- Dialing Isn't Dead: How B2B Marketers Can Pick Up the Phone and Pick Up BusinessBroadcast on 10/2/2008 with Michael A. BrownWhen e-marketing hit its stride, you didn’t toss out your telephones, did you? Neither did your business prospects and customers.