Customer Acquisition: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five Proven Elements of B2B C-Suite MarketingTom WhatleyFor many B2B marketers, getting in front of senior decision-makers is tough to do. So how can you get the C-suite to hear your marketing message? These five elements will ...
Five Incredibly Specific Tactics for Writing Enchanting CopySonja JobsonThe Web is chock-full of boring copy. But your website doesn't need to hang out with that crowd. Creating copy that connects with your audience is easier than you think; ...
How to Build Sales Tools (Content and Collateral) That Actually WorkMark YeagerCompanies and marketers are wasting time and resources on creating sales materials that are not what sales teams need. What can be done to give Sales effective tools it can ...
Put the 'Person' in Personalization in Five StepsRoz LemieuxHow can you effectively deliver personalized communications to a consumer base of thousands or even millions of customers and prospects? These five steps can help.
Three Deceptively Simple (but Powerful) Tips for Writing Persuasive Landing Page CopyAmanda DureposWriting landing page copy that converts like crazy isn't as simple as running through a checklist of best-practices. But it is as simple as following these three super-powerful pointers.
Don't Kill Your Sales! Top 3 Shopping Cart TurnoffsLiesha PetrovichHere are three of the biggest shopping cart turnoffs that can kill your e-commerce sales—and some easy solutions to keep customers engaged throughout the checkout process.
How to Track Your Tradeshow ROIPeter SymondsFrom renting floor space to designing and building your booth, tradeshow costs can quickly add up—into a five-figure sum. Which is why it's essential to also measure how much you ...
10 Ways to Improve Shopping Cart ConversionsJohn WieberAfter your website visitors arrive at your online shopping cart, it's simply a shame if your cart then fails you by not helping you achieve the conversion.
Three Ways to Make Your Phone Presence a Key Driver in Your Marketing MixTristan BarnumThe voice channel is not going away any time soon, so spend time considering your options and planning, and be strategic about the branding and marketing opportunities your phone presence ...
How to Choose the Right Tradeshow Booth Location: 10 Things You Need to ConsiderRob MurphyYour booth's location at a tradeshow can be either beneficial or harmful. Here's how to make sure you're prepared to select the best location possible for your company's both.
Customer Acquisition: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Mastering the Invisible Sale: Tom Martin Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Martin—founder of Converse Digital and author of The Invisible Sale—discusses his secrets for using content and social networking to drive business growth without cold calls, advertising, or pitching.
Whiteboard Selling: Author Corey Sommers Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCorey Sommers, SVP of whiteboard strategy at Corporate Visions, is also co-founder of WhiteboardSelling, where he was CMO. In this episode of Marketing Smarts, he discusses the book he co-wrote with David Jenkins, Whiteboard Selling: Empowering Sales Through Visuals.
The Tension Between Marketing and Sales Exposed! Silverpop's Ellen Valentine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantEllen Valentine, product evangelist at Silverpop and my guest this week on Marketing Smarts, has an interesting perspective on the perennial tension between Marketing and Sales: Technology is to blame! And it's likely the solution, too...
Customer Acquisition: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Enterprise Scale Refer-a-Friend: Your Best Acquisition ChannelBroadcast on 5/19/2015 with Jen Gray, Jordan ReedJoin us for this free seminar to learn how to give everyone who interacts with your brand the tools and desire to easily refer your brand. You'll also discover how to gather referral and social data for a better understanding of your customers. And best of all, you'll learn how a referral program can help you drive customer acquisition and revenue. Sponsored by Extole
- MarketingProfs University: Modern Sales and Marketing AlignmentBroadcast on 4/9/2015 with Mathew SweezeyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss modern strategies and sales tools for aligning your marketing campaigns to support sales goals and show you how to identify sales-ready leads using behavioral scoring. You'll learn specific techniques to predict future lead handoffs, hold sales accountable for passed leads, and put safety nets in place to catch any that fall through the cracks.
- How to Turn Trade Show Leads Into Trade Show SalesBroadcast on 9/18/2014 with Jim BerettaIn this PRO seminar, we'll share proven tips and techniques that will help you continue the conversation after the show, extending the life of the event and your marketing budget. You'll learn how to master trade show data that can lead to big results for your company.
- The Art of Sales Conversations: Winning Clients and Increasing RevenueBroadcast on 10/27/2011 with Mike SchultzMaster the skills needed to influence prospects through better sales conversations during this insightful PRO seminar. Learn how uncovering your clients' needs throughout the conversation process can help you increase their desire to buy from you (and for full price).
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- 8 Triggers that Turn Customer Distraction into TractionBroadcast on 4/14/2011 with Adrian OttLearn how to manage customer time to your advantage with the eight key triggers that drive customer time and attention.
- Cure for the Common Website: Using Personas to Boost Site PerformanceBroadcast on 2/10/2011 with Mark O'BrienPersona development is one of the most important and overlooked aspects of website planning. During this 90-minute PRO seminar, learn everything you need to know to create personas and use them to develop a highly effective website.
- 'Where's Waldo?' Getting Found and Gaining New Business on LinkedInBroadcast on 10/14/2010 with Mark AmtowerLinkedIn is the near-perfect venue for attracting the types of customers you need for your business, but it is all too easy to be lost in the "crowd." This seminar provides tips and tactics that you can start using today to make sure you stand out and find business, from someone who uses LinkedIn successfully every day.
- Shift Your B2B Marketing into High Gear: Lead Management, Social Media & Integration (FREE)Broadcast on 3/25/2010 with Roy Young, and featured MarketingProfs B2B Forum SpeakersGet expert advice on how to turn more leads into customers through the latest techniques in lead management and integration of social media into your marketing programs.
- Seven Fast-Acting Methods to Drive B2B Revenue NowBroadcast on 5/14/2009 with John CoeIs your B2B sales force stalled right now? As a marketer, it's up to you to help them overcome economic obstacles in meeting today's revenue goals.
Customer Acquisition: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Become a Trade Show Rock Star—10 Trade Show Pitfalls to AvoidReleased on 9/19/2014 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about 10 trade show pitfalls and how you can avoid them. Eliminating these trade show 'fails' will save you time and money, and help you release your inner trade show rock star.