Online Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Amazon Launchpad for Startups, Plus 13 More Stories in This Weeks RoundupAngela NatividadLearn about Amazon's support for startups launching products. Also: Yahoo Livetext, managing relationships with short-form content creators, and the socnet growing the fastest. And is Twitter really cracking down on ...
Five Steps You Need to Take Before You Spend a Dime on Advertising (Article 1 of 2)Buddy VaughnUsually, advertising doesn't come cheap, but it can be cost-effective—if you do your homework ahead of time and follow some best-practices.
How to Effectively Market to the Growing US Hispanic MarketJonathan DeesingJust as you would when targeting any niche market, you need to follow some basic rules to effectively market to Spanish-speaking customers.
How to Use Analytics to Prove the Impact of YouTube MarketingMark HansenAre people watching your videos? If so, who is watching? And what are they doing after they watch? Here's how to use YouTube Analytics and Google Analytics to understand the ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook's CPC Updated, Plus 11 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadIt's an exciting week when sharks and fireworks combine... and brands hopped on both. Also: Facebook is changing how it measures cost per click (CPC), ways to market better on ...
How to Make Digital Advertising as Successful as Hot Chocolate at an Ice RinkTed DhanikIf you want to make sure your ads are seen by the right audience, it's time to combine some advertising tools and strategies that make targeting (almost) as successful as ...
#SocialSkim: Real-Time Google Trends, Plus 14 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadFind out about Google's redesigned Trends, how Twitter autoplay affects advertisers, which ad campaigns might win Lions, how to make millennial- and social-friendly infomercials, and why silent video's making a ...
Influencer Marketplaces: Your Beeline to Bloggers for Product Reviews (and Not Just)Barry FeldmanYou've heard of influencer marketing—but "marketplaces"? It's a smart idea (and the next big thing): Brands go there to find and hire bloggers to write reviews or mention them in ...
The Four Principles of a Better Digital BriefJeff RoachAs we continue to ask for more an more of our digital campaigns and products, we need to look at where it all starts—with the digital brief. But most briefs ...
#SocialSkim: SXSW Reveals What's Next in Social, Plus 10 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadSXSW happened this week, offering up a deluge of what's next in social. Get the scoop on Meerkat and on Tinder's epic SXSW score. Also: how Snapchat affects Millennials, Facebook's ...
Online Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Marketing Strategy for Colleges and Universities: 'Social Works' Author Michael Stoner Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Stoner shares insights he gained from compiling 25 case studies in higher education marketing, and how marketers can build integrated marketing plans that maximize audience reach using traditional channels, social media, and emerging platforms.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
How to Save Marketing From Itself: Ian Lurie and Geoff Livingston Talk LIVE to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Ian Lurie, CEO of Portent Interactive, and Geoff Livingston, author and marketing strategist, offer unique perspectives on how to rescue marketing from itself.
Online Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts SearchBroadcast on 8/13/2015 with Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- Brain Science and Web MarketingBroadcast on 2/26/2015 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll reveal the secrets of marketing masters and provide you with neuromarketing tactics applicable to the relationship between the brain, behavior, and marketing on the web. We'll share research, case studies, and specific neuromarketing tactics that any brand can use to better connect with their customers—including the use of social proof, psychological anchoring, and how to tap into cognitive biases in your writing.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Chemistry of the Landing PageBroadcast on 2/27/2014 with Brian MasseyThis PRO seminar will provide actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driving landing pages.
- Five Tools for Creating a Social Media Plan and Forecasting Its ImpactBroadcast on 11/29/2012 with Rex BriggsIn this seminar, you'll discover why social media beats traditional media in terms of ROI, how to deliver the impact you need to, and how to forecast and plan your campaigns.
- MarketingProfs University: Campaign Planning and Management FundamentalsBroadcast on 11/1/2012 with Jon MillerIn this PRO seminar, we will go over the basics of campaign planning and management to help you create the framework for a successful campaign.
- Landing Page Tips to Lift Your Conversion RateBroadcast on 9/20/2012 with Chris GowardThis PRO seminar will teach you how to get the most out of your landing pages' design, copy, and layout.
- The Next Generation of Landing Pages: What's New, What's Hot, What's PerformingBroadcast on 11/10/2011 with Scott BrinkerTake a whirlwind tour of state-of-the-art landing page strategies and tactics, and update your Web marketing repertoire with a new set of best practices that you can put into action.
- Eight Critical SEO MetricsBroadcast on 7/21/2011 with Stephan SpencerUncover which SEO metrics enable you to maximize your website optimization efforts during this PRO seminar with Stephan Spencer. Learn how to expand your keyword list, increase your rankings, and prioritize your efforts.
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Landing Page DesignBroadcast on 11/11/2010 with Tim AshLearn how to avoid the most common landing page sins and increase conversions in this fast-paced and entertaining session with noted conversion expert and bestselling author Tim Ash.
- Don't Be a Report Monkey: Three Steps to Optimizing Online MarketingBroadcast on 9/16/2010 with Jim SterneDiscover what it takes to make the most of the tools and data you have to become an indispensable source of business insight for your organization.
Online Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Steps for Using Influencer Video to Increase Your Bottom LineReleased on 8/7/2015 with Mark LernerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple steps to source quality influencer video and use it to impact your bottom line in a meaningful and measurable way. Using these steps, you'll be able to implement a strategy that will help you reach your goals and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Refresh Your Website (Without Spending a Fortune!)Released on 2/6/2015 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, we'll share five simple tips to improve and refresh your website. You'll be able to makeover your website so that it looks current, loads faster, and increases your search engine optimization ranking—without wasting your time and money.
- Take 10: The 10 Web Marketing Areas You Need to Focus on NowReleased on 1/9/2015 with Stoney deGeyterIn just 10 minutes, we'll identify the top 10 online marketing areas you should be focusing on, and provide you with three action items for each. With your top 10 list and actionable to-dos in hand, you can eliminate the less impactful projects, and hone your time, money, and energy on what really matters and gives you the best ROI.
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
- Take 10 Video Series: Five Things to Consider Before Taking Your Social Efforts GlobalReleased on 11/16/2012 with Jane PriceIn just 10 minutes, Jane Price will help you weigh the pros and cons of a global social media plan. You'll also learn five important things to consider before going global.
- Take 10: How to Design a Website That Resonates With Your UsersReleased on 9/21/2012 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to design a user-centric website that performs better and gets the response you’re looking for from your audience.
- Take 10: How to Increase Website ConversionReleased on 8/17/2012 with Sherice JacobIn just ten minutes, you'll learn how to optimize your website to increase your conversion rate right away!
- Take 10: How to Create Home Page Content That Engages VisitorsReleased on 10/28/2011 with Heather Lloyd-MartinIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create killer home page content that engages your visitors and invites them to take action.
- Take 10: How to Monitor Conversations with Free Online ToolsReleased on 3/25/2011 with Douglas MetzgarIn this short webcast, community marketing principal Douglas Metzgar demonstrates how you can monitor conversations online for free.
- Take 10: How to Future-Proof Your Marketing TodayReleased on 3/11/2011 with Michael MillerIn this short webcast, Michael Miller, author of The Ultimate Web Marketing Guide, will give you a glimpse of the changes we can expect to see in six fields of digital marketing.
Online Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Online Research How-To GuideSet clear objectives and a realistic scope to online research projects. These are just two of the steps that this comprehensive, step-by-step planning guide will help you to accomplish to insure your online research results in the most relevant and useful information possible.
- Benchmark Survey: Marketing to HispanicsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are targeting their marketing efforts, and adjusting their business processes, for the lucrative Spanish-speaking segment. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.