Online Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Local Marketing: Promotions Spending Surges as Advertising SlipsLenna GaribianIn 2007, local business spent 10% more on advertising than they did on promotions (e.g., coupons, discounts, and promotional products); however, in 2012, they spent a stunning 81% more on ...
Which Genres of Branded Video Work Best?Allan JohnsonWhat's the best way to establish connections with video viewers? Storytelling. But a great story does not guarantee success. Your video's genre plays a large role in determining whether you'll ...
Measure and Maximize the Impact of Online Activity on Offline SalesDoug MillerMeasurability is the battle cry of every digital marketer. The challenge is how to decide which measurements make sense based on campaign objectives. The ultimate challenge is how to optimize ...
Marketing Budgets and Staffing Levels Rising WorldwideLenna GaribianThe outlook for marketers worldwide continues to strengthen, according to new data from Warc's Global Marketing Index. The headline GMI, a metric that combines trends observed in marketing budgets, trading ...
Vine for Events, Social Business Leadership, Pinterest Secret Boards... The Week in Social Media #SocialSkimAngela NatividadFind out how Twitter's getting into e-commerce and why Vine may unseat Instagram as the go-to app for live events. Learn how to use Vine for campaigning, how to maximize ...
How to Market Your Book: The Modern Book TourPeg FitzpatrickAs publishing evolves, writers need to expand their skill set to succeed. They must "own" the marketing and sales introduction of their books. What used to be done via a ...
Lead Nurturing and Marketing Automation: 15 Key Questions Answered (Questions 8, 10)Sid SmithThis installment answers two questions: "What's the difference between inbound and outbound marketing? (and which is better?)" and "With so much content to create, where do we focus our efforts?"
7 Marketing Lessons (and an Infographic) for Next Year's Super Bowl Advertisers (and You)Jeffrey K. RohrsThis year's Super Bowl advertisers' near total failure to engage viewers beyond the TV screen led me to distill seven marketing lessons for any marketer looking to get more ROI ...
B2B Benchmarks: Top Tactics for Driving Traffic and LeadsLenna GaribianSocial media still accounts for less than 5% of total leads to B2B websites, according to Optify's 2012 B2B Marketing Benchmark Report. Among social media, Twitter is the primary driver ...
Five Ways to Treat Your Retail Customers Better (and Boost Profits) in 2013Angel MoralesIt's time to get serious about your strategies for 2013. How will you treat your customers? How will you acknowledge their experiences and build their brand loyalty? How will you ...
Online Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Marketing Strategy for Colleges and Universities: 'Social Works' Author Michael Stoner Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Stoner shares insights he gained from compiling 25 case studies in higher education marketing, and how marketers can build integrated marketing plans that maximize audience reach using traditional channels, social media, and emerging platforms.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
How to Save Marketing From Itself: Ian Lurie and Geoff Livingston Talk LIVE to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Ian Lurie, CEO of Portent Interactive, and Geoff Livingston, author and marketing strategist, offer unique perspectives on how to rescue marketing from itself.
Online Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Tools for Creating a Social Media Plan and Forecasting Its ImpactBroadcast on 11/29/2012 with Rex BriggsIn this seminar, you'll discover why social media beats traditional media in terms of ROI, how to deliver the impact you need to, and how to forecast and plan your campaigns.
- MarketingProfs University: Campaign Planning and Management FundamentalsBroadcast on 11/1/2012 with Jon MillerIn this PRO seminar, we will go over the basics of campaign planning and management to help you create the framework for a successful campaign.
- Landing Page Tips to Lift Your Conversion RateBroadcast on 9/20/2012 with Chris GowardThis PRO seminar will teach you how to get the most out of your landing pages' design, copy, and layout.
- The Next Generation of Landing Pages: What's New, What's Hot, What's PerformingBroadcast on 11/10/2011 with Scott BrinkerTake a whirlwind tour of state-of-the-art landing page strategies and tactics, and update your Web marketing repertoire with a new set of best practices that you can put into action.
- Eight Critical SEO MetricsBroadcast on 7/21/2011 with Stephan SpencerUncover which SEO metrics enable you to maximize your website optimization efforts during this PRO seminar with Stephan Spencer. Learn how to expand your keyword list, increase your rankings, and prioritize your efforts.
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Landing Page DesignBroadcast on 11/11/2010 with Tim AshLearn how to avoid the most common landing page sins and increase conversions in this fast-paced and entertaining session with noted conversion expert and bestselling author Tim Ash.
- Don't Be a Report Monkey: Three Steps to Optimizing Online MarketingBroadcast on 9/16/2010 with Jim SterneDiscover what it takes to make the most of the tools and data you have to become an indispensable source of business insight for your organization.
- Multi-Channel Analytics: Tackling the Toughest Measurement ChallengeBroadcast on 6/3/2010 with Avinash KaushikLearn how to run multi-channel analytics to measure your non-line impact. You'll get practical tips that will help you identify how to measure your campaigns (and hence claim as much of the credit as possible for your hard work!).
- High-Performance Landing Pages that Boost Your Bottom Line (FREE)Broadcast on 11/19/2009 with Michael Goodman, Anna TalericoGetting them there isn't enough. Here's how you can improve the odds of converting a Web visitor into a customer.
- YouTube for Business, Part 1: Making YouTube Part of Your Online Marketing StrategyBroadcast on 12/11/2008 with Michael MillerWith 60 million viewers out there, have you been wondering if — and how — your business could be reaching customers via YouTube?
Online Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
- Take 10 Video Series: Five Things to Consider Before Taking Your Social Efforts GlobalReleased on 11/16/2012 with Jane PriceIn just 10 minutes, Jane Price will help you weigh the pros and cons of a global social media plan. You'll also learn five important things to consider before going global.
- Take 10: How to Design a Website That Resonates With Your UsersReleased on 9/21/2012 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to design a user-centric website that performs better and gets the response you’re looking for from your audience.
- Take 10: How to Increase Website ConversionReleased on 8/17/2012 with Sherice JacobIn just ten minutes, you'll learn how to optimize your website to increase your conversion rate right away!
- Take 10: How to Create Home Page Content That Engages VisitorsReleased on 10/28/2011 with Heather Lloyd-MartinIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create killer home page content that engages your visitors and invites them to take action.
- Take 10: How to Monitor Conversations with Free Online ToolsReleased on 3/25/2011 with Douglas MetzgarIn this short webcast, community marketing principal Douglas Metzgar demonstrates how you can monitor conversations online for free.
- Take 10: How to Future-Proof Your Marketing TodayReleased on 3/11/2011 with Michael MillerIn this short webcast, Michael Miller, author of The Ultimate Web Marketing Guide, will give you a glimpse of the changes we can expect to see in six fields of digital marketing.
- Take 10: How to Set Up an A/B Experiment in Google Website OptimizerReleased on 3/4/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10 webcast, optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller walks you through how to set up an A/B experiment in Google Website Optimizer. She demonstrates each step in the process.
- Take 10: How to Prioritize and Budget for Your Online ActivitiesReleased on 2/18/2011 with Michael MillerThis 10-minute webcast gives a quick rundown of the top online marketing activities, then helps you decide which ones your business should use.
Online Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Online Research How-To GuideSet clear objectives and a realistic scope to online research projects. These are just two of the steps that this comprehensive, step-by-step planning guide will help you to accomplish to insure your online research results in the most relevant and useful information possible.
- Benchmark Survey: Marketing to HispanicsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are targeting their marketing efforts, and adjusting their business processes, for the lucrative Spanish-speaking segment. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.