Measurement: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Four Ways to Measure Your Experiential Marketing CampaignJeff SnyderMarketers have tended to shy away from integrating experiential campaigns into their marketing strategies because, until recently, demonstrating impact was difficult or next to impossible. But no longer!
The Secret to More Effective Ads on Facebook: The Science of TestingMatt ThomasIf Facebook were a country, it would be the biggest one... which is why it's so important for marketers to understand how to advertise effectively on Facebook. Your successful ad ...
How to Create a Marketing Measurement Playbook to Select and Measure the Right MetricsLaura PattersonWith the convergence of online and offline marketing, choosing the right measures is far more important than the quantity of data measured. Measuring the right data, and acting on the ...
Nine Ways to Cut the Fat From Your Performance Marketing ProgramsTracy KemmerPerformance marketing demands objective ways to evaluate what's working (vendors, channels, media, creative...) and how your strategies and tactics are affecting the bottom line, margins, and cost efficiency. These nine ...
Unlock the Mystery of Lead-Capture Success [Infographic]Verónica JarskiCrafting successful lead-capture strategies can be difficult and overwhelming. This infographic, however, can make unlocking the secrets of lead capturing easier.
The Problem With Marketing Dashboards: Pure Data Visualization Is Rarely SuccessfulAlexander SkorkaThe success or failure of a dashboard is closely linked to data visualization. But focus purely on the visualization, and you'll fail. So consider these three questions and then take ...
Avoid a Zero-Based Budget by Driving Growth as a Marketing Center of ExcellenceLaura PattersonMarketing budgets are already on the chopping block, even though CFOs say better top- and bottom-line growth requires sales and marketing. We need to prove our value by turning Marketing ...
#SocialSkim: FB Messenger's Brand-Friendly Features, Plus 12 More Stories in This Week's RoundupChristian NeriFacebook launches Messenger multiple accounts feature... and SMS testing for Android; Instagram introduces video views; Twitter incorporates a GIF library; and Shopify finds a way to embed product listings into ...
How to Seize the Untapped Mobile Opportunity in 2016Eric HolmenMobile marketing has come a long way, but there's still progress to be made in technology, analytics, and strategy. Most notably, it's time for a paradigm shift: to think of ...
A Newbie's Guide to A/B-Testing [Infographic]Verónica JarskiA/B-testing can help you make informed decisions about your marketing strategies and get the most out of your Web traffic. Here's what you need to know to get started.
Measurement: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
B2B Data-Driven Marketing: Author Ruth Stevens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneRuth Stevens discusses her new book, B2B Data-Driven Marketing, shares tips on how to collect and use data to improve B2B marketing results, and offers insights from her time as a senior marketer at companies like Time Warner and IBM.
Measuring the B2B Customer Journey: SmartBear CMO Bryan Semple on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSmartBear CMO and MarketingProfs University instructor Bryan Semple shares insights on marketing measurement and the B2B customer journey.
Power Up Through Experiential Marketing: Shell's Chris Hayek Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Hayek, director of global brand management for Shell Lubricants, explains his approach to integrated marketing, communicating innovation, and creating experiences that bring the brand to life for consumers.
The Marketing Performance Blueprint: PR 20/20 Founder Paul Roetzer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePaul Roetzer—founder of inbound marketing agency PR 20/20, author of The Marketing Agency Blueprint—shares tips for smart staffing and measuring marketing results from his latest book, The Marketing Performance Blueprint.
Revenue and the CMO: Author Glenn Gow Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHelping your company to embrace social selling doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing proposition: You can implement a pilot program to demonstrate how social media can have a positive impact on revenue. Glenn Gow shares tips for starting a successful ...
The Art of Marketing Operations: Steven Bushong of Disney ABC Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantSteve Bushong's background in systems engineering, and his experience with sourcing, procurement, and operations, gave him a unique perspective on how marketing can and should work in today's complex media environment.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
Don't Let Data Drive, Let It Inform: Beth Kanter and KD Paine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBeth Kanter and Katie Delahaye (KD) Paine, authors of Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World, discuss performance metrics and nonprofits.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
Measurement: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- 10 Powerful Tips for Getting More From Your AnalyticsBroadcast on 3/19/2015 with Michele KissIn this PRO seminar, we'll provide you with 10 tips and actions you can implement immediately to do more with your data—no expensive tools required! Whether you have an analytics team or you have no support at all, we'll show you how to get more from your data and so you can stop struggling and start gaining valuable insight.
- MarketingProfs University: The Metrics That Matter—Making Sense of the NoiseBroadcast on 2/12/2015 with Paul RoetzerIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to determine and separate the most important data from the extraneous. You'll walk away with the tools to use relevant data to bring a sense of structure to the numbers, and gain the clarity and confidence to direct future marketing campaigns.
- How to Use Metrics to Achieve Greater Results From Your Next ExhibitBroadcast on 10/16/2014 with Joe FederbushIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how exhibitors, regardless of size or budget, can develop and execute an effective and strategic event marketing measurement strategy. You'll learn how to use the right tools to justify your event's budget, and take away tried-and-true tips such as how to calculate the optimal booth size and number of personnel needed to achieve maximum results.
- MarketingProfs University: Finding the True Value of Your Online Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 4/10/2014 with Ruth BurrIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how web marketing programs should target the "sweet spot" between website performance and campaign performance, allowing marketers to take a whole-funnel approach.
- The Power of More: How Knowing More About Your Website Visitors Drives Greater ROIBroadcast on 6/20/2013 with Marc Engelsman, Ben YurchakThis seminar will delve into some of the challenges marketers face when extracting meaningful and actionable insights from their web analytics data and lead you to more—more leads, more conversions, more sales, more ROI.
- Five Tools for Creating a Social Media Plan and Forecasting Its ImpactBroadcast on 11/29/2012 with Rex BriggsIn this seminar, you'll discover why social media beats traditional media in terms of ROI, how to deliver the impact you need to, and how to forecast and plan your campaigns.
- Solutions to 10 Confounding Content Marketing ChallengesBroadcast on 8/16/2012 with Stephanie Tilton, Ann HandleyMany marketers are embracing content as a cornerstone of their marketing efforts. You probably are, too. In this PRO seminar, we'll answer your toughest content marketing questions.
- Turning Social Referrals into Measurable Business ResultsBroadcast on 3/22/2012 with Nicole GoodyearIn this seminar, you'll review B2B social referral case studies to discover how they can bring measurable results to your business including higher conversion rates and increased average order and lifetime value. You'll walk away with practical knowledge on how to create and measure social referral programs that drive more qualified leads, increase sales, and produce rich social content for your brand.
- No BS Social Media: How to Drive Real Revenue with Social Media MarketingBroadcast on 2/16/2012 with Jason FallsJoin us for the PRO seminar, No BS Social Media: How to Drive Real Revenue with Social Media Marketing, and discover a relentlessly practical, business-value perspective of social media marketing that focuses on achieving results: measurable improvements in sales, profitability, efficiency, and brand value.
- The Next Generation of Landing Pages: What's New, What's Hot, What's PerformingBroadcast on 11/10/2011 with Scott BrinkerTake a whirlwind tour of state-of-the-art landing page strategies and tactics, and update your Web marketing repertoire with a new set of best practices that you can put into action.
Measurement: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Interpret Data to Create Great ContentReleased on 9/26/2014 with Hana AbazaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn what data can drive key areas of your content marketing strategy, including content ideation and content distribution. You'll walk away with a clear understanding of how to interpret your data, and how to turn that insight into great content.
- Take 10: How to Set Up Your Metrics for a Successful CampaignReleased on 1/24/2014 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll review the various data capture methods available, which methods are appropriate for each communication type, and the guidelines you should use to choose the right metrics for a successful campaign.
- Take 10: How to Create Goals in Google AnalyticsReleased on 9/20/2013 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to set up basic goals in Google Analytics so you can start to evaluate your website traffic right away.
- Take 10: Selecting the Right Metrics to Measure Campaign SuccessReleased on 6/21/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines for choosing the right metrics for your campaign so you can get right to measuring your tremendous success.
- Take 10: Demonstrate Marketing Success by Setting Clear ObjectivesReleased on 6/14/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines you'll want to follow in order to set clear objectives. If you follow these tips, you'll be able to clearly demonstrate marketing success in a language that your senior management team understands.
- Take 10: Tips to Measure Your Trade Show Success in Real TimeReleased on 4/5/2013 with Rob MurphyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn easy, do-it-yourself tips for measuring your trade show program—in real time.
- Take 10: How to Use Predictive Analytics to Better Your BusinessReleased on 11/23/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to successfully use predictive analytics to optimize your campaigns and improve customer experience.
- Take 10: How to Create Custom URLs for Better Campaign TrackingReleased on 10/5/2012 with Dan SoschinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create custom URLs for your campaigns that will improve your Google Analytics tracking tenfold and, ultimately, improve your campaign performance.
- Take 10: Four Steps to Creating a Useful Engagement MetricReleased on 8/3/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to best engage with your customers, why engagement is important, and how to put it to good use!
- Take 10: Five Key Ways to Optimize Your QR Code PerformanceReleased on 7/20/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five keys to great QR code execution, including how to use QR codes to help build a stronger brand, how to entice users to scan your code, and how to measure the success of your campaign.
Measurement: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Market ResearchNeed to learn about your customers without the big price tag of market research firms? This guide on do-it-yourself market research will help you get the information you need to position your business without emptying the corporate coffers.
- Marketing Metrics How-To GuideMetrics is the guiding light of your marketing efforts. Without measurements, you're operating in the dark. Make sure you are tracking the right metrics, and get tips on interpreting the data with this comprehensive guide.
- SWOT Analysis How-To GuideThis comprehensive, step-by-step how-to guide will help you assess the position in the market of your product or firm, by identifying the product's Strengths and Weaknesses, by considering the potential Opportunities the product has in the marketingplace, and by assessing the potential Threats posed by either the competition or the marketplace.
- Online Research How-To GuideSet clear objectives and a realistic scope to online research projects. These are just two of the steps that this comprehensive, step-by-step planning guide will help you to accomplish to insure your online research results in the most relevant and useful information possible.
- Market Forecasting TemplateThis guide will give you a mini-seminar on the art and the science of forecasting. Learn the four different ways to create forecasting models and choose the ones that best suit your needs. Then follow these easy-to-follow steps to creating a model where you too can predict the future.
- Benchmark Report : Marketing ROI (Year 2)This 2006 survey, the second annual ROI study, demonstrates that companies are definitely getting the ROI message. This study shows a significant increase in the number of companies that have implemented some form of Marketing ROI measurements. And let's face it, Marketing ROI is here to stay. Jim Lenskold says, "Marketing ROI will continue to be a priority as long as maximizing profits is a priority for corporations." Well said, Jim.
- Competitive Analysis TemplateA thorough competitive analysis is a critical component of a solid marketing plan. It is an exercise that will provide you with valuable insights to guide the development of your business strategy. This 20-page template will make the project quick and easy, and you can end up with a leg up on your compeition.
- Benchmark Report: Marketing ROI (Year 1)In a 2005 survey, the first in an annual series, Jim Lenskold found that only 1 in 5 respondents was actually using ROI measures for marketing efforts -- 99% of those respondents indicate increased profitability due to the use of ROI. See this and subsequent reports for a full picture of the evolution of marketing ROI.
- Branding and Brand EquityThere isn't a single marketing topic that has dominated the last decade of the field of marketing than Branding. And, although it's certain you have at the very least put your toe in the water of the great Branding Lake, you will get nothing but good advice, confirmation of your strategies and tactics, and probably even some new ideas from this Marketing Guide.