Measurement: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Gauge the Power and Value of Your Content MarketingAaron DunLarger companies may be less concerned about the direct correlation between content marketing efforts and deals. But, for the rest of us, it's critical. So, how do you gauge the ...
Four Steps to Ensuring Your Strategy Achieves ResultsLaura PattersonMany companies at all stages invest time in planning but lack the processes and leadership needed to ensure a strategy achieves the desired results. Failure is expensive and wastes precious ...
Four Foundational Elements of Marketing Analytics SuccessMark EmondA lot of marketing organizations today think that they are on the path to greater insight because they now have analytics technology. The reality is that it takes a significant ...
How to Use Google Analytics to Increase E-Commerce SalesMor FriedmanGoogle Analytics is a great free tool for e-commerce websites. It can allow marketers and webmasters to record specific data about items purchased, learn how a user navigates the website, ...
Three Powerful Ways to Measure the Impact of Your Email MarketingKaren TalaveraThough email campaign process metrics such as delivery, open, and click-through rates have their place, if you don't look beyond them... the true impact of your email marketing—and opportunities for ...
A Century of Marketing Media and Measurement: The Evolution of the 'Growth Hacker' [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTo demonstrate how marketers have adapted to media innovations through the last century and developed measurements for them, IfbyPhone created the following infographic about the evolution of the "growth hacker" ...
Give Me 10 Minutes and I'll Make You an SEO Expert (Kinda)Chris WardenHere's the quick-and-dirty guide to being an SEO "expert," which merely means you know more than the people around you. This article will accomplish that. Well, not really... But the ...
The Importance and ROI of Events: Marketers Still Face ChallengesVahe HabeshianEven as events remain a vital part of the marketing mix, and a key channel for direct one-to-one customer engagement, marketing executives—lacking visibility into the conversion pipeline—don't have sufficiently effective ...
B2B Event-Driven Marketing: Triggers Your Analytics Shouldn't MissVince Stuntebeck, Trevor JonesThe retail industry has recognized that critical events in customers' lives can shift loyalties, or serve as opportunities to retain or upsell via event-driven marketing. That approach can also work ...
Seven Essential Skills for the Content StrategistJason HirthlerLike the word "content" itself, "content strategy" is often an ambivalent term. But, however you define it, any good content strategist should have these seven skill sets.
Measurement: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Art of Marketing Operations: Steven Bushong of Disney ABC Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantSteve Bushong's background in systems engineering, and his experience with sourcing, procurement, and operations, gave him a unique perspective on how marketing can and should work in today's complex media environment.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
Don't Let Data Drive, Let It Inform: Beth Kanter and KD Paine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBeth Kanter and Katie Delahaye (KD) Paine, authors of Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World, discuss performance metrics and nonprofits.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
People Respond to Stories: Rohit Bhargava Talks Likeonomics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantRohit Bhargava, author and social media strategist, thinks business books need to be useful—to help you solve a problem you're facing. So it has to speak to you from the get-go, draw you in, and convince you it's going to ...
How Do You Measure the Value of Sharing? Kurt Abrahamson of ShareThis Talks About Measuring Social Activity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"It's not just social media," Kurt Abrahamson says in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. "It's socially engaged audiences that are important." Learn why social sharing is an important indicator of engagement—and more useful to publishers and advertisers than the ...
Measurement: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Tools for Creating a Social Media Plan and Forecasting Its ImpactBroadcast on 11/29/2012 with Rex BriggsIn this seminar, you'll discover why social media beats traditional media in terms of ROI, how to deliver the impact you need to, and how to forecast and plan your campaigns.
- Solutions to 10 Confounding Content Marketing ChallengesBroadcast on 8/16/2012 with Stephanie Tilton, Ann HandleyMany marketers are embracing content as a cornerstone of their marketing efforts. You probably are, too. In this PRO seminar, we'll answer your toughest content marketing questions.
- Turning Social Referrals into Measurable Business ResultsBroadcast on 3/22/2012 with Nicole GoodyearIn this seminar, you'll review B2B social referral case studies to discover how they can bring measurable results to your business including higher conversion rates and increased average order and lifetime value. You'll walk away with practical knowledge on how to create and measure social referral programs that drive more qualified leads, increase sales, and produce rich social content for your brand.
- No BS Social Media: How to Drive Real Revenue with Social Media MarketingBroadcast on 2/16/2012 with Jason FallsJoin us for the PRO seminar, No BS Social Media: How to Drive Real Revenue with Social Media Marketing, and discover a relentlessly practical, business-value perspective of social media marketing that focuses on achieving results: measurable improvements in sales, profitability, efficiency, and brand value.
- The Next Generation of Landing Pages: What's New, What's Hot, What's PerformingBroadcast on 11/10/2011 with Scott BrinkerTake a whirlwind tour of state-of-the-art landing page strategies and tactics, and update your Web marketing repertoire with a new set of best practices that you can put into action.
- Measuring and Sustaining Social Media SuccessBroadcast on 8/25/2011 with Geoff LivingstonLearn how to apply SMART goals (Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound) to your social media campaigns and measure audience Attention, Attitude, and Action. Includes advice based on use studies from Dell, LinkedIn, the Humane Society of the United States, and others.
- Eight Critical SEO MetricsBroadcast on 7/21/2011 with Stephan SpencerUncover which SEO metrics enable you to maximize your website optimization efforts during this PRO seminar with Stephan Spencer. Learn how to expand your keyword list, increase your rankings, and prioritize your efforts.
- Becoming the Über-Connected Company with Social MediaBroadcast on 12/2/2010 with Sandy CarterIn this seminar, we'll address the hows and whys, in addition to the dos and don'ts of using social media to reach ecosystem partners as well as how to leverage your partners as part of your total social marketing efforts.
- Don't Be a Report Monkey: Three Steps to Optimizing Online MarketingBroadcast on 9/16/2010 with Jim SterneDiscover what it takes to make the most of the tools and data you have to become an indispensable source of business insight for your organization.
- Get to Know Your Customers: Connecting Market Research to Business GrowthBroadcast on 8/5/2010 with Bill AlbertiLearn how to frame market research in terms of profitable impact. You'll discover how to establish the connection between using research to understand your customers and improved business performance.
Measurement: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Tips to Measure Your Trade Show Success in Real TimeReleased on 4/5/2013 with Rob MurphyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn easy, do-it-yourself tips for measuring your trade show program—in real time.
- Take 10: How to Use Predictive Analytics to Better Your BusinessReleased on 11/23/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to successfully use predictive analytics to optimize your campaigns and improve customer experience.
- Take 10: How to Create Custom URLs for Better Campaign TrackingReleased on 10/5/2012 with Dan SoschinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create custom URLs for your campaigns that will improve your Google Analytics tracking tenfold and, ultimately, improve your campaign performance.
- Take 10: Four Steps to Creating a Useful Engagement MetricReleased on 8/3/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to best engage with your customers, why engagement is important, and how to put it to good use!
- Take 10: Five Key Ways to Optimize Your QR Code PerformanceReleased on 7/20/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five keys to great QR code execution, including how to use QR codes to help build a stronger brand, how to entice users to scan your code, and how to measure the success of your campaign.
- Take 10 Video Series: Seven Steps to Measuring Social Media ROIReleased on 7/13/2012 with David B. ThomasIn just 10 minutes, David B. Thomas will walk you through a step-by-step approach that will help you understand how to measure the bottom-line value of your social media efforts.
- Take 10: How to Easily Measure Social Media Campaigns on a Small BudgetReleased on 2/17/2012 with Nichole KellyIn just 10 minutes, learn how to integrate free (or inexpensive) tools like Google Analytics and HootSuite Pro into your website and social media campaigns to help track social media performance and report on social media results.
- Take 10: How to Create a Digital Marketing Plan with 8 Key ElementsReleased on 1/28/2011 with Michael MillerThis webcast is your guide to creating an effective plan for your digital marketing and traditional marketing activities.
- Take 10: Discover What Your Competition is Worried (and Excited) AboutReleased on 1/7/2011 with Scott SwigartLet competitive intelligence expert Scott Swigart show you the way as he explains which sources to tap, what types of information to look for, and how to corroborate your findings when researching publicly traded companies.
- Take 10: Google Tools the Pros Use for Advanced Competitive ResearchReleased on 12/10/2010 with Sean CampbellTake a quick tour of the advanced Google tools the pros use to guide their online research, gather insight on competitors, and get a solid read on the state of the industry in this Take 10 presentation by market research specialist Sean Campbell.
Measurement: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Market ResearchNeed to learn about your customers without the big price tag of market research firms? This guide on do-it-yourself market research will help you get the information you need to position your business without emptying the corporate coffers.
- Marketing Metrics How-To GuideMetrics is the guiding light of your marketing efforts. Without measurements, you're operating in the dark. Make sure you are tracking the right metrics, and get tips on interpreting the data with this comprehensive guide.
- SWOT Analysis How-To GuideThis comprehensive, step-by-step how-to guide will help you assess the position in the market of your product or firm, by identifying the product's Strengths and Weaknesses, by considering the potential Opportunities the product has in the marketingplace, and by assessing the potential Threats posed by either the competition or the marketplace.
- Online Research How-To GuideSet clear objectives and a realistic scope to online research projects. These are just two of the steps that this comprehensive, step-by-step planning guide will help you to accomplish to insure your online research results in the most relevant and useful information possible.
- Market Forecasting TemplateThis guide will give you a mini-seminar on the art and the science of forecasting. Learn the four different ways to create forecasting models and choose the ones that best suit your needs. Then follow these easy-to-follow steps to creating a model where you too can predict the future.
- Benchmark Report : Marketing ROI (Year 2)This 2006 survey, the second annual ROI study, demonstrates that companies are definitely getting the ROI message. This study shows a significant increase in the number of companies that have implemented some form of Marketing ROI measurements. And let's face it, Marketing ROI is here to stay. Jim Lenskold says, "Marketing ROI will continue to be a priority as long as maximizing profits is a priority for corporations." Well said, Jim.
- Competitive Analysis TemplateA thorough competitive analysis is a critical component of a solid marketing plan. It is an exercise that will provide you with valuable insights to guide the development of your business strategy. This 20-page template will make the project quick and easy, and you can end up with a leg up on your compeition.
- Benchmark Report: Marketing ROI (Year 1)In a 2005 survey, the first in an annual series, Jim Lenskold found that only 1 in 5 respondents was actually using ROI measures for marketing efforts -- 99% of those respondents indicate increased profitability due to the use of ROI. See this and subsequent reports for a full picture of the evolution of marketing ROI.
- Branding and Brand EquityThere isn't a single marketing topic that has dominated the last decade of the field of marketing than Branding. And, although it's certain you have at the very least put your toe in the water of the great Branding Lake, you will get nothing but good advice, confirmation of your strategies and tactics, and probably even some new ideas from this Marketing Guide.