Measurement: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Marketing Ops Is Now a Must-Have: The Six A's of Marketing Performance ManagementLaura PattersonWith the proliferation of marketing automation tools and increased pressure from the C-Suite to prove the value of Marketing, marketing ops management is gaining traction; for all but the smallest ...
How I Raised My Klout Score From Less Than 18 to More Than 43 in Less Than 90 DaysHarmit KamboeIf you have ever wanted to be considered an influencer—and in the process get a better understanding of your audiences on social media—a good way of doing so would be ...
How to Get Your Creative Team's Credibility BackBryan NielsonCreative teams are under intense pressure to consistently deliver high-quality work on time. Even one missed deadline can erode trust. Here's how to make sure that doesn't happen.
Eight Ways to Find Out Whether Your Analytics Team Is EffectiveJessica LangdorfWhatever type of data puzzle you’re trying to solve, you need an analytics team—whether internal or external—to make sense of the trends and patterns in your data. But how do ...
Five Components of Measuring Return on Customer EngagementJohn HoholikBefore embarking on a return on customer engagement strategy, you must implement these five key components to ensure relevant, timely, and accurate measurement—ultimately, of future business performance.
Improve Success by Adopting These Three KPI CategoriesLaura PattersonOutdoor sports are in full swing, and even athletes who aren't planning to compete are honing their workouts. Which made me realize that three key metrics categories we apply in ...
Why You Need a CRO Culture in Your Business... and How to Build ItSean EllisConversion rate optimization is having a moment in the sun because it uses a resource you already have—website traffic—to drive additional growth at little additional cost.
#SocialSkim: Oreo Snack Hacks, the Worst Gaffe Ever, Fewer Likes Ahead, More!Angela NatividadFind out how Oreo turned snack hacks into a contagious campaign. See why fewer brands will be asking you to "Like" anytime soon, possibly the worst social media gaffe to ...
Marketing Lessons From March Madness: Go Deep Young Team!Jonathan MoranMarketing and basketball teams have traits in common. Though individual superstars account for some wins single-handedly, the teams that go deep in the NCAA Tournament year after year are those ...
10-Step B2B Customer Satisfaction Survey Pre-Survey ChecklistJohn ColdwellThe better you plan your B2B customer satisfaction survey, the more you'll get out of it. Done properly, the survey should be a significant source of additional revenue rather than ...
Measurement: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Revenue and the CMO: Author Glenn Gow Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHelping your company to embrace social selling doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing proposition: You can implement a pilot program to demonstrate how social media can have a positive impact on revenue. Glenn Gow shares tips for starting a successful ...
The Art of Marketing Operations: Steven Bushong of Disney ABC Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantSteve Bushong's background in systems engineering, and his experience with sourcing, procurement, and operations, gave him a unique perspective on how marketing can and should work in today's complex media environment.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
Don't Let Data Drive, Let It Inform: Beth Kanter and KD Paine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBeth Kanter and Katie Delahaye (KD) Paine, authors of Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World, discuss performance metrics and nonprofits.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
People Respond to Stories: Rohit Bhargava Talks Likeonomics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantRohit Bhargava, author and social media strategist, thinks business books need to be useful—to help you solve a problem you're facing. So it has to speak to you from the get-go, draw you in, and convince you it's going to ...
How Do You Measure the Value of Sharing? Kurt Abrahamson of ShareThis Talks About Measuring Social Activity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"It's not just social media," Kurt Abrahamson says in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. "It's socially engaged audiences that are important." Learn why social sharing is an important indicator of engagement—and more useful to publishers and advertisers than the ...
Measurement: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Calls Are the New Clicks: Seven Secrets to Beating Competitors on Google and BingBroadcast on 6/17/2014 with Angelo Tsakonas, Carrie Albright, Blair SymesTracking calls is critical to your search marketing success. In this free seminar, you'll learn how to manage calls to optimize revenue and outdo your competitors. Sponsored by Ifbyphone
- MarketingProfs University: Finding the True Value of Your Online Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 4/10/2014 with Ruth BurrIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how web marketing programs should target the "sweet spot" between website performance and campaign performance, allowing marketers to take a whole-funnel approach.
- The Power of More: How Knowing More About Your Website Visitors Drives Greater ROIBroadcast on 6/20/2013 with Marc Engelsman, Ben YurchakThis seminar will delve into some of the challenges marketers face when extracting meaningful and actionable insights from their web analytics data and lead you to more—more leads, more conversions, more sales, more ROI.
- Five Tools for Creating a Social Media Plan and Forecasting Its ImpactBroadcast on 11/29/2012 with Rex BriggsIn this seminar, you'll discover why social media beats traditional media in terms of ROI, how to deliver the impact you need to, and how to forecast and plan your campaigns.
- Solutions to 10 Confounding Content Marketing ChallengesBroadcast on 8/16/2012 with Stephanie Tilton, Ann HandleyMany marketers are embracing content as a cornerstone of their marketing efforts. You probably are, too. In this PRO seminar, we'll answer your toughest content marketing questions.
- Turning Social Referrals into Measurable Business ResultsBroadcast on 3/22/2012 with Nicole GoodyearIn this seminar, you'll review B2B social referral case studies to discover how they can bring measurable results to your business including higher conversion rates and increased average order and lifetime value. You'll walk away with practical knowledge on how to create and measure social referral programs that drive more qualified leads, increase sales, and produce rich social content for your brand.
- No BS Social Media: How to Drive Real Revenue with Social Media MarketingBroadcast on 2/16/2012 with Jason FallsJoin us for the PRO seminar, No BS Social Media: How to Drive Real Revenue with Social Media Marketing, and discover a relentlessly practical, business-value perspective of social media marketing that focuses on achieving results: measurable improvements in sales, profitability, efficiency, and brand value.
- The Next Generation of Landing Pages: What's New, What's Hot, What's PerformingBroadcast on 11/10/2011 with Scott BrinkerTake a whirlwind tour of state-of-the-art landing page strategies and tactics, and update your Web marketing repertoire with a new set of best practices that you can put into action.
- Measuring and Sustaining Social Media SuccessBroadcast on 8/25/2011 with Geoff LivingstonLearn how to apply SMART goals (Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound) to your social media campaigns and measure audience Attention, Attitude, and Action. Includes advice based on use studies from Dell, LinkedIn, the Humane Society of the United States, and others.
- Eight Critical SEO MetricsBroadcast on 7/21/2011 with Stephan SpencerUncover which SEO metrics enable you to maximize your website optimization efforts during this PRO seminar with Stephan Spencer. Learn how to expand your keyword list, increase your rankings, and prioritize your efforts.
Measurement: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Set Up Your Metrics for a Successful CampaignReleased on 1/24/2014 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll review the various data capture methods available, which methods are appropriate for each communication type, and the guidelines you should use to choose the right metrics for a successful campaign.
- Take 10: How to Create Goals in Google AnalyticsReleased on 9/20/2013 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to set up basic goals in Google Analytics so you can start to evaluate your website traffic right away.
- Take 10: Selecting the Right Metrics to Measure Campaign SuccessReleased on 6/21/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines for choosing the right metrics for your campaign so you can get right to measuring your tremendous success.
- Take 10: Demonstrate Marketing Success by Setting Clear ObjectivesReleased on 6/14/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines you'll want to follow in order to set clear objectives. If you follow these tips, you'll be able to clearly demonstrate marketing success in a language that your senior management team understands.
- Take 10: Tips to Measure Your Trade Show Success in Real TimeReleased on 4/5/2013 with Rob MurphyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn easy, do-it-yourself tips for measuring your trade show program—in real time.
- Take 10: How to Use Predictive Analytics to Better Your BusinessReleased on 11/23/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to successfully use predictive analytics to optimize your campaigns and improve customer experience.
- Take 10: How to Create Custom URLs for Better Campaign TrackingReleased on 10/5/2012 with Dan SoschinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create custom URLs for your campaigns that will improve your Google Analytics tracking tenfold and, ultimately, improve your campaign performance.
- Take 10: Four Steps to Creating a Useful Engagement MetricReleased on 8/3/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to best engage with your customers, why engagement is important, and how to put it to good use!
- Take 10: Five Key Ways to Optimize Your QR Code PerformanceReleased on 7/20/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five keys to great QR code execution, including how to use QR codes to help build a stronger brand, how to entice users to scan your code, and how to measure the success of your campaign.
- Take 10 Video Series: Seven Steps to Measuring Social Media ROIReleased on 7/13/2012 with David B. ThomasIn just 10 minutes, David B. Thomas will walk you through a step-by-step approach that will help you understand how to measure the bottom-line value of your social media efforts.
Measurement: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Market ResearchNeed to learn about your customers without the big price tag of market research firms? This guide on do-it-yourself market research will help you get the information you need to position your business without emptying the corporate coffers.
- Marketing Metrics How-To GuideMetrics is the guiding light of your marketing efforts. Without measurements, you're operating in the dark. Make sure you are tracking the right metrics, and get tips on interpreting the data with this comprehensive guide.
- SWOT Analysis How-To GuideThis comprehensive, step-by-step how-to guide will help you assess the position in the market of your product or firm, by identifying the product's Strengths and Weaknesses, by considering the potential Opportunities the product has in the marketingplace, and by assessing the potential Threats posed by either the competition or the marketplace.
- Online Research How-To GuideSet clear objectives and a realistic scope to online research projects. These are just two of the steps that this comprehensive, step-by-step planning guide will help you to accomplish to insure your online research results in the most relevant and useful information possible.
- Market Forecasting TemplateThis guide will give you a mini-seminar on the art and the science of forecasting. Learn the four different ways to create forecasting models and choose the ones that best suit your needs. Then follow these easy-to-follow steps to creating a model where you too can predict the future.
- Benchmark Report : Marketing ROI (Year 2)This 2006 survey, the second annual ROI study, demonstrates that companies are definitely getting the ROI message. This study shows a significant increase in the number of companies that have implemented some form of Marketing ROI measurements. And let's face it, Marketing ROI is here to stay. Jim Lenskold says, "Marketing ROI will continue to be a priority as long as maximizing profits is a priority for corporations." Well said, Jim.
- Competitive Analysis TemplateA thorough competitive analysis is a critical component of a solid marketing plan. It is an exercise that will provide you with valuable insights to guide the development of your business strategy. This 20-page template will make the project quick and easy, and you can end up with a leg up on your compeition.
- Benchmark Report: Marketing ROI (Year 1)In a 2005 survey, the first in an annual series, Jim Lenskold found that only 1 in 5 respondents was actually using ROI measures for marketing efforts -- 99% of those respondents indicate increased profitability due to the use of ROI. See this and subsequent reports for a full picture of the evolution of marketing ROI.
- Branding and Brand EquityThere isn't a single marketing topic that has dominated the last decade of the field of marketing than Branding. And, although it's certain you have at the very least put your toe in the water of the great Branding Lake, you will get nothing but good advice, confirmation of your strategies and tactics, and probably even some new ideas from this Marketing Guide.