Interactive Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Which Ad Channel Delivered Clicks at the Lowest Cost in 3Q13?Ayaz NanjiAd networks and exchanges delivered impressions, clicks, and conversions at the lowest costs of any digital advertising channels in the third quarter of 2013, according to a recent analysis by ...
State of Digital Marketing Talent: Skills Lacking, Specialists NeededAyaz NanjiSeven in ten execs (71%) at large companies and agencies say their digital marketing teams are strong in some areas but mediocre or weak in others, according to a recent ...
The Most Effective Retailers on Social MediaAyaz NanjiAutoZone is the most effective US retailer on social media, followed by BJ's Wholesale Club, Wal-Mart, Costco, and Walgreens, according to a recent analysis by Blueocean Market Intelligence.
Email Benchmarks: The Value of a Mobile Click, CTRs by Industry, Subscriber Activity TrendsAyaz NanjiAcross all industries, 16% of sales driven by email now happen via a mobile device, with 56% of those mobile sales completed on a tablet and 44% on a smartphone, ...
The Most Effective Tactics for Acquiring Facebook Fans and Twitter FollowersAyaz NanjiDigital marketers do not believe that the most commonly used tactics for acquiring Facebook fans and Twitter followers are very effective in delivering quality community and audience members, according to ...
Holiday Online Shopping Data: Eight Lucrative Dates Besides Cyber Monday and Black FridayAyaz NanjiTwo periods in early and mid December are even more lucrative for online retailers than Cyber Monday and Black Friday, and less competitive for consumers' attention, according to a recent ...
Native Advertising Trends: Brands See Value, Publishers Like Sponsored PostsAyaz NanjiThe majority (62%) of digital content publishers now offer native advertising opportunities, such as sponsored blog posts, and 41% of brands have already run native advertising campaigns, according to a ...
The Most Effective Tactics for Acquiring Email SubscribersAyaz NanjiSome of the most popular tactics for acquiring email subscribers aren't viewed by marketers as especially effective, but they are widely used because they are easy to implement, according to ...
Social Media Strategies: How Top Brands Staff, Budget, and MeasureAyaz NanjiMarketers at large brands are increasingly devoting a significant number of staff positions to social media: 46.5% of companies with revenues of more than $1 billion now have 50 or ...
Video in Marketing Emails: Trends and Benchmarks [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiOnly a quarter of marketers include videos in their email campaigns, though that proportion is likely to change in the near future, according to a recent study by Email Monks.
Interactive Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Satire, Politics, and Marketing Fake News: Baratunde Thurston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantStand-up comic, author of How to Be Black, and former director of digital at The Onion, Baratunde Thurston has a lethal sense of humor—and an uncanny ability to meld business sense and humor to both build an online audience and ...
Interactive Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The NEW New Rules of Marketing and PR for 2013Broadcast on 7/25/2013 with David Meerman ScottDavid Meerman Scott, author of the internationally best-selling book, The New Rules of Marketing & PR, will share what's NEW with the New Rules in this PRO seminar.
- How to Use Agile Marketing to Get Measurable ResultsBroadcast on 1/24/2013 with Jim Ewel, Bob CanawayThis PRO seminar will offer busy marketers a new way of doing their jobs that puts the focus on the customer experience and buyer's decision-making process while increasing ROI.
- Five Tools for Creating a Social Media Plan and Forecasting Its ImpactBroadcast on 11/29/2012 with Rex BriggsIn this seminar, you'll discover why social media beats traditional media in terms of ROI, how to deliver the impact you need to, and how to forecast and plan your campaigns.
- MarketingProfs University: Campaign Planning and Management FundamentalsBroadcast on 11/1/2012 with Jon MillerIn this PRO seminar, we will go over the basics of campaign planning and management to help you create the framework for a successful campaign.
- Using Crowdsourcing to Develop and Enhance Your ContentBroadcast on 9/27/2012 with David BratvoldIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn what crowdsourcing is, why it's important, and how you can use it to beef up your content.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Facebook AdsBroadcast on 5/17/2012 with Eshwar BelaniLearn how to dramatically improve the effectiveness, reach, and ROI of your Facebook campaigns and how to use ad targeting and optimization tools outside of Facebook to create, launch, and test thousands of ads targeted at just as many (if not more) micro-segments.
- MarketingProfs University: 11 Digital Trends to Watch in 2011Broadcast on 4/7/2011 with Steve RubelAs the kick off of MarketingProfs University Social Media Marketing Fast Track, Edelman Digital's Steve Rubel and David Armano will share 11 digital trends to watch in 2011. Learn about these trends and their broader implications, and how you can use this information to design and modify effective marketing strategies for your organization.
- Fireside Chat: Hot Tips about Digital Marketing from DMFBroadcast on 12/16/2010 with Jen Kane, DJ Waldow, Janet Driscoll Miller, and Aaron StroutJoin us for this FREE online seminar and learn the latest techniques in digital marketing. Our experts—speakers at our upcoming Digital Marketing Forum—will touch on the topics that'll get your digital marketing all fired up in 2011.
- Corporateblahbidiblah Detox: Grow Your Business by Communicating in HumanBroadcast on 4/1/2010 with Harry GottliebIt's time to say "Hell, no!" to the demons of boring marketing communications and get REAL with every customer interaction.
- A Killer Facebook Fan Page: Building It, Keeping It Fresh, and Integrating It into Your MarketingBroadcast on 12/17/2009 with Jeff WidmanA well-built Fan Page should attract visitors, turn them into fans, turn fans into customers, and help make customers your evangelists.
Interactive Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create Goals in Google AnalyticsReleased on 9/20/2013 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to set up basic goals in Google Analytics so you can start to evaluate your website traffic right away.
- Take 10: Agile Marketing—Managing Marketing at the Speed of the Digital AgeReleased on 9/13/2013 with Scott BrinkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover how agile marketing can be seamlessly incorporated into your marketing plan. We'll discuss ways to make your team more nimble and your campaigns more responsive to your customers' constantly changing needs.
- Take 10: How to Monetize Your Website with Google Ad SenseReleased on 1/25/2013 with Chloe SpencerIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover important tips on how to get your site approved by Google.
- Take 10: How to Create Custom URLs for Better Campaign TrackingReleased on 10/5/2012 with Dan SoschinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create custom URLs for your campaigns that will improve your Google Analytics tracking tenfold and, ultimately, improve your campaign performance.
- Take 10: Five Secrets of Successful Mobile App Landing PagesReleased on 9/28/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to power-up your social engagement with smart phone users. Brian will share with you five cutting-edge tips for deel-linking traditional web, email, and ad media directly into pages inside of today's most mobile apps.
- Take 10: Three Tips for Creating a Great Mobile WebsiteReleased on 7/27/2012 with Heather ClancyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple and fool-proof tips to help you create an effective mobile website.
- Take 10: Five Key Ways to Optimize Your QR Code PerformanceReleased on 7/20/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five keys to great QR code execution, including how to use QR codes to help build a stronger brand, how to entice users to scan your code, and how to measure the success of your campaign.
- Take 10: Five Powerful SEO Tips for Getting Your Mobile Apps RankedReleased on 6/15/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five powerful SEO tips that will help get your mobile app ranked in the search engines.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Turn Your Brand Into Eye Candy for Your ConsumersReleased on 6/1/2012 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to proactively prepare your brand for this social visual revolution and ensure that you have a sexy and cohesive brand image that's ready for consumption by your audience.