Email Lists: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five Tips for Increasing Email Engagement and Improve InboxingIvy ShterevaTo increase engagement and overall effectiveness of email campaigns, marketers need to focus on inboxing. Why? Because higher inboxing rates translate into higher open, click, and conversion rates, all of ...
Top Six Ways to Grow Your Email Subscription ListLinda WestCreating lasting connections with email has never been more challenging. These tips will help you cut through the clutter while adhering to ever-changing regulations and convincing subscribers to stay loyal.
Three Simple Ways to Create a High-Converting Email Subscribe FormMegan Van VlackWhen people fill out your email subscribe form, they're showing a strong indication of purchase intent. Forms are also a first step toward gathering vital data for targeting customers with ...
How to Use Quizzes for Lead GenerationJosh HaynamGenerating leads is a huge part of our job as marketers. And even though content marketing has become vital for capturing leads, creating content that actually converts is a constant ...
15 Email Marketing Myths Debunked!Verónica Maria JarskiHow well do you understand email marketing? Here's a look at common misconceptions regarding email.
Four Ways to Attract New Email Subscribers and Grow a Better ListChristopher LesterYou're on a constant quest to connect with prospects, customers, and subscribers. Cultivating a high-performing email list should be a priority. These four steps will help build your list—and boost ...
How Marketers Grow Their Email ListsAyaz NanjiRequiring registration either to gain access to restricted areas within a website or to download premium content is the most effective tactic marketers say they use to grow their email ...
The Most Important Elements of an Email CampaignAyaz NanjiEmail marketers say having quality data/lists is the key to successful email campaigns, according to a recent report from Howling Mad.
12 Tips to Help You Conquer Your Direct Marketing Campaign ChallengesJulie KnightThe core driver of campaign success is the customer data that fuels it. So here's a 12-item checklist of questions; answering them will likely save you time, effort, and money ...
10 Tactics to Increase Newsletter SubscriptionsAleksander CzyzCollecting contact details from website visitors is crucial for any business. When your visitors give you their contact details, it's the first yes on a "yes ladder" to eventually becoming ...
Email Lists: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Secret to Shareable Content: Syed Balkhi Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEntrepreneur Syed Balkhi, creator of popular sites List25 and WPBeginner, shares tips for creating shareable content.
Facebook Marketing Expert Mari Smith Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFacebook marketing expert Mari Smith shares tips for achieving the best reach possible using a combination of paid and organic posts.
Email Lists: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Successfully Break the “Rules” of Email Marketing and Get Better ResultsBroadcast on 10/25/2012 with DJ Waldow, Jason FallsJoin DJ Waldow and Jason Falls as they highlight individuals and companies who don't follow the "best practices" of email marketing and have still found incredible success.
- Getting Through and Staying Clean: Improving Your Email Sender ReputationBroadcast on 8/15/2008 with Karen Talavera, James O'BrienEmail marketers have more challenges than ever when it comes to breaking through inbox barriers. This is the second of two seminars aimed at helping you get your messages to your intended readers.
- How to Develop Quality e-Newsletter Content Without Breaking the BankBroadcast on 4/19/2007 with Nick UsborneThis seminar will shed some light on the issue of content generation, and will explore a number of ways to source and create content, much of it free. You'll find out it's not as hard as you thought.
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, it’s become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
- Crash Course #7: Integrated Media Planning in B-to-B Direct MarketingBroadcast on 2/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this information-packed session, we will discuss the media opportunities available to B2B marketers for customer acquisition. We'll cover the standard workhorses, like mail, phone and trade shows, as well as the new options, like prospecting databases and insert media.
- Crash Course #2: How to Build and Manage Your Marketing DatabaseBroadcast on 11/2/2006 with Pegg NadlerFor many marketers, questions abound as to what data to use, the differences in data, the best uses of data, the types of database systems, and current practices in database marketing. We explore this in this seminar.
Email Lists: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10: How to Create a Simple Lead Generation Form in Google DocsReleased on 12/16/2011 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead-generation form in Google Docs. Along the way, you'll discover how to set up an enticing offer, how to get the form in front of people, and, most importantly, how to measure the results.
- Take 10: How to Build a Better, Smarter Email ListReleased on 5/20/2011 with Michael MillerIn this Take 10, Michael Miller, author of The Ultimate Web Marketing Guide, takes you through the steps of building an email list, including where (and how) to get the right folks on it. He also offers suggestions for providing an email preference center for subscribers.
Email Lists: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Email Essentials: The Keys to Increasing Open RatesIn this 24-page guide, we begin by introducing email open rates, current industry averages, and ways to maximize your data accuracy. Then, we delve into six key factors that greatly impact email opens and offer various tips for improving your efforts in these areas.
- Email Marketing Benchmark Report 2008This 150-page Email Benchmark Report 2008 was developed by surveying our very own MarketingProfs members. Find out what the competition is doing so your 2009 email marketing budget makes sense!
- Benchmark Survey: Email MarketingLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey of the ways companies are using email marketing, the cost savings they are experiencing, and the ways they combat list fatigue, declining open rates and other common email marketing challenges.With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.