Email Lists: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Four Tips for Conducting Your Own Restaurant MarketingGuy HolmesIn today's competitive restaurant market, having great food and service is no longer enough: You also need great marketing. Here are four tips to make sure the time you spend ...
Nine Easy Ideas on How to Perform Behavioral SegmentationLiga BizuneToday's key to subscriber engagement is personalized and relevant email content. Behavioral segmentation is one of the best ways of reaching your target audience and sending exactly what they want.
Are You Doing Email Wrong? Just Four Steps to Increase SalesJoy GendusaEffective follow-up equals more sales, yet most businesses do not follow up enough with prospects. Drip email marketing allows you to easily follow up as much as you want via ...
The Five Data Management Practices B2B Marketers Are OverlookingDerek SlaytonMarketers know that good data management is critical to the success of their lead generation programs. Still, many fail to ensure that their contact databases are as accurate, complete, and ...
Destroy Your Website in 13 Easy StepsAndy CrestodinaHere are easy ways to choke off traffic to your website, kill leads, and push your stats into the basement. They're listed in general order from bad to worse, from ...
The Art and Science of Growing Your Email List: Determining Subscriber Acquisition CostKaren TalaveraSo how can you go about determining the value of new subscribers—as well as the limits of what you’d be willing to pay to get one?
How to Start Building a Customer Base With Your Newsletter Subscription ListMarian PineraDespite competition from a plethora of e-newsletters, you shouldn't conclude that newsletter marketing is inevitably losing effectiveness. Rather, you need to be more resourceful, creative, and goal-oriented.
The Most Effective Tactics for Acquiring Email SubscribersAyaz NanjiSome of the most popular tactics for acquiring email subscribers aren't viewed by marketers as especially effective, but they are widely used because they are easy to implement, according to ...
The Opt-Out Email List: To Send or Not to Send?Karen TalaveraThe Scenario: You want to email a list of people who have not opted in to get email from you (i.e., you have an "opt-out" list).
Email Open Rates and Click Rates Fell in 2Q13Ayaz NanjiEmail open rates decreased 8.3% in 2Q13 from 1Q13 levels, but increased 11.5% over the equivalent period in 2012, resulting in an overall average open rate of 28.5%, according to ...
Email Lists: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Facebook Marketing Expert Mari Smith Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFacebook marketing expert Mari Smith shares tips for achieving the best reach possible using a combination of paid and organic posts.
Email Lists: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Successfully Break the “Rules” of Email Marketing and Get Better ResultsBroadcast on 10/25/2012 with DJ Waldow, Jason FallsJoin DJ Waldow and Jason Falls as they highlight individuals and companies who don't follow the "best practices" of email marketing and have still found incredible success.
- Getting Through and Staying Clean: Improving Your Email Sender ReputationBroadcast on 8/15/2008 with Karen Talavera, James O'BrienEmail marketers have more challenges than ever when it comes to breaking through inbox barriers. This is the second of two seminars aimed at helping you get your messages to your intended readers.
- How to Develop Quality e-Newsletter Content Without Breaking the BankBroadcast on 4/19/2007 with Nick UsborneThis seminar will shed some light on the issue of content generation, and will explore a number of ways to source and create content, much of it free. You'll find out it's not as hard as you thought.
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, it’s become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
- Crash Course #7: Integrated Media Planning in B-to-B Direct MarketingBroadcast on 2/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this information-packed session, we will discuss the media opportunities available to B2B marketers for customer acquisition. We'll cover the standard workhorses, like mail, phone and trade shows, as well as the new options, like prospecting databases and insert media.
- Crash Course #2: How to Build and Manage Your Marketing DatabaseBroadcast on 11/2/2006 with Pegg NadlerFor many marketers, questions abound as to what data to use, the differences in data, the best uses of data, the types of database systems, and current practices in database marketing. We explore this in this seminar.
Email Lists: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10: How to Create a Simple Lead Generation Form in Google DocsReleased on 12/16/2011 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead-generation form in Google Docs. Along the way, you'll discover how to set up an enticing offer, how to get the form in front of people, and, most importantly, how to measure the results.
- Take 10: How to Build a Better, Smarter Email ListReleased on 5/20/2011 with Michael MillerIn this Take 10, Michael Miller, author of The Ultimate Web Marketing Guide, takes you through the steps of building an email list, including where (and how) to get the right folks on it. He also offers suggestions for providing an email preference center for subscribers.
Email Lists: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Email Marketing Benchmark Report 2008This 150-page Email Benchmark Report 2008 was developed by surveying our very own MarketingProfs members. Find out what the competition is doing so your 2009 email marketing budget makes sense!
- Benchmark Survey: Email MarketingLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey of the ways companies are using email marketing, the cost savings they are experiencing, and the ways they combat list fatigue, declining open rates and other common email marketing challenges.With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.