Email Lists: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Gain Subscribers Without Buying Email ListsMeghan Keaney AndersonFew things are as antithetical to good inbound marketing as purchasing a list of email addresses and blasting them with your latest campaign. You risk significant business damage. Here's what ...
Seven Deadly Email Marketing Sins, and How to Avoid ThemJames DuvalIf you're interested in optimizing your email campaigns at all, you'll steer well clear of the all-too-tempting email marketing sins of pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth!
Three Ways to Reactivate Lapsed Subscribers"If you check your subscriber lists, you'll probably find contacts lingering who should have been dealt with long ago," says Denise Keller in an article at MarketingProfs. "Instead of sitting ...
Four Things to Dump From Your Email List Right NowList churn is not an uncommon phenomenon; people change personal addresses, leave their former work addresses, or enter misspelled addresses when opting in. And that can be a problem if ...
Nineteen (19!) Ideas for Growing Your Email ListHunter BoyleWhat would you rather have, a big list with dismal conversion rates or a smaller list targeting a highly engaged audience? Thought so. For a healthy opt-in email list, quality ...
How to Reactivate Your Lapsed Email SubscribersDenise KellerYou've seen the hoarder reality shows... Email marketers can be hoarders, too: Do-nothing subscribers are likely piled up in you lists, getting in the way of your marketing. Get rid ...
Picture This: Acquisition Email That's More VisualEric DidierLooking at the evolution of social media over the last few years, you can plainly see that it's now being driven by imagery. Consider Facebook's Timeline (and its acquisition of ...
Do You Still Email Like It's 1999?"Though all things Internet seem to move at the speed of light and come or go overnight, commercial email marketing is, impressively, approaching its 15th anniversary," writes Karen Talavera in ...
US Companies Unprepared for Canada's New Anti-Spam ActIn the next year, Canada is expected to enact new legislation restricting the use of consumer data for marketing purposes. But most US marketers are unaware of the new law ...
Why Inactive Subscribers Might Be Just FineAccording to conventional wisdom, if email subscribers remain inactive for at least one year, it's best to remove them from your list. But Dela Quist takes a contrarian view. "Inactivity is ...
Email Lists: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The New Email MarketerBroadcast on 5/14/2013 with Justin Orgel, Matt SchmitterToday's email marketers are now expanding, embracing, and integrating other channels into their email marketing programs. Join us as we discuss how brands who embrace this change are setting a path toward true cross-channel optimization. Sponsored by Experian.
- How to Successfully Break the “Rules” of Email Marketing and Get Better ResultsBroadcast on 10/25/2012 with DJ Waldow, Jason FallsJoin DJ Waldow and Jason Falls as they highlight individuals and companies who don't follow the "best practices" of email marketing and have still found incredible success.
- Getting Through and Staying Clean: Improving Your Email Sender ReputationBroadcast on 8/15/2008 with Karen Talavera, James O'BrienEmail marketers have more challenges than ever when it comes to breaking through inbox barriers. This is the second of two seminars aimed at helping you get your messages to your intended readers.
- How to Develop Quality e-Newsletter Content Without Breaking the BankBroadcast on 4/19/2007 with Nick UsborneThis seminar will shed some light on the issue of content generation, and will explore a number of ways to source and create content, much of it free. You'll find out it's not as hard as you thought.
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, it’s become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
- Crash Course #7: Integrated Media Planning in B-to-B Direct MarketingBroadcast on 2/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this information-packed session, we will discuss the media opportunities available to B2B marketers for customer acquisition. We'll cover the standard workhorses, like mail, phone and trade shows, as well as the new options, like prospecting databases and insert media.
- Crash Course #2: How to Build and Manage Your Marketing DatabaseBroadcast on 11/2/2006 with Pegg NadlerFor many marketers, questions abound as to what data to use, the differences in data, the best uses of data, the types of database systems, and current practices in database marketing. We explore this in this seminar.
Email Lists: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10: How to Create a Simple Lead Generation Form in Google DocsReleased on 12/16/2011 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead-generation form in Google Docs. Along the way, you'll discover how to set up an enticing offer, how to get the form in front of people, and, most importantly, how to measure the results.
- Take 10: How to Build a Better, Smarter Email ListReleased on 5/20/2011 with Michael MillerIn this Take 10, Michael Miller, author of The Ultimate Web Marketing Guide, takes you through the steps of building an email list, including where (and how) to get the right folks on it. He also offers suggestions for providing an email preference center for subscribers.
Email Lists: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Email Marketing Benchmark Report 2008This 150-page Email Benchmark Report 2008 was developed by surveying our very own MarketingProfs members. Find out what the competition is doing so your 2009 email marketing budget makes sense!
- Benchmark Survey: Email MarketingLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey of the ways companies are using email marketing, the cost savings they are experiencing, and the ways they combat list fatigue, declining open rates and other common email marketing challenges.With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.