Customer Retention: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
A Master Guide to Product Listing Ads (PLAs) [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTo help marketers best use Google Product Listing Ads, Adchemy researched PLAs, published a best-practices whitepaper, then created the following infographic featuring steps to success and a must-do list.
Wherefore Art Thou, J. Peterman? The Quest for Social EngagementDilip VenkatachariJ. Peterman is a brand with far more personality than most. However, somehow, it got lost along the winding road to the social Web, and it's a tragedy that's costing ...
When Did Social Media Lose Its Way? [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiIn the early days of social media, users interacted like real people do. However, in time, social networks evolved into pits of broadcast messages. Here's how companies lost their way ...
10 Critical Actions for Enhancing Customer Loyalty: The Case of Travel CompaniesTed WhamThe time has come for air travel and hospitality brands to address an existential threat to the travel industry: Customer loyalty has all but vanished.
B2B Event-Driven Marketing: Triggers Your Analytics Shouldn't MissVince Stuntebeck, Trevor JonesThe retail industry has recognized that critical events in customers' lives can shift loyalties, or serve as opportunities to retain or upsell via event-driven marketing. That approach can also work ...
Four Ways to Create an Army of Fans for Your BrandMack CollierWhy do rock stars have fans but companies have customers? The short answer: that's what rock stars and companies want to have. But if you think like a rock star, ...
Five Complainer-Customer Personas and the Role of Social Media [Plus an Infographic]Susan MarshallConsumers are using social media to interact with brands, but most customer complaints and comments there remain unanswered. Big mistake! You must deal with these five types of complainers on ...
Are Your Clients Worth Keeping? Four Questions to Help You Find OutAl DavidsonFocusing on ways to increase customer retention rates is a key to real growth, but you also need to determine whether certain customers are the right fit for your business. ...
Small Business Marketing: Top Tools for Finding and Keeping CustomersLenna GaribianSmall businesses say tools such as online surveys and loyalty tracking systems are most effective at engaging existing customers, whereas daily deals and Internet ads seem more effective at attracting ...
Customer Relationships: Breaking Up Is Hard, Making Up Is Harder [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiCustomers often break up with brands that ignore them. This infographic explains what happens when customers feel caught in a one-sided relationship with brands, and it offers tips for bringing ...
Customer Retention: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Three Customer Service Lessons From Dave 'United Breaks Guitars' Carroll on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDave Carroll is the man whose guitar United broke. He joined us to discuss his book, titled United Breaks Guitars, about the experiences that led up to his now famous music video, lessons he learned along the way about social ...
Customer Retention: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Trigger Happy: The Next Level of Campaign AutomationBroadcast on 3/26/2013 with Jonathan Lagasse, Ross MillerLearn how to use campaign automation techniques across your welcome, order confirmation, and other communications programs to significantly lift program response and transaction rates (not to mention dramatically increase revenue). Sponsored by Experian Marketing Services.
- Leveraging Email, Mobile, and Social Media to Engage and Retain CustomersBroadcast on 11/18/2010 with Joel BookYou'll discover how two innovative companies—ScottsMiracle-Gro and Volvo Construction Equipment—integrate email, mobile and social media to attract, engage and retain customers.
- Sure-Fire Tips for Increasing Your Web ConversionsBroadcast on 9/30/2010 with Amy AfricaDesigning an effective website that generates leads for your business and converts leads to sales is a huge challenge. Amy Africa has perfected the art and science of Web usability and will supply you with tons of proven tactics to increase conversions.
- Sneak Peek: B2B Forum 2009 in BostonBroadcast on 5/7/2009 with B2B Forum 2009 Sneak PeekGet a conference sneak peek when our own Roy Young talks with key presenters from our June 8-9 B2B Forum to get a realistic take on the issues, and what it will take to solve today’s biggest B2B marketing dilemmas.
- Marketing in an Economic MeltdownBroadcast on 10/10/2008 with Michael GoodmanEveryone is buzzing about the U.S. economic mess, but are you simply wondering how your business should react? Come hear the smart moves that six highly-regarded marketers think you should make—and dumb moves to avoid.
- Proven Ways to Create Engaging Online Customer ExperiencesBroadcast on 8/21/2008 with Denise ShiffmanIt isn't a blog or wiki that will set your company apart from the competition and engage loyal and passionate customers. Nor is it a quality product or value-added service, although that’s a good start. This is the Age of Engage...
- How to Market Consulting and Professional ServicesBroadcast on 5/1/2008 with John DoerrHow you market and sell consulting, technology and professional services differs substantially from how you market products. Generating leads, closing new business, and keeping existing clients happy and continuously buying your services requires a different outlook, different tactics, and different execution.
- e-Newsletters: Get Attention and Build LoyaltyBroadcast on 2/22/2007 with Nick UsborneDuring the course of this seminar you will be taken through each of the steps necessary to create a quality newsletter that will hold the long-term attention of your readers and deliver revenue.
- How Marketers Win Friends and Keep Profitable Customers Through ROI AnalysisBroadcast on 9/21/2006 with Jim Lenskold, Dave SuttonThis seminar will provide guidance on leveraging measurements, data-mining and ROI analysis to align marketing decisions with corporate goals.
- Inside the Customer Loyalty Laboratory: How Companies Build Lasting RelationshipsBroadcast on 2/1/2006 with Jill GriffinIf you’re ready for fresh, new solutions for leading your company through today’s complex maze of customer issues, don’t miss this fast-paced, information-rich, fun-filled session with loyalty expert, Jill Griffin.
Customer Retention: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Using Email to Nurture Your Leads on a BudgetReleased on 3/16/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to effectively nurture your leads via email without breaking the bank.
- Take 10 Author Series: How Everything You Learned About Motivation Is Wrong—And How to Do It RightReleased on 12/9/2011 with Daniel H. PinkIn this Take 10, Dan debunks the many myths surrounding motivation and offers a number of tips and tricks for cultivating a true culture of motivation in the workplace.