Customer Retention: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How Real-Time Marketing Changes the GameTamar WeinbergBrands today have an opportunity to enhance personalization and reach, addressing always-changing customer expectations. With real-time marketing, you can increase loyalty, even upsell, and help retain customers.
The Six Pillars of B2B Customer Experience ExcellenceJulia CupmanPoor customer experience drives brand switching—a key reason for three quarters of lost customers. And customers who suffer a bad customer experience spread negative word-of-mouth.
Eight Tips for Running a Customer-Friendly BusinessNeerav MehtaYour product or service cannot survive on its own. It needs backup in the form of strong customer support. The way you interact with your audience will determine how far ...
Why Your Customers Are Uninstalling Your App [Infographic]Verónica JarskiYou've spent time, energy, and money creating an app for your customers. But was all that work worth it? Here's a look at how long users keep apps and why ...
Walking the Content Tightrope: How to Create Content That Is Shareable and Trustworthy [Infographic]Verónica JarskiContent creation means engaging in a balancing act—walking a tightrope between content that's trustworthy and content that's shareable. These seven tips can help you keep your balance.
Six Ways Sales and Marketing Can Align With Customers and Grow RevenueTrisha WinterIn B2B organizations, aligning sales and marketing goals with your current customers in mind can make the difference between meeting your quarterly goals and hoping next quarter will be better.
Moving Toward Mobile: The Future of Shopping Is on the Small Screen [Infographic]Verónica JarskiMobile devices are rapidly becoming consumers' go-to tool for all their shopping needs. Is our website optimized to handle these online shoppers—or are they going to leave you behind?
How to Create and Define Social Rewards That Map to Your Marketing ObjectivesJessica WilliamsSo you want to fold social into your loyalty program? Good! Because that's a sound strategic move.
Your Marketing Strategy Hinges on Both Brand and Client Research: Here's the Why--and the HowJoshua ConranIf you don't continually re-examine your clients and your brand in order to communicate your company's unique selling proposition, you could be muddling your value or—worse—speaking to the entirely wrong ...
How to Supercharge Your Marketing With Visual Storytelling [Infographic]Verónica JarskiPeople love visuals and stories, so combine both in visual storytelling and watch your content's reach and conversion multiply. Here are 14 tips to inspire your visual storytelling.
Customer Retention: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Social Selling and the Modern Buyer: Jill Rowley Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJill Rowley issues a clarion call for salespeople to embrace social selling, or risk losing out as modern buyers increasingly direct their own journey.
Marketing Lessons From Lady Gaga: Author Jackie Huba Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author and online marketer Jackie Huba shares marketing lessons from her book Monster Loyalty: How Lady Gaga Turns Followers Into Fanatics.
Three Customer Service Lessons From Dave 'United Breaks Guitars' Carroll on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDave Carroll is the man whose guitar United broke. He joined us to discuss his book, titled United Breaks Guitars, about the experiences that led up to his now famous music video, lessons he learned along the way about social ...
Customer Retention: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Create Meaningful Experiences for Your BrandBroadcast on 4/21/2016 with Brian SolisIn this PRO seminar, Brian Solis shares why great products, creative marketing, and delightful customer service are no longer enough to win customers. We'll explain why the future of business is experiential and show you how to create and cultivate meaningful experiences.
- The Art of Retention: How to Create Customers for LifeBroadcast on 7/17/2014 with John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to implement key strategies that will increase brand loyalty with your current customer base, so you don't have to constantly chase down new prospects. You'll walk away with an action plan to ensure your customers look forward to doing business with you again.
- Leveraging Email, Mobile, and Social Media to Engage and Retain CustomersBroadcast on 11/18/2010 with Joel BookYou'll discover how two innovative companies—ScottsMiracle-Gro and Volvo Construction Equipment—integrate email, mobile and social media to attract, engage and retain customers.
- Sure-Fire Tips for Increasing Your Web ConversionsBroadcast on 9/30/2010 with Amy AfricaDesigning an effective website that generates leads for your business and converts leads to sales is a huge challenge. Amy Africa has perfected the art and science of Web usability and will supply you with tons of proven tactics to increase conversions.
- Sneak Peek: B2B Forum 2009 in BostonBroadcast on 5/7/2009 with B2B Forum 2009 Sneak PeekGet a conference sneak peek when our own Roy Young talks with key presenters from our June 8-9 B2B Forum to get a realistic take on the issues, and what it will take to solve today’s biggest B2B marketing dilemmas.
- Marketing in an Economic MeltdownBroadcast on 10/10/2008 with Michael GoodmanEveryone is buzzing about the U.S. economic mess, but are you simply wondering how your business should react? Come hear the smart moves that six highly-regarded marketers think you should make—and dumb moves to avoid.
- Proven Ways to Create Engaging Online Customer ExperiencesBroadcast on 8/21/2008 with Denise ShiffmanIt isn't a blog or wiki that will set your company apart from the competition and engage loyal and passionate customers. Nor is it a quality product or value-added service, although that’s a good start. This is the Age of Engage...
- How to Market Consulting and Professional ServicesBroadcast on 5/1/2008 with John DoerrHow you market and sell consulting, technology and professional services differs substantially from how you market products. Generating leads, closing new business, and keeping existing clients happy and continuously buying your services requires a different outlook, different tactics, and different execution.
- e-Newsletters: Get Attention and Build LoyaltyBroadcast on 2/22/2007 with Nick UsborneDuring the course of this seminar you will be taken through each of the steps necessary to create a quality newsletter that will hold the long-term attention of your readers and deliver revenue.
- How Marketers Win Friends and Keep Profitable Customers Through ROI AnalysisBroadcast on 9/21/2006 with Jim Lenskold, Dave SuttonThis seminar will provide guidance on leveraging measurements, data-mining and ROI analysis to align marketing decisions with corporate goals.
Customer Retention: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Customer Engagement—How to Turn a Negative Into a PositiveReleased on 10/24/2014 with Jeannie WaltersIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to handle customer experience mishaps with finesse. You'll also learn how to create a greater level of brand trust and loyalty despite the customer issue, and ultimately, how to turn an unhappy customer into a loyal one.
- Take 10: Using Email to Nurture Your Leads on a BudgetReleased on 3/16/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to effectively nurture your leads via email without breaking the bank.
- Take 10 Author Series: How Everything You Learned About Motivation Is Wrong—And How to Do It RightReleased on 12/9/2011 with Daniel H. PinkIn this Take 10, Dan debunks the many myths surrounding motivation and offers a number of tips and tricks for cultivating a true culture of motivation in the workplace.