Customer Retention: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Stop Gambling With Customer Retention [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiIncreasing retention rates by 5% can increase profits by as much as 95%. Despite that fact, most companies rely on chance to keep customers.
How to Build New Revenue in Your Account BaseDan ZimanMarketers often miss revenue opportunities hiding in plain sight in their customer base. Here's how to take advantage of them.
Three Simple Tactics to Increase Customer LoyaltyMike KamoA rock-solid reputation, a remarkable product, and a price the market believes is fair will get you only halfway toward loyal, repeat buyers. Here's what else you need...
Five Steps to Effective and Affordable Small Business Content MarketingKristen HicksIf you approach content marketing thoughtfully and strategically, you can find ways to get more for less.
Three Email Marketing Improvement Challenges for 2014Karen TalaveraWith the first quarter of the year behind us, what will you do to maximize email marketing's contribution to your bottom line from here on out? I encourage you to ...
Small Businesses Focused on Existing Customers in 2014Ayaz NanjiMost small businesses (62%) plan to spend the majority of their 2014 annual marketing budget on retaining existing customers rather than trying to acquire new ones, according to a recent report ...
How to Get to the Heart of Customer ExperienceLaura PattersonIf customer retention is a top priority for you, and you haven't embarked on a customer experience mapping initiative, you need to get on it! Here are five key steps ...
Nine Easy Ideas on How to Perform Behavioral SegmentationLiga BizuneToday's key to subscriber engagement is personalized and relevant email content. Behavioral segmentation is one of the best ways of reaching your target audience and sending exactly what they want.
Customer Retention Is King: Four Steps to Secure the ThroneJerry JaoYou may be doing a stellar job of bringing in new customers, but if you're not doing enough to keep those customers, you're just wasting resources. The good news: retention ...
Bridging Marketing and Finance: Don't Get Lost in TranslationLaura PattersonWhether your goal is to obtain a seat at the table or to prove the value of Marketing—or more easily obtain approval for your budget—you need a viable relationship with ...
Customer Retention: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Social Selling and the Modern Buyer: Jill Rowley Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJill Rowley issues a clarion call for salespeople to embrace social selling, or risk losing out as modern buyers increasingly direct their own journey.
Marketing Lessons From Lady Gaga: Author Jackie Huba Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author and online marketer Jackie Huba shares marketing lessons from her book Monster Loyalty: How Lady Gaga Turns Followers Into Fanatics.
Three Customer Service Lessons From Dave 'United Breaks Guitars' Carroll on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDave Carroll is the man whose guitar United broke. He joined us to discuss his book, titled United Breaks Guitars, about the experiences that led up to his now famous music video, lessons he learned along the way about social ...
Customer Retention: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Art of Retention: How to Create Customers for LifeBroadcast on 7/17/2014 with John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to implement key strategies that will increase brand loyalty with your current customer base, so you don't have to constantly chase down new prospects. You'll walk away with an action plan to ensure your customers look forward to doing business with you again.
- Leveraging Email, Mobile, and Social Media to Engage and Retain CustomersBroadcast on 11/18/2010 with Joel BookYou'll discover how two innovative companies—ScottsMiracle-Gro and Volvo Construction Equipment—integrate email, mobile and social media to attract, engage and retain customers.
- Sure-Fire Tips for Increasing Your Web ConversionsBroadcast on 9/30/2010 with Amy AfricaDesigning an effective website that generates leads for your business and converts leads to sales is a huge challenge. Amy Africa has perfected the art and science of Web usability and will supply you with tons of proven tactics to increase conversions.
- Sneak Peek: B2B Forum 2009 in BostonBroadcast on 5/7/2009 with B2B Forum 2009 Sneak PeekGet a conference sneak peek when our own Roy Young talks with key presenters from our June 8-9 B2B Forum to get a realistic take on the issues, and what it will take to solve today’s biggest B2B marketing dilemmas.
- Marketing in an Economic MeltdownBroadcast on 10/10/2008 with Michael GoodmanEveryone is buzzing about the U.S. economic mess, but are you simply wondering how your business should react? Come hear the smart moves that six highly-regarded marketers think you should make—and dumb moves to avoid.
- Proven Ways to Create Engaging Online Customer ExperiencesBroadcast on 8/21/2008 with Denise ShiffmanIt isn't a blog or wiki that will set your company apart from the competition and engage loyal and passionate customers. Nor is it a quality product or value-added service, although that’s a good start. This is the Age of Engage...
- How to Market Consulting and Professional ServicesBroadcast on 5/1/2008 with John DoerrHow you market and sell consulting, technology and professional services differs substantially from how you market products. Generating leads, closing new business, and keeping existing clients happy and continuously buying your services requires a different outlook, different tactics, and different execution.
- e-Newsletters: Get Attention and Build LoyaltyBroadcast on 2/22/2007 with Nick UsborneDuring the course of this seminar you will be taken through each of the steps necessary to create a quality newsletter that will hold the long-term attention of your readers and deliver revenue.
- How Marketers Win Friends and Keep Profitable Customers Through ROI AnalysisBroadcast on 9/21/2006 with Jim Lenskold, Dave SuttonThis seminar will provide guidance on leveraging measurements, data-mining and ROI analysis to align marketing decisions with corporate goals.
- Inside the Customer Loyalty Laboratory: How Companies Build Lasting RelationshipsBroadcast on 2/1/2006 with Jill GriffinIf you’re ready for fresh, new solutions for leading your company through today’s complex maze of customer issues, don’t miss this fast-paced, information-rich, fun-filled session with loyalty expert, Jill Griffin.
Customer Retention: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Using Email to Nurture Your Leads on a BudgetReleased on 3/16/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to effectively nurture your leads via email without breaking the bank.
- Take 10 Author Series: How Everything You Learned About Motivation Is Wrong—And How to Do It RightReleased on 12/9/2011 with Daniel H. PinkIn this Take 10, Dan debunks the many myths surrounding motivation and offers a number of tips and tricks for cultivating a true culture of motivation in the workplace.